What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would You Rather? (Dynasty PPR RB Edition) (1 Viewer)

D’Andre Swift or Clyde Edwards-Helaire?

• D’Andre Swift

Votes: 82 71.9%
  • Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Votes: 32 28.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

socrates

Footballguy
Which PPR RB would you rather have on your dynasty team?  I thought it might be good to conduct an end-of-the-season price check.  Feel free to add your own.

James Robinson or Jonathan Taylor?

Aaron Jones or Dalvin Cook?

Nick Chubb or David Montgomery?

Ezekiel Elliott or Derrick Henry?

Miles Sanders or Josh Jacobs?

JK Dobbins or Antonio Gibson?

Last edited by a moderator:
Which PPR RB would you rather have on your dynasty team?  I thought it might be good to conduct an end-of-the-season price check.  Feel free to add your own.

James Robinson or Jonathan Taylor? Taylor because he's got draft capital, is fine receiving the ball, and was only a few spots off of James Robinson this year with limited usage.

D’Andre Swift or Clyde Edwards-Helaire? Swift just has way more talent overall.

Aaron Jones or Dalvin Cook? Cook because Jones is dinged just as much and situation and volume are totally there.

Nick Chubb or David Montgomery? Chubb because I'm not a believer in Montgomery though he came on strong and is involved in the passing game..

Ezekiel Elliott or Derrick Henry? Henry simply based on rushing performance the past two years

Miles Sanders or Josh Jacobs? Sanders is the more explosive back. Jacobs is volume-dependent. Whether Sanders ever gets the volume is the question. New coaching staff likely.

JK Dobbins or Antonio Gibson? Dead heat. Gibson for receiving purposes. Dobbins is the better runner. It all depends on too many variables to say. Right now, Gibson looks to be the play.
There ya go. My opinion.

How about this one?

Zack Moss or AJ Dillon?

I realize Dillon is coming off of a tremendous performance, but is it expected the Packers will allow Aaron Rodgers Jones to leave?  Moss disappointed a bit this season, but Singletary is not too much of an obstacle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Straight in agreement with you on the one's you chose and I'd go Gibson over Dobbins because I think his passing game usage offers more upside.
Especially with Dobbins in Baltimore paired with Jackson, who doesn't check down, but simply gallops off for another twenty yard gain. Hard to argue with but bad for fantasy PPR running backs.

How about this one?

Zack Moss or AJ Dillon?

I realize Dillon is coming off of a tremendous performance, but is it expected the Packers will allow Aaron Rodgers to leave?  Moss disappointed a bit this season, but Singletary is not too much of an obstacle.
Just on hope they let Aaron Jones leave I'd take Dillon right now but should they keep Jones I'd wish I'd have taken Moss.

James Robinson or Jonathan Taylor? It's close but given the ephemeral nature of RBs and riding them while they're young and hot (not unlike the Zeke argument being made in his decline thread), I think I like the outlook for a Trevor Lawrence led offense more than a post-Rivers one. Today. But it's nearly a coin flip. 

D’Andre Swift or Clyde Edwards-Helaire? I have to go with the upside of the KC offense but it's closer than I would have guessed at the beginning of the season. 

Aaron Jones or Dalvin Cook? I own zero shares and have Jones in many spots and still love him. But Cook for sure. Probably can't flip Jones either.

Nick Chubb or David Montgomery? He is just better and so are the Browns. 

Ezekiel Elliott or Derrick Henry? Lol at this one

Miles Sanders or Josh Jacobs? I think so anyway. Probably more of a market for him than Jacobs just a guess though. 

I love Dobbins but Gibson is the one that can get 20 carries and 5 catches per game. Maybe he will maybe he won't but Dobbins probably can't get there.

Taylor>Robinson, I think he's more talented, and has a better coaching staff and OL. The only point in Robinson's favor is likely Trevor Lawrence, but even with him, how long until the Jags offense is better than the Colts? The answer might be 2021.

Swift>>>CEH, a much more talented player, and much more likely to have his offense run through him. I've never been a huge CEH fan, and I kinda think he's a career RBBC guy.

Cook>>>Jones, Cook is in a perfect situation for RB production, where as we have no idea where Jones will be after this season, and I think there is some question as to whether he'll be as effective with more work than Green Bay gives him.

Chubb>Montgomery, pretty much everything that could have went Montgomery's way did. Cohen will be back next year to take receiving work, and Cleveland seems like an offense on the rise. Also, Chubb is arguably the most talented RB in the NFL, where as Montgomery is an ok starter, in a plum role, that said, Hunt isn't going away.

Henry>>>Elliott, better player, better situation, more important to his team. 

Jacobs>>>Sanders, I'm not a Sanders fan at all, I think Jacobs is a far superior talent, and I'm not sure Sanders is anything more than a RBBC guy. 

Gibson>>>Dobbins, Gibson was so impressive on an offense with very little going for it. For a guy who was a raw project of a RB, he sure looked like a star. I like Dobbins, but Jackson doesn't check down, and also steals TD's. Gibson has a higher ceiling and a higher floor in my opinion.

Dillon>>>Moss, I think Moss is a better player than Dillon, but Dillon is in a better situation(assuming Jones leaves as expected) and has a QB that checks down, and doesn't steal TDs. 

Just on hope they let Aaron Jones leave I'd take Dillon right now but should they keep Jones I'd wish I'd have taken Moss.
I see I said Aaron Rodgers rather than Aaron Jones.  Either leaving would be significant, but I meant to say Aaron Jones.  Up until a week ago, I might have said Moss, but a Dillon looked impressive.

Would have liked to see Chubb vs Henry. Similar enough players. I'm taking Henry but could see Chubb do better over the next 5 years. 

I just don't see Monty as close to Chubb.

How about ekeler vs Kareem hunt?

Would have liked to see Chubb vs Henry. Similar enough players. I'm taking Henry but could see Chubb do better over the next 5 years. 

I just don't see Monty as close to Chubb.

How about ekeler vs Kareem hunt?
Perhaps I put too much stock in Montgomery's late-season success.  I consider Chubb one of the elite RBs, but for fantasy, his value takes a bit of a hit with the Kareem Hunt platoon.  Still, I would take him over either Montgomery or Henry.

Ekeler and Hunt are both valuable PPR assets, and while I believe Hunt could be the more valuable of the two if he were a true lead back, his situation is not ideal for consistent weekly fantasy production.  Give me Ekeler.

I'll take ekeler over everybody else mentioned do far except cook. I don't think we've seen his best yet. 

Ekeler is AFC kamara in my opinion. They are similar players, with similar talents, but I'd even prefer ekeler over him too. He was RB4, and RB7 per game the last 2 years. He doesn't have much mileage, and is in an offense likely to only get better.

Best buy low of the off-season in my eyes, assuming Barkley owners aren't selling, as they already waited this long.

I'll take ekeler over everybody else mentioned do far except cook. I don't think we've seen his best yet. 

Ekeler is AFC kamara in my opinion. They are similar players, with similar talents, but I'd even prefer ekeler over him too. He was RB4, and RB7 per game the last 2 years. He doesn't have much mileage, and is in an offense likely to only get better.

Best buy low of the off-season in my eyes, assuming Barkley owners aren't selling, as they already waited this long.
Sacré bleu, Ekeler over Kamara?  I love me some Ekeler, but not nearly that much!  I do agree he is a dynasty buy this off-season.

Straight in agreement with you on the one's you chose and I'd go Gibson over Dobbins because I think his passing game usage offers more upside.
Especially with Dobbins in Baltimore paired with Jackson, who doesn't check down, but simply gallops off for another twenty yard gain. Hard to argue with but bad for fantasy PPR running backs.

Best buy low of the off-season in my eyes
Interesting take here. Would love to roster Ekeler, but don't anywhere. How exactly buy low do you think he is?

Zack Moss or AJ Dillon?

Austin Ekeler or Kareem Hunt?
Just going with my gut on these.

Sacré bleu, Ekeler over Kamara?  I love me some Ekeler, but not nearly that much!  I do agree he is a dynasty buy this off-season.
If Brees is gone, I don't see Kamara being an 80-catch guy, which was my only issue with Ekeler coming into this year with Tyrod. Herbert has proven he'll absolutely feature Ekeler in the passing game.

Interesting take here. Would love to roster Ekeler, but don't anywhere. How exactly buy low do you think he is?
I think Ekeler is a top-5 RB. 2 1st rounders is something I'd offer for him. In a startup, I think he's a 1st round pick. I'm expecting production somewhere between what Kamara and Aaron Jones did in 2020. Same idea though, where he maybe doesn't have as many touches as a Dalvin Cook or Derrick Henry, but he gets the most valuable ones, and does a lot with the ones he gets.

JT

Swift

Cook

Chubb

Henry

Sanders

Gibson very close over Dobbins

I’m curious where Najee, Javonte, and Etienne and other spot in here. I think Najee is top 15, Javonte, close behind, Etienne top 25. Not sure who else will break into top 25 if anyone. 

Users who are viewing this thread