What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Coronavirus Isolation - How far are you taking it? (1 Viewer)

I took the dogs on a run Sunday and saw a baby shower at the neighborhood clubhouse.  Probably 50+ people.   :no:
Have you driven by a Costco?  Huge warehouse full with a line to get in.  Well over 1K people.

I have been going to a small specialty market.  Prices are higher but usually only around 10 people at one time in the store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you driven by a Costco?  Huge warehouse full with a line to get in.  Well over 1K people.

I have been going to a small specialty market.  Prices are higher but usually only around 10 people at one time in the store.
We finally got a Costco here in MS...grand opening was March 13th.  

My son and his wife were supposed to bring the grandkids over to dinner tonight but are staying in isolation.  Definitely glad they are playing it safe but my wife is going to go through depression not seeing those kids for a few weeks.

We finally got a Costco here in MS...grand opening was March 13th.  
They have been building a huge Planet Fitness by me for the last 6 months.  Got a flyer in the mail last week saying grand opening was supposed to be on March 16.  All gyms closed until further notice.

First of all, whether or not she should be seeing clients right now, tell your wife she is doing God's work and thank her for me.

My younger son is on the spectrum (older one technically is, too, but he's much more high functioning and doesn't need regular interventions). Today our speech therapist is coming by the house for a session. We asked if we could get the first slot of the day to minimize the exposure to other kids' germs. Our behavioral therapist is dealing with some personal issues right now, but when she returns we may have her come by as well.

I'm not totally thrilled at the idea, but I think there is value in having my son continue to receive these therapies, especially given how long this could go on, and I feel like we can mitigate risk to an acceptable level. But I also know we may be looking back in a couple weeks and wondering what the hell we were thinking.
thank you for those kind words, i feel as if i don't remind or tell her enough how proud i am of her passion and efforts, and how much of a difference she makes out there. she works tirelessly for those kids, spends a great deal of her off hours assembling projects and activities and lessons, etc ... all while being an amazing mom to our own daughter. 

we run into her clients occasionally when we're out and about, and the reaction is always the same - they hug and embrace her so warmly, i can see the love and gratitude in their eyes - it's pretty moving. 

as far as this whole seeing clients for 2 hrs per day during all this ... well, she reminds me that she's 36, has never smoked or drank or drugged, is in great physical shape (dancer her whole life, still leads classes twice a week), so she's of the mindset that she can lick this thing if she does get infected - which i can kinda agree with - problem is passing it to me, and i am in a high risk category (older than her, and i've been smoking longer than she's been alive - along with the 5 bouts of pneumonia i've had over the past 25 years).  that's the issue for me, and why i want us all isolated for the next 2 weeks. 

now, hearing from a parent how crucial these continued services are during this period kinda helps me see her end of it better - your situation hits home in that regard ... hopefully your behavioral therapist comes available soon.   

i will forward your thoughts to her, thanks again - best wishes to you and yours!   :thumbup:

Da Guru said:

We went there this morning. There was a line so long it looked like a go kart track outlined with wood pallets. There must have been more than 150 people in line. 

We went to the Wawa down the street and grabbed a few gallons of milk. And promptly went home. 

I haven’t heard about the mail thing. Wouldn’t it be safer just to wait 3-4 days before opening
People still open mail? In all seriousness, didn't that go away years ago? I mean obviously mail is still being delivered but doesn't 95% of it just get thrown away at this point?

We get a lot of packages delivered (Amazon) and I am not quite sure how worried to be about those boxes. I just bring them in and open them, recycle the boxes, then wash my hands.

I know the manager of my local Kroger and he said  "This is crazy..there is no toilet paper shortage nor will there be.  There is no food shortage nor will there be.  We order product a month in advance so we are behind in that aspect. We restock every night but  we just can`t keep up with all the people hoarding right now."

It is funny I just got my Kroger weekly flyer.  It has basketball cupcakes, basketball this and basketball that on sale.  Also Cottonelle toilet paper on sale.

otb_lifer said:
thank you for those kind words, i feel as if i don't remind or tell her enough how proud i am of her passion and efforts, and how much of a difference she makes out there. she works tirelessly for those kids, spends a great deal of her off hours assembling projects and activities and lessons, etc ... all while being an amazing mom to our own daughter. 

we run into her clients occasionally when we're out and about, and the reaction is always the same - they hug and embrace her so warmly, i can see the love and gratitude in their eyes - it's pretty moving. 

as far as this whole seeing clients for 2 hrs per day during all this ... well, she reminds me that she's 36, has never smoked or drank or drugged, is in great physical shape (dancer her whole life, still leads classes twice a week), so she's of the mindset that she can lick this thing if she does get infected - which i can kinda agree with - problem is passing it to me, and i am in a high risk category (older than her, and i've been smoking longer than she's been alive - along with the 5 bouts of pneumonia i've had over the past 25 years).  that's the issue for me, and why i want us all isolated for the next 2 weeks. 

now, hearing from a parent how crucial these continued services are during this period kinda helps me see her end of it better - your situation hits home in that regard ... hopefully your behavioral therapist comes available soon.   

i will forward your thoughts to her, thanks again - best wishes to you and yours!   :thumbup:
OK, I'm not going to tell you what to do, but please make sure she knows that it is not just about her own health, or even yours (although that is obviously a concern as well). The more people who are out interacting with others, the more quickly the virus can spread.

But I also know that we all have to make our own decisions. For my dad's 79th birthday yesterday, he and my mom went out to dinner with another couple, also in their 70s. I would have preferred that they not do it, but I also recognized I couldn't force him to do anything, so I just asked him to promise me if the restaurant was crowded they would turn around and go somewhere else (he said it was empty). In all things, do the best you can to mitigate risk, and recognize we will never do it perfectly.

Anyway, whatever she ends up doing, I wish both of you continued good health.

I have an additive personality.  I work out 6 days a week.  I am worried with too much down time I will start drinking more out of boredom.  I can only binge watch TV for 2-3 hours tops.  
This is me basically, I am trying to get my free weights back from my son but I am really having a hard time reaching up for the bourbon right now on this three hour teleconference... Generally only drink on the weekends but going stir-crazy already.  Still basically in my first week of total WFH.  

This is me basically, I am trying to get my free weights back from my son but I am really having a hard time reaching up for the bourbon right now on this three hour teleconference... Generally only drink on the weekends but going stir-crazy already.  Still basically in my first week of total WFH.  
It is not only that.  I also help coach with my daughters VB teams.  I help out at the HS with home games.  Yester I worked out in the morning, was on call for 2-3 hours.  At 3pm I walked the dogs for an hour.  Got home and there was nothing for me to go to.  It is still too early for outside work at home.  I opened the garage fridge to get a water and a couple cases of beer were starting me in the face.  Ended up having 5-6.

It is not only that.  I also help coach with my daughters VB teams.  I help out at the HS with home games.  Yester I worked out in the morning, was on call for 2-3 hours.  At 3pm I walked the dogs for an hour.  Got home and there was nothing for me to go to.  It is still too early for outside work at home.  I opened the garage fridge to get a water and a couple cases of beer were starting me in the face.  Ended up having 5-6.
That's OK. I'm retroactively asking you to have a couple for me, so it's really like you only had 3-4.

I know the manager of my local Kroger and he said  "This is crazy..there is no toilet paper shortage nor will there be.  There is no food shortage nor will there be.  We order product a month in advance so we are behind in that aspect. We restock every night but  we just can`t keep up with all the people hoarding right now."

It is funny I just got my Kroger weekly flyer.  It has basketball cupcakes, basketball this and basketball that on sale.  Also Cottonelle toilet paper on sale.
Kroger clearly has like a two month window in advance they have completed all of that stuff(marketing materials). They had 30 packs of northern equivalent TP for 9.99 last week as well as northern on sale for like 12.99. Now cottenelle and the basketball stuff. Wife and I were just discussing this. How many thousands they missed out on.  

This isn't entirely true.  Chinese factories went down to about 15% capacity and container ships were not moving.  We're behind worldwide in shipping and receiving goods.   There may not be a shortage in that the products may exist somewhere in the world, but  in many places they aren't here to purchase or to restock adequately in the short term.

I took the dogs on a run Sunday and saw a baby shower at the neighborhood clubhouse.  Probably 50+ people.   :no:
After all ski areas in Colorado closed, and Governor says to avoid the Rocky Mountains all together...

Just yesterday my wife said she drove by at least 300 people at the two local tubing hills here in Winter Park, hanging in the lift shack, riding up tow ropes, sharing helmets/tubes.

Makes me wonder if spending so much time hunkering down with my family and trying hard to not spread the disease is futile.

Do either of you have parents nearby? Our scenario is very similar and my parents are like "we can still hang out with the kids, right" and I'm struggling with how to respond. 
Luckily no, that's a tough spot. I wouldn't allow my parents to come over but that's easy for me to say knowing they are 8 hours away. 

Our issue is that we're a split family - my wife has a son from a previous marriage and custody is shared. His dad and stepmom are not isolating to nearly the same degree as my wife and I, so it puts us in a rough spot with respect to him going back and forth between houses every 3 or 4 days. We're not willing to just not see him for the foreseeable future, but I'm also not comfortable with the level of risk they are taking in terms of visiting people and going out in public. Crazy times man. 

Users who are viewing this thread