What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (15 Viewers)

Parrothead said:
so now the PA governor just said he will not follow CDC 'no mask required' guideline until the state hits 70% vaccinated,  which will never happen.. ironically enough, it will be Philadelphia that will prevent it, because the city is only about 40% fully vaccinated.....   this is going to be a cluster :wall:
What are you talking about?  

Pennsylvania is adopting the CDC’s newly relaxed mask-wearing guidelines, meaning fully vaccinated people don’t have to wear masks in most places.

-fish- said:
identikit said:
I fear Washington state will be at least this resistant, if not worse.
Inslee is quite the control freak.
Washington full open June 30 or earlier if 70% of people 16 and older have initiated first vaccination.  Currently at 57%.

I'm going to start wearing my vaccination cards around my neck like a lanyard.

Or just get some numerical marker on my hands and forehead.  :devil:

My oldest will be 12 in August. Second oldest is 10.

We live in CT and we have a high vaccination rate (yay), but we have to travel to VA (Wedding) at the end of the month and Ohio (re-affirmation ceremony) in early August (before oldest's b'day). This "everything is back to normal" #### is pissing me off. Can we at least wait until all citizens can opt for the vaccine?

Guess the Yankees having 8 positive cases in vaccinated folks isn’t a great sign for the J&J vaccine though it was much less effective at preventing infection. I guess as long as it’s protecting against serious illness that’s still good but it doesn’t seem to be blocking transmission in those who get it. Glad I got the Pfizer vaccine.

The one player that got covid, got the vaccine and now has tested positive again really seems to have an immune system that isn’t good at figuring out how to prevent infection.

Parrothead said:
so now the PA governor just said he will not follow CDC 'no mask required' guideline until the state hits 70% vaccinated,  which will never happen.. ironically enough, it will be Philadelphia that will prevent it, because the city is only about 40% fully vaccinated.....   this is going to be a cluster :wall:
Follow the science until you don't agree with it

Parrothead said:
But Philly is going to be fully opened, including full capacity Phillies (and I think Sixers too?) effective June 11.  Chester County is already close to 70% I think.  Philly should be over 50% soon.

Parrothead said:
Follow the science until you don't agree with it
You prefer a more liberal approach?

jobarules said:
Im thinking its more the latter. My wife refuses the get vaccinated. Weve had numerous arguments about it. I basically told her she's an idiot and Im gonna create a Tinder profile to be prepared. After this news she just said she wont be wearing a mask anymore without the vaccine.
Not sure I could be married to somebody who wouldn’t take the vaccine. That’s rough. 

It's like we didn't understand the virus and things changed.  I guess we're not allowed to give anyone the benefit of the doubt, or allow thoughts to change

It could be worse. WV just announced that the mask mandate will be lifted when we hit 60% vaccinated or on June 15th, whichever comes first. Hint: It sure as #### won’t be 60%.

You do whatever is best for you, I don’t know you at all. I’m just saying personally that would bother me a lot. 
My wife is unfortunately anti-vax.  I did convince  her to get shot 1, but she won’t get the 2nd one.  It’s caused some arguments and I keep telling her this is going to cause us some unexpected inconvenience down the road, but at this point im not expecting anything to change 

My 12 year old called her a Facebook Scientist yesterday, that was a literal LOL moment 

My wife is unfortunately anti-vax.  I did convince  her to get shot 1, but she won’t get the 2nd one.  It’s caused some arguments and I keep telling her this is going to cause us some unexpected inconvenience down the road, but at this point im not expecting anything to change 

My 12 year old called her a Facebook Scientist yesterday, that was a literal LOL moment 
This makes less sense than getting neither.  

In the span of days you've got Fauci going from masks may be needed for another year and the CDC touting the need for masks OUTSIDE to in the blink of an eye - ditch masks entirely! Sure, it's with the stipulation that you should be vaccinated but they know that no one can be asked for proof. Lol at the notion that the CDC is comfortable with the honor system. Even the teacher's union is suddenly saying we have to get the kids back 5 days a week in person. Something stinks here but I'm not complaining.

jamny said:
Thankfully it seems to be improving for me but yes, the things affected all smelled the same and judging by the descriptions, people may be experiencing almost the same smell. In my reading, when someone says it smells like covid, I think I know what they are referring to. But it isn't just restricted to covid as some people have had the condition for years after having a brain injury or even just a sinus infection. Most seem to recover after covid but some haven't even a year or more in. It really is a horrible thing and I hope my improvement continues. I've read plenty of people saying they thought they were well on their way to recovering before having an even worse relapse.
I spoke with my friend that's, along with her daughter, been experiencing the parosmia symptoms. They had Covid last fall. Parosmia started 3 months AFTER that and has lasted for 4 months so far. They can't eat most foods without it making them nauseous. Can't wear perfume. Can't cook food or even make coffee inside. Husband has to do all that on the back patio bc the smells make them sick. Basically all they've found that they can eat so far is sushi (oddly enough) and lo mein noodles. And sugar cookie dough. One other person chimed in on a FB post of hers and stated that theirs started SIX MONTHS post-Covid and they can no longer drink coffee. 

I spoke with my friend that's, along with her daughter, been experiencing the parosmia symptoms. They had Covid last fall. Parosmia started 3 months AFTER that and has lasted for 4 months so far. They can't eat most foods without it making them nauseous. Can't wear perfume. Can't cook food or even make coffee inside. Husband has to do all that on the back patio bc the smells make them sick. Basically all they've found that they can eat so far is sushi (oddly enough) and lo mein noodles. And sugar cookie dough. One other person chimed in on a FB post of hers and stated that theirs started SIX MONTHS post-Covid and they can no longer drink coffee. 
Anybody know if Covid vaccines can be reversed?

Honestly at this point just end all restrictions 

If you’re vaccinated, great

if you’re not, you’re probably not going to anyway 

If you still want to wear a mask, great

if you don’t, fine, don’t wear one 

Yup. That's why I consider myself very fortunate so far but remain cautious about things getting worse. From all the research I've been doing, it does seem to pass for the majority of people. One thing I've read that has been successful is to try and power through it, even if it is very hard to do. Just take a bite or two each time. There's no way you'll finish a meal that tastes like it but by just taking a little at a time, some people say it has helped them. I actually go around the house smelling everything I can to keep track that it isn't getting worse.

In the span of days you've got Fauci going from masks may be needed for another year and the CDC touting the need for masks OUTSIDE to in the blink of an eye - ditch masks entirely! Sure, it's with the stipulation that you should be vaccinated but they know that no one can be asked for proof. Lol at the notion that the CDC is comfortable with the honor system. Even the teacher's union is suddenly saying we have to get the kids back 5 days a week in person. Something stinks here but I'm not complaining.
It makes some sense.  Two weeks ago India was exploding.  It wasn't clear if it was a variant we would have problems with. Now that it isn't and there aren't any variants on the horizon we can just say yolo.

The problem I see here is there is no stick for the anti-vax.  If you say now everyone go around without a mask the anti-vax don't get the (limited) protection they bring and you will drive more people into larger events.  

This might serve as motivation for those that are hesitant, but were leaning on public to protect them in some way.  Either way I think you expect a spike out of this from the anti-vax crowd and that should push a new wave of people getting shots that were lazy/conservative. 

My wife's best friend has two little girls.  11 and 13 or so.  The whole family got COVID last May.

Mom was in the hospital for six days, but not in ICU, dad got sick at home.  Mom now has a chronic lung condition that will shorten her life (on average). 

The youngest lost her sense of smell a year ago and hasn't gotten it back.  The oldest has had the symptoms you describe for the same amount of time.  Stuff literally smells like #### sometimes.  FWIW, they found that wearing a pin over her nose helped her eat.

It's easy to say no big deal, it doesn't kill healthy people, but fatalities are only one part of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yea, but why not wait until the demand for the 12-15 year olds works itself out?  Then we would really be lowering the spread vectors for the summer.  

This is not necessarily true. My first shot will be next week. 12+ just got approved and if all of them go for a shot, we are looking at weeks to get them all just the first shot. So... yeah, we aren't quite to the point where ending restrictions is a good idea.

My wife is also anti-vax and I just recently got her to the point where she wasn't in an absolute panic at the mention of me getting the shot. Now I get to go to work convincing her to vax the kids. I gave up on ever convincing her to get one.

She is college educated with a Bachelor of Science no less...

My wife is also anti-vax and I just recently got her to the point where she wasn't in an absolute panic at the mention of me getting the shot. Now I get to go to work convincing her to vax the kids. I gave up on ever convincing her to get one.

She is college educated with a Bachelor of Science no less...
Is she anit-vax or just Covid vaccine?  

I mean, the whole thing is worth it just for the bold.   Could totally see either of my kids saying something like that.

It could be worse. WV just announced that the mask mandate will be lifted when we hit 60% vaccinated or on June 15th, whichever comes first. Hint: It sure as #### won’t be 60%.
MN was set to do masks until 70% vaccinated, but no later than June 30. Then the CDC made the announcement yesterday. MN governor said it isn't practical to enforce masks for unvaccinated and no-masks for vaccinated, so he just lifted the mandate altogether. I'll be curious to see how stores, particularly big box stores that cross state lines, handle this sudden transition. 

MN was set to do masks until 70% vaccinated, but no later than June 30. Then the CDC made the announcement yesterday. MN governor said it isn't practical to enforce masks for unvaccinated and no-masks for vaccinated, so he just lifted the mandate altogether. I'll be curious to see how stores, particularly big box stores that cross state lines, handle this sudden transition. 
This is why the CDC guidance was so dumb.

The news is good, because it reinforces what we already knew/thought - the vaccines work amazingly well.  But there are going to be more sick/dead people because of this new policy.

Wtf? Are you wearing your mask at home?
I wear a mask when I'm out. Other people wearing masks makes it less likely that I bring something home. I'm peeved that others are ditching their masks when not vaccinated.

I also am about 30% through the N95 supply I laid in for my employees that HR wouldn't let me give out because the company didn't want to pay for fit testing. I've tried to be as safe as possible.

This is why the CDC guidance was so dumb.

The news is good, because it reinforces what we already knew/thought - the vaccines work amazingly well.  But there are going to be more sick/dead people because of this new policy.
Yeah, mask mandates are done in North Carolina as well. I'm not sure that the CDC thought this all the way through. I believe they are right in their statement that vaccinated people have little risk in not wearing masks anymore, but I still think we should have gotten a little further along in vaccinations before these restrictions were lifted. 

Gents.  I travel for work but the wife wants me to get covid test when i come back.  What are the options for accurate rapid tests?  There are ones where you get results within an hour right?  

Gents.  I travel for work but the wife wants me to get covid test when i come back.  What are the options for accurate rapid tests?  There are ones where you get results within an hour right?  
This varies by locale. Around here, there are a lot of chain drugstores and small private health clinics that offer rapid tests (downside: not covered by insurance). I think here they're around $75 or so.

Don't know where you live, but I'd Google "COVID rapid testing, [your hometown]" to get the lay of the land.

My wife's best friend has two little girls.  11 and 13 or so.  The whole family got COVID last May.

Mom was in the hospital for six days, but not in ICU, dad got sick at home.  Mom now has a chronic lung condition that will shorten her life (on average). 

The youngest lost her sense of smell a year ago and hasn't gotten it back.  The oldest has had the symptoms you describe for the same amount of time.  Stuff literally smells like #### sometimes.  FWIW, they found that wearing a pin over her nose helped her eat.

It's easy to say no big deal, it doesn't kill healthy people, but fatalities are only one part of it.
That's horrible but also in the far minority

I wear a mask when I'm out. Other people wearing masks makes it less likely that I bring something home. I'm peeved that others are ditching their masks when not vaccinated.

I also am about 30% through the N95 supply I laid in for my employees that HR wouldn't let me give out because the company didn't want to pay for fit testing. I've tried to be as safe as possible.
You're fully vaccinated. No need to wear mask anymore 

Users who are viewing this thread