Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

CNN's Don Lemon Criticized for On Air Behavior Mocking Trump Supporters


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

Would you agree that there is a middle/undecided vote that sees clips like this?  Or are you saying that 99% have decided and nothing matters between now and the election?

Why wouldn't it be just as likely for an undecided voter to see a member of the Republican party making fun of people and be turned off by the GOP?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In my entire life I have never encountered people more eager to be victims than certain Trump supporters. For a group of people supposedly obsessed with fighting against political correctness they sur

LOL. Trump literally tweeted the clip and said Lemon was dumb and has terrible ratings. "How dare he laugh at a joke where someone was getting mocked.  What disrespect.  Now please excuse me

He can't helped that Wilson made him laugh.  Besides, as stated in another thread, Trump won't gain a single vote because of it. The people Wilson were mocking, and Lemon laughing at, were already vot

59 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

"The arrogance, the dismissiveness, the smug cackling, the accents.  If Donald Trump wins re-election the year, I'll remember this brief CNN segment late on Saturday night in Jaunary as the perfect encapsulation for why it happened."

Steve Krakauer

Are you really outraged by this?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Skoo said:

That's not the point anyone is making, and I think you probably know that.

The point is that clutching pearls over this while not minding all the hate and vigor Trump spews is incredibly hypocritical.

Or clutching pearls over Trump but thinking this is okay 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, badmojo1006 said:

Are you really outraged by this?

It's not like there isn't a documented history where people reach these conclusions...

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS785US785&q=jordan+klepper+interviews+trump+supporters&spell=1&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiMi_zBuqnnAhWPFTQIHfvlD7EQBSgAegQICxAn&biw=1920&bih=975

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's wild that we're at the point we can't jus acknowledge it's bad.  Talking in your southern hillbilly accent to make fun of groups of American citizens as a reporter is simply inappropriate.   It isn't more appropriate because "Well here's what the President did."  If we can't agree that this was a failure by CNN, the division is probably beyond repair. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jm192 said:

It's wild that we're at the point we can't jus acknowledge it's bad.  Talking in your southern hillbilly accent to make fun of groups of American citizens as a reporter is simply inappropriate.   It isn't more appropriate because "Well here's what the President did."  If we can't agree that this was a failure by CNN, the division is probably beyond repair. 

It is about at least trying to act professional.  I  can`t stand Hannity and if he tried to make a joke talking or mocking in a uneducated black, Mexican or whatever dialect he should be fired and whoever on the show with him who laughed for 30 seconds should be fired as well.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jm192 said:

It's wild that we're at the point we can't jus acknowledge it's bad.  Talking in your southern hillbilly accent to make fun of groups of American citizens as a reporter is simply inappropriate.   It isn't more appropriate because "Well here's what the President did."  If we can't agree that this was a failure by CNN, the division is probably beyond repair. 

Its amazing how we can't acknowledge it was a Republican making those outrageous comments. Yes, its very wrong. Lemon should have said as much. But let's place the appropriate blame where it belongs - squarely on the shoulders of the one making the comments. A Republican.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TripItUp said:

"The arrogance, the dismissiveness, the smug cackling, the accents.  If Donald Trump wins re-election the year, I'll remember this brief CNN segment late on Saturday night in Jaunary as the perfect encapsulation for why it happened."

Steve Krakauer

who is Steve Krakauer?  Doesn't even have a wikipedia page.  And what does even mean? If Donald Trump wins re-election the year... :confused:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw it and thought, "Don Lemon just made a commercial for the Trump campaign".  CNN is so ham handed they try and kneecap Bernie and end up sending his numbers into a steep climb, now this for Trump.  It's like watching Wile E Coyote trying the latest invention from the ACME Co.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, killface said:

Trump and his team make fun, provoke, ridicule and mock pretty much everyone that isn't 100% behind them.  It's so rich when people try to find the smallest example.  It's like comparing a hill in indiana to mt. everest

Absolutely. The POTUS literally has said I hate American and American values on a regular basis because I'm a Democrat. Pardon me if I don't wear sackcloth and asshes because of a one off deal from a cable news anchor. 

Please. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Shula-holic said:

I saw it and thought, "Don Lemon just made a commercial for the Trump campaign".  CNN is so ham handed they try and kneecap Bernie and end up sending his numbers into a steep climb, now this for Trump.  It's like watching Wile E Coyote trying the latest invention from the ACME Co.

Don Lemon just made the commercial, not the person who actually made the comments? Interesting. Still can't criticize the Republican guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

who is Steve Krakauer?  Doesn't even have a wikipedia page.  And what does even mean? If Donald Trump wins re-election the year... :confused:

You have to admit that "Krakauer" is a pretty cool name.  Like if I was going to make a movie about a hockey team made up of scrappy misfits I would name the enforcer on the rival team "Krakauer".

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Don Lemon just made the commercial, not the person who actually made the comments? Interesting. Still can't criticize the Republican guy.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger.  Lemon can go on like this night after night for all I care.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

"He's just trying to demean her, and obviously it's false. He also knows that deep in his heart that Donald Trump couldn't find Ukraine on the map if you had the letter 'U' and the picture of an actual, physical crane next to it," (Republican Rick) Wilson said.

"He knows that this is an administration defined by ignorance of the world," (Republican Rick) Wilson said as Lemon's face hit the desk. "That's partly him playing to their base and playing to their audience of the credulous boom rube demo that backs Donald Trump that wants to think that (in Southern accent) Donald Trump is the smart one and y'all elitists are dumb."

 

Damn you Don Lemon!!

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TripItUp said:

So we can't hold a prominent TV personality to a higher standard?  That's your take?

A higher standard than the President??

  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

You know Lemon didn't actually make the comments, right? His Republican guest did.

Yeah, but Lemon made a good scene there, hey good for him I hope he keeps it up.  Rick Wilson was never a favorite of mine.  I kind of disliked GW Bush, voted against him twice.  You realize people who support Trump aren't all Republicans, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Shula-holic said:

Yeah, but Lemon made a good scene there, hey good for him I hope he keeps it up.  Rick Wilson was never a favorite of mine.  I kind of disliked GW Bush, voted against him twice.  You realize people who support Trump aren't all Republicans, right?

I posted upthread that Lemon should have called out the comments as inappropriate. But let's assign the blame where it belongs, with Rick Wilson. The OP doesn't mention him at all and only seems to blame Lemon. Even the title of this thread seems to indicate Lemon made the remarks. He didn't - a member of Trump's own party was disparaging the President's supporters. @TripItUp appears to be taking a shot at CNN without commenting on the Republican who made the comments. I say shame on him more than Lemon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Why are people calling Rick Wilson a Republican?

Frederick George Wilson (born November 21, 1963)[1] is a Republican political strategist, media consultant, and author based in Florida who has produced televised political commercials for governors, U.S. Senate candidates, super PACs, and corporations.[2]

Wilson was a frequent guest on political panel shows during the 2016 United States presidential election, where he aired serial denunciations of Donald Trump and his supporters.[3] He was later a strategist for the Evan McMullin presidential campaign.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Frederick George Wilson (born November 21, 1963)[1] is a Republican political strategist, media consultant, and author based in Florida who has produced televised political commercials for governors, U.S. Senate candidates, super PACs, and corporations.[2]

Wilson was a frequent guest on political panel shows during the 2016 United States presidential election, where he aired serial denunciations of Donald Trump and his supporters.[3] He was later a strategist for the Evan McMullin presidential campaign.

But if he doesn't worship Trump he can't be a real Republican.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

"He's just trying to demean her, and obviously it's false. He also knows that deep in his heart that Donald Trump couldn't find Ukraine on the map if you had the letter 'U' and the picture of an actual, physical crane next to it," (Republican Rick) Wilson said.

"He knows that this is an administration defined by ignorance of the world," (Republican Rick) Wilson said as Lemon's face hit the desk. "That's partly him playing to their base and playing to their audience of the credulous boom rube demo that backs Donald Trump that wants to think that (in Southern accent) Donald Trump is the smart one and y'all elitists are dumb."

 

Yeah...I'm having a hard time disagreeing with anything Wilson said there.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

But if he doesn't worship Trump he can't be a real Republican.

Yeah this whole "if you don't like Trump you can't be a real Republican" irks the #### out of me. In AZ arguably decent humans like Jeff Flake and John McCain are just getting #### on all over the place by the majority of Republicans. "Traitor, "RINO," etc. So stupid. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I think about half the people who responded to this in the other thread were making exactly that point.  The other half were just deflecting and didn't really have a point.

:goodposting:

 

Some rather disappointing responses in this thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gr00vus said:

That was unprofessional, or at least what used to be considered unprofessional. I don't care what other people are doing, find a way to conduct yourself with some decorum if you have a platform like that.

:goodposting:

 

At a minimum it is unprofessional.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thunderlips said:

Lemon doing it?..........The POTUS doing it?..... :internationalweighingsymbolwithhands:  

I don't know....but one SEEMS way more important to the health of the country than the other.  

I hope I live to see the day when people start criticizing Trump for these kinds of things. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TripItUp said:

So we can't hold a prominent TV personality to a higher standard?  That's your take?

 

4 hours ago, TripItUp said:

This is about Lemon's behavior, not Trump's.

 

 

5 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

To be clear I am criticizing both.

CNN's Don Lemon Criticized for On Air Behavior Mocking Trump Supporters

Link? I don't see where you've mention Wilson at all. 

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Can you still be a Bears fan if you criticize Trubisky or call for John Fox to be fired?

Of course you can. But you probably can’t do those things if you are the Bear’s offensive coordinator. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, adonis said:
4 hours ago, the moops said:

I don't watch cable news, so forgive my ignorance here. Is Lemon the equivalent of Hannity? Ingraham? Maddow? 

Nowhere near as bad.

I could have guessed that. I was more asking if his show is similar in he offers opinions, has some guests on, rants about subjects, etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, the moops said:

I could have guessed that. I was more asking if his show is similar in he offers opinions, has some guests on, rants about subjects, etc. 

It's more of a panel show from what I remember.  I may have seen 5-10 of his shows in as many years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, the moops said:

I could have guessed that. I was more asking if his show is similar in he offers opinions, has some guests on, rants about subjects, etc. 

Yes. Unfortunately none of the cable news networks seem to have news programs on any more. At least not at night. Its quite frustrating.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...