What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Financial literacy is a subject that barely gets taught in our educational system which is insane and a problem that should be addressed, but a large part of the reason that many people are living paycheck to paycheck is more due to how the country operates and embraces the 'pull yourself up by the bootstraps' mentality.
It’s that mentality that has built the greatest economy the world has ever seen in the modern era. 

I'm sure your very worried about fiscal responsibility: 

"President Donald Trump is said to not be worried about setting the US up for a massive debt crisis because he doesn't think it'll erupt until after he leaves office.

Sources close to the presidency told The Daily Beast that Trump had repeatedly shrugged off any concerns about the rising national debt because it was projected to come to a head only after he would finish a second term."

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-debt-crisis-fine-wont-be-here-report-2018-12 
I think it was clear I was addressing personal fiscal responsibility not govt fiscal responsibility. 

Just ridiculous...you think those Americans want to live paycheck to paycheck?  The only thing embarrassing here is that statement.
I’m not sure why Americans make the poor financial decisions they do.  I’ve never been able to answer that question.  

Dr. Fauci is about to testify before Congress and warn the public about opening  too quickly. President Trump is apparently doing everything he can to distract from this (including accusing Joe Scarborough of murder.) 

Fauci: very concerned that states are ignoring the guidelines, and this will lead to outbreaks. He is completely contradicting Trump’s message here. “The consequences could be serious.” Stresses that none of this can be done without contract tracing, and massive testing. 

I'm sure your very worried about fiscal responsibility: 

"President Donald Trump is said to not be worried about setting the US up for a massive debt crisis because he doesn't think it'll erupt until after he leaves office.

Sources close to the presidency told The Daily Beast that Trump had repeatedly shrugged off any concerns about the rising national debt because it was projected to come to a head only after he would finish a second term."

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-debt-crisis-fine-wont-be-here-report-2018-12 
"sources close to the President".???????

or just a supposed journalist making things up.

sources-LOL

Pipe dream. 
Yeah...parents will be willing to send their kids to school with data like this <WARNING ITS FROM THE NYTIMES, SO ITS FAKE NEWS!>

Fourteen more children in New York City were found to have a rare and dangerous inflammatory syndrome that appears to be connected to the coronavirus, Mayor Bill de Blasio said on Tuesday.

So far, the city has reported 52 cases of the illness, which is known as pediatric multisystem inflammatory syndrome and causes life-threatening inflammation in critical organs and can have serious effects on the heart. Ten potential cases were being evaluated, Mr. de Blasio said.

One child died of the illness in New York City last week.

“We’re seeing something that’s very troubling,” the mayor said at his daily news briefing. “And we’re combining the efforts of health care professionals all over New York City to understand what it is and how to deal with it.”

The illness began to appear in the region in recent weeks, and doctors and researchers are still investigating how and why it affects children.

Statewide, at least 93 children have the syndrome, and three people have died, officials have said.

Mr. de Blasio’s announcement came as Connecticut reported its first cases of the syndrome on Monday. So far, six children in Connecticut are being treated for the ailment, Gov. Ned Lamont and health officials said.

Three of the cases were announced by Mr. Lamont on Monday at his daily briefing.

“I think right now it’s a very, very tiny risk of infection,” Mr. Lamont said. “It was not really ever detected in Asia, which, I don’t quote know what that implies.”

Fauci: the virus will not disappear. But we can avoid a disaster in the fall IF we have massive testing and contact tracing. 

...too bad that’s a pipe dream...

I just wish somebody in this hearing was willing to tell the truth: 

“In our attempts to combat this virus we are often hampered by President Trump’s desire to be re-elected. Any time we propose a measure or process that he believes is counter to that goal we are unable to move forward on it.” 

I mean we all know this is what’s happening and they’re all tiptoeing around it.

I just wish somebody in this hearing was willing to tell the truth: 

“In our attempts to combat this virus we are often hampered by President Trump’s desire to be re-elected. Any time we propose a measure or process that he believes is counter to that goal we are unable to move forward on it.” 

I mean we all know this is what’s happening and they’re all tiptoeing around it.
Murphy KINDA took a shot,.

Fauci: the virus will not disappear. But we can avoid a disaster in the fall IF we have massive testing and contact tracing. 

...too bad that’s a pipe dream...
I don't know, I think it's possible.  The USA is getting better with testing every day and there are a lot of contact tracing jobs online right now.  

IMO the issue is that we are reopening too soon, so we won't get the numbers low enough or give this enough time to work.

If we could totally squash the virus with another 3-4 weeks of a shutdown, then contact tracing would be much easier in the future.  

But the US is taking it's collective foot off the gas when there are apparently 1 million active cases....not an ideal scenario.

Tim Kaine nailed it.
I am not watching - but is this the question?

Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche · 25m

Senator Kaine: The death rate in the U.S., especially when compared to other countries, is unacceptable, isn't it?

Dr. Fauci: "Yes, of course. I mean a death rate that high is something that, in any manner or form, in my mind, is unacceptable."

Virtually every answer given has contradicted what Trump has been saying. 
He’s just being misinterpreted by the lamestream media. He’s functioning at a high level and the administration is completely in sync and not at all a rudderless vessel captained by a walking delusion.

Well now I have to say I am confused and a little frustrated. All morning long Fauci has been saying that it’s not safe to re-open unless we follow the guidelines and have massive testing and contact tracing. That part I understood. 

But now here is this senator from South Carolina and he’s saying that they’re reopening, they’re NOT going to follow the guidelines, but they’ll be real careful and hey it mostly affects old people anyhow so what can be done about that? And Fauci congratulates him and says that what he’s doing should be a model for others???

I don’t understand. It seems like he (Fauci) just destroyed his entire argument. What am I missing here? 

If anything this pandemic will teach a generation or two about the value of fiscal responsibility. 

The fact that over 70% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck is embarrassing for most of those Americans. 
Yes, I hope all these businesses you're concerned about going under due to the shutdown learn to put some money away to handle situations like this in the future too. The fact that all these job creators live paycheck to paycheck is embarrassing for most of those job creators. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread