What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas Democrat response:  Fly like this to DC.

Why is it these guys/gals continually advocate for incredibly restrictive rules and then, to a person, ignore them?  I was a shade sympathetic to them.  Now I hope they're arrested as soon as they get back to Texas.

Are they flying commercial? The plane looks small, but it could be a regional carrier.

If it's charter ... not a whole lot that we can credibly say about it. Chances that any Democratic politicians are unvaccinated are virtually nil ... so ... ?
Mask rules apply to charter and private flights.  Three of them turned up COVID positive after this flight.  

Mask rules apply to charter and private flights.  Three of them turned up COVID positive after this flight.  
Very good. One hopes if the flight actually attempted to enforce masking, that these Texas politicians would have gracefully complied. I can't work up a lather for people who are not beating up on a flight attendant or fellow passengers over wearing a mask. They're not the FAA and they're not airline personnel ... so the hypocrisy is lost on me.

I mean ... I know what you're going after. But it doesn't raise my hackles.

Very good. One hopes if the flight actually attempted to enforce masking, that these Texas politicians would have gracefully complied. I can't work up a lather for people who are not beating up on a flight attendant or fellow passengers over wearing a mask. They're not the FAA and they're not airline personnel ... so the hypocrisy is lost on me.

I mean ... I know what you're going after. But it doesn't raise my hackles.
Raises my hackles. Obviously some weren't vaccinated and were flying without masks. That's enough for me to get my hackles raised. Whether they can be accused of hypocrisy depends on how they voted in their home state recently about masks, travel, businesses, vaccination, etc. A whole lot depends on that sort of thing.

But given that they're public officials who have tasked themselves with policing public health? Heck yeah that's infuriating.

If they’re unvaccinated, they should have worn masks. (More importantly, they should get vaccinated.) I can’t say if they’re hypocrites since I have no idea what they’ve said or voted on in the past regarding mask mandates. Personally, though, I decided awhile back that I was going to stop getting mad at people over masks. I just found it wasn’t good for my mental well-being

Raises my hackles. Obviously some weren't vaccinated and were flying without masks. That's enough for me to get my hackles raised. Whether they can be accused of hypocrisy depends on how they voted in their home state recently about masks, travel, businesses, vaccination, etc. A whole lot depends on that sort of thing.

But given that they're public officials who have tasked themselves with policing public health? Heck yeah that's infuriating.
Do we know that they aren't vaccinated?  Still, put a damn mask on.  It's not that hard.  My kid wears a mask for 8 hours straight without complaint, and half the time he leaves it on while we're walking home.  And it's especially inexcusable to be preaching to others while being hypocritical.

It's amazing how Biden will get no blame for this (not saying he deserves any) but Trump got blamed for numerous rises in cases during 2020.
At this point, only thing Biden could do is try to trick the unvaccinated into getting a vaccine by telling them that the Deep State doesn't want them to get the vaccine so they would die and no longer be able to (many of them..not all) support Trump.  

I decided awhile back that I was going to stop getting mad at people over masks. I just found it wasn’t good for my mental well-being
I don't get angry, just shake my head and recognize another set of blowhards who follow the "rules for thee, but not for me" mantra.

Seeing as how I have feel nothing but contempt for the runaway Texas legislators, now would be a good time to remind everybody that the vaccinated people who tested positive for covid-19 are all either asymptomatic or only mildly symptomatic.  None of them are seriously ill.  If you're vaccinated, getting covid-19 is no big deal -- it's much less dangerous than the flu, and we don't expect people to wear masks on planes during flu season.  These people are all tools, every one of them, but not because they're going maskless after vaccination.  

Seeing as how I have feel nothing but contempt for the runaway Texas legislators, now would be a good time to remind everybody that the vaccinated people who tested positive for covid-19 are all either asymptomatic or only mildly symptomatic.  None of them are seriously ill.  If you're vaccinated, getting covid-19 is no big deal -- it's much less dangerous than the flu, and we don't expect people to wear masks on planes during flu season.  These people are all tools, every one of them, but not because they're going maskless after vaccination.  
But what about because they're (presumably*) going maskless on a flight after vaccination while continuing to promote mask mandates on flights?

Personally, I'm in favor of mask mandates on flights (or better yet, vaccination mandates on flights), but that's irrelevant to my question immediately above.

* Edit to add: I admit that I'm making the assumption they are promoting such mandates, as most Democrats currently are.

Last edited by a moderator:
But what about because they're (presumably*) going maskless on a flight after vaccination while continuing to promote mask mandates on flights?
Sure, that's hypocritical.  But a) politicians are hypocritical about lots of stuff, b) they're not unlike normal people in that regard, and c) it's kind of reassuring to know that the masks-forever crowd doesn't really believe their press clippings.  

At this point, only thing Biden could do is try to trick the unvaccinated into getting a vaccine by telling them that the Deep State doesn't want them to get the vaccine so they would die and no longer be able to (many of them..not all) support Trump.  
I didnt realize Trump had the minority support.

CDC: Blacks and Hispanics still least likely to be vaccinated

On 7/13/2021 at 4:08 PM, CletiusMaximus said:
The author added some interesting details on twitter:

Brett Kelman @BrettKelman

Tennessee Department of Health halts all vaccine outreach to kids – not just for COVID-19, but all diseases – amid pressure from GOP. Staff ordered to remove the agency logo from any documents providing vaccine info to the public, per internal dox.

The agency will also end all COVID-19 vaccine events at schools, even though they've mostly served adults. And, if teens get a two-dose vaccine, it won't remind them to go back for their second dose. Teens are intentionally stripped from the mailing list for reminder postcards.
Expand  
Well, that certainly seems insane.
Just go with evil.  The people involved are probably well intentioned, otherwise good people, but this idea, this policy implementation is not merely wrong it is wrong to the extreme.  (Yes I just got done with reading another thread.)

So she was trying to use a state supreme court ruling from 34 years ago that allowed minors ages 14-17 to receive medical procedures without parental consent as a means to save a child's life to try to get teens to take the vaccine without their parent's consent? Sounds like it was a good thing she was removed. 

On the other stuff, where can read on all vaccine notifications (non Covid vaccines) being halted? Didn't see that in the first link. 

I didnt realize Trump had the minority support.

CDC: Blacks and Hispanics still least likely to be vaccinated
:goodposting:

Trump supporters being the ones not getting vaccinated seems to be FAKE NEWS.

49% of unvaccinated adults identify as Republican or Independent Republican leaning, in other words, matches that of the normal demographics of the US (see 2020 popular vote percentages).

On the other hand the unvaccinated minority percentage is at an astonishing 44%.  Not reaching the vaccination goals is a failure in getting minorities vaccinated.  Not But Trump!

So she was trying to use a state supreme court ruling from 34 years ago that allowed minors ages 14-17 to receive medical procedures without parental consent as a means to save a child's life to try to get teens to take the vaccine without their parent's consent? Sounds like it was a good thing she was removed. 

On the other stuff, where can read on all vaccine notifications (non Covid vaccines) being halted? Didn't see that in the first link. 
As pointed out, this is absolutely not what happened.  The governor provided an approved communication regarding vaccinations.  She posted it online.  People complained.  She got the blame, even though the governor's office had previously approved the info she posted.

As pointed out, this is absolutely not what happened.  The governor provided an approved communication regarding vaccinations.  She posted it online.  People complained.  She got the blame, even though the governor's office had previously approved the info she posted.
She said it was her that provided the information in her own words. She sought out an explanation on the supreme court ruling to see if they can give vaccines to minors without parental consent. The middle part then says it was the governors office who already did it before her. Is there an email or something showing that? I'd definitely believe a governor or other politicians throwing someone under the bus for their own failures but does she show that somewhere? The final paragraph she admits to forwarding the information to all vaccine providers and then receiving backlash from that. 

Sounds like either a) she decided this with the rest of the health department on her own and is deflecting blame or b) the whole state government decided it but is now blaming her and backtracking to cover their asses because it's a really stupid thing to try to do.

"On May 6, 2021, in advance of the approval of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for 12-15 year olds and in response to multiple questions I had received regarding the rules around vaccinating minors, I reached out to Tennessee Department of Health’s general counsel to request a statement regarding Tennessee’s Mature Minor Doctrine that resulted from a Tennessee Supreme Court Ruling in Cardwell v Bechtol in 1987.

In response, I received a document attached to an email stating, “Sure—Attached is the new summary of the doctrine that has just recently been posted to the website and is blessed by the Governor’s office on the subject. This is forward facing so feel free to distribute to anyone.”

On May 10, 2021, I copied and pasted the language provided to me into a memo that was distributed only to providers who were administering COVID-19 vaccines. A recipient of that memo was upset that, according to Tennessee Supreme Court case law, minors ages 14-17 years are able to receive medical care in Tennessee without parental consent and posted the memo to social media. Within days, legislators were contacting TDH asking questions about the memo with some interpreting it as an attempt to undermine parental authority."

She said it was her that provided the information in her own words. She sought out an explanation on the supreme court ruling to see if they can give vaccines to minors without parental consent. The middle part then says it was the governors office who already did it before her. Is there an email or something showing that? I'd definitely believe a governor or other politicians throwing someone under the bus for their own failures but does she show that somewhere? The final paragraph she admits to forwarding the information to all vaccine providers and then receiving backlash from that. 

Sounds like either a) she decided this with the rest of the health department on her own and is deflecting blame or b) the whole state government decided it but is now blaming her and backtracking to cover their asses because it's a really stupid thing to try to do.

"On May 6, 2021, in advance of the approval of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for 12-15 year olds and in response to multiple questions I had received regarding the rules around vaccinating minors, I reached out to Tennessee Department of Health’s general counsel to request a statement regarding Tennessee’s Mature Minor Doctrine that resulted from a Tennessee Supreme Court Ruling in Cardwell v Bechtol in 1987.

In response, I received a document attached to an email stating, “Sure—Attached is the new summary of the doctrine that has just recently been posted to the website and is blessed by the Governor’s office on the subject. This is forward facing so feel free to distribute to anyone.”

On May 10, 2021, I copied and pasted the language provided to me into a memo that was distributed only to providers who were administering COVID-19 vaccines. A recipient of that memo was upset that, according to Tennessee Supreme Court case law, minors ages 14-17 years are able to receive medical care in Tennessee without parental consent and posted the memo to social media. Within days, legislators were contacting TDH asking questions about the memo with some interpreting it as an attempt to undermine parental authority."
See portion I bolded above.  Per that info, she copied and pasted info that was already public facing and blessed by the Governor's office and sent that to vaccine providers.  If that's accurate, there's no justification for firing her.

So you're accusing people of being hypocrites without any evidence that they're actually being hypocritical. Got it.
Don't be absurd.  Wearing masks on airlines isn't just a political issue, it's federal rules that you can be detained and arrested for.  Your stance requires that you assume that these representative are willing to break federal law.

But, you don't have to look too far for evidence.  Here is Caucus Chair Chris Turners website about Covid. And Celia Isreal, currently covid positive, lying to your face.

While I have fully complied with CDC guidelines and am fully vaccinated this will not 100% prevent infection.

On Fox And Friends this morning:  ☹️

https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status/1417109335818256387  (video clip at link) 

Doocy: 99% of people who are dying are unvaccinated

Kilmeade: That's their choice!

Doocy: They don't want to die. The admin and gov't says mask mandates are to protect the unvaccinated

Kilmeade: That's not their job, it's not their job to protect anybody!
"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

It appears not getting vaccinated for political reasons may be working. Not to get all conspiratorial, but it seems the "plan" is as follows:

1. If every American gets vaccinated, the economy will be prosperous.

2. Joe Biden will get credit for this.

3. "We" don't want Joe Biden doing well.

4. Therefore "we" will not get vaccinated because it helps Joe Biden.

So now, we have as a country:

"Biden didn't make goa!l"

Stock market suffering at the news of rising Covid-19 due to the Delta variant which is much more contagious.

Hospitalizations and deaths are rising in areas with low vaccination rates.

"See, Biden's not doing well!". A near direct quote from Trump yesterday.

Literally willing to get sick, go to the hospital or die so that Biden doesn't get credit? That's insane.

You know who suffers? Kids. They can't get vaccinated yet. Great job folks. 

Care to refresh my memory on why you oppose implementing an UBI to replace the welfare state?
Because we, as a compassionate society, want to ensure that aid for the poor is effective in alleviating specific problems - housing, food, heat, etc.  A UBI doesn't accomplish that goal.

Though, obviously, I see where you're heading here.

So you're accusing people of being hypocrites without any evidence that they're actually being hypocritical. Got it.
From the article - “This is a group of people who said Greg Abbott was going to kill Texans by reopening the state and tossing the mask mandate,”  From that I'd take that they voted for the mask mandate.

Yet what I said was also true and consistent with recent history.

You know who suffers? Kids. They can't get vaccinated yet. Great job folks. 
Kids, almost without exception, don't get sick from COVID.  I'm lost as to why they're suffering.

I'm not having my child vaccinated yet (he's 16) as the cases of myocarditis from the vaccine are higher than hospitalizations for all children that age or younger.  Which choice makes my child suffer less?

Kids, almost without exception, don't get sick from COVID.  I'm lost as to why they're suffering.

I'm not having my child vaccinated yet (he's 16) as the cases of myocarditis from the vaccine are higher than hospitalizations for all children that age or younger.  Which choice makes my child suffer less?
Wrong.

Rich Conway said:
See portion I bolded above.  Per that info, she copied and pasted info that was already public facing and blessed by the Governor's office and sent that to vaccine providers.  If that's accurate, there's no justification for firing her.
Nope. And that should be easily verifiable. 

fatguyinalittlecoat said:
You serious? You're ok with the government saying to health officials "go ahead and coerce minors to take this drug we had pharma companies rush through in less than 6 months with little to no clinical trials?" Then when you add in it's for a virus that statistically doesn't affect them, you're ok with that precedent being set that government can give minors medical treatments for non life threatening illnesses or injuries without parental consent?

You serious? You're ok with the government saying to health officials "go ahead and coerce minors to take this drug we had pharma companies rush through in less than 6 months with little to no clinical trials?" Then when you add in it's for a virus that statistically doesn't affect them, you're ok with that precedent being set that government can give minors medical treatments for non life threatening illnesses or injuries without parental consent?
Yes, I would be more inclined to require teenagers to get parental consent to eat at McDonalds.  That’s actually something that’s bad for them.

ETA-  What about if a parent wants his kid to be vaccinated but the kid doesn’t want to?  Should the parent be able to force the kid to do it?

Grace Under Pressure said:
No. He's not. CDCs own website shows that worldwide, there have been only 2500 deaths under the age of 17 and almost all of them had other factors contributing to death. With an estimated 7.1m deaths worldwide, that accounts for .03% of all deaths. 

The reports of heart inflammation seems to be more concentrated in people aged 15-25 according to the VAERS database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread