What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (14 Viewers)

(Another Medrxiv preprint :(  )

Pump the brakes on the "lives in the air" for hours thing -- that's in a very specific laboratory condition which is not met in real life. From the original preprint that is linked in your article (bottom pg 4 - top pg 5) Sorry for bad formatting below. Note that they call the novel coronavirus "HCOV-19" ... the one labeled SARS-CoV-1 is the 2003 SARS virus:

Photos of the type of machine used in the aerosol experiment.

It's not the virus "dies" in the air ... it's that gravity does its work and the virus falls to the ground or wherever. It's not like if a COVID carrier sneezed in a doorway at noon, and then you walk through that same doorway at 1 p.m. that there are still sneeze droplets in the air ready to infect you.
I've...uh...heard of farts doing that, but, ya...this sounds like some pretty ridiculous info based on a lab test.

:lmao: @michaelkruse

“I’m not sick!” a lady just hollered to everybody within earshot at the grocery store after sneezing. “It’s allergies!”
Not worried about a public sneeze so long as their covering up, not sneezing of people or on food, etc. It's the barking-cough people that I'm steering WAY away from.

I'm of the belief China put this virus out intentionally or let it come out not intentionally but didn't care. Wanted to control the protests in Hon Cong and did it plus other protest. By quarantine people it gave the government an accuse to use these measures. I don't think they meant for the virus to spread out of control into other countries though. I had a friend who taught in China for the last 5-7 yrs and has always been some what defensive of their government. Even he said he wouldn't rule out the government letting it spread. Call it a conspiracy call it whatever but the restrictions in China and other countries such as theirs governments will do anything to control the mass population. 
We’re done here

If this thing just cannot be stopped from infecting the country, this is where leadership is needed.  I work for a large company.  We are getting direction on what to do, which is why I won't be travelling for probably a long time.

Buy every ventilator you can.  Work deals with China to buy as many as are needed.  Do this right now.
What makes you think they'd sell them to us? They probably need every one they can get.

There's eventually a price to be paid in times such as these after you've outsourced your manufacturing base.

Carl Quintanilla

@carlquintanilla

* EXCLUSIVE - U.S. STATE DEPARTMENT HAS DECIDED TO SUSPEND NON-ESSENTIAL TRAVEL BECAUSE OF CORONAVIRUS AND WILL ONLY PERMIT MISSION-CRITICAL TRIPS - SOURCES FAMILIAR WITH THE MATTER (via

@reuters

)
What exactly does this entail? 

I teach at a SUNY school on Long Island...no news yet but they have been harping on us to make sure our content is on line. 
My niece at SUNY Geneseo is being sent home on Friday. Online classes and her lacrosse season is done. 

She said its every SUNY and CUNY school 

Take the stairs.
:goodposting:

If your building is reasonable in height, we could all stand to take the stairs (don't touch the rails). During busy times when the elevator is crowded, it's much safer. 

If you live/work in a high-rise then you don't have much choice. 

:goodposting:

If your building is reasonable in height, we could all stand to take the stairs (don't touch the rails). During busy times when the elevator is crowded, it's much safer. 

If you live/work in a high-rise then you don't have much choice. 
If you work in a building that is 4-5 stories or less, I feel like you should in general practice taking stairs (virus or no virus).  But I know that rarely happens.

AIDS was worse, but this has a chance to overtake it if containment measures fail.
Well I was replying to @BassNBrew with that comment where it was clear he was responding to a comment that was taken well out of context (but I didn't realize that until his later reply), and also at the same time he was criticizing a podcast which he hadn't actually listened to yet.  Still waiting for his feedback on the podcast, but going to assume he's done replying here.

University of Virginia (currently on Spring break) has moved all classes to online until at least April 5.  Students at home or on break strongly encouraged to go to or stay at home - and students still on grounds encouraged to go home. 

University of Virginia (currently on Spring break) has moved all classes to online until at least April 5.  Students at home or on break strongly encouraged to go to or stay at home - and students still on grounds encouraged to go home. 
The big Universities in Michigan are going to online only until 4/20.

NYC cancels St. Patrick's Day Parade due to coronavirus, making it the first time in 258 years that the event has been canceled

I think I will forgo asking anymore.  A small group just came in and casually said they were tired from there flight.  I politely ask were from without thinking and they said they all were from different spots and were meeting up in the area- from Tenn, Tex, NY, and California.    :scared:

Users who are viewing this thread