Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dang CNN

GROOT

4 hours ago, Stealthycat said:

I hope it sends a huge message to media to not continue the trend of misleading reporting like that - I hope he got hundreds of millions from that

Hundreds of millions??

11 hours ago, Zow said:

Hundreds of millions??

Like I said, misleading headline. The $275M number was something his lawyers threw out there to get media attention. They knew they would never get anything close to that. And the Examiner's headline stating that CNN "settled a $275M lawsuit" implies that was what they settled for.

Whatever the number is, my guess is that it's closer to court costs than it is $275M. In fact, I'll tell you what: if it turns out he actually got that much, I will personally pay everyone reading this post the same amount*

* Offer not valid to residents of Florida, Arizona and Planet Earth.

3 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Being a lawyer, do you have an educated guess to what he received?

I don't.  I don't have any idea what came out in initial disclosures, discovery, etc. and haven't really followed the pleadings.  But I'd be surprised if he received a lot of money.

Here's the opinion when WaPo filed its Motion to Dismiss.  It isn't the sort of opinion that would make me call my client and celebrate.  By the same token, it's a different case and CNN's was denied.