What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. He says things that give his supporters false hope.

Then he says new things that give his supporters more false hope. And his supporters conveniently forget the former false things which previously gave them false hope.
Can we stop at the revisionist history? The economy was the best economy in 50 or 60 years prior to the pandemic.

I know that's a tough pill for those on the left to swallow, but those are the facts.

Can we stop at the revisionist history? The economy was the best economy in 50 or 60 years prior to the pandemic.

I know that's a tough pill for those on the left to swallow, but those are the facts.
GDP says otherwise...greatest economy claims are opinions of Trump and his supporters.

Also...his post wasn’t revisionist history...it was another posters direct quotes.

CEO of world's largest manufacturer of syringes says “no capacity” to quickly ramp up production to 1B syringes for expected COVID-19 vaccine b/c of “extreme surge demand”—adding a potential new wrinkle to the medical supply chain. nbcnews.com/news/us-news/s… @strickdc @S_Fitzpatrick

One of Ivanka's assistants has tested positive, the third White House case in 24 hours. Yes, Donald, this is proof that testing isn't needed, you imbecile.

These open-up/anti-mask protesters are going to end up earning themselves a giant collective Darwin award for lifetime achievement. And the President will say he was just joking. Ha!
This type of language is not allowed here.

Does everyone agree that Trump only cares about re-election?   He’s all in on juicing the economy by any means necessary before the vote.  

He doesn’t give a #### about people dying. He’s pushed his chips.   

Trump is going to win, regardless.

I think putting his name on those checks is what sealed his re-election.

Last edited by a moderator:

What does "economy" mean?  S&P 500?  Nominal GDP?  So what?  Name one president where what you said wasn't true at some point during their presidency.  The president after Trump, whether he/she is a Republican or Democrat, will be able to say the same thing.   It's not an accomplishment.  And that you think it is shows you have no understanding of economic data.

What does "economy" mean?  S&P 500?  Nominal GDP?  So what?  Name one president where what you said wasn't true at some point during their presidency.  The president after Trump, whether he/she is a Republican or Democrat, will be able to say the same thing.   It's not an accomplishment.  And that you think it is shows you have no understanding of economic data.
Greatest ever, bro. Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

It was a great economy that Obama left him.  Trump then supercharged it with needless tax cuts, exploding the defect (which for some reason "fiscal conservatives" dont care about any more).

It was a great economy that Obama left him.  Trump then supercharged it with needless tax cuts, exploding the defect (which for some reason "fiscal conservatives" dont care about any more).
Not even sure he super charged it.  If you look at the trend line it was better under Obama.  The trend line isn’t as steep under trump.

just like the unemployment rate had improved every month for like the last 8-9 years - but for some reason it was celebrated under Trump even though the Obama administration did the heavy lifting.

It’s was an economy that was trending down and propped up by the Fed printing money and creating artificially low rates.....yeah “great” economy thank Obama.  :lmao:

Not even sure he super charged it.  If you look at the trend line it was better under Obama.  The trend line isn’t as steep under trump.

just like the unemployment rate had improved every month for like the last 8-9 years - but for some reason it was celebrated under Trump even though the Obama administration did the heavy lifting.
One could argue the Obama bull market was about to crest and the Trump cuts kept the party going.

Not sure what people don't understand about the economy. I'll take 2% annual growth for the rest of my life, in the American economy, versus 4% one year, 1% the next year, 7% the following year, and -3% the next year. Steady growth is so much better than the roller coaster we've been on.

What goes up quickly, goes down quicker and it hurts much more. Steady growth, steady bumps, is so much better.

An article from 2012.  You got us there, i guess.

But wait...*checks notes* was't Obama president for a full 4 years after 2012?  Hmmm.....

Favorite “news” source of the left admitting it’s a fair statement before their spin attempt. 

https://money.cnn.com/2016/10/05/news/economy/us-recovery-slowest-since-wwii/index.html

After this take a look at GDP by quarter trending down before Trump election once they finally started tapering the QE. This has all already been shown in here multiple times just pointing it out. There’s a thread on it if you wanted to check out more but I think most are already aware, anyways enjoy the weekend.  :hifive:

Sorry but it’s misinformation that needs to be pointed out even if it doesn’t agree with your talking points. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/louiswoodhill/2012/08/01/obama-wins-the-gold-for-worst-economic-recovery-ever/amp/

Here’s a reminder, enjoy your weekend. 
It appears that article mentions Bush having a better recovery than Obama. Does that really matter much considering the economy just ended up crashing again at the end of his presidency?

Favorite “news” source of the left admitting it’s a fair statement before their spin attempt. 

https://money.cnn.com/2016/10/05/news/economy/us-recovery-slowest-since-wwii/index.html

After this take a look at GDP by quarter trending down before Trump election once they finally started tapering the QE. This has all already been shown in here multiple times just pointing it out. There’s a thread on it if you wanted to check out more but I think most are already aware, anyways enjoy the weekend.  :hifive:
2016 is more relevant than 2012.  Its fair to say the Obama recovery was slower than any other recovery...fine.  However, that had nothing to do with Trumps economy vs Obamas. 

Fortunately, our GB @Sinn Fein is on the case: 

Trump’s Economic Growth Is Slower Than Obama’s Last 3 Years

Now, imagine what Trump's growth rates would have been if he had not prematurely gone for tax cuts in a growing market, or cut regulations to spur growth in a growing market.

It appears that article mentions Bush having a better recovery than Obama. Does that really matter much considering the economy just ended up crashing again at the end of his presidency?
I’m sure there are plenty of ways to spin it if you want to. “But Trump!” Is the trend in here though, I would break form with “But Bush!”

I was merely correcting a false statement and provided links supporting it. There’s a whole thread where this was exposed as well. I’m good moving on if the regs can stop quoting. 

I mean it would ne a great argument...if anyone had made a point that Obama had a fast recovery from recession...

Where that falls apart is that literally nobody is saying that.

Its like someone claiming Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball and someone arguing, no he isn't, because his batting average sucked.

I’m sure there are plenty of ways to spin it if you want to. “But Trump!” Is the trend in here though, I would break form with “But Bush!”

I was merely correcting a false statement and provided links supporting it. There’s a whole thread where this was exposed as well. I’m good moving on if the regs can stop quoting. 
No statememt made was false...and your links have nothing to do with the statement made.

Thats the point...thats why people are saying spit out the hook...thats why its clear this isn't an honest  attempt at a discussion from you.

No statememt made was false...and your links have nothing to do with the statement made.

Thats the point...thats why people are saying spit out the hook...thats why its clear this isn't an honest  attempt at a discussion from you.
The myth of the Obama great economy has been disproven in here time after time and has been once again. If you have a problem with that then stop spreading misinformation. That’s not why people say spit the hook, that’s a common response when they can’t defend false info they have supported. 

Again, please stop quoting me and let’s get back on track. Thanks. 

The crash was in major part due to Clinton deregulation policies.  Who deserves blame and credit is always a strange debate because good and bad regulations across different administrations play a part.

The myth of the Obama great economy has been disproven in here time after time and has been once again. If you have a problem with that then stop spreading misinformation. That’s not why people say spit the hook, that’s a common response when they can’t defend false info they have supported. 

Again, please stop quoting me and let’s get back on track. Thanks. 
The economy when Trump took over was what was being discussed...not how long  recovery took. The only thing you posted was calling the recovery slow.  Which has nothing to do with  the points  that had been made.

I have not spread any misinformation...that is yet another false accusation you are making about me.

Thinks GB. I think it’s important to point out misinformation even if a majority is against it as things can snowball out of control like the Russia storyline. Anyways, hope you and everyone in here has a good weekend. 
Your post was the misinformation.  When discussing the economy  at transition, you brought up recovery from the 2008 recession.  That is misinformation and misdirection/deflection.  Several pointed that out and you won’t let go of it...
That is what I correctly stated yours wasn't an honest discussion.

The economy when Trump took over was what was being discussed...not how long  recovery took. The only thing you posted was calling the recovery slow.  Which has nothing to do with  the points  that had been made.

I have not spread any misinformation...that is yet another false accusation you are making about me.
You’ve made another false statement as the downtrend in GDP at the end was also referenced. Please stop making false statements and let’s move on, this is not the thread for it.  Please stop quoting me with these types of misinformation. Thanks. 

If you decide you have any facts to support this “great Obama economy “ I welcome you to take it to the correct thread, otherwise attempts to deflect like this aren’t adding any value. 
Doesn’t matter,  does it? 

Public perception is that Trump had a good economy until the virus. Democrats can argue all day long that it was Obama’s economy, and I might agree with them and disagree with you, but it doesn’t matter because you don’t win over public opinion with such arguments. 

At the same time, however, Trump isn’t going to be able to argue successfully that “I made it good before, I can do it again” any more than Herbert Hoover could. The public doesn’t buy that sort of thing either. “This ain’t working, let’s try something different” is ALWAYS the most compelling argument for voters. 

You’ve made another false statement as the downtrend in GDP at the end was also referenced. Please stop making false statements and let’s move on, this is not the thread for it.  Please stop quoting me with these types of misinformation. Thanks. 
The GDP isn't the only part of the economy...also, not much of an actual trend if you look at the numbers...so poor effort here to bash me.

Please stop with these bogus accusations. 

The GDP isn't the only part of the economy...also, not much of an actual trend if you look at the numbers...so poor effort here to bash me.

Please stop with these bogus accusations. 
That’s simply not true. Since you can’t stop these false claims I’ve got to go back to ignore and hopefully you can move on.  Best. 

The steps to take at the bottom are pretty interesting -- it's like the countries that are doing well had a standardized response plan or something.  Why are we only hearing about these now?
When the leader of the country won't listen to scientists, won't wear a mask, and refuses to socially distance it isn't really surprising that the populace will follow.  Saw a blurb yesterday that we now have more cases in Iowa than in South Korea.  Really doing an abysmal job and are reopeinging recklessly.

When the leader of the country won't listen to scientists, won't wear a mask, and refuses to socially distance it isn't really surprising that the populace will follow.  Saw a blurb yesterday that we now have more cases in Iowa than in South Korea.  Really doing an abysmal job and are reopeinging recklessly.
Come on be honest, you truly believe our entire country would follow all the rules if Trump wears a mask? Come on man. 

That’s simply not true. Since you can’t stop these false claims I’ve got to go back to ignore and hopefully you can move on.  Best. 
You have yet to ignore me in the first place...and yes...what i stated is 100% true and you have offered absolutely nothing to refute it.

A. The GDP itself is not the economy...if it was, Trump claiming this was the best economy ever is obviously BS considering his numbers have been poor there.

B.  There was not much of a trend.  We have been over this before.  GDP by quarter...look at the numbers...where is the downward trend in 2016 into 2017 when Trump took office?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/188185/percent-chance-from-preceding-period-in-real-gdp-in-the-us/

Once again...linking to actual data...vs you making claims and bogus assertions that I am making false claims.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread