What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CNN's Don Lemon Criticized for On Air Behavior Mocking Trump Supporters (1 Viewer)

Would you agree that there is a middle/undecided vote that sees clips like this?  Or are you saying that 99% have decided and nothing matters between now and the election?
Why wouldn't it be just as likely for an undecided voter to see a member of the Republican party making fun of people and be turned off by the GOP?

That was unprofessional, or at least what used to be considered unprofessional. I don't care what other people are doing, find a way to conduct yourself with some decorum if you have a platform like that.

"The arrogance, the dismissiveness, the smug cackling, the accents.  If Donald Trump wins re-election the year, I'll remember this brief CNN segment late on Saturday night in Jaunary as the perfect encapsulation for why it happened."

Steve Krakauer
Are you really outraged by this?

It's wild that we're at the point we can't jus acknowledge it's bad.  Talking in your southern hillbilly accent to make fun of groups of American citizens as a reporter is simply inappropriate.   It isn't more appropriate because "Well here's what the President did."  If we can't agree that this was a failure by CNN, the division is probably beyond repair. 

It's wild that we're at the point we can't jus acknowledge it's bad.  Talking in your southern hillbilly accent to make fun of groups of American citizens as a reporter is simply inappropriate.   It isn't more appropriate because "Well here's what the President did."  If we can't agree that this was a failure by CNN, the division is probably beyond repair. 
It is about at least trying to act professional.  I  can`t stand Hannity and if he tried to make a joke talking or mocking in a uneducated black, Mexican or whatever dialect he should be fired and whoever on the show with him who laughed for 30 seconds should be fired as well.

Its amazing how we can't acknowledge it was a Republican making those outrageous comments. Yes, its very wrong. Lemon should have said as much. But let's place the appropriate blame where it belongs - squarely on the shoulders of the one making the comments. A Republican.

Trump and his team make fun, provoke, ridicule and mock pretty much everyone that isn't 100% behind them.  It's so rich when people try to find the smallest example.  It's like comparing a hill in indiana to mt. everest

"The arrogance, the dismissiveness, the smug cackling, the accents.  If Donald Trump wins re-election the year, I'll remember this brief CNN segment late on Saturday night in Jaunary as the perfect encapsulation for why it happened."

Steve Krakauer
who is Steve Krakauer?  Doesn't even have a wikipedia page.  And what does even mean? If Donald Trump wins re-election the year... :confused:

I saw it and thought, "Don Lemon just made a commercial for the Trump campaign".  CNN is so ham handed they try and kneecap Bernie and end up sending his numbers into a steep climb, now this for Trump.  It's like watching Wile E Coyote trying the latest invention from the ACME Co.

Trump and his team make fun, provoke, ridicule and mock pretty much everyone that isn't 100% behind them.  It's so rich when people try to find the smallest example.  It's like comparing a hill in indiana to mt. everest
Absolutely. The POTUS literally has said I hate American and American values on a regular basis because I'm a Democrat. Pardon me if I don't wear sackcloth and asshes because of a one off deal from a cable news anchor. 

Please. 

I saw it and thought, "Don Lemon just made a commercial for the Trump campaign".  CNN is so ham handed they try and kneecap Bernie and end up sending his numbers into a steep climb, now this for Trump.  It's like watching Wile E Coyote trying the latest invention from the ACME Co.
Don Lemon just made the commercial, not the person who actually made the comments? Interesting. Still can't criticize the Republican guy.

who is Steve Krakauer?  Doesn't even have a wikipedia page.  And what does even mean? If Donald Trump wins re-election the year... :confused:
You have to admit that "Krakauer" is a pretty cool name.  Like if I was going to make a movie about a hockey team made up of scrappy misfits I would name the enforcer on the rival team "Krakauer".

"He's just trying to demean her, and obviously it's false. He also knows that deep in his heart that Donald Trump couldn't find Ukraine on the map if you had the letter 'U' and the picture of an actual, physical crane next to it," (Republican Rick) Wilson said.

"He knows that this is an administration defined by ignorance of the world," (Republican Rick) Wilson said as Lemon's face hit the desk. "That's partly him playing to their base and playing to their audience of the credulous boom rube demo that backs Donald Trump that wants to think that (in Southern accent) Donald Trump is the smart one and y'all elitists are dumb."

Damn you Don Lemon!!

You know Lemon didn't actually make the comments, right? His Republican guest did.
Yeah, but Lemon made a good scene there, hey good for him I hope he keeps it up.  Rick Wilson was never a favorite of mine.  I kind of disliked GW Bush, voted against him twice.  You realize people who support Trump aren't all Republicans, right?

Yeah, but Lemon made a good scene there, hey good for him I hope he keeps it up.  Rick Wilson was never a favorite of mine.  I kind of disliked GW Bush, voted against him twice.  You realize people who support Trump aren't all Republicans, right?
I posted upthread that Lemon should have called out the comments as inappropriate. But let's assign the blame where it belongs, with Rick Wilson. The OP doesn't mention him at all and only seems to blame Lemon. Even the title of this thread seems to indicate Lemon made the remarks. He didn't - a member of Trump's own party was disparaging the President's supporters. @TripItUp appears to be taking a shot at CNN without commenting on the Republican who made the comments. I say shame on him more than Lemon.

Why are people calling Rick Wilson a Republican?
Frederick George Wilson (born November 21, 1963)[1] is a Republican political strategist, media consultant, and author based in Florida who has produced televised political commercials for governors, U.S. Senate candidates, super PACs, and corporations.[2]

Wilson was a frequent guest on political panel shows during the 2016 United States presidential election, where he aired serial denunciations of Donald Trump and his supporters.[3] He was later a strategist for the Evan McMullin presidential campaign.

Frederick George Wilson (born November 21, 1963)[1] is a Republican political strategist, media consultant, and author based in Florida who has produced televised political commercials for governors, U.S. Senate candidates, super PACs, and corporations.[2]

Wilson was a frequent guest on political panel shows during the 2016 United States presidential election, where he aired serial denunciations of Donald Trump and his supporters.[3] He was later a strategist for the Evan McMullin presidential campaign.
But if he doesn't worship Trump he can't be a real Republican.

"He's just trying to demean her, and obviously it's false. He also knows that deep in his heart that Donald Trump couldn't find Ukraine on the map if you had the letter 'U' and the picture of an actual, physical crane next to it," (Republican Rick) Wilson said.

"He knows that this is an administration defined by ignorance of the world," (Republican Rick) Wilson said as Lemon's face hit the desk. "That's partly him playing to their base and playing to their audience of the credulous boom rube demo that backs Donald Trump that wants to think that (in Southern accent) Donald Trump is the smart one and y'all elitists are dumb."
Yeah...I'm having a hard time disagreeing with anything Wilson said there.  

But if he doesn't worship Trump he can't be a real Republican.
Yeah this whole "if you don't like Trump you can't be a real Republican" irks the #### out of me. In AZ arguably decent humans like Jeff Flake and John McCain are just getting #### on all over the place by the majority of Republicans. "Traitor, "RINO," etc. So stupid. 

That was unprofessional, or at least what used to be considered unprofessional. I don't care what other people are doing, find a way to conduct yourself with some decorum if you have a platform like that.
:goodposting:

At a minimum it is unprofessional.

It is probably unprofessional. Its also not nearly as big a deal as some people seem to be making it out to be.

Some people just want to get upset about stuff.

Lemon doing it?..........The POTUS doing it?..... :internationalweighingsymbolwithhands:  

I don't know....but one SEEMS way more important to the health of the country than the other.  
I hope I live to see the day when people start criticizing Trump for these kinds of things. 

I could have guessed that. I was more asking if his show is similar in he offers opinions, has some guests on, rants about subjects, etc. 
It's more of a panel show from what I remember.  I may have seen 5-10 of his shows in as many years.

I could have guessed that. I was more asking if his show is similar in he offers opinions, has some guests on, rants about subjects, etc. 
Yes. Unfortunately none of the cable news networks seem to have news programs on any more. At least not at night. Its quite frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread