What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread: Toronto Raptors win NBA title #1.33 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, ok. i'm ok trying to make it a close game.

ETA: well thank you Danny Green. 

Last edited by a moderator:
i think i agree with the Open Floor guys, Toronto fans seem like one of the more annoying fanbases

Very poor finish to the half. Sixers with a chance to go up twenty and they proceed to turn it over 4 times in 2 mins and let them finish on a 7-0 run.

Very poor finish to the half. Sixers with a chance to go up twenty and they proceed to turn it over 4 times in 2 mins and let them finish on a 7-0 run.
the turnovers were concerning, but i'm all for the first 5 minutes of the 3rd Q. that will let us know how this game and maybe series can look

:lmao: i love how they give JJ a turnover when he is getting pushed out of bounds. Seeing a pissy Reddick is usually fun

the turnovers were concerning, but i'm all for the first 5 minutes of the 3rd Q. that will let us know how this game and maybe series can look
🙂

eta: weird, that's the "poop" emoji

Last edited by a moderator:
i know the commentators are loving Jimmy, but MVP for the Sixers this game might be Ben. his defense on Kawhi has been top notch

Sure Siachim is fun, but they can slow down a little on the hype. Talking him up when he has 19 points on 23 shots, they may want to slowdown a tad

lol Toronto fans, no way at all you can complain about any foul called on your team. they are hacking each time down the court, Sixers can at least get some of these calls

Well, there were only two losses so far, so not a big sample size, but there was this:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/04/25/warriors-steve-kerr-compliments-patrick-beverleys-flopping/

1/2....you know, only 5% of the time, so he doesn't ever really do it.
Combine that with having been fined earlier this year for confronting refs and all the whining after the twolves loss, i think it is fair to call him a hypocrite fir complaining about people complaining about officiating.

But you know that must be my anti warriors bias.

:lmao:   Yeah, that's a cool sample size of 2.
Saying it is a small sample size is silly in the context of this discussion. It further illustrates how he very recently complained about the officiating. 

So when jayrod called him a hypocrite for his comments, jayrod was correct. You dont get to complain about the refs just over a week ago and then complain that people are talking about referees. 

Saying it is a small sample size is silly in the context of this discussion. It further illustrates how he very recently complained about the officiating. 

So when jayrod called him a hypocrite for his comments, jayrod was correct. You dont get to complain about the refs just over a week ago and then complain that people are talking about referees. 
Sure you do.  Particularly since that wasn't Kerr's actual point.  It's pretty clear what Kerr is really saying which is basically "NBA, this is broken.   It's out of control overall - the perception of poor officiating, the constant whining, the constant gamesmanship where guys try to fall down to get calls (this includes Curry btw), and most importantly the reality that this distracts all of us from great basketball being played.   I'm a part of the problem too, but I can't solve this myself.  Please solve this so that we can all go back to watching and enjoying some amazing playoff basketball."

IMO that's his message.  Maybe he should say that very simply.  But hey, nobody is perfect.  He's going off the cuff in these interviews to a degree.

If he said that out loud, it wouldn't be hypocritical - it would be a plea for help.  Anyway, that's what I heard in his comments.

Sure you do.  Particularly since that wasn't Kerr's actual point.  It's pretty clear what Kerr is really saying which is basically "NBA, this is broken.   It's out of control overall - the perception of poor officiating, the constant whining, the constant gamesmanship where guys try to fall down to get calls (this includes Curry btw), and most importantly the reality that this distracts all of us from great basketball being played.   I'm a part of the problem too, but I can't solve this myself.  Please solve this so that we can all go back to watching and enjoying some amazing playoff basketball."

IMO that's his message.  Maybe he should say that very simply.  But hey, nobody is perfect.  He's going off the cuff in these interviews to a degree.

If he said that out loud, it wouldn't be hypocritical - it would be a plea for help.  Anyway, that's what I heard in his comments.
This is quite a stretch from a coach complaining about two specific calls/one specific player after one game. The only larger trend he even mentioned was refs being "partial to little guys."

Kerr and the Warriors whine a lot about the refs (and the Rockets whine far more). Someone asked if Kerr had complained to the refs after Warriors playoff losses this year, and it turned out that he had even though they've only lost twice in the playoffs this year.  That's kinda funny. Let's all just have a laugh about it and move on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread