Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread


Recommended Posts

https://www.abc10.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/vaccine/vaccine-question-how-long-to-wait/103-b22ae306-8acd-4201-8258-695760277473

 

 CDC recommends waiting 90 days to get the COVID-19 vaccine if a person recovered from a COVID-19 infection and was treated with monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma.

 

The CDC said people who tested positive, having only mild symptoms, and were not treated for the coronavirus should wait until their doctor-recommended isolation period is over before getting the vaccine.

Edited by Dezbelief
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 52.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • shader

    2388

  • Doug B

    2299

  • parasaurolophus

    1420

  • Terminalxylem

    1216

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dad has been sick for a few weeks.  My mom called me today to say he was about to die.  I said some final words to him and he could hear me but was unable to respond.  He passed a short time later.

Not to derail anything, but we had our baby last night! She's doing amazingly well. Due to the hospital's pandemic policies, I had to leave her right after my wife was released from recovery. I can't

On a positive note, my wife gave birth to our first child this morning!! We were expecting our daughter to be born in the first week of April, which does not align very well if this hospital sees a ma

Pennsylvania is a total cluster unless you work for a hospital network. Wife is a teacher and diabetic, can't find any where to get the vaccine. School is contracted with one network but not scheduling yet because being a teacher alone is group 1B even though she is eligible now by being diabetic. Another local hospital network is only doing 75 and older not the states new 65 and older and other conditions because they don't have enough vaccine. Wife's co worker who doesn't really meet any group 1A criteria was able to get an appointment, got her shot and asked about scheduling shot two. She was told they will call because they don't know when/if they will get second doses. Co worker of mine has a child with Rhett so their family was able to get vaccinated. Her husband got an appointment online without filling out any reason why he was eligible, went and got the shot and was never asked how he was eligible.  That health systems website crashed for over a day with people trying to get in.Wolfe was already hated by the rural areas for his shutdown measures now the chance to make up for that and they are totally dropping the ball compared to neighboring states at least from what is being reported in the media. I figure June or July I might be able to get mine as group 1C. Or maybe I'll go buy some cigars and get in as a smoker in 1A.

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 3 hour lunch said:

Sorry to hear this, These younger deaths are scary. Any underlying Conditions you know of?

He was a social smoker (when he drank) but nothing else I knew of.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SwampDawg said:

Pennsylvania is a total cluster unless you work for a hospital network. Wife is a teacher and diabetic, can't find any where to get the vaccine. School is contracted with one network but not scheduling yet because being a teacher alone is group 1B even though she is eligible now by being diabetic. Another local hospital network is only doing 75 and older not the states new 65 and older and other conditions because they don't have enough vaccine. Wife's co worker who doesn't really meet any group 1A criteria was able to get an appointment, got her shot and asked about scheduling shot two. She was told they will call because they don't know when/if they will get second doses. Co worker of mine has a child with Rhett so their family was able to get vaccinated. Her husband got an appointment online without filling out any reason why he was eligible, went and got the shot and was never asked how he was eligible.  That health systems website crashed for over a day with people trying to get in.Wolfe was already hated by the rural areas for his shutdown measures now the chance to make up for that and they are totally dropping the ball compared to neighboring states at least from what is being reported in the media. I figure June or July I might be able to get mine as group 1C. Or maybe I'll go buy some cigars and get in as a smoker in 1A.

They are just pushing it out as fast as possible, which is the right idea. Unfortunately, it also means that people with no moral compass will be able to weasel their way ahead of other deserving people. Its a big project and won't be perfect by any stretch. Burying it with additional red-tape is not the answer though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Penguin said:

Had a good buddy pass yesterday from a COVID related issue, he was 42. Nicest guy I've ever known. 😪

So sorry for your loss. I have a friend the same age who is a bit overweight and diabetic who is having a rough go with it right now. He just got out of the hospital but still is a long way from recovered. Extremely sobering and a stark reminder of how important it is that we get these vaccinations rolling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, E-Z Glider said:

They are just pushing it out as fast as possible, which is the right idea. Unfortunately, it also means that people with no moral compass will be able to weasel their way ahead of other deserving people. Its a big project and won't be perfect by any stretch. Burying it with additional red-tape is not the answer though.

Not saying we need more red tape but at least asking the question how you qualify seems reasonable. Also it seems that aome states are doing a way better job then PA which is trailed only by Alabama for the smallest percentage of it's shots in peoples arms. I mean West Virgina while a much smaller count has managed to get 81% of their doses into arms and almost 10% of people have gotten one dose. PA is at 45% of doses into arms and 5.4% of people with one dose. The hospital networks say they can do more but can't get the doses yet as of today if you believe the numbers from the NY times there are over a million doses distributed to PA that aren't accounted for as being given.

Edited by SwampDawg
Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife is freaked out thinking she has covid because she feels a little tired/achy today.  We have not gone anywhere and been especially careful.  But this past weekend, someone from AAA was at my house due to a car issue and he only had on a gaiter thing that kept falling below his nose and was inside the car.  So she thinks he gave her covid. . . . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SwampDawg said:

Not saying we need more red tape but at least asking the question how you qualify seems reasonable. Also it seems that aome states are doing a way better job then PA which is trailed only by Alabama for the smallest percentage of it's shots in peoples arms. I mean West Virgina while a much smaller count has managed to get 81% of their doses into arms and almost 10% of people have gotten one dose. PA is at 45% of doses into arms and 5.4% of people with one dose. The hospital networks say they can do more but can't get the doses yet as of today if you believe the numbers from the NY times there are over a million doses distributed to PA that aren't accounted for as being given.

I dont believe anyone is intentionally fudging the numbers, but I also dont believe they are "real-time accurate" either. PA did a fine job at handling COVID, so not sure why we'd suddenly be terrible at giving vaccinations? Im sure there are anecdotal horror stories from every state. Be patient. Sign up when its your turn. Not much else you can/should do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SwampDawg said:

Not saying we need more red tape but at least asking the question how you qualify seems reasonable. Also it seems that aome states are doing a way better job then PA which is trailed only by Alabama for the smallest percentage of it's shots in peoples arms. I mean West Virgina while a much smaller count has managed to get 81% of their doses into arms and almost 10% of people have gotten one dose. PA is at 45% of doses into arms and 5.4% of people with one dose. The hospital networks say they can do more but can't get the doses yet as of today if you believe the numbers from the NY times there are over a million doses distributed to PA that aren't accounted for as being given.

There was a major glitch at Chester County Hospital this week.  They are only vaccinating healthcare workers still due to supply, despite the new 1A guidance.  Well a link to make appointments got shared widely, and over 1000 people made appointments for next week.  They all were canceled.  I get it, but I also understand from a doctor working at that hospital, that they are throwing away vaccine daily and haven't come up with a plan to distribute those ---  seems like they just missed a big opportunity to do so with this obvious demand . . . .

Link to post
Share on other sites

STAT News: Novavax says its Covid-19 vaccine is 90% effective, but far less so against one variant

Quote

It’s unclear whether these data will be enough for U.S. approval, or if the U.S. will wait for further data, as it appears to be doing with vaccines developed by AstraZeneca and Oxford University. Novavax said it will discuss the findings with the U.K. regulators but made no mention of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Operation Warp Speed, the U.S. government’s vaccine incubator, is running its own large U.S. trial of the Novavax vaccine.

tl;dr: Novavax says its Covid-19 vaccine (also a 2-dose shot) is 90% effective in preliminary results from a key clinical trial in the United Kingdom (15K people trial), but far less so (only 49%) against the South African variant in a separate S.A. trial (4.4K people). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

and in non-shocking news...South African variant has confirmed arrival in the States:

South Carolina identifies the first U.S. cases of coronavirus variant first seen in South Africa

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nathan R. Jessep said:

STAT News: Novavax says its Covid-19 vaccine is 90% effective, but far less so against one variant

tl;dr: Novavax says its Covid-19 vaccine (also a 2-dose shot) is 90% effective in preliminary results from a key clinical trial in the United Kingdom (15K people trial), but far less so (only 49%) against the South African variant in a separate S.A. trial (4.4K people). 

I'm really concerned that the Pfizer & Moderna vaccines in their current form will also be much less effective against the SA variant

Edited by Penguin
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Penguin said:

I'm really concerned that the Pfizer & Moderna vaccines in their current form will also be much less effective against the SA variant

Yeah, I really feel like a third "booster" shot will be needed eventually. Just hoping the current vaccines will thwart spread enough that ANOTHER US-unique super-spreading variant won't evolve. 🍀

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Penguin said:

I'm really concerned that the Pfizer & Moderna vaccines in their current form will also be much less effective against the SA variant

Results of an early lab study out today seems positive, but should know more in two weeks. Either way, the mRNA platform is well suited to quickly adapt if necessary. Novavax is a protien subunit vaccine, and I don't really know much about it or how adaptable that is. I do know that they don't require deep freezing but take longer to make. My guess is that Novavax will help fill the need of lower income countries, and maybe rural US, and a majority of the US supply will stick with mRNA for efficacy and adaptability. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-pfizer-vaccine-idUSKBN29W31M

https://www.wsj.com/articles/pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-works-against-mutations-found-in-u-k-south-africa-variants-lab-study-finds-11611802559

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, ericttspikes said:

The question I have about the South African variant is why isn't South Africa being decimated like the US is? In fact, South African cases are coming down rapidly. Weird.

You've asked a dammed good question.

I know I have nothing approaching any real answers about stuff like this. That said: one thing COVID-19 has been consistent about over the past year is defying the expectations set upon it by the general non-science press.

Strains/variants have existed since Day One. Splitting off into multiple strains was spoken of a lot during those early months, when China and then Italy were the world's COVID epicenters. Then the U.S. got in the barrel, and somewhere along the line the general press didn't report very much anymore on new strains, mutations, or any of that. And then after that ... since around Thanksgiving, it's been a non-stop barrage of alarms about "new strains!" and "variants!" -- and they all "transmit more effectively" and they're always "unsure if vaccines will still work against them".

I'm more than happy to follow the science where it leads ... but sheesh -- can the general press let the science take at least steps down the path before playing the Aliens "Game Over!" card?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Doug B said:

You've asked a dammed good question.

I know I have nothing approaching any real answers about stuff like this. That said: one thing COVID-19 has been consistent about over the past year is defying the expectations set upon it by the general non-science press.

Strains/variants have existed since Day One. Splitting off into multiple strains was spoken of a lot during those early months, when China and then Italy were the world's COVID epicenters. Then the U.S. got in the barrel, and somewhere along the line the general press didn't report very much anymore on new strains, mutations, or any of that. And then after that ... since around Thanksgiving, it's been a non-stop barrage of alarms about "new strains!" and "variants!" -- and they all "transmit more effectively" and they're always "unsure if vaccines will still work against them".

I'm more than happy to follow the science where it leads ... but sheesh -- can the general press let the science take at least steps down the path before playing the Aliens "Game Over!" card?

Thanks. It seems that the panic press about the South African strain started when Cape Town experienced a second wave in late December, but they seemed to reach their peak a few days later and has gone down significantly since then. 21,000 a day to 7,000 a day, well below their Summer peak. Yet Fauci today is very concerned about it. I guess maybe there are some weird unknown biological things in play, but I'd still expect the arrow on case counts in South Africa to be pointing up based on the panic press about it in the last few weeks. Just seems that rational science based guys like Fauci are pulling alarm bells without really knowing the answers, which in a way undermines the current vaccine effort by spreading fear. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Doug B said:

You've asked a dammed good question.

I know I have nothing approaching any real answers about stuff like this. That said: one thing COVID-19 has been consistent about over the past year is defying the expectations set upon it by the general non-science press.

Strains/variants have existed since Day One. Splitting off into multiple strains was spoken of a lot during those early months, when China and then Italy were the world's COVID epicenters. Then the U.S. got in the barrel, and somewhere along the line the general press didn't report very much anymore on new strains, mutations, or any of that. And then after that ... since around Thanksgiving, it's been a non-stop barrage of alarms about "new strains!" and "variants!" -- and they all "transmit more effectively" and they're always "unsure if vaccines will still work against them".

I'm more than happy to follow the science where it leads ... but sheesh -- can the general press let the science take at least steps down the path before playing the Aliens "Game Over!" card?

This is a daily fight with my wife. The news said.... The white house said.... This news said....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PinkydaPimp said:

dumb question.  if im getting the moderna vaccine tomorrow(29th) and my second dose is scheduled for feb 26th, is that an issue?  i heard it needs to be a 30 days apart.

4 weeks, 28 days

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did a COVID shot clinic at the retirement community near me. Extremely rewarding experience but the stories I heard were heartbreaking. I’d guess that it was close to half who told me that they knew a close friend who passed away from it. Several had lost their spouse. At the end of the day I was talking to some of younger staff (50s) and they told me more stories of staff members they lost. The worse story was a New Years Eve party attended by 6 couples. Everyone got COVID, 6 people died, 2 are in the ICU and the ones that are at home are in bad shape. It’s got me trying to figure out how I can help them even more.

  • Love 1
  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Willy said:

J&J vaccine results this morning.  Looks more like the AstraZeneca one than the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines, which I think everyone expected. 

 

Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 vaccine is 66% effective in global trial, but 85% effective against severe disease, company says

All in on J&J - one shot done.  Sign me up

They were only shooting for 70-80% anyway

Edited by belljr
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Willy said:

J&J vaccine results this morning.  Looks more like the AstraZeneca one than the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines, which I think everyone expected. 

 

Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 vaccine is 66% effective in global trial, but 85% effective against severe disease, company says

Sounds like this would be considered a good vaccine if we were not comparing it to the other 2 vaccines.  Maybe younger less susceptible people could get this vaccine and others could take the mRNA vaccines for greater protection.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Willy said:

J&J vaccine results this morning.  Looks more like the AstraZeneca one than the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines, which I think everyone expected. 

 

Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 vaccine is 66% effective in global trial, but 85% effective against severe disease, company says

And 100% effective against hospitalization and death, and seems to be effective against the new strains.  Fantastic news!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, themeanmachine said:

And 100% effective against hospitalization and death, and seems to be effective against the new strains.  Fantastic news!

And every news headline I am reading buried this news. So frustrating. I swear these ghouls want to keep covid going for the few clicks. 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also of note, the J&J trials included trials in South Africa

Quote

"The level of protection against moderate and severe COVID-19 infection was 72% in the US, 66% in Latin America and 57% in South Africa, 28 days post-vaccination."

That's some indication that this vaccine is less effective against SA variant, but they are still effective, so that's good.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

From a Bloomberg article on the J&J vaccine:

Quote

Based on the result, J&J plans to file for an emergency-use authorization in the U.S. next week. The drug giant’s top scientist said this month that he expects a clearance in March, and that it would have product ready to ship then. 

March?? I'm sure there's a lot of data analysis that needs to be done to validate safety and effectiveness for emergency use authorization. Is it not possible to work nights and weekends and get this done in 2 weeks?  Every day matters here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, themeanmachine said:

From a Bloomberg article on the J&J vaccine:

March?? I'm sure there's a lot of data analysis that needs to be done to validate safety and effectiveness for emergency use authorization. Is it not possible to work nights and weekends and get this done in 2 weeks?  Every day matters here.

Yeah I dont get it. The others got approved much quicker.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A new daily high in U.S. vaccines yesterday with 1.7 million administered.  There is still chaos, but in comparison to the rest of the world, we are doing quite well. Demand will continue to outstrip supply, so continued angst is likely.

Did anyone post this?  Forgive me if it was mentioned.  Hard data from Israel on vaccines and their effectiveness so far. https://spinstrangenesscharm.wordpress.com/2021/01/28/covid19-breaking-news-january-28-2021-first-preliminary-data-on-effectiveness-of-israeli-vaccination-campaign/

Worrierqueen had no further complications from initial dose.  Mild headache immediately afterward and then arm and upper chest pain for 24-hours.  She's 100% fine this morning.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife finally got her second dose of Pfizer vaccine today.  She had an appointment a couple weeks ago, but missed it and wasn't sure she'd even get the 2nd dose due to a late rash that started over a week after the 1st dose.  That cleared up.  Doctors said she can get the 2nd dose still.  It was 38 days since the first dose.

PSA:   CDC says it's OK to get your 2nd dose of either Pfizer/Moderna vaccine up to 42 days after the first.  Life happens and you may miss that second dose, just go get it as soon as you can before day 42 and you should be fine.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Capella said:

And every news headline I am reading buried this news. So frustrating. I swear these ghouls want to keep covid going for the few clicks

Yep. Was listening to CNN news on the radio this morning ... more "variants!" scaremongering. There was a medical guest on who was speaking equivocally with a "we need to learn more" stance. Just seems that the popular media will take researchers' general hesitancy to make a firm call as allowing enough room to push one narrative or another.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Doug B said:
1 hour ago, Capella said:

And every news headline I am reading buried this news. So frustrating. I swear these ghouls want to keep covid going for the few clicks

Yep. Was listening to CNN news on the radio this morning ... more "variants!" scaremongering. There was a medical guest on who was speaking equivocally with a "we need to learn more" stance. Just seems that the popular media will take researchers' general hesitancy to make a firm call as allowing enough room to push one narrative or another.

 

It's the old:  The glass is half full/empty thing.  Why quibble, It's actually both.  

However the media want's to tell you there's a chip on the rim and you're going to get a cut and bleed to death.  That get's clicks

 

Edited by Willy
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Capella said:

And every news headline I am reading buried this news. So frustrating. I swear these ghouls want to keep covid going for the few clicks. 

NY Post headline: "Johnson & Johnson vaccine comes up just short"

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jobarules said:

Yeah I dont get it. The others got approved much quicker.

For what its worth - that March date in that article is from a quote the guy gave 1/13  so timieline still not definite

 

Also - fwiw - i have some small insider knowledge but not 100% in the know

Edited by belljr
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doug B said:

Yep. Was listening to CNN news on the radio this morning ... more "variants!" scaremongering. There was a medical guest on who was speaking equivocally with a "we need to learn more" stance. Just seems that the popular media will take researchers' general hesitancy to make a firm call as allowing enough room to push one narrative or another.

This, and also I'm noticing more and more stories along the lines of "Just because everybody gets vaccinated doesn't mean things will go back to normal" which at this point is just empty scare-mongering for clicks.  Good news apparently doesn't sell as well as bad news.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2021 at 11:53 PM, [icon] said:

Cancer drug 27.5 times more effective antiviral than remdesivir vs COVID including SA Strain. 

"In addition, in two preclinical models of COVID-19, plitidepsin showed a 100-fold reduction in viral replication in the lungs and demonstrated an ability to reduce lung inflammation."

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2021/01/419686/cancer-drug-shows-potent-activity-lab-against-sars-cov-2-including-b117-variant

Another article on the same topic:

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/research/cancer-drug-extracted-from-sea-squirt-better-inhibits-covid-19-than-remdesivir-lab?fbclid=IwAR3JAS1grtaOf77dUSd6rhwicViP6P_-oUe4VLf9ffVrjU1-CcwK5CtjzqI

I'm going to take a second to brag....the sea squirt model they are using is the one my wife spent 7 years creating at Winthrop University in conjunction with the guys in California.  As part of that journey, I got to go to Cali and help harvest the sea squirts they use in that research.  I can't explain how freakin' cool it is to see something my wife worked on several years ago being a piece of the puzzle used to research the different ways we might be able to combat this virus.  I'm pretty proud of Mrs Commish today. :wub: 

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

This, and also I'm noticing more and more stories along the lines of "Just because everybody gets vaccinated doesn't mean things will go back to normal" which at this point is just empty scare-mongering for clicks.  Good news apparently doesn't sell as well as bad news.

Well, not that there's not a lot of encouraging news, there certainly is; however, we are far from out of the woods yet. We are racing variants with higher contagiousness, complete lack of a vaccine rollout plan, possible supply shortages and in-fighting, to name a few challenges. Certain media outlets definitely sensationalize for clicks, but I don't think it's all scare-mongering either. Some of the information coming out is just not trending in the direction of good. IDK. Just MHO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

My wife is freaked out thinking she has covid because she feels a little tired/achy today.  We have not gone anywhere and been especially careful.  But this past weekend, someone from AAA was at my house due to a car issue and he only had on a gaiter thing that kept falling below his nose and was inside the car.  So she thinks he gave her covid. . . . 

My wife has had COVID at least 12-15 times over the past 10 months. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nathan R. Jessep said:

Well, not that there's not a lot of encouraging news, there certainly is; however, we are far from out of the woods yet. We are racing variants with higher contagiousness, complete lack of a vaccine rollout plan, possible supply shortages and in-fighting, to name a few challenges. Certain media outlets definitely sensationalize for clicks, but I don't think it's all scare-mongering either. Some of the information coming out is just not trending in the direction of good. IDK. Just MHO. 

I think the news has been excellent. These vaccines are out way faster than we could have imagined, they are WAY better than even people like Fauci thought they would be and deaths/hospitalizations are trending down. Sure, the rollout has sucked but that administration is gone now and hopefully it gets smoother fast. If you would have told me any of this last June I would have been giddy. 
 

Journalism now is sensationalism. I have a journalism degree. I grew up devouring newspapers every day. But now they often bury the most important news into the story to get clicks on their website. It sucks, but it’s the way it is. 

Edited by Capella
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Capella said:

I think the news has been excellent. These vaccines are out way faster than we could have imagined, they are WAY better than even people like Fauci thought they would be and deaths/hospitalizations are trending down. Sure, the rollout has sucked but that administration is gone now and hopefully it gets smoother fast. If you would have told me any of this last June I would have been giddy. 
 

Journalism now is sensationalism. I have a journalism degree. I grew up devouring newspapers every day. But now they often bury the most important news into the story to get clicks on their website. It sucks, but it’s the way it is. 

I'm hopeful also, but we aren't there just yet. Just looking at local rollout (and statewide), they haven't even announced yet when they will open the next (and bigger) tier of those who can get vaccinated. 

And definitely agree with the latter. My point was just that sometimes beneath the "scare" headlines there is actually some reason for concern. Not panic necessarily, but concern. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nathan R. Jessep said:

I'm hopeful also, but we aren't there just yet. Just looking at local rollout (and statewide), they haven't even announced yet when they will open the next (and bigger) tier of those who can get vaccinated. 

And definitely agree with the latter. My point was just that sometimes beneath the "scare" headlines there is actually some reason for concern. Not panic necessarily, but concern. 

Right, definitely not there yet but I think we are on a clear path to getting there. A while back I didn’t see that happening at all anytime soon. 

Edited by Capella
Link to post
Share on other sites

Novavax also released early vaccine trial results.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/novavax-covid-vaccine-trial-data-variants/

 

I don't understand the SA variant results much.  That trial included 30% of people who previously had covid,(why the heck??) and apparently include a load of people who have HIV - so they parsed out those results to make it look better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Doctor's Farmacy - Vaccine Podcast

 

This podcast is very informative.  Short version -- get the vaccine, but we are still wearing a mask for a LONG time.  Ain't no 2019 normal to go back to.

Clifford’s Notes?  Is this more due to those not getting vaccinated, the vaccines not being “good enough” or something else?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...