What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (16 Viewers)

Sounds like Daboll to the Chargers is gonna happen.  Also Riley probably staying at Oklahoma.  I want no part of Deuce.  So what's left here?

Brady- 31 yrs old- Offense
Staley- 38 yrs old- Defense
Bieniemy- 51 yrs old- Offense

I thought Bieniemy would be a home run but I am really really warming up to a young guy like Staley or Brady.

Report: Eagles to interview Rams DC Brandon Staley for vacant HC job

Doug Pederson reportedly drawing interest for the Seahawks’ offensive coordinator job
Caroll fired Schotty apparently cause he wasn't running the ball enough. If Doug didn't run here enough I don't see him last a year under Pete. Also I'd hate to see Doug there as he's too good for those cheap shots slime balls there. 

Deamon said:
Sounds like Daboll to the Chargers is gonna happen.  Also Riley probably staying at Oklahoma.  I want no part of Deuce.  So what's left here?

I thought Bieniemy would be a home run but I am really really warming up to a young guy like Staley or Brady.
Duce

Deamon said:

Kafka and Moore are young as well and both offense. 

I know the Moore thing has been mainly thought of as information gathering, however, if we do really have a meddling owner and controlling GM than why not him? He comes from the same environment already

Insein said:
I can see that for Doug. I think he'll do better just being an OC for awhile. He can perfect his offense without having to do HC things like managing egos, doing press conferences, answering to the owner and GM. He can just focus on offense.
The OC stuff seems to be all he enjoyed doing honestly.  Would be funny to see Pete Carroll lose it when Doug forgets to run the ball in the 2nd half every week too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom Hagen said:
No one comes out looking good there. I don't think there is any choice but to try to fix Wentz, but it's going to come down to whether Taylor didn't coach him hard enough or if Wentz just refuses to be coached or be held accountable.
This.  It’s really a career crossroads for Wentz this offseason.

Bigboy10182000 said:
Staley seems pretty intriguing:

- Young (38)
- Former LB and secondary coach
- Known for making it hard for QBs with aggressive pass rush, hybrid personnel, and coverage variations

He beat lymphoma 14 years ago. Hard not to root for him.

Brandon Staley, who has met w/Jets and Chargers (and possibly Lions to come) would bring a very strong staff of rising coaches, I'm told, including Texans DC Anthony Weaver, Colts DB coach Jonathan Gannon (great work with that secondary) and Bears DL coach Jay Rodgers (former QB)

Texans coaching candidate Brandon Staley a master of disguises
This is the kind of defense I would love to see us run, but I really worry about Staley and Brady with how little experience they have.  Not so much the age but only having had positions of responsibility in the NFL for a year each.

Deer GOD ABSOLUTELY NO!!!!! I appreciate Josh for drafting Tebow (despite very early) and giving the dude a chance but the dude is a godawful coach. I had a Den fan on the old Phillies board who couldn't stand this guy and he was god awful. 

Adam Schefter via Bo Wulf is reporting that Patriots star offensive coordinator, Josh McDaniels, will interview for the vacant head coaching job on Sunday.

This is the kind of defense I would love to see us run, but I really worry about Staley and Brady with how little experience they have.  Not so much the age but only having had positions of responsibility in the NFL for a year each.
Brady was an OC Assistant for the Saints for a year prior to taking the OC job at LSU. 

Maybe ya, but we might not compete next year anyways, let him get a year under his belt and he'll be caught up.

Who are you hoping for?

Deer GOD ABSOLUTELY NO!!!!! I appreciate Josh for drafting Tebow (despite very early) and giving the dude a chance but the dude is a godawful coach. I had a Den fan on the old Phillies board who couldn't stand this guy and he was god awful. 

Adam Schefter via Bo Wulf is reporting that Patriots star offensive coordinator, Josh McDaniels, will interview for the vacant head coaching job on Sunday.
Agree, I would rather have literally anybody than Josh McDaniels.  He’s had no success without the best HC and QB of all time and based on what happened with the Colts job, he has no integrity either.

Hard pass.

Maybe ya, but we might not compete next year anyways, let him get a year under his belt and he'll be caught up.

Who are you hoping for?
I honestly have no idea🤣  I gave up years ago thinking I could predict who would be a good HC and who wouldn’t.  I now know I don’t want McDaniels though.  He seems like a guy who would fail Lurie’s “emotional intelligence” thing though.

I’m not down on Brady or Staley, they may turn out to be great and I guess it’s better to swing for the fence on a big choice like this.  You might as well be bad as be average, then try again.

I’d be most comfortable with Daboll though, mostly because I like his background and how he seems to have grown both scheme wise and in how he handles players over the years.

There’s a great piece on him in The Athletic if you have a sub to that.

I agree with this as well. Guess it just depends on how well they interview and what kind of staff they can assemble. 

Hey, you want someone who’s gonna be hard on the QB, this is the guy. 

I agree with this as well. Guess it just depends on how well they interview and what kind of staff they can assemble. 

Hey, you want someone who’s gonna be hard on the QB, this is the guy. 
OC maybe but not HC. I think he's got some good offensive ideas he's just a terrible HC. 

Chiefs signed Prince Tega Wanagho to their practice squad. 

Wanagho was the Eagles' sixth-round pick. The Eagles didn't sign him to a futures contract after the season.

He’s had no success without the best HC and QB of all time
Not entirely true. He had that 10-6 year with Cassel when Brady was hurt. 

Im not advocating for him but maybe he’s learned since the first disaster 10 years ago. 

Like 7 of the last 10 Super Bowl winning coaches were retreads and if he was the HC he’d be the only one hired with previous HC’ing experience. 

Not entirely true. He had that 10-6 year with Cassel when Brady was hurt. 

Im not advocating for him but maybe he’s learned since the first disaster 10 years ago. 

Like 7 of the last 10 Super Bowl winning coaches were retreads and if he was the HC he’d be the only one hired with previous HC’ing experience. 
All those retreads were at least somewhat successful their first time around. Reid and Coughlin had been very successful and Belichick and Kubiak had mixed results but at least one very good year. 

McDaniels was fired before the end of Year 2 with a 39% win rate. And he still had Belichick that yr without Brady. 

Deer god

Bigboy10182000 said:
Correct. He 100% embellishes things and has done so for years. He’s been called out by a few coaches, Howie, the team and even ends up in issues with other writers. I think it was Chip who referred to him as a tabloid journalist. I’m sure there’s some truth but he’s that guy from the Wire in the press room lol

DJackson10 said:
McLane isn't liked by anyone not sure why Les hashed things out with him. Inky seems to keep him on because they are a dying paper looking for hot takes. Jeff's that guy at work who bullies everyone and has his head up the boss's rear end constantly. Always telling on your co workers. But the minute he gets called out on his BS he plays the victim and runs to the boss. For whatever reason the boss thinks he's great when he's not though. 
Perfect example.

McClane fails to mention the giant Cox on Howie's wall. 
“Howie Roseman had a life-sized poster of Carson Wentz in his office at the NovaCare Complex. It still might be there, but before COVID-19 placed restrictions on Eagles staffers’ movements, when anyone walked into the general manager’s office, there up on the wall was Wentz in action.

The decal -- like a Fathead a fan might plaster in his or her bedroom -- became an inside joke among some staff about Roseman’s overt affection for the Eagles’ franchise quarterback. But it also became a symbol for his misdirected handling of an employee.“

Crazy lol

“Howie Roseman had a life-sized poster of Carson Wentz in his office at the NovaCare Complex. It still might be there, but before COVID-19 placed restrictions on Eagles staffers’ movements, when anyone walked into the general manager’s office, there up on the wall was Wentz in action.

The decal -- like a Fathead a fan might plaster in his or her bedroom -- became an inside joke among some staff about Roseman’s overt affection for the Eagles’ franchise quarterback. But it also became a symbol for his misdirected handling of an employee.“

Crazy lol
Dude does himself no favors here. You can tell he's grasping for straws. More and more people are realizing he's a Bullsh*tter now. He reminds me of the Chicago Sun Reporter Joe Cawley who has had a lot of controversy over the years and has been known to BS. 3 yrs ago he reporter both Foreman and Paxson would be gone from the Bulls Obviously never happened. Reported something else after not happened. Jeff McLane same thing. 

Crazy lol
Lol. Is this for real? That is ridiculous. It really would have been best for you guys if Lurie just cleared house entirely. Canning Doug and retaining Howie just made no sense considering Howie had done the worse job of the two. As a Skins fan it’s interesting as I’ve unfortunately seen this dynamic played out many times before. Howie is a MUCH better GM than Bruce Allen (it’s a low bar) but he similarly had this vice like grip on loyalty from Snyder. He was a total sycophant of course (much like Vinny Cerrato) but it seems like it’s surprisingly easy for some of these guys to appeal to the massive ego of these owners and keep cashing paychecks. Over time it seems like there guys are harder to get rid of than Rasputin. Hopefully Lurie sees the light at some point and finally gets rid of him.

Lol. Is this for real? That is ridiculous. It really would have been best for you guys if Lurie just cleared house entirely. Canning Doug and retaining Howie just made no sense considering Howie had done the worse job of the two. As a Skins fan it’s interesting as I’ve unfortunately seen this dynamic played out many times before. Howie is a MUCH better GM than Bruce Allen (it’s a low bar) but he similarly had this vice like grip on loyalty from Snyder. He was a total sycophant of course (much like Vinny Cerrato) but it seems like it’s surprisingly easy for some of these guys to appeal to the massive ego of these owners and keep cashing paychecks. Over time it seems like there guys are harder to get rid of than Rasputin. Hopefully Lurie sees the light at some point and finally gets rid of him.
Go open the link to it initial. What you quoted isn't true. Just go to the link and theres a tweet with a pic of what McLane is referencing. It's pretty bad. 

Go open the link to it initial. What you quoted isn't true. Just go to the link and theres a tweet with a pic of what McLane is referencing. It's pretty bad. 
Thanks. Just checked the link. Yeah, it’s clear that writer has a huge axe to grind. I went to college in Philly so I know some local media there can sling mud with the best of them, but that’s pretty bad.

So I talked to someone last nigh on McDaniel's. They said they don't think Josh is really in the running for the job. Per his sources he said Josh would want a lot of control which would clash with what Roseman and Lurie would want ALA a certain coach who was previous fired. Per their source McDaniels left the Indy job after not being satisfied with the power he had originally agreed too. Per my guy you also have the Patriot issue baggage bringing this guy in. I hate giving the guy credit but Jeff McLane just reported similar on power McDaniels wants (Hey a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile). This is Bill Billchicks top Lieutenant who knew what Bill was doing with SPygate, deflate gate. etc. The Eagles are a proud org and Jeffrey Lurie wouldn't want to bring in that sort of character to the org. McDaniels did a lot to ruin his rep even more when he did the Colts dirty. This is just more do diligence turnover every rock type thing bringing in Josh plus they get to pick his brain offensively

I honestly have no idea🤣  I gave up years ago thinking I could predict who would be a good HC and who wouldn’t.  I now know I don’t want McDaniels though.  He seems like a guy who would fail Lurie’s “emotional intelligence” thing though.

I’m not down on Brady or Staley, they may turn out to be great and I guess it’s better to swing for the fence on a big choice like this.  You might as well be bad as be average, then try again.

I’d be most comfortable with Daboll though, mostly because I like his background and how he seems to have grown both scheme wise and in how he handles players over the years.

There’s a great piece on him in The Athletic if you have a sub to that.
funny but i'm the same here with literally no idea who should be head coach. i loved the idea of Chip Kelly, wanted Adam Gase, etc., etc. 

i really wish with all the OL issues they had, Prince would have gotten a chance. i mean is there anyway he was worse than a few of the guys they let play this year?
He wasn't that great at auburn so chances are pretty high he was bad

So I talked to someone last nigh on McDaniel's. They said they don't think Josh is really in the running for the job. Per his sources he said Josh would want a lot of control which would clash with what Roseman and Lurie would want ALA a certain coach who was previous fired. Per their source McDaniels left the Indy job after not being satisfied with the power he had originally agreed too. Per my guy you also have the Patriot issue baggage bringing this guy in. I hate giving the guy credit but Jeff McLane just reported similar on power McDaniels wants (Hey a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile). This is Bill Billchicks top Lieutenant who knew what Bill was doing with SPygate, deflate gate. etc. The Eagles are a proud org and Jeffrey Lurie wouldn't want to bring in that sort of character to the org. McDaniels did a lot to ruin his rep even more when he did the Colts dirty. This is just more do diligence turnover every rock type thing bringing in Josh plus they get to pick his brain offensively
They’re not wasting any interview time with someone they don’t want. 

funny but i'm the same here with literally no idea who should be head coach. i loved the idea of Chip Kelly, wanted Adam Gase, etc., etc. 
Yep. There’s almost no way to know at all. As bad as we have been in other areas, for the most part this group does well at getting HC’s. Reid was Reid, Chip has a solid couple years and Doug won a SB. I trust their process with this and I don’t care about not getting the “popular” candidate. Chances are the popular ones will suck anyway. 

A McDaniels/Mayo combo would “suck” but who knows how it turns out

You'd get a lot of likes from most Philly fans. Not me. The midnight green is the most successful era we've had. I'll always prefer that. 
love the midnight green. Loved the Eagles with Cunningham, but these UNIs are light years better IMO

Adam Scheftar has reported the HOU job is the most undesirable job currently in the NFL. People in HOU believe Watson has played his last snap under Center for the Texans as well. Apparently NO ONE WANTS THE JOB. 

Users who are viewing this thread