What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (2 Viewers)

Shero fired? I don’t understand that one. yeah they underperformed this year but best case scenario was boarderline playoff team.  most of his moves were good. that one is weird. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody check on @Bill Brasky

@DaneMizutani: Some drama even before the game started. Greg Pateryn, who was slotted to play tonight, listed as a scratch and has to leave the bench. Ryan Donato officially "active" and not on the bench. Yikes. #MNWild

@sarah__mclellan: #mnwild limited to five defensemen. We'll see if Donato joins the bench at some point. He didn't take warmup. He skated late this morning with Hunt as scratches.

This an off ice thing? What’s the story there?
No clue.  Mike Kelly also let go so wouldn't expect this to be similar to the Peters/Calgary situation.  Every one seems a bit confused. 

Man I'd love for the Habs to find a way to get him back in the fold.  Can't see MB firing Julien, and really he has nothing to work with anyway,but GG coaching would make the games more entertaining I think.   Edit, thought he spoke French. Guess not. Based on that alone the best we would do would be to hire him back as an Asst. but he'll want/get a HC job somewhere.

Hiring DeBoer seems like a terrible idea.

I wonder if that would spur Yzerman to make a move with the Red Wing connection.  I don't think Yzerman is all that beholden to team ties, but it does seem like a potential match.

So is Holtby traded at deadline or do you take another playoff run with him and let him walk?
I don't see any way a sane man trades him unless the wheels fall off the team in the 2nd half of the season.  The Caps look to be a serious cup contender again this year.  The year we won the cup, Holtby was technically our #2 at the start of the playoffs.  Grubauer struggled, and the brought Holtby in to close out Columbus, and never looked back.  Samsonov is on fire...but he's still a rookie with no playoff experience.  If you're a true cup contender, you don't go into the playoffs with a rookie goalie and trade away a guy who took you to the cup a few years earlier and is still playing at an elite level - even if he is on the last year of his contract and unlikely to be resigned.  

I don't see any way a sane man trades him unless the wheels fall off the team in the 2nd half of the season.  The Caps look to be a serious cup contender again this year.  The year we won the cup, Holtby was technically our #2 at the start of the playoffs.  Grubauer struggled, and the brought Holtby in to close out Columbus, and never looked back.  Samsonov is on fire...but he's still a rookie with no playoff experience.  If you're a true cup contender, you don't go into the playoffs with a rookie goalie and trade away a guy who took you to the cup a few years earlier and is still playing at an elite level - even if he is on the last year of his contract and unlikely to be resigned.  
also, nobody wants to pay much for a rental goalie anymore since Ryan Miller bombed in St Louis.

Can there be a contract that is worse for a team right now than Henriks. I can not believe Georgie is still on this team right now. How long can they carry 3 goalies. What a nightmare. 

Can there be a contract that is worse for a team right now than Henriks. I can not believe Georgie is still on this team right now. How long can they carry 3 goalies. What a nightmare. 
Will be interesting how this shakes out.

Are Davidson/Gorton pushing Henrik into a trade request with the 3 goalie rotation?  I don't think this is the case, and I think Henrik will not waive a NTC.

Is Georgiev going to be traded?  Arguably he has been better than Henrik this year, but what can we get for him?   I've liked what I've seen from him.

Shesterkin - played only 2 games so far, look fine to me, but only 2 games.

My perfect world: Henrik is traded and we keep the two youngsters but I don't think that will happen.

Expansion draft:  Shesterkin doesn't need to be kept, not eligible for the expansion draft, but Georgiev would need to be kept.

Henrik is not going to be traded, no one is going to take him.  He's only under contract for one more year, it's a bitter pill to swallow at that price, but let's face it, he's earned his due.

Shesterkin will be sent back to the AHL.  

Georgiev will stay on the team as they actively try to trade him.  Problem is, Rangers are going to ask for a lot and not many teams are going to pay that price.  I do think he'll get traded this year, but he'll probably be part of a package for an even higher return.  I'm fairly certain the Rangers are 100% sold on Shesterkin the future (although I'd be fine with Georgiev as well), so he'll be back once this settles out.   

When Hajek gets back, the Rangers will have a bit of a log jam at D, so wouldn't surprise me to see them ship one off with Georgiev.

Kreider is also probably going to be need moved.  My favorite current Ranger, but I don't think they'll lock him up long term, and a contender would love to get him for this year and try to sign him up longer term (ala Nash a few years back).

Lias Andersson still in purgatory - wtf knows where this is going, but he needs a change of scenery bad.  

Rangers are on the upswing in my eyes for sure, but a year or two away from really being contender.  Get a few more pieces via trade this year, get some more guys in the pipeline up, and after next year they drop a lot of dead weight in Staal, Smith, 30.

Right now this team is just too uneven.  They played probably their best game of the year against the Isles last time out.  Time before that, Blues were just clearly miles the better team.

Need at least one more true top 6 forward and two more prospects and hope a few of their guys work out and giddy up

Will be interesting how this shakes out.

Are Davidson/Gorton pushing Henrik into a trade request with the 3 goalie rotation?  I don't think this is the case, and I think Henrik will not waive a NTC.

Is Georgiev going to be traded?  Arguably he has been better than Henrik this year, but what can we get for him?   I've liked what I've seen from him.

Shesterkin - played only 2 games so far, look fine to me, but only 2 games.

My perfect world: Henrik is traded and we keep the two youngsters but I don't think that will happen.

Expansion draft:  Shesterkin doesn't need to be kept, not eligible for the expansion draft, but Georgiev would need to be kept.
Igor is the Czar. There is no way the goal is not his next year. I would imagine a 60-40 split between him and Henrik

Georgie is a goner. They need to get the most they can. Unfortunately, the market for goalies is never high

I'm pretty terrible at building trades, but it seems like the Leafs and Rangers would be the perfect partners.  Rangers trade Georgiev and Skjei for Nylander?  Is that just nuts?

And Rangers then flip Kreider and Andersson to someone for a few top prospects and/or draft picks?  I dunno.

NYR: I don't know how this ends but Tony D just gave a FU too Long Island.

Kreider gives one with 24 seconds left.   GG.

Georgiev.    Stud #1

The Lightning are 1-1-0 so far on their road trip out west. Honestly, the most annoying thing about following any east coast team are the 7pm Pacific start times for games. I have stuff to do in the morning, I'm not staying up till almost 1am for a game.

I'm pretty terrible at building trades, but it seems like the Leafs and Rangers would be the perfect partners.  Rangers trade Georgiev and Skjei for Nylander?  Is that just nuts?

And Rangers then flip Kreider and Andersson to someone for a few top prospects and/or draft picks?  I dunno.
Leafs aren’t making that deal. No way. 

Islander immolation as Caps overcome 4-1 second intermission deficit with 5 goals led by Ovie’s second consecutive hat trick. Past Mario and now tied with Stevie Y at #9 on career goals list 

Went to Avs/Blues game today. My first professional NHL game.

Just amazing to be there and see the Avs win in a nailbitter. Pepsi Center was sold out and rocking. 

Being I was unfamiliar with the Pepsi Center I wasn’t quite sure where the tickets were, but wow, were they good. Second Row right in the action, but $575 for three tickets seemed a little steep. 

Can’t wait to go again!! 

Why do they have these gray jerseys for USA/Canada with no identifying characteristics of which country is which? Not even a leaf or a flag. 

Users who are viewing this thread