What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If Your Homer Team Can't Win The Super Bowl - Who Do You Like? (1 Viewer)

ChiefD

Footballguy
So, always a Chiefs fan of course. But now I am spoiled and I've seen them win two, my children have seen them win two and know how it feels. So I'm ok with whatever the fates bring me at this point. So, for me - I look at teams around the league that I would not mind seeing win one. For a variety of reasons. So my personal list:

1. The Lions. That team is building things the right way. Great GM, an owner who recognized her faults and at least has tried to provide what is needed, a strong-willed old-school coach who guys want to play for....And a fan base that deserves success. If there ever was a team that represented their fan base and region - this version of the Lions has that in spades.

2. The Bills. Talk about a fan base that has been kicked in the nads for generations. They have endured A LOT obviously in terms of Super Bowl futility. And it is really, really hard to dislike Josh Allen.

3. The Browns. Another fan base kicked in the acorns. Your owner moved the team for crissakes. Cleveland might literally burn down if they won the Super Bowl. And I think everyone would be ok with that.

Being a lifelong Vikings fan I am always thinking about this. My usual answer is anyone but the Packers, but they are really bad now. I would then lean towards a team that has never won it, like the Bengals.

The Browns. Another fan base kicked in the acorns. Your owner moved the team for crissakes
Yeah I do feel for their fans for that reason. Team finally wins but in another city. Then given a weaker replacement that never seems right.

Being a Steelers fan, I am allergic to rooting for the Browns. That said if they made it I would probably be secretly be pulling for them even though it would make some of my in-laws that are Browns fans even more insufferable. :wink:

49er fan, so anyone but the Seahawks :shades:

Lions would be my first choice of teams that actually have a chance. I would say Chargers but not happening with Staley as coach.

Bills are a close 2nd. Lions-Bills would be a fun Super Bowl

KC fan as well....DET is my slam dunk...followed by Jacksonville....the Jags with their owner have always kind of felt like they were taking one for the team being the initial sacrificial lamb that had to go play over seas, etc....losing a home game or two....I have liked them as far back as the Brunell days....

to counter some of the ones above...I think CLE deserves every bit of heartache after the Watson signing.....sorry for their fans....but I find it difficult to support or feel anything for that organization after bringing him in....I feel it will be an additional curse for them....

similar mojo with CIN....after they got a little too big for their britches after beating my team.....as a fan I can't let things like that go....

and I agree with @ChiefD about BUF....I feel like I should hate them.....(semi rival type of stuff)....but I don't and that fan base deserves a bone....

The Browns. Another fan base kicked in the acorns. Your owner moved the team for crissakes
Yeah I do feel for their fans for that reason. Team finally wins but in another city. Then given a weaker replacement that never seems right.

Being a Steelers fan, I am allergic to rooting for the Browns. That said if they made it I would probably be secretly be pulling for them even though it would make some of my in-laws that are Browns fans even more insufferable. :wink:
Can’t root for the Browns because I know at some point in the future when the Steelers and Browns are both on top, this will become a very heated rivalry for us. I’m going Lions as # 1 and actually rooting a little for San Fran so the Purdy doubters can go away. Teams I wouldn’t have any issues with include Buffalo, Miami and Jax.

Last edited:

Can’t root for the Browns because I know at some point in the future when the Steelers and Browns are both on top, this will become a very heated rivalry for me. I’m going Lions as # 1 and actually rooting a little for San Fran so the Purdy doubters can go away. Teams I wouldn’t have any issues with include Buffalo, Miami and Jax.
After last week's performance, the Purdy Doubters Club has grown.

Can’t root for the Browns because I know at some point in the future when the Steelers and Browns are both on top, this will become a very heated rivalry for me. I’m going Lions as # 1 and actually rooting a little for San Fran so the Purdy doubters can go away. Teams I wouldn’t have any issues with include Buffalo, Miami and Jax.
He got them in position to win a game with 2 of his biggest playmakers out and the kicker missed a relatively easy game winning kick. :shrug: . The doubters have no ground to stand on.

Yeah, because he was NEVER going to have a bad game in his career :doh:

He's exposed!

I've been on the Lions' bandwagon since Hard Knocks last year, and watching them play has been fun. they are cooking in all 3 phases of the game, and aside from a flukey OT loss against SEA, they could easily be the lone undefeated team.

Was listening to Greeny in the car dropping my kid off at school, and he was pimping the Lions hard- they said Vegas has the Lions at 6:1 to win the NFC. I'm actually thinking about dropping a couple hundo there, for those odds. I legit think they are a 14 win team this year.

So, always a Chiefs fan of course. But now I am spoiled and I've seen them win two, my children have seen them win two and know how it feels. So I'm ok with whatever the fates bring me at this point. So, for me - I look at teams around the league that I would not mind seeing win one. For a variety of reasons. So my personal list:

1. The Lions. That team is building things the right way. Great GM, an owner who recognized her faults and at least has tried to provide what is needed, a strong-willed old-school coach who guys want to play for....And a fan base that deserves success. If there ever was a team that represented their fan base and region - this version of the Lions has that in spades.

2. The Bills. Talk about a fan base that has been kicked in the nads for generations. They have endured A LOT obviously in terms of Super Bowl futility. And it is really, really hard to dislike Josh Allen.

3. The Browns. Another fan base kicked in the acorns. Your owner moved the team for crissakes. Cleveland might literally burn down if they won the Super Bowl. And I think everyone would be ok with that.
Fellow Chiefs fan. There are several teams I will definitely NOT be rooting for, but I wouldn't mind seeing any of these teams make good:

1. Jacksonville Jaguars: Former Chiefs' OC on his second HC gig in Doug Pederson is easy to cheer for, plus I like how they are building their team.

2. Detroit Lions: I love the brand of football being played in Detroit, and HC Dan Campbell is easy to root for.

3. Cleveland Browns: Kevin Stefanski is another likable HC. I might have put the Browns at the top of this list but for Deshaun Watson.

Honorable Mention: NY Giants, NY Jets and NE Patriots. There is probably little chance any of these three even make the playoffs, but I admire all three teams. I long hated the Pats, but now that they are bottom dwellers again, I find myself pulling for them.

Wet weather, lost 3 big players on offense, and still got them in a position to win it. Purdy doubters are like vultures waiting for anything to pounce on.

It's a kind of weird obsession. I remember many Mahomes doubters as well, but that club lost most of its members after a few years.

If Miami is not going to win the Super Bowl
I could have fun watching the Detroit Lions have a Cinderella season

Still think it's the Cheifs until someone beats them in the Playoffs, period

Grew up in New England so I'm a Pats fan. Have lived in Southern California for nearly 15 years so I'm partial to the Rams out of the "local" teams. Would also love to see a Lions SB victory. Just like the team.

I've been on the Lions' bandwagon since Hard Knocks last year, and watching them play has been fun. they are cooking in all 3 phases of the game, and aside from a flukey OT loss against SEA, they could easily be the lone undefeated team.

Was listening to Greeny in the car dropping my kid off at school, and he was pimping the Lions hard- they said Vegas has the Lions at 6:1 to win the NFC. I'm actually thinking about dropping a couple hundo there, for those odds. I legit think they are a 14 win team this year.
as much as you may feel that loss was flukey....I could argue the win over KC was just as flukey....just sayin....

6:1 seems like bad odds to me. Have the Lions ever won the NFC?

Saints fan here. I remember that feeling of winning the first one in 2009, after the years of misery and being the Aints, so I have a soft spot for other fanbases who are long-suffering and never won one before. So out of that list:

• Arizona Cardinals - would be fine, but won't happen anytime soon
  • Atlanta Falcons - nope, can't root for them ever, hope they lose every game
  • Buffalo Bills - definitely root for them in the AFC
  • Carolina Panthers - would be ok with it, but won't root for it
  • Cincinnati Bengals - I'd be fine with it but man we'd never hear the end of the Burrow/Joe Scheisty hype if this happened
  • Cleveland Browns - popular pick, but man I can't root for Creepy Watson so hopefully it's after he's done
  • Detroit Lions - my favorite lovable loser, hope they win one soon
  • Houston Texans - would be fine
  • Jacksonville Jaguars - would be fine
  • Los Angeles Chargers - my second choice out of this list. I like Herbert and Ekeler, and Brees was a Charger once upon a time so always root for them where I can.
  • Minnesota Vikings - long-suffering for sure, but I kinda hate the Vikings for their recent Saints playoff beatings. Would be fine though if they won one.
  • Tennessee Titans - would be fine

Last edited:
I'm surprised by the lack of dolphins in this thread. McDaniels interviews alone would be worth it.

Edit - I'm liking what they're doing in Houston. Found a quality coach and a quality qb. Get an online and some skill players and suddenly they own that division.

Browns can go f themselves. Sorry to all the fans but signing your life away to someone like Watson deserves all the bad karma you can get.

I'm surprised by the lack of dolphins in this thread. McDaniels interviews alone would be worth it.

Edit - I'm liking what they're doing in Houston. Found a quality coach and a quality qb. Get an online and some skill players and suddenly they own that division.

Browns can go f themselves. Sorry to all the fans but signing your life away to someone like Watson deserves all the bad karma you can get.
Yeah, why cant the Browns players just strike their girlfriends in the face and stomach while choking them like a certain Dolphin has done? Oh, and she was eight weeks pregnant with Hill's child.
Yep, it was a long time ago, but it happened. I just found it odd that one team can "go f themselves" while you are simultaneously surprised the other isnt getting more love.
By the way, Tyreek has had a couple other more recent incident disappear without charges.

If the titans aren’t in it I’ll cheer for the places I’ve lived if they have a local team, mostly because I have friends there still and partially because I cheered for them for a while.
So my options are the Chiefs, panthers and Lions. Pretty easy choice. Restore the roar! 🦁 I still lik KC but the lions are easy to cheer on this year.

As the Raiders will not win the Superb Owl, I'm hoping for a Bills/Eagles match up based on friends following the respective teams

Lions.

Eagles because I'm a de facto fan due to dynasty investments.

Patriots just to stick in people's craws.

Lions and Dolphins for me,but the head coaches have to have at least one presser together.
And with these two at least when I draw my usual 2's and 5's in my Super Bowl Squares Pool I'd have a chance.
I believe the score would change many,many,many times.
TD's,FG's,two point conversions(made or missed)
Tired defenses in the fourth quarter,POINTS GALORE!

Yeah, why cant the Browns players just strike their girlfriends in the face and stomach while choking them like a certain Dolphin has done? Oh, and she was eight weeks pregnant with Hill's child.
Yep, it was a long time ago, but it happened. I just found it odd that one team can "go f themselves" while you are simultaneously surprised the other isnt getting more love.
By the way, Tyreek has had a couple other more recent incident disappear without charges.
Cmon now, he went to a restaurant and gave a fan a ball. It’s all good now

Lifelong Chargers fan here. If they can't win it all, I have to root for Cincy, but only because I own lots of shares of Burrow and Mixon.

Ah yes the player the dolphins gave the richest gaurenteed contract to that they can't get out of no matter what. That guy. The one that is the face of their franchise, as the quarterback. The player who didn't have, I forget the number, was it 50(?) different women come out and say he did the same systematicly abusive thing to them.

All bad people are equally as bad no matter what they do. One bad thing can't be worse than the other.

I wouldn't mind one of the Ohio teams or Buffalo winning it. I don't dislike the Lions, but similarly to how some people are mad about Cleveland over Watson, I still hold the early retirement of Calvin Johnson and Barry Sanders against Detroit a bit. Thanks for driving two legends from the game early with your ineptitude.

Ah yes the player the dolphins gave the richest gaurenteed contract to that they can't get out of no matter what. That guy. The one that is the face of their franchise, as the quarterback. The player who didn't have, I forget the number, was it 50(?) different women come out and say he did the same systematicly abusive thing to them.

All bad people are equally as bad no matter what they do. One bad thing can't be worse than the other.
I just found it interesting that you drew a line. Either you care about the character of the players or you don’t. How much money they pay them is irrelevant.

finding it hard to understand the answers that include "because he is on my fantasy team"..... :suds:thats some hardcore **** right there....but some parts of me down deep dig it....

Dolphins, was a big fan growing up during their heyday in the early 70's.

College Basketball I default to Cadwallader University, they've made several final fours but never cut down the net.

I cheer for the Chiefs every year ever since I saw in person Mahomes first home game (only NFL game I've ever been to in person in my entire life). KC is the closest NFL city to where I live and I'm a life long Royals fan so it's not that hard to cheer for them. Plus I have a few very high dollar Mahomes Rookie Cards.

I just found it interesting that you drew a line. Either you care about the character of the players or you don’t. How much money they pay them is irrelevant.
Or I place different value on different things. I don't mind saying I find Watson's repeated sexual assault worse than Hill's single physical assual over ten years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread