What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best use of butter (1 Viewer)

You can have only one buttered item, the rest of your life

• Corn

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • Bread/Toast

Votes: 34 33.3%
  • Noodles/Pasta

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Lobster/Shellfish

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Waffles/Pancakes

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Biscuits/Rolls

Votes: 20 19.6%
  • Other Vegetables (not corn or potatoes)

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Baked Potato

Votes: 14 13.7%

• Total voters
I'm torn between Bread/Toast and Biscuits/Rolls...Hmmmm.

ETA Can I choose Bread/Rolls????

Last edited by a moderator:
I love butter on toast and pancakes and waffles.  I love butter on seafood, especially lobster and crab.  I use butter to cook steaks.   I rarely put butter on veggies and never on corn.  Good sweet corn is awesome just plain.  It ruins it. 

I think I'll go pasta.

I don't ever really eat pancakes/waffles, toast/biscuits, or lobster/crab legs. And I don't care too much about butter on a baked potato (don't do mashed potatoes too often either).

But man, some nights, a super simple pasta dish that's mainly just butter and pasta really hits the spot. 

Kerrygold Irish butter FTW. 
like a whole nuther.

i'm Irish, so bread is what i would choose if i could eat no other food (and my body is built by bowl after bowl of my own version of cacio e pepe - pasta, kerrygold, fresh romano & green chile), but i do want to put in a vote for how beautifully butter goes w meat. it's why buffalo wings are so great and a compound pat on a steak or thick, juicy burger makes em soar.

The General said:
Waffles. When the butter collects in the little pockets. 
:drool:

pollardsvision said:
I think I'll go pasta.

But man, some nights, a super simple pasta dish that's mainly just butter and pasta really hits the spot. 
Egg Noodles, as wide as you can find them!!

@pollardsvision - was down in your neck of the woods a couple weeks ago. My sons' HS was at Liberty for a big marching band competition. I will have to ring you up next year when we are down there!  

bryhamm said:
how the F do you not put popcorn on the list?
easy there tough guy. Its the number one thing listed in the pole. You do know popcorn is actually corn, right? I'd even allow corn tortillas and corn pone.

easy there tough guy. Its the number one thing listed in the pole. You do know popcorn is actually corn, right? I'd even allow corn tortillas and corn pone.
Double checking for purposes of my notebook:

popcorn = corn = corn tortilla 

tortilla (assuming flour) = bread   BUT    roll =/= bread

Please clarify your position on corn flakes.  On which side, exactly, are you drawing the line?  For the record, I have never put butter on corn flakes, so maybe it's a mute point.  Also, where do you stand corn bread?  I love me some butter on hot corn bread!.

Double checking for purposes of my notebook:

popcorn = corn = corn tortilla 

tortilla (assuming flour) = bread   BUT    roll =/= bread

Please clarify your position on corn flakes.  On which side, exactly, are you drawing the line?  For the record, I have never put butter on corn flakes, so maybe it's a mute point.  Also, where do you stand corn bread?  I love me some butter on hot corn bread!.
I broke up the flour group to maintain competitive balance. As it is they rank #1 and #2. Technically, pasta and pancakes would also fall into the flour group and then there is no use for the poll.  

For you Kerrygold lovers: I used Kerrygold for several years.  Thought it was great, still like it, BUT, ALDI now sells Countryside Creamery Pure Irish Butter, made from milk from grass fed cows, and it tastes significantly better.  Wife agrees, and even says it reminds her of the butter her grandparents made when she was a girl. (we're old).

And I'm a person who would do, and did, a side by side comparison.  Apparently butter is important to me.  Hmmm...

I voted bread/toast, and assume that will allow me to have grilled cheese, but yeah, even if i can't.

I went baked potato and am having serious buyer's remorse over bread and lobster.

Great pole.

Possibly great sub-pole:

Best use of salt in a mulled/cooked/churned/brewed product:

Salted butter? 

Corn gets you corn on the cob and popcorn, easy winner IMO.  Might even be able to get cornbread included on a technicality 

The grilled cheese call is a great one and my pick over everything in the poll. Of those there, biscuits, followed closely by lobster/crab. I try to pick my spots with it. I don't eat it that often. My parents only use the yogurt substitute so I get that when I visit them. That's not too bad if you can't eat butter.

The grilled cheese call is a great one and my pick over everything in the poll. Of those there, biscuits, followed closely by lobster/crab. I try to pick my spots with it. I don't eat it that often. My parents only use the yogurt substitute so I get that when I visit them. That's not too bad if you can't eat butter.
Mayonnaise is an easy substitute for butter here

Users who are viewing this thread