What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread (7 Viewers)

The 2020 presidential race is tightening up, with Democrat Joe Biden's support slipping, according to a new Just the News Daily Poll with Scott Rasmussen.

The results show a tightening race compared to April – from Biden +9 to Biden +4. Almost all of the movement came from Biden losing support (from 49% in the first poll to 43% now). Trump’s support is essentially unchanged. This reflects the fact that a larger number of people are slipping into the uncommitted categories (other candidates or undecided). 

"Of particular note – especially given the allegations against him – is that Biden’s lead among women has fallen from 20 points in our first poll to nine points today," Rasmussen said

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/polling/just-news-2020-presidential-poll-shows-near-tie-biden-dropping-49-april-43

The 2020 presidential race is tightening up, with Democrat Joe Biden's support slipping, according to a new Just the News Daily Poll with Scott Rasmussen.

The results show a tightening race compared to April – from Biden +9 to Biden +4. Almost all of the movement came from Biden losing support (from 49% in the first poll to 43% now). Trump’s support is essentially unchanged. This reflects the fact that a larger number of people are slipping into the uncommitted categories (other candidates or undecided). 

"Of particular note – especially given the allegations against him – is that Biden’s lead among women has fallen from 20 points in our first poll to nine points today," Rasmussen said

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/polling/just-news-2020-presidential-poll-shows-near-tie-biden-dropping-49-april-43
Rasmussen polls always have Democrats shaking in their boots.  :coffee:

And even with slanted methodology, the poll shows Biden with a reasonable lead.
I remember back in my GOP days, I would ignore most polls in favor of the Rasmussen. My mood would sour until I would see Romney up on Rasmussen. All was well in the world, as my guy was gonna bring it home!

Is this quid pro quo ???? Let's wait and see if this leaked call is legit.

"And I'm a man of my word," Biden adds. "And now that the new Prosecutor General is in place, we're ready to move forward to signing that one billion dollar loan guarantee."

Is this quid pro quo ???? Let's wait and see if this leaked call is legit.

"And I'm a man of my word," Biden adds. "And now that the new Prosecutor General is in place, we're ready to move forward to signing that one billion dollar loan guarantee."
The US Government, including our Ambassadors, the IMF, and EU fully own and are proud that they conditioned EU/IMF/WB loan guarantees on democratic reforms in Ukraine. Getting the Rada to oust the prior prosecutor was part of that which is why Biden made a public speech in front of the Rada explaining just that.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey, any Biden sightings?

I think he is a decent guy but maybe he should show up in person for like a press conference?

Can you imagine if Biden had said that? It would be offered as proof of his mental decline.
Why?  Seems like a pretty lighthearted joke about farmers and guns.  Maybe weak humor, but not mental decline.  

I think Biden's sense of humor is super cringe with his hairy leg stories, but it's not evidence of mental decline. 

It's his slurred speech, jumbled thoughts, and discombobulated sentence structure that makes people think he's losing it.  

Donald Trump:

"They want to take your Second Amendment away. You'll have nobody guarding your potatoes."

Can you imagine if Biden had said that? It would be offered as proof of his mental decline. But Trump, of course, will get a pass from the usual suspects. 
Still trying to figure out what whipped means?

Why?  Seems like a pretty lighthearted joke about farmers and guns.  Maybe weak humor, but not mental decline.  

I think Biden's sense of humor is super cringe with his hairy leg stories, but it's not evidence of mental decline. 

It's his slurred speech, jumbled thoughts, and discombobulated sentence structure that makes people think he's losing it.  
As I suspected, Trump supporters and defenders like you have no problem with it, but would have pounced on Biden in making the exact same statement. 

Donald Trump:

"They want to take your Second Amendment away. You'll have nobody guarding your potatoes."

Can you imagine if Biden had said that? It would be offered as proof of his mental decline. But Trump, of course, will get a pass from the usual suspects. 
[ok, I can use the rolling laughter emoji, here right?]​

shadrap said:
hey, any Biden sightings?

I think he is a decent guy but maybe he should show up in person for like a press conference?
We were talking about this the other day. There are only slight pokes in the media about Biden hiding in his basement for 3 months. 

But if the roles were reversed and it was Joe Biden (R), the media would openly be calling him a coward for hiding in his basement while the incumbent Democrat President worked tirelessly every day battling the global pandemic.

Here's the leaked phone calls where Biden held a billion dollars over Ukraine's head to fire the prosecutor the US didn't like.  "I meet with Shokin & despite that he hasn't done anything wrong, I asked him to resign."  Biden says he'd rather be with Poroshenko in Ukraine than in Minnesota.  

leaked calls

press conference

"The subject of our press conference: "New facts of international corruption and external governance of Ukraine."  What will be made public at the press conference?  Today we will unveil recordings of telephone conversations with voices similar to those of Petro Poroshenko and Joseph Biden, testifying to the facts of international corruption and treason at the highest state level." 

Seems like Biden’s lack of campaign is serving him well honestly. His numbers are strong and it seems like he’s got a few pathways to 270 which is good if one demographic slips as time goes by. 

obviously PA MI and WI look competitive. 
Georgia looks competitive.

Arizona looks competitive. 
Florida as well. 

Several different avenues to take. 

He just needs to hide his obvious mental decline until after November. 

We were talking about this the other day. There are only slight pokes in the media about Biden hiding in his basement for 3 months. 

But if the roles were reversed and it was Joe Biden (R), the media would openly be calling him a coward for hiding in his basement while the incumbent Democrat President worked tirelessly every day battling the global pandemic.
I don't know that I'd refer to watching TV and rage tweeting as "working tirelessly every day".

New polls: Biden increases his lead in Arizona, Florida, Virginia: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5221514002

And he’s not even campaigning yet.
Biden's not any kind of inspirational leader, nor a great speaker from what I gather. And honestly, many probably don't really even know his position on many issues of the day. On thing rings true, however, in that he is the "out" the country needs to get a raving lunatic out of office. Even if it means he mails in his 4 years playing golf and hiding away in the Hamptons.

Biden's not any kind of inspirational leader, nor a great speaker from what I gather. And honestly, many probably don't really even know his position on many issues of the day. On thing rings true, however, in that he is the "out" the country needs to get a raving lunatic out of office. Even if it means he mails in his 4 years playing golf and hiding away in the Hamptons.
Exactly. And this is why I’ve been saying he’s almost perfect for this campaign. He puts all of the focus on Donald Trump. 

Here's the leaked phone calls where Biden held a billion dollars over Ukraine's head to fire the prosecutor the US didn't like.  "I meet with Shokin & despite that he hasn't done anything wrong, I asked him to resign."  Biden says he'd rather be with Poroshenko in Ukraine than in Minnesota.  
I haven't listened to these yet, but I thought this was a tidy summary of what I'm guessing the claims are in here, likely the stuff (dirt/disinformation) we heard from the post-Yanukovych gang in Ukraine last year.

Also thanks for the background on Derkach, I think that's important and I appreciate the straight up response.

I haven't listened to these yet, but I thought this was a tidy summary of what I'm guessing the claims are in here, likely the stuff (dirt/disinformation) we heard from the post-Yanukovych gang in Ukraine last year.

Also thanks for the background on Derkach, I think that's important and I appreciate the straight up response.
You link to a 1-minute blurb from the “disinformation fellow” of a US-funded think tank who completely whitewashes everything the US did in Ukraine.  I watched her interview with Christine Amanpour, looks like she traffics in this line regularly.  

President Zelensky is calling it “high treason” and recommending an investigation into Poroshenko/Biden’s role.  How long do people like Jankowicz think they can continue gaslighting us about this?  

I’d just recommend people watch the press conference and judge for themselves.  It’s bad.  

President Zelensky is calling it “high treason” and recommending an investigation into Poroshenko/Biden’s role.  How long do people like Jankowicz think they can continue gaslighting us about this?  
He says ‘perceived as’. Zelensky’s is referring to the mandatory civil process whereby any citizen can compel police/prosecutors to investigate a claim or incident. So yeah that’s already underway. 

He says ‘perceived as’. Zelensky’s is referring to the mandatory civil process whereby any citizen can compel police/prosecutors to investigate a claim or incident. So yeah that’s already underway. 
Also says ‘qualifies as’ high treason.  Like I said, spin away...

I believe I said a long time ago that Democrats were going to regret clutching pearls for a corrupt politician with so many skeletons in his closet.  

This is a disaster.  I’m surprised it’s not a bigger story.  

@kenvogel

Remember when Democrats used BAIN CAPITAL to vilify @MittRomney in 2012?

Well, the top donors to @JoeBiden's super PAC last month were…

@BainCapital's co-chairman & his wife.

They each donated $250k, accounting for most of the $ raised by the PAC.

Why should he? His opponent makes it so easy on him, he'd be crazy to mess with what's already working.
I don't think Biden fans will like it when Trump/GOP start trashing Biden for real.  He's going to have to respond to this Ukraine stuff, Reade, all the times he told voters to go vote for other people, his past policy positions/rhetoric which are awful, his mental decline.  They're not gonna let him hide in a hole forever.  

I don't think Biden fans will like it when Trump/GOP start trashing Biden for real.  He's going to have to respond to this Ukraine stuff, Reade, all the times he told voters to go vote for other people, his past policy positions/rhetoric which are awful, his mental decline.  They're not gonna let him hide in a hole forever.  
He can do pretty much what he wants to. Trump makes it that easy on him.

Biden going down into the bunker for 3 months is the worst thing that could have happened to him. He’s basically polling as a generic candidate right now in these polls and not Joe Biden. It’s hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread