What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Stock Market under Joe Biden things are looking down! (2 Viewers)

If you can’t understand that a President can enact policies, like monster stimulus packages, that impact the markets I’m not sure what to tell you.  :lmao:
I didn't say POTUS has no influence.  I said very little.

Over the short term?  Sure, bigger impact depending on certain decisions, such as a stimulus.

Over the long term, which is how the market is viewed for many?  Minimal effect.

Of course not.  That would require actually reading it and then admitting to being mistaken.
Sorry you can’t ever own when you are wrong. I’ll leave you with another example that would significantly impact markets....although many would be surprised if Biden all of the sudden starts getting his agenda accomplished in DC after decades of not much. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/09/21/bidens-capital-gains-tax-hike-may-big-sell-off-in-stocks-.html

He agreed with you and posted an article about how the market has performed under different administrations.  Too bad you can’t be bothered to read it.  
Too bad you have to swoop to the rescue with more deflection to an article about President’s from decades ago instead of the immediate example I gave of $1.9 Trillion stimulus....which will significantly impact markets. Again, thanks for board cop schtick but let’s not. 

In one post you saY the president doesn’t matter then the very next post you link this article.  Well it’s must be pure luck because you believe presidents have little impact on market - right?   Imo as long as interest rates are near zero and the feds are pumping huge amounts of money into economy, the market should do very well.  
Exactly. Just because the market has done better under Democratic Presidents since they've looked at it doesn't mean the market has done better BECAUSE of Democrats.  If you read that article (and others), you'll see many say the same thing.

Same way I don't think the record high in the market today is thanks to Biden. We would have eventually gotten to this number no matter who is in office. So while a POTUS can have some influence from day to day, the bigger picture has very little to do with him and much more to do with general economic cycles and how they respond to a myriad of factors.

Exactly. Just because the market has done better under Democratic Presidents since they've looked at it doesn't mean the market has done better BECAUSE of Democrats.  If you read that article (and others), you'll see many say the same thing.

Same way I don't think the record high in the market today is thanks to Biden. We would have eventually gotten to this number no matter who is in office. So while a POTUS can have some influence from day to day, the bigger picture has very little to do with him and much more to do with general economic cycles and how they respond to a myriad of factors.
Come on don’t sell Joe short.  :lmao:

Another banner day under Joe’s watch.  :coffee: Hopefully all the sellers got back in in December. Missing out on the rocket ship. 
He’s actually lowered the trajectory if you look a the charts. I think 2022 should be the rocket ship if he stays out if the way. 

Last edited by a moderator:
He’s actually lowered the trajectory if you look a the charts. I think 2022 should be the rocket ship if he stays out if the way. 
Money put on the sidelines Nov 4 would have been much better put back in Nov 5.

Always a struggle of when to trim and build the reserves, but it’s been a great couple months to have the cash deployed!

But the economy has retracted and still in very poor shape yet market at all time high -why?  

Money put on the sidelines Nov 4 would have been much better put back in Nov 5.

Always a struggle of when to trim and build the reserves, but it’s been a great couple months to have the cash deployed!
I try to stay long overall and trim some here and there. Hope you were in well before a couple months ago!

I try to stay long overall and trim some here and there. Hope you were in well before a couple months ago!
Pretty much the same. Always dumping money in there every 2 weeks. Don’t try to do too much timing, more trimming and reallocation. 

You came here to dazzle us with this knowledge?   Seems like you're in the wrong thread and 4 years or so too late. 

Too bad you have to swoop to the rescue with more deflection to an article about President’s from decades ago instead of the immediate example I gave of $1.9 Trillion stimulus....which will significantly impact markets. Again, thanks for board cop schtick but let’s not. 
Ahhh, “board cop shtick.”  I notice you only use that phrase when you can’t address or combat comments directed toward you.  Congrats on that.

But the economy has retracted and still in very poor shape yet market at all time high -why?  
Trillions sloshing around.  

I can't wait to see what all this money injected into the system does to wealth inequality.  Right now it's absolutely exploding.  If this printing largesse continues Joe may set a record for inequality increase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trillions sloshing around.  

I can't wait to see what all this money injected into the system does to wealth inequality.  Right now it's absolutely exploding.  If this printing largesse continues Joe may set a record for inequality increase.
Yep, should provide amazing steroids for the market but the gap is going to levels never seen before. Joe was going to fix that I thought? 

Because "the economy" and "the stock market" have virtually nothing to do with each other.  This was or will be true during the Obama years, during the Trump years, and during the Biden years.
That’s my point, while the economy is very important the federal government has numerous levers they can pull to sway the markets.   The president has a part of which levers to pull and when.  

Yep, should provide amazing steroids for the market but the gap is going to levels never seen before. Joe was going to fix that I thought? 
The amnesia.  :lmao: .  "Guts to take on wall street."   "Fix wealth inequality."

Biden gets elected and they come right out about how the stock market is so awesome under Democrats.  lolz. 

How many people in the US even have a 401k¿!!? 1!!

The amnesia.  :lmao: .  "Guts to take on wall street."   "Fix wealth inequality."

Biden gets elected and they come right out about how the stock market is so awesome under Democrats.  lolz. 

How many people in the US even have a 401k¿!!? 1!!
Their desperation to defend their side at all costs is amazing to watch. 

We've lost 465,000 Americans to Covid in less than a year.  I am curious, how many of these deaths left an inheritance to heirs?  Heirs that weren't expecting a sudden windfall this soon.  Could that money be finding its way into the markets?  

I don't really know how that works yet, fortunately.  Old man still hanging on strong.    :thumbup:

The market and economy health seem to be widely unattached more and more these days. A huge reckoning will come at some point, followed by it going up again.
It's kind of gross how detached they are. Watching people gamble on prospective Covid treatments really opened my eyes to the disconnect. 

While I want people to prosper financially, there's no way things can remain propped up forever. Too many jobs and businesses have been lost to the pandemic.

It's kind of gross how detached they are. Watching people gamble on prospective Covid treatments really opened my eyes to the disconnect. 

While I want people to prosper financially, there's no way things can remain propped up forever. Too many jobs and businesses have been lost to the pandemic.
Yes. For stock advice the thread in the main forum has some good stuff. For months now everything goes up so everyone thinks they are Warren Buffet. It goes up, it goes down, it eventually always goes up again because people have no other place to put their money. 

:lol:  It’s ok to relax.

The markets are going to go up, they are going to go down, they will eventually always go up. 
Only in the PSF do you get spinners trying to spike the ball on flat/down days cuz sleepy Joe.  :lmao:

Always good for a laugh. 

Only in the PSF do you get spinners trying to spike the ball on flat/down days cuz sleepy Joe.  :lmao:

Always good for a laugh. 
I think I am doing the opposite of this.

Very serious business in the Biden Stock Market thread I see. Just as the Trump Stock Market thread was.

Users who are viewing this thread