What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do You Buy Only One Make/Model of Car? (1 Viewer)

I love cars.  I love having different cars.  I trade in every 3-4 years to have something new and different.  Since I've started buying new cars and meeting my wife, I've/we've had a Chevy, Ford, Nissan, Jeep, Dodge, and Honda....with different models of some makes.

The longest I've had a car was an Altima that I had for seven years and was the first car I paid off.  I traded it in for a Ford Fusion and only had it for a year and a half before I just traded it in two weeks ago for a Maxima.  I forgot how much fun a Nissan is to drive.  I may never have anything but a Nissan again.

I know some people have sworn by a make/model of car.  I was never that type of guy, but I may be now.  Just curious as to how others are.
My cars have been Toyota Pickup, Chevy Camaro (POS), Nissan Versa, and Nissan Altima.  Test drove a lot of cars (non-luxury) after my Versa was totaled, but none handled as well as the Altima for me.  Love how these drive and they have good features for price.  I'm probably in your same boat unless I make the jump to a luxury brand.

I've become a '4runner guy'.  I bought a used 2002 4runner that lasted me to 175K.  Next I bought another used 2005 4runner that didn't last me long.  I don't know what happened but I think I took a turn too sharp while it was in 4WD and it messed up the differential.  It had 96K miles on it when I bought it and it was in pretty rough shape.  Hindsight I probably shouldn't have bought that one. 

After that experience I went to a Toyota dealer and my current ride is a 2015 4runner.  It only had 20K on it when I bought it, certified used.  I have always wanted to own a car past the 200K mark and I am hoping it will be this one.  I've simply been following the scheduled maintenance at the dealership ad I'm up to around 70K now. 

The 4runner is a good fit because I want something that can haul a small fishing boat but still has room to carry 5 people, and room for luggage in the back if I am travelling or need to pick someone up at the airport.

The only make/model I'll never buy again is Honda Accord. Other than that I'm not too particular and tend to stick with cars for a long time (at least 5+ years whenever possible).
You’ll NEVER buy a Honda Accord again?

Why?

I had one for 17 years and it was the most reliable vehicle I ever had. 

I'm an Infiniti/Acura guy.

The 2012 G37x I bought in December is fun to drive.

The '09 Acura TL I smashed up had a little nicer drive.

The '04 Acura TL is a nice ride AND is fun to drive.

The '02 Infiniti I35 was a GREAT car I sold after 200k miles.

The '97 Infiniti I30 Touring was probably my favorite of them all.

The lone wolf was the 2000 Lexus ES300 I got my son. It glides nicely across the road and he likes it, but I like a car with more giddy up.

BMW family since 2000.  That ends this year due to BMW no longer being the "ultimate driving machine".  Manuals are only available on "m" cars and that seems only to placate the dinosaurs like me that think feeling and controlling gear shifts is integral to a true "ultimate driving experience".  Might keep the cars I have and put money into keeping them rolling. 

Similar. They have been my only 3 since 99 and have been very reliable for me.  I also enjoy the manuals.  We will see what is around in a couple of year when I will be looking again, but like you stated maybe I just modify what I have and start going alpina or dinan.

First car was a hand-me down 10 year old Subaru hatchback. This was in the mid 90s, drove like a go cart.

Since then, owned a Ford Probe, a Ford Explorer, a Toyota Camry, A Toyota Highlander hybrid, and an Audi A7.

Per @AhrnCityPahnder's comments on his old Audi, I remember my father's Audi back in the late 80s/early 90s was a terrible POS in terms of constant upkeep and both mechanical and electrical issues. But I have had zero problems with my Audi since purchase (which was a gamble as it's a 2012, the first US model/production year) and it's been a literal dream.

That said, looking ahead, I'll likely stick with Toyotas -- super dependable and last forever.

After many years of various makes/models, we settled in on Acura and Lexus.  We are currently all Acura - TL, TLX, MDX.  Will also consider Infiniti next round.  Liking their new models.

First car was a hand-me down 10 year old Subaru hatchback. This was in the mid 90s, drove like a go cart.

Since then, owned a Ford Probe, a Ford Explorer, a Toyota Camry, A Toyota Highlander hybrid, and an Audi A7.

Per @AhrnCityPahnder's comments on his old Audi, I remember my father's Audi back in the late 80s/early 90s was a terrible POS in terms of constant upkeep and both mechanical and electrical issues. But I have had zero problems with my Audi since purchase (which was a gamble as it's a 2012, the first US model/production year) and it's been a literal dream.

That said, looking ahead, I'll likely stick with Toyotas -- super dependable and last forever.
Agree with the bolded.  I have a 2012 A6 (95% same car Toms A7) and the car’s been awesome.  110k on it at the moment.  

Agree with the bolded.  I have a 2012 A6 (95% same car Toms A7) and the car’s been awesome.  110k on it at the moment.  
My A5 was awesome, our Q5 was awesome, and we love our Q7. Nothing but great experiences with Audi. 

Users who are viewing this thread