What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If Your Homer Team Can't Win The Super Bowl - Who Do You Like? (1 Viewer)

2. The Bills. Talk about a fan base that has been kicked in the nads for generations. They have endured A LOT obviously in terms of Super Bowl futility. And it is really, really hard to dislike Josh Allen.
Vikings have been kicked in the nads for far longer and far worse. Last SB appearance was mid 70's. Anderson missed only FG to keep them out of SB, Bounty Gate with the Saints and inept coaching keeping them out 10 years later. The Hershall Walker fiasco bringing multiple SB's to Dallas. It doesn't get any worse and nobody competes with this nad kicking experience. Detroit isn't even close because they have never been close. It is much worse to see the trophy and then get nut punched over never having any hope to begin with.

Vikings fans deserve a SB victory.

Good thread. Should have almost made this a poll thread, would be curious to see results.

FOR: Lions, Texans, Jags, Dolphins, Titans.

AGAINST: Cowboys, Giants, Commanders, Seahawks, 49ers.

Curious with all the Lions picks, are there any Vikings/Packers/Bears fans who would be ok with a Lions SB?

Curious with all the Lions picks, are there any Vikings/Packers/Bears fans who would be ok with a Lions SB?
NO!!! See my post above. They don't deserve one until they feel the pain of tasting the victory and then getting nut punched to keep it from happening.

Lions. I lived in Michigan for 11 years and have seen what they go through year after year. Their fans deserve a good team.

Funny side note, watching highlights of the Lions Bucs game the other day, I was shocked at how much blue there was in the stands and I thought about how we really don't know how big their traveling fan base is because we haven't seen them legitimately good in a long long time. Their fans have been waiting for this, and they're showing up big time. Love to see it.

Teams I hope never win another Super Bowl:

SEA, PHI, NE, TB, DAL

The Browns. Another fan base kicked in the acorns. Your owner moved the team for crissakes
Yeah I do feel for their fans for that reason. Team finally wins but in another city. Then given a weaker replacement that never seems right.

Being a Steelers fan, I am allergic to rooting for the Browns. That said if they made it I would probably be secretly be pulling for them even though it would make some of my in-laws that are Browns fans even more insufferable. :wink:
Ya, still not the Browns. The Cubs were the lovable losers for 100 years, but them winning was the worst thing for fans of any other team ever since. I think Cleveland would be the NFL version of that. The best SB champs when my team isn't in it is a team like Seattle where everyone forgets they exist or that it happened 5 minutes later.

I think a majority of fans wouldn't mind any team winning except those who are in the same division as their home/favorite team. For example, I never want to see the Jets, Bills or Pats not only win a SB but I don't want them to win any games. 🫢

There are also those teams that always seem to be in the mix like KC, GB, Indy, Philly, and Pit that I just can't root for.

For some reason, I don't like seeing SF win. As a Dolphins fan, I'll have to think about why. :ponder:

I would be happy for Detroit, Cleveland, Cincy, and LAC.

Miami - Love McDaniel and Achane and they are fun as hell to watch
Detroit - Big Dan Campbell fan

Please not the Eagles

I would be happy for Detroit, Cleveland, Cincy, and LAC.
FWIW, I’d be happy for Browns fans but definitely not the franchise and how they got there. Bengals, chargers sure. But yeah, it’s fun times in the motor city this year.

Commanders. Grew up on the DMV as a huge ‘skins fan. The unending misery those fans have been through over the last two decades is unfathomable….

I change my answer. If it can’t be the Eagles, I root for a giant meteor coming down like a snowball at Santa Claus’ head, right into Vegas.

Texans fan here, so for me it starts with anyone not in AFC South. Actually I hope they get crushed in the SB or AFCCG to the champ.

Fun winners for me : Detroit, Cincinnati, Buffalo, Jets, Cardinals. Lesser degree : Vikings, Falcons, Chargers since they’ve never won it.

I am not nearly as emotionally attached to wins and losses as I used to be (I think the Blues winning the Cup made me satisfied for life as a sports fan, and I now take all wins and losses in stride), so with the Broncos having zero chance to win it all this year (they'll be lucky to equal last year's win total), it would be cool to see the Lions or Chargers win it (Lions may have a shot, the Chargers do not). The Raiders are really the only team that would still gross me out to see win it, but there is obviously no chance of that with Coach McDoofus at the helm, so I am not worried.

Bucs fan here, Baker ain't bringing us a ring. With that said, I've always had a soft spot for our division rival Panthers. First cap my dad bought 5 year old me was a panthers cap. Wore it to my first day of kindergarten. It's on home video lol. But they're not winning diddly right now either.

If I were to pick amongst the actual contenders right now, hard not to root for Philly. Jalen is an exceptional role model. A man's man. He plays an exciting brand of football. Eagles would be my pick.

Lions. I lived in Michigan for 11 years and have seen what they go through year after year. Their fans deserve a good team.

Funny side note, watching highlights of the Lions Bucs game the other day, I was shocked at how much blue there was in the stands and I thought about how we really don't know how big their traveling fan base is because we haven't seen them legitimately good in a long long time. Their fans have been waiting for this, and they're showing up big time. Love to see it.

SEA, PHI, NE, TB, DAL
PHI x 1000, I went to the NFC championship game in 2018 (as a Vikings fan) and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. I am not confident that I would have gotten out of The Linc alive had the Vikings won. Simply abhorrent fanbase.

SEA, PHI, NE, TB, DAL
Now this I can get behind. I would even add Oakland & Pittsburgh into this list as well
What do you two have against the Bucs?
Nothing. I really wouldn't care if they won another SB. Their fans are reasonable and living in CA i really don't bump into many of them. I would probably remove them from the anti list if push came to shove.

SEA, PHI, NE, TB, DAL
Now this I can get behind. I would even add Oakland & Pittsburgh into this list as well
My thought, too. TB seemed odd for a non-division-rival hate list.
I've lived near Tampa for 30 years and I just can't stand the team or local fan base/media. When Brady was here it was unbearable.

Packers fan here

I hate that I like watching the Lions play. They are way tougher than the current version of GB. Bully them on both sides of the ball.

Detroit fan who finally has hope!

In the meantime my secondary team has been KC ever since Derrick Thomas got 7 sacks in one game. And they’ll remain so indefinitely. They’ve been a pretty good backup, especially in recent years.

SEA, PHI, NE, TB, DAL
My thought, too. TB seemed odd for a non-division-rival hate list.
I've lived near Tampa for 30 years and I just can't stand the team or local fan base/media. When Brady was here it was unbearable.
Figured it had something to do with week 1 in 97 when Warren Sapp single-handedly ruined the 49ers season.

San Fran fan here....

1. Anyone playing the Cowboys or Eagles.
2. Dolphins - Love seeing Cheetah do flips. Always been a fan of explosives offfenses.
3. Chefs - They used to occupy the one spot but are getting a little too much help from the zebras this year for my liking.
4. Lions - Geoff got a raw deal in LA.
5. Ravens - When LJax isn't being a baby he's just downright fun watching.

Users who are viewing this thread