What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Music You've Discovered During Covid? (1 Viewer)

A bunch of solo Beatles songs thanks to @krista4.

A bunch of other stuff thanks to the people in the jukebox draft, the Genrepalooza channels draft and the Summerpalooza fantasy league. 

The music draft nerds unintentionally got me to add a library full of covers and intentionally got me to finally listen to Spoon. I thank them all for both. 

Kikagaku Moyo.  Listening to Jam band music got it on my feed somehow.  They're basically a Japanese Jam Band.  Or Japanese acid rock.  

It was good for doing puzzles for a hour or two.  They're legit though.  

Futurebirds scratch me everywhere I itch.  Glorious southern rock with nice harmony on the vocals.  

Have become a giant fan of Car Seat Headrest too.  Kid reminds me of a young Beck.

And I've probably played Taylor Swift's new album start to finish 100 times.  :wub:

i have been listening to a lot of sara jarosz she has a new album and hometown is a pretty good little diddy that keeps me going on my walks and rides and ive also gotten into mandolin orange i like thier stuff in generally but especially wolves and turtldove and the crow take that to the bank bromigos 

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time Monday Night Football goes to commercial, the song that plays is pretty darn catchy but I never took the time to ask Siri who it is, etc..  My 9 year old daughter was hanging out with me watching MNF last week and starts singing along word for word, and I'm like "whaaaaaaa".  So she goes to her Amazon playlist to confirm that it's The Weekend's Blinding Lights.  

So I think I'll be checking more of that dude out.  I know that he had/has a crazy hairstyle but that's about it.  *shakes fist at cloud*

Working from home has its benefits, but mostly I'm seeking music that provides good background vibe and I'm not actively listening.  Two nice finds for this year are: 

Nation of Language - Introduction, Presence (thanks to music thread)

Taylor Swift  - folklore

Older Molly Tuttle and We Were Promised Jetpacks are also 'new to me' this year. 

Futurebirds scratch me everywhere I itch.  Glorious southern rock with nice harmony on the vocals.  

Have become a giant fan of Car Seat Headrest too.  Kid reminds me of a young Beck.

And I've probably played Taylor Swift's new album start to finish 100 times.  :wub:
Finally gave Futurebirds a spin yesterday...they'll be in regular rotation now.   :thumbup:

You must have mentioned Radiodread before as Youtube showed I was 65% through it. You certainly have an eclectic palette. 
that might have been a function of my link. i'm messy that way

i wouldnt have happened on it if RedLong wasnt such a fan of the style. dub works great as the bright, acidic garnish to a stew you've already had twice this week

Every time Monday Night Football goes to commercial, the song that plays is pretty darn catchy but I never took the time to ask Siri who it is, etc..  My 9 year old daughter was hanging out with me watching MNF last week and starts singing along word for word, and I'm like "whaaaaaaa".  So she goes to her Amazon playlist to confirm that it's The Weekend's Blinding Lights.  

So I think I'll be checking more of that dude out.  I know that he had/has a crazy hairstyle but that's about it.  *shakes fist at cloud*
Great tune. He is a super talented guy that gets lost in the get off my lawn your music sucks people

I haven't been into any new people and definitely lost on the hip hop scene for the last 20 years but threw Luke Cage on from Netflix (amazing soundtrack BTW) and this one episode had a dude rapping and I was blown away (maybe he is huge and I am oblivious) but wow...amazing. He sounded so raw and lyrically talented. Super impressed. 

Easily my newest old favorite song of the year

Jidenna - Long Live the Chief

Luke Cage ep

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fkQUFXMhIA4

Official Video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H_AQFnqMY3E

Last edited by a moderator:
At the beginning of COVID it was “The sound of Silence”.  

Mid-way though it was “Love, Hate, Love” .  

Now it’s I just I wanna party like it’s “1999”. 

London Grammar Slow tune with great (imho) female vocals.  Looking at you, Alanis Morissette topic.

KEXP has some great vids out there..

Fleet Foxes new band to me. This is the best one I've found so far.
Not sure if you were already familiar with London Grammat, but if you haven’t found it already Nightcall is awesome.  Some good uptempo remixes of it available too.

I stumbled on Ife a few months ago, they have a handful of song I like, that one probably my favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread