What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LA Governor race (1 Viewer)

Latest: The Louisiana governor's race is close: John Bel Edwards leads Eddie Rispone by only 509 votes with 53 percent of precincts reporting. now

CandidatePartyVotesPct.

John Bel Edwards*Democrat 489,208 50.0%

Eddie RisponeRepublican 488,699 50.0

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot will ride on Orleans parish, where only 85/351 districts have reported and Edwards has captured 91.5% of the votes

Latest: The Louisiana governor's race is close: Eddie Rispone leads John Bel Edwards by only 8,005 votes with 81 percent of precincts reporting

Trump won Louisiana by 20 points.  Rispone pegged his whole campaign to Trump. 

If I were a Republican candidate in 2020, I would take some notice of this. 

According to some folks I follow on twitter, this may not be as surprising as it seems, however, because Edwards is a very popular Governor.

Is that true? You agree?

According to some folks I follow on twitter, this may not be as surprising as it seems, however, because Edwards is a very popular Governor.

Is that true? You agree?
Fairly, yes.  Primarily because he’s contrasted with Jindal, who was a disaster. 

Fairly, yes.  Primarily because he’s contrasted with Jindal, who was a disaster. 

Not to distract, but Jindal always fascinated me. Has to be one of - if the the - only Ivy League grad, accepted to Harvard Med and Yale Law, Rhodes Scholar who is also a creationist.

Obviously the result does not portend well for the GOP, but it's tough to extend the conclusion to any other individual race.

Popular incumbents have a massive built in advantage.  The key is that the incumbent can't be disliked by a majority.

Obviously the result does not portend well for the GOP, but it's tough to extend the conclusion to any other individual race.

Popular incumbents have a massive built in advantage.  The key is that the incumbent can't be disliked by a majority.
Even so, two Dems in Gov for the next four years has significant implications during this delicate and fractured era of our nations history. 

That said, one did beat an exceptionally unpopular incumbent, and the other was a well liked incumbent. As you mention.

Nice victory by Edwards.  I hope all Democratic candidates are taking notes of his victory.  Edwards is very conservative and definitely in the middle of party values.  This left stuff some other Dems are preaching will not win votes.

Users who are viewing this thread