What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread: Toronto Raptors win NBA title #1.33 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Houston sucks. Harden choked in crunch time, again. Warriors were totally beatable tonight and you brought your C game.
Part of what made the Spurs all-time winners was their collective mental strength.  When they had their hearts ripped out by the Heat (Ray Allen's miracle 3) and lost in the Finals they came right back and got another chip the following season.  Does anybody think this Rockets team can do that next season?  I sure don't.

Lakers' fans have to be pumped to see Lebron cheering on GS:

LeBron James✔@KingJames

NEVER underestimate the heart of a Champion

didn't think it could happen, but am honestly starting to feel bad for Lakers' fans

What all all time fart job by Houston. Harden and Paul just disappear in big moments every year.  Gerald ####### Green took a contested shot with 30 seconds left and it looked like a play designed for him. Gross.

Hardens such a #####.  I hate when players sulk and slink off to the locker room without giving some handshakes.  Grow up a bit
Good posting....also did anybody else notice as he is walking off he takes off whatever he wears on his wrist and just throws it on the ground like “some $10 an hour worker will pick this up later”....

also his press conference should be another epic “please don’t hassle me with questions I’m gonna hide and rub my face for 10 minutes”....but when they win....he will talk all you want

Last edited by a moderator:
What all all time fart job by Houston. Harden and Paul just disappear in big moments every year.  Gerald ####### Green took a contested shot with 30 seconds left and it looked like a play designed for him. Gross.
Remember when you said he was really, really good at basketball.  

Everyone had their panties in a bunch because I criticized Harden for not being a winner.  I don't care if he averages 70 points per game in the regular season.  He's not a guy you want when the games matter most.

The Warriors played 11 players tonight. That has to be a record for a Kerr team in a competitive playoff game. 

For years their slogan has been "Strength in Numbers" which was somewhat of a joke with their starters being so much better than everyone else on the team. The discrepancy reached its peak this year with their weakest bench ever and maybe 1.5 playoff-appropriate players.

Yet for some reason, tonight of all nights, that dumb slogan came true. Mock and curse me all you want, but god I love this team.

Conversely, for some reason, tonight of all nights, their lives on the line and with their best chance yet (probably ever) to slay the beast, the Rockets come up...soft, led by Harden who just had one of the best offensive seasons in NBA history. I'd be so pissed and disgusted if I were a Rockets fan. They just laid down and showed their bellies. 

Better luck next year!
At the same time, if the bench could play this well perhaps Durant doesn't get injured from being overused.  Jordan Bell had 4 pts, 2 blks, 2 reb, 1 asst in 11 min tonight and proved he could be useful vs Houston last year.  Why did it take this long to get him some minutes?  

Remember when you said he was really, really good at basketball.  
I stand by that. 

But man. Just disappeared. If you want Paul to initiate the offense that’s fine but maybe not every single fourth quarter possession. 

Waste of a team. And with KD out the window couldn’t have been more open. 

Lakers' fans have to be pumped to see Lebron cheering on GS:

LeBron James✔@KingJames

NEVER underestimate the heart of a Champion

didn't think it could happen, but am honestly starting to feel bad for Lakers' fans
That quote gets butchered a billion times a year.

I stand by that. 

But man. Just disappeared. If you want Paul to initiate the offense that’s fine but maybe not every single fourth quarter possession. 

Waste of a team. And with KD out the window couldn’t have been more open. 
A guy who has a habit of disappearing in elimination playoff games year after year is not really good at basketball.  Winning championships requires so much more than what Harden is willing to do when it matters most.

Woooooooooooo! Can't believe I'm so hyped over a 2nd round game....but WOOOOOOOOOO!

I know people hate Draymond......but CP3 is 10037x worse. Dude flops even after he hits the floor. Kudos to the refs for not rewarding CP3s crap.

Honestly, we shouldn't be surprised that a team that flops, tries to trick the refs, and that published an audit of the referees missing calls last game 7 (instead of owning that they missed 26 straight 3s) doesn't have the mental toughness to TAKE control of their own destiny. 

I get people are tired of the Dubs, but seriously Houston is a million times more annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread