What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

9.27.19 - Poll - % Chance You Think Trump Will Be Removed From Office Over Ukraine Issue (1 Viewer)

What Percent Chance Do You Say Trump Is Removed From Office Over The Ukraine Issue?

• 100% he's removed over this issue

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • 90%

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • 80%

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • 70%

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • 60%

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • 50%

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • 40%

Votes: 17 7.5%
  • 30%

Votes: 21 9.3%
  • 20%

Votes: 27 11.9%
  • 10%

Votes: 43 19.0%
  • 0%

Votes: 75 33.2%

• Total voters
Biff84 said:
I’m in the minority at 60-70% not because the GOP will do the right thing but because they know Trump is a lost cause. They know that he will do something even worse or he’s already done it and it’s bound to come out.

As a Trump re-election looks less likely, I think they will choose to move on sooner than later to get a new candidate on the ticket to try and save their chances in 2020.
This.  I can see it going one of two ways.  

In one scenario, GOP knows they’re cooked because of Trump and for political expediency they race to be the first to repudiate.  We aren’t there yet, but I think it’s close and more disclosures very certainly accelerates momentum we are seeing this week. 10%

In the other scenario, they’re pot committed and no matter how bad it is, they can’t turn on him because they don’t have enough time to rehabilitate their own image (GOP in general, but personally too because they defended him so long).  They’ll say things like “impeachment is bad for the country, let the voters decide in a few months.”  In essence they frame it not as a yeah/nay vote on conviction.  Those in purple districts can even express disdain for his behavior, accept that he’s got no chance for re-election, but maybe they themselves retain the base and look reasonable to moderates in their own personal races.  They will appeal to the “for the good of democracy” argument. 90%

A pundit on right wing WBAL here in Baltimore responded to a question this morning about Republicans' growing unease with Trump's tactics. She admitted that many were concerned that the next Democratic president would feel free to act in the same manner.

So it wasn't that the way Donald operates is wrong and bad for the country, it's only that it sets a precedent that the political opposition could enjoy as well. Nice party.

A pundit on right wing WBAL here in Baltimore responded to a question this morning about Republicans' growing unease with Trump's tactics. She admitted that many were concerned that the next Democratic president would feel free to act in the same manner.

So it wasn't that the way Donald operates is wrong and bad for the country, it's only that it sets a precedent that the political opposition could enjoy as well. Nice party.
This really should be everyone's biggest issue. Legitimate congressional oversight is going to be hand waved as presidential harassment from here forward with 50% of the country buying into it depending on if it is their guy or not. We see the exact same thing with fake news already.

Isn't the new market inefficiency Kamala Harris or whoever calling up Germany or France  or China and saying, "what can you do for me, I'll make it worth your effort?" Although I guess the counter is that Reagan's team probably did that with Iran in the 80s and Nixon probably did it with the Viet Cong, so this is really just a tale as old as time.

This really should be everyone's biggest issue. Legitimate congressional oversight is going to be hand waved as presidential harassment from here forward with 50% of the country buying into it depending on if it is their guy or not. We see the exact same thing with fake news already.

Isn't the new market inefficiency Kamala Harris or whoever calling up Germany or France  or China and saying, "what can you do for me, I'll make it worth your effort?" Although I guess the counter is that Reagan's team probably did that with Iran in the 80s and Nixon probably did it with the Viet Cong, so this is really just a tale as old as time.
Nixon definitely did it, only I think it was with the South Vietnamese government, not the VC. And then lied to LBJ about it when LBJ knew he had done it. It was almost ultimate **** Nixon and yet still barely grazes the lowest rung of the Trumpian bad behavior ladder.

Users who are viewing this thread