What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (3 Viewers)

Some interesting early goalie controversies. 

LA - is this even a controversy? Campbell has been better than Quick since the start of last year. 

WASH - Holtby has stretches every year where he looks like poo but he's getting a bit older, Samsonov is the best backup they've had and Holtby is in a contract year. I think because he won a cup they won't screw Holtby over in that contract year and will keep giving him chances to take the net back. Samsonov playing Toronto tonight though. 
LA should do whatever they can to offload Quick to a team that needs another goalie like yesterday. 

Jones is signed through 23-24 :lol:  at 5.75 per

I think LA would ideally go with Campbell/Petersen
Looks like Quick has one less year at $5.8MM so nearly identical cap hits.

I'm just thinking LA has the cap space. Sharks could offer up a sweetener and make this similar to the James Neal/Milan Lucic swap, but maybe Jones is still better than Quick.

16 days and the Rangers finally get their 4th game of the year (some teams have played 8).       1st time Hughes and Kakko on the ice in regular season.      7pm nationally televised on NBCSN.

WSIS for daily fantasy hockey tonight?  Shots 0.9, blocks 1, G 6, A 4, +/- 2, PPP 2

Drouin

Tatar

J Schwartz

Lee

Ehlers

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if I've ever seen a goal like that one given up by Georgiev: off the mask, off the chest, off the top of the pads, between the legs and in. 

Aaron Rudnicki said:
Looks like Quick has one less year at $5.8MM so nearly identical cap hits.

I'm just thinking LA has the cap space. Sharks could offer up a sweetener and make this similar to the James Neal/Milan Lucic swap, but maybe Jones is still better than Quick.
At least Calgary is going to get a third out of that trade hahaha 

So is Tampa going to figure out how to stop anybody with their penalty kill, or is that just not happening? I'm glad they won, but they have to stop giving up PP goals to everybody!

So is Tampa going to figure out how to stop anybody with their penalty kill, or is that just not happening? I'm glad they won, but they have to stop giving up PP goals to everybody!
They don't look right. Maybe better for them in the long run if they have to battle a bit more in the regular season but at the same time, the path to the final is a lot harder for 2nd/3rd in the division than it is for the division winner, despite what happened to them last year. 

They don't look right. Maybe better for them in the long run if they have to battle a bit more in the regular season but at the same time, the path to the final is a lot harder for 2nd/3rd in the division than it is for the division winner, despite what happened to them last year. 
Definitely agree. Having to go Toronto/Boston in rd 1 and 2 is a tough march. I still think they’ll win the division but it will come down to the final games. 

They also played 6/7 on the road to start the year so pretty good start all things considered I guess. 

I was at the game last night. The Bruins have been killing it on the PP, but their problem is lack of secondary scoring and 5v5 success.

Pastrnak, Marchand and Bergeron have combined for 14 of the team's 19 goals in seven games. Half of those 14 goals have been on the PP (8-of-19 overall). DeBrusk, Krejci, Coyle and Kuhlman -- all of whom have spent time in the top six -- have yet to score.

Oh, and they still can't score in a shootout to save their lives.

On the bright side, the new Garden seating is abysmal and I had more problems last night than I have had in the previous-decade plus combined. Including being snipped at by a security supervisor for trying to walk through the same area during intermission where they had been letting people walk directly in front of me the entire first period. And our former aisle seats now are on the complete inside of a row with no access to the ramp directly next to us (glass barriers in front and to our right).

In fairness, we could have said the same thing last season about this time. They need to keep it up all the way through.
In all fairness, this team is so much better than last years team from the several games I've watched this year.  The pp is wickedly quick.  

They're putting together wins, so I can't complain a whole lot, but Boston was 2 for 5 last night. That's bad for anyone, but especially so for a probable Cup contender.
Cooper was very irritated bout giving up the lead in his post game presser. 

Panarin just scored on a beautiful give and go. Zibanejad got it to Panarin around the blue line, who gave it up to Kreider low, back to Panarin in front for the goal.

Both Kreider and Ziba got assists on the play. Didn't that used to get scored where Kreider would get the only assist since Panarin touched it before? Is that a recent change?

Panarin just scored on a beautiful give and go. Zibanejad got it to Panarin around the blue line, who gave it up to Kreider low, back to Panarin in front for the goal.

Both Kreider and Ziba got assists on the play. Didn't that used to get scored where Kreider would get the only assist since Panarin touched it before? Is that a recent change?
no that’s how it’s been scored for as long as I can remember, last two players to touch

Bruins/Leafs -- always a great tilt, and a solid preview of the tears to be spilled in round 1 of the playoffs again this year by all of us Bud Backers.

Tampa's alternate black jerseys are ugly. If you have to have a black jersey, their throwbacks aren't bad. Either that or a gray/silver jersey with blue lettering maybe.

Tampa's alternate black jerseys are ugly. If you have to have a black jersey, their throwbacks aren't bad. Either that or a gray/silver jersey with blue lettering maybe.
I have no idea who has the puck for much of the game - #'s are hard to see when they are moving

ETA: But I know who has the puck for the Avs! - Tyson Jost with a hatty!!!

WTF Hedman and Calvert fighting with 16 seconds left

Vasilevskly with a .739 save % tonight

Avs beat TB 6-2 on the second of a back to back

On to St. Louis

Lightning get blitzed at home, apparently they forgot they had a game tonight. They had better remember to be at Amalie Arena on Wednesday to play Pittsburgh.

To give y’all an idea of how amazing Fleury has been, he played 61 games last year and had a 5.28 saves above replacement. Through nine games so far, he’s at 7.24 already. 

Users who are viewing this thread