What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: QB Ryan Finley, Bengals (1 Viewer)

Brian Baldinger @BaldyNFL

.@Bengals @RFin15 with easily the best performance by a rookie QB in this preseason. The ball barely touched the ground in his 39 impressive snaps. #BaldysBreakdowns

This guy is on my dynasty radar. I think Taylor can eventually get this club moving in the right direction offensively when they get healthy. Finley is a cheap acquisition that could even see some time this year if they decide to move on from Dalton.

11 secret stars of the preseason: Week 2 edition

Ryan Finley, QB, Cincinnati Bengals

Finley might end up as the Bengals starting quarterback by Thanksgiving. That isn’t to tear down Andy Dalton, but Cincinnati can get out of the veteran signal caller’s contract with ease after this year and if the Bengals record is as poor as expected, this franchise might want to see what the rookie can do. What Finley has done already is throw the ball with touch, timing and best of all, great accuracy. He isn’t flashy at all and won’t wow the fans, but Finley has a great head for the game and keeps moving the football in the preseason.

One thing I look at most with rookie / young qbs is pocket presence, and specifically how they climb up the pocket to counter the momentum of the pass rush.   Finley does this extremely well already, and actually seems better at it than Dalton (not proclaiming him to be a better qb yet, just at this specific skill set).   I have been impressed thus far.   The only thing we have yet to see out of him (at this level) is his arm strength and deep accuracy.   It's very nice to see him progressing so well, because there were some already writing him off early in camp when they weren't even in full pads yet.  I'd love to see him get some action w/ the ones.  

i noticed he was rated as possible starter in the NFL by PFF last year before the draft. looking for any insights on this kid from someone desperate for a QB this year. anything to see here?

weird, did a search this morning and this thread didn't come up. must have spelled his name wrong when i did it. will delete the other thread.

He had a nice touch on the ball and he might just do well with Green on the end zone fade. I doubt the coaches are starting him out of the blue, they see something in practice they like.

Finley could easily develop into another Cousins (take that as good and bad I guess), but who knows if it happens. 

He wasn't bad in college at all.  Actually pretty good.  What drove me crazy was watching Kelvin Harmon as a prospect and Finley consistently underthrew Harmon.  Other problem I have with him is he was a 5 year starter in college.  25 year old rookie.

Now seeing that Harmon isn't doing much in the NFL, it might be that Finley made Harmon good.  But ball placement was an issue in college, even though he completed a decent % and a good college QBR.  

He wasn't bad in college at all.  Actually pretty good.  What drove me crazy was watching Kelvin Harmon as a prospect and Finley consistently underthrew Harmon.  Other problem I have with him is he was a 5 year starter in college.  25 year old rookie.

Now seeing that Harmon isn't doing much in the NFL, it might be that Finley made Harmon good.  But ball placement was an issue in college, even though he completed a decent % and a good college QBR.  
Funny you mention this.  I watched Kelvin Harmon's highlight film and all I came away with was - "He's lucky his QB is placing the ball perfectly, because he can't get any separation"

So essentially I went in for Harmon but came away a Finley fan.

Finley looks like a shrewd way to lose all the rest of your games. Awful. 

I loved Cecils story about them calling the most obvious audible in history and it got pick 6ed.  

Ryan Finley completed 13-of-31 passes for 115 yards and one pick in Cincinnati's Week 11 loss to the Raiders.

Even with a plethora of backups and rookies on the field, Oakland's defense kept Finley in a constant state of duress as the No. 104 overall pick was sacked four times by fellow rookie Maxx Crosby and another time by mid-week acquisition Dion Jordan. Cincinnati's only touchdown occurred with a short field following Josh Jacobs' (23/112) fumble on the 15-yard line. Finley's four turnovers in first two starts out of the team's bye isn't encouraging for his outlook beyond 2019. The winless Bengals remain the league's best-bet to pick No. 1 overall in April's draft.

Nov 17, 2019, 8:49 PM ET

Woof. 

No arm.

---------------------------------------

Jeaux Goodberry‏Verified account @JoeGoodberry

It's like he's throwing paper airplanes

Dale Martin III @dalemartin156

@JoeGoodberry I knew Finley's arm was weak but, yikes.

3:31 PM - 17 Nov 2019

Ryan Finley completed just 12-of-26 passes for 192 yards and one touchdown in the Bengals' 16-10, Week 12 loss to the Steelers.

Finley wasn't as horrible as he's been in recent weeks, but he still wasn't good in this one, as evidenced by his pitiful 46% completion rate. He's failed to top 200 yards in all three starts since taking over for Andy Dalton. He's completed less than 50% of his throws to this point. Finley still couldn't avoid the turnovers, fumbling twice and losing one while taking four sacks. Finley will be the worst fantasy quarterback option every week he steps on the field, including Week 13 against the Jets.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread