What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Protest-RIOT Thread*** Police Officers fleeing Seattle and urban areas. (1 Viewer)

No, he didnt. He knows, he lives here like I do.
Yes he did. The police clearly did not just declare a riot because people were out at 11pm chanting slogans. 

The "i live here card" is worthless. I might respect a "i was at this very protest" card, but neither of you played that. 

Hack linked an article that referenced a "less volatile" protest. It is pretty easy to find articles that say what happened and why it was declared a riot. 

Yes he did. The police clearly did not just declare a riot because people were out at 11pm chanting slogans. 

The "i live here card" is worthless. I might respect a "i was at this very protest" card, but neither of you played that. 

Hack linked an article that referenced a "less volatile" protest. It is pretty easy to find articles that say what happened and why it was declared a riot. 
Ok, dude. You clearly have all the information. Carry on with your agenda.

It looks like a pro-Trump guy was murdered by someone with a BLM tattoo in Portland last night. Cold blooded murder. 

“We got one right here...American flag!” *Gun shots*

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1300100292558516226?s=20
Looks like your sourcing for information could use a filter as their is plenty of BS in that twitter poster. You couldn't trust anything he posts. This 'pro Trump guy' was a  far alt right goon, like the rest in the caravan. 

The leader of Patriot Prayer confirmed the name of the man who was killed as "Jay Bishop" (not his legal name), which is the Jay I was referring to earlier.

Here's a video from 2017 where he goes to great lengths to defend the actions of fellow Patriot Prayer member Jeremy Christian, who stabbed 3 men on a Portland MAX train, killing two after the victims tried to intervene in a racist and threatening tirade against two minority teens on the train. Jeremy Christian was recently sentenced to two life terms for the killings. 

Per Jay Bishop: "You're not allowed to assault people, you're not allowed to be a vigilante. It's illegal. This person was illegally arrested for self-defense. ... They deserve everything that they got, for assaulting a man."

Edit: I can't confirm that this "Jay Bishop" w/ Patriot Prayer from the above video is the same "Jay Bishop" who was killed. I've seen conflicting information on this. Maybe we'll find out eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing that is for sure at this point...If you are at one of these protests and see a dude with a skateboard next to you, it might be time to head down the way a bit. 

The leader of Patriot Prayer confirmed the name of the man who was killed as "Jay Bishop" (not his legal name), which is the Jay I was referring to earlier.

Here's a video from 2017 where he goes to great lengths to defend the actions of fellow Patriot Prayer member Jeremy Christian, who stabbed 3 men on a Portland MAX train, killing two after the victims tried to intervene in a racist and threatening tirade against two minority teens on the train. Jeremy Christian was recently sentenced to two life terms for the killings. 

Per Jay Bishop: "You're not allowed to assault people, you're not allowed to be a vigilante. It's illegal. This person was illegally arrested for self-defense. ... They deserve everything that they got, for assaulting a man."

You sure thats same guy? 

You sure thats same guy? 
Yes, I'll have to find the article I saw yesterday that confirmed he went by Jay Bishop as well, but he was identified as Aaron "Jay" Danielson, aka "Jay Bishop." I'm guessing he didn't use his legal name while making public appearances due to the inflammatory things he said, or something similar.

Edit: I have confirmed the name, but I did find a Heavy article that claims the "Jay Bishop" with Patriot Prayer who defended the MAX killer in the video is not this "Jay Bishop" -- given that we haven't seen a picture of the victim for sure, I'll retract my certainty here. It does seem highly unlikely to me that there are two "Jay Bishops" associated with Patriot Prayer within the same time frame, but I obviously can't know that for sure. I'll edit the original post as well when I'm not on my phone.

Yes, I'll have to find the article I saw yesterday that confirmed he went by Jay Bishop as well, but he was identified as Aaron "Jay" Danielson, aka "Jay Bishop." I'm guessing he didn't use his legal name while making public appearances due to the inflammatory things he said, or something similar.
It isnt same guy. 

Eta : Confusing matters, people are sharing the criminal history of a different Jay Byron Bishop who isn’t the man who died. The Bishop who defended MAX train accused stabber Jeremy Christian is not Aaron Danielson.

from heavy.com so take that fwiw, but fox hat man actually has the last name bishop. You can see it on his actual license in the story about him taking his license photo with his fox hat. He also looks much more weathered. 

These people should be all be arrested.  Driving around with your Trump flag is fine.  Paintballing and macing people is not.  

It boggles my mind that Portland is allowing this.  (Edit: I understand it's not just Portland, but this particular video clip happened to be from Portland).
Should all BLM protesters be arrested because of the actions of a few?

Should all BLM protesters be arrested because of the actions of a few?
No, of course not.  

With regard to the MAGA parade, people should be free to drive their vehicles around, fly flags, yell slogans, etc.  The first paintball bullet fired at counter-protesters should be an arrest.  The same with spraying mace at counter-protesters.  If counter-protesters are instigating things, they should be arrested too.  The violence needs to stop.

No, of course not.  

With regard to the MAGA parade, people should be free to drive their vehicles around, fly flags, yell slogans, etc.  The first paintball bullet fired at counter-protesters should be an arrest.  The same with spraying mace at counter-protesters.  If counter-protesters are instigating things, they should be arrested too.  The violence needs to stop.
Agreed. 

Shooting Paintballs and Spraying Mace at folks = arrest

Throwing hard projectiles at people / vehicles = arrest

I will say it's curious that there were quite a few videos of trucks driving with flags, but not doing any of the above, but still had their vehicles hit, had items being thrown at them, etc. It would seem folks physically blocking / attacking / throwing projectiles at BLM protests would be crucified, but it seems to be pretty acceptable to do these things to folks parading in support of the sitting President. 

To be clear, throwing things at or hitting a vehicle that's shooting paintballs is a bit more understandable... but the attacks don't seem confined to those vehicles. I haven't seen all the videos though. Disclaimer, I don't vote left or right and generally think anyone tearing #### up and attacking people are idiots. 

Another death reported in Portland during my fantasy football draft from some guy who lives there. Trying to find a source.

• Thinking
Reactions: rct
Protesters-Rioters now demanding Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler resign. Police broke a a march headed to Wheelers home last night.

So peaceful

“I am not sad that a f–king fascist died tonight,” a woman shouts into a megaphone at a BLM-Antifa gathering after a man was shot dead nearby.

“He was a f–king Nazi. Our community held its own and took out the trash.”

Says the guy who lives in Salem.  haha
Oh Salem is waaaaaay better than portland, imo.  Way more down to earth.....off the radar.....traffic isn't too bad, and I have everything I need.  What's Portland have?  Being weird?  Pretentious hipsters?  

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/2020/09/01/sheriffs-tell-off-gov.-kate-brown-in-no-uncertain-terms-over-her-plan-to-deal-with-portland-riots/

Here’s Sheriff Roberts of Clackamas County:

Had Governor Brown discussed her plan with my office, I would have told her it’s about changing policy not adding resources. Increasing law enforcement resources in Portland will not solve the nightly violence and now, murder. The only way to make Portland safe again, is to support a policy that holds offenders accountable for their destruction and violence. That will require the DA to charge offenders appropriately and a decision by the Multnomah County Presiding Judge not to allow offenders released on their own recognizance, and instead require bail with conditions. The same offenders are arrested night after night, only to be released by the court and not charged with a crime by the DA’s Office. The next night they are back at it, endangering the lives of law enforcement and the community all over again.

For all of us in law enforcement, keeping our community safe is our first priority. Had Governor Brown asked me, I would have told her that no amount of human resources will stop the “cycle of violence” (her term) that is making Portland unsafe. For that to occur, the criminal justice system will need do its part and hold offenders accountable.

No one is for these ####ers that are blowing #### up every night. If they are truly arresting the same dudes over and over again only to release them that is pretty absurd. Can't see the argument for that being the way to handle this.

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/2020/09/01/sheriffs-tell-off-gov.-kate-brown-in-no-uncertain-terms-over-her-plan-to-deal-with-portland-riots/

Here’s Sheriff Roberts of Clackamas County:

Had Governor Brown discussed her plan with my office, I would have told her it’s about changing policy not adding resources. Increasing law enforcement resources in Portland will not solve the nightly violence and now, murder. The only way to make Portland safe again, is to support a policy that holds offenders accountable for their destruction and violence. That will require the DA to charge offenders appropriately and a decision by the Multnomah County Presiding Judge not to allow offenders released on their own recognizance, and instead require bail with conditions. The same offenders are arrested night after night, only to be released by the court and not charged with a crime by the DA’s Office. The next night they are back at it, endangering the lives of law enforcement and the community all over again.

For all of us in law enforcement, keeping our community safe is our first priority. Had Governor Brown asked me, I would have told her that no amount of human resources will stop the “cycle of violence” (her term) that is making Portland unsafe. For that to occur, the criminal justice system will need do its part and hold offenders accountable.
Hmmm.......so why would the bad apples be arrested and let go without being charged?   Who wants to keep this going?  Why?

• Thinking
No one is for these ####ers that are blowing #### up every night. If they are truly arresting the same dudes over and over again only to release them that is pretty absurd. Can't see the argument for that being the way to handle this.
Paging deblasio for no cash bail reform..  a good friend is chief of police for an urban city here in Connecticut.  The cops don’t bother arresting people for minor offenses because they know perp will be back on the streets in little time.  

@urbanhack I forgot about the Blazers.   Portland does have  Rip City........A small market NBA team that can't compete for a title......yet all the sports media outlets around here are always ridiculously unrealistic about the Blazers chances every season.

Portland is a hot steaming mess right now. 
So they are equating Patriot Prayer to Nazi's?  Our illustrious governor pretty much called them white supremacists!......I'm embarrassed as an Oregonian.....Portland is a hole, and our governor is the worst

• Thinking
What we need to understand now is that these protests and riots have nothing to do with George Floyd or BLM anymore. I have heard people say it is "The hatred of the USA"  I don`t think it is even that.   It is not a race riot like the 60s as the majority of the rioters and protesters and people destroying property are white now. It is the dislike of civilized order.  It is the haves vs the have nots.  As many of the Antifa are disenchanted young whites with nothing going on in their lives. now they have some kind of purpose be it misguided. 

It has turned into a battle against the establishment.  Civilization vs Anarchy. But it can`t even be called a battle as we only have one active side right now as law enforcement for the most part is standing down and the rioters know this.

It can`t be a Blue-Red issue anymore either as many of the worst places of lawlessness and destruction have blue mayors and black police chiefs and they are helpless to stop what is going on. 

It is either going to get worse or has to be stopped.  Right now not sure what direction it will go.

What we need to understand now is that these protests and riots have nothing to do with George Floyd or BLM anymore. I have heard people say it is "The hatred of the USA"  I don`t think it is even that.   It is not a race riot like the 60s as the majority of the rioters and protesters and people destroying property are white now. It is the dislike of civilized order.  It is the haves vs the have nots.  As many of the Antifa are disenchanted young whites with nothing going on in their lives. now they have some kind of purpose be it misguided. 

It has turned into a battle against the establishment.  Civilization vs Anarchy. But it can`t even be called a battle as we only have one active side right now as law enforcement for the most part is standing down and the rioters know this.

It can`t be a Blue-Red issue anymore either as many of the worst places of lawlessness and destruction have blue mayors and black police chiefs and they are helpless to stop what is going on. 

It is either going to get worse or has to be stopped.  Right now not sure what direction it will go.
So the makeup of the violent aspect in Portland is disaffected white youths with low prospects? Male presumably, under 30? Are they local to Portland? It's interesting because it keeps basically being Portland and then whatever other city/town an incident happens. 

So the makeup of the violent aspect in Portland is disaffected white youths with low prospects? Male presumably, under 30? Are they local to Portland? It's interesting because it keeps basically being Portland and then whatever other city/town an incident happens. 
I never mentioned Portland specifically. It has turned into a battle of those who want to preserve a civil society and those who want to destroy it.  As we have been watching what has been going on all summer the line between a civil society and anarchy is much thinner and fragile than we all realized.  It is either going to get worse or it has to stop.  There is no middle here.

If you watch the ideological subversion video right now we are close to being in a state of normalization. Where we get used to what is going on around us as normal behavior.  That is the final stage.

Genius dude here caught with fireworks, smoke grenades, and a flamethrower.  All for self-defense, of course.

I guess in Green Bay there is a desperate fear among protesters of dug in pillboxes that have to be cleared?   :lmao:

I never mentioned Portland specifically. It has turned into a battle of those who want to preserve a civil society and those who want to destroy it.  As we have been watching what has been going on all summer the line between a civil society and anarchy is much thinner and fragile than we all realized.  It is either going to get worse or it has to stop.  There is no middle here.

If you watch the ideological subversion video right now we are close to being in a state of normalization. Where we get used to what is going on around us as normal behavior.  That is the final stage.
I see your point on the battle and the "why" around it. I bring up Portland specifically because that's where these protests seem to be occurring regularly. There's like 49 other states and countless other cities. Reaction to the shooting in Kenosha, for example. Things will wind down there. But they don't seem to wind down in Portland. Why is that? I have no idea that's why I asked those questions.

I see your point on the battle and the "why" around it. I bring up Portland specifically because that's where these protests seem to be occurring regularly. There's like 49 other states and countless other cities. Reaction to the shooting in Kenosha, for example. Things will wind down there. But they don't seem to wind down in Portland. Why is that? I have no idea that's why I asked those questions.
I have no idea.  It is bizarre considering Portland has a lower police brutality record, and a lower crime rate compared to other large cities. Out of the top 75 largest cities Portland is down around the mid 60s ranking for police brutality.  Since the James killing in 2003 40 people have been killed by Portland police or a little over 2 a year.   8 have been black.  28 have been white and 4 Hispanic. That falls pretty much in line with the population of Portland.

So there has to be other factions coming into play.  Trying to burn federal buildings, trying to set fire to police meeting halls. Throwing rocks and bottles at police that are protecting the city. That can`t be the people who live in the city causing these problems for the city.

I have no idea.  It is bizarre considering Portland has a lower police brutality record, and a lower crime rate compared to other large cities. Out of the top 75 largest cities Portland is down around the mid 60s ranking for police brutality.  Since the James killing in 2003 40 people have been killed by Portland police or a little over 2 a year.   8 have been black.  28 have been white and 4 Hispanic. That falls pretty much in line with the population of Portland.

So there has to be other factions coming into play.  Trying to burn federal buildings, trying to set fire to police meeting halls. Throwing rocks and bottles at police that are protecting the city. That can`t be the people who live in the city causing these problems for the city.
Agree, that's why one of my questions was on whether they are local to Portland. Who are these people, what do they really want to accomplish, etc. I know the easy answer from one interested perspective is "they are leftist libs who want to riot and loot our cities!!!" but they don't represent what someone like Joe Biden is talking about at all, or really anyone that I've ever heard. It's bizarre.

The notion of preserving the civil society vs. anarchy that you raise, like who the heck is talking about that anywhere except Portland? If they're basically an outlier then it's counter-productive to use them as some kind of example, which it seems like many are eager to do. The thread title is about Portland, just as an example. Ok, where else? Not the BLM flare-ups, those all wind down and go away. Always Portland though.  

I keep seeing tons of local Portland people taking pictures of everywhere else in the city and trying to show people outside of the city that they're being sold a bag of goods on the whole thing as well. "But Portland though!" is starting to get old and frankly kind of suspicious. 

Agree, that's why one of my questions was on whether they are local to Portland. Who are these people, what do they really want to accomplish, etc. I know the easy answer from one interested perspective is "they are leftist libs who want to riot and loot our cities!!!" but they don't represent what someone like Joe Biden is talking about at all, or really anyone that I've ever heard. It's bizarre.

The notion of preserving the civil society vs. anarchy that you raise, like who the heck is talking about that anywhere except Portland? If they're basically an outlier then it's counter-productive to use them as some kind of example, which it seems like many are eager to do. The thread title is about Portland, just as an example. Ok, where else? Not the BLM flare-ups, those all wind down and go away. Always Portland though.  

I keep seeing tons of local Portland people taking pictures of everywhere else in the city and trying to show people outside of the city that they're being sold a bag of goods on the whole thing as well. "But Portland though!" is starting to get old and frankly kind of suspicious. 
I agree and have no idea why they are approaching 100 straight nights of this in Portland.  It is an election year so everything is suspicious on both sides. I don`t trust any of them.  

I agree and have no idea why they are approaching 100 straight nights of this in Portland.  It is an election year so everything is suspicious on both sides. I don`t trust any of them.
Exactly. And thanks for talking it out a bit. I'm not well-versed on Portland specifically, and the whole thing seems like a distraction for political talking points. That's unfortunate, IMO.

Then posting that as the story would have been better than how it was posted, no?
I went back and read it again, I didn't get an inference to vigilante justice.   I assumed "they" referred to the US Marshals in this case.  What other they would there be?

Users who are viewing this thread