What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tooth Veneers - Crowns (1 Viewer)

Johnny Rock

Footballguy
Paging @Dentist or others with personal experience.

I did find one other thread where Dentist was talking veneers but it was years ago and didn’t apply exactly.

I have a chipped front tooth. When this happened my dentist said he could fix it but it could happen again due to misalignment, etc. So I decided to get braces at age 50 and do it right with a plan for veneers later.

Now it’s 2+ years later; the braces are off and everything looks great. It’s time to fix the tooth.

1) Is doing porcelain veneers on just the front two teeth okay cosmetically, or will the color difference be obvious? How about over the years ahead?

2) My dentist is saying if I do all six top front teeth they will all be the same color  but if I do only two or four now and more are done later it will be harder to match color.

3) He’s quoting his usual crown cost, which is $1,350 per tooth. Are veneers usually less than crowns or since it’s the same process, same price?

Thoughts on best course of action for the long-term? 

I have two veneers on my bottom front teeth from chipping them both.  Dentist was able to match them to my other teeth.  You can't even tell and a huge improvement over the chipped teeth.  Seems like a bit much to do all six front teeth.  

Been told the same but don't do it till they pose another issue as that can often wind you up needing an implant.  Curious to dentist thought on this.  

I finally did veneers on my 4 top front teeth to permanently fix one of my front teeth that I cracked as a kid.  I'd been having the tooth bonded and fixed for years, but finally decided to put the money into veneers to be done with it.  My dentist recommended to do the front 4 teeth to keep them matched and then did some cosmetic bonding on the next two teeth to complete the fill to the veneers.  She recommended this path instead of doing all front 6 to not spend as much money.

Process of getting it done SUCKED.  You get temporaries while they are making the veneers, and must have knocked off on of the temps 4 or 5 times in that month, and then have to re-glue yourself or head into the dentist.  Once it was all over, however, I've been REALLY happy with them.  They look great, and feel good.

I can't imagine having only done 2 of them and trying to "match" them to the rest of your teeth, having the front 4 done I though really worked well.

Users who are viewing this thread