What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Dak for Evan Engram? WHIR (1 Viewer)

CheeseFantasy

Footballguy
I'm 4-5 in a 12 team .5 ppr league (7th place). We play 2 flex (not super). I have both Dak and Brees, and I'm curious if you think an upgrade at TE is worth trading Dak. I am also a little thin as far as bench depth goes so that's my other option.

MY TEAM: QB-Brees, Dak...RB-Chubb, Jacobs, Mattison, Edmonds, M Brown...WR-Evans, Lockett, OBJ, Crowder, Robby A...TE-Herndon and Goedert.

Here's my possible offers - assuming you could have any of them, what would you do?: 

• Dak for Evan Engram or Mark Andrews
  • Dak for Tevin Coleman or David Johnson
  • Keep Dak and Brees in case of injury and ride it out as is
Gladly will offer some insight in return. Thanks!

Definitely trade one of the QB's.  They are both done with byes and if they get hurt you should be able to find a streamer if needed.

I would probably do it for Coleman or Engram.  Andrews seems to have tapered off and I wouldn't want to mess with the injury questions of DJ.  Without knowing your starting requirements (how many RB's can you play?), it's tough to choose.  Maybe float both and see if either is accepted.  Let the other owners choose for you.  Sometimes that works out better for you...hahaha

So this is still an ongoing discussion, and there aren't many willing trade partners out there. 

I think I'm also struggling on who I should push to trade, Das or Brees. If I'm looking only at playoff schedule, Brees has 2 of 3 games at home but plays SF defense and at Tenn. However, Das has 2 of the last 3 on the road in cold weather against decent defenses (Chicago). Also at home against the Rams who are solid D. 

I am going after guys like DK Chark and James White, so which guy would you WANT TO KEEP between Dak and Brees? 

I would keep Dak.  Brees scares me due to last year and the Saints changing their philosophy a bit.  Dak is going to keep throwing. 

I am assuming this is a redraft.

I wouldn't take Engram this season. He's been trending in the wrong direction. He's out this week, has a bye next week, definitely lost market share to Tate and has a rookie QB who is decent but not good enough to consistently throw his receivers open. And he has a foot problem so that factors in for his value RoS.

I would, however, consider Brees for Andrews very seriously Andrews seems to be fully recovered, is probably the Ravens best receiving weapon and 3 targets last week definitely looks like an outlier. He's a very consistent 8 target guy.

I prefer Dak to Brees RoS but YMMV.

My poll TIA

Users who are viewing this thread