What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Updated Forum Software From Invision 1.11.21 (1 Viewer)

Y'all need to use the new URLs

@Joe Bryant needs to update the links in the nav bar, and in the automated forum messages, as well.
Not sure. I asked Keith and he said:

If they're unable to get to specific forums even after clicking the links, they probably tried to load that page while the bookmarks/Google links/remembered address bar links were not working correctly and got an error message. They should work OK after clearing their cache, but they can test in Incognito mode without making any cache changes.

Not sure. I asked Keith and he said:

If they're unable to get to specific forums even after clicking the links, they probably tried to load that page while the bookmarks/Google links/remembered address bar links were not working correctly and got an error message. They should work OK after clearing their cache, but they can test in Incognito mode without making any cache changes.

No... at the top of this page, in the Footballguys banner, your links were wrong. That is, if you mouse over to "Community" and get the drop down list, the links there that take you to the different forums are incorrect. They all have "/forum/forum/" instead of just "/forum/"

It looks like Keith or someone has added redirects so that the error resolves to the correct address rather than the error page now.

the only  address i have book marked  is fbg home page 
i just use the community link at the top to get into the forums  
been getting into shark pool and idp ok
3/4 of the time into ffa
cant get into psf 

This thing is a mess. I clean all cookies and history. Do a google search for FBG FFA and I can get in, but most times as soon as I sign in, I get an error message.

After messing with this way more than I should have to, I managed to log in and post one thing, Go to a new thread and I am logged out and I can't do anything else. 

I have tried Edge/Chrome---just frustrating. 

This site is really awful now.  I can't even post without going into incognito mode.

Come on, guys.
Apologies for the trouble.

Can you elaborate in more detail exactly what you're seeing and what is the problem? It's working perfectly for me now after clearing cache and I'd been having the 500 errors last week. 

Please let us know what type of operating system and device your posting and what browser and exactly what you're seeing. 

After I got that screen that said you can't reach the site yesterday afternoon,  I deleted my old book mark, emptied cache and browser history, created a new nookmark and its worked great since then.  

Hey Ivan, if the site works in incognito mode but not in regular mode, your browser most likely has a forums error screen stuck in its browser cache.

If you're not sure where that menu option is, this site will give you precise instructions on how to clear the cache on your browser:

https://clear-my-cache.com/

cleared my cache yesterday 
figured i would try today 
still cant get into psf , getting page doesn't exist message still 
freeing up lots of my time so thats a bonus 

Memphis Foundry said:
Hey Ivan, if the site works in incognito mode but not in regular mode, your browser most likely has a forums error screen stuck in its browser cache.

If you're not sure where that menu option is, this site will give you precise instructions on how to clear the cache on your browser:

That did it, at least for now.  Thanks.

Search function is really bad.  

Also another annoyance.  If I sort the thread in the FFA to custom/topics I've posted in, it only gives me one page of results.  I don't see an option to look at additional pages.

Search function is really bad.  

Also another annoyance.  If I sort the thread in the FFA to custom/topics I've posted in, it only gives me one page of results.  I don't see an option to look at additional pages.
I'm not sure there.

I understand the search to be working as designed for:

Search in:

Topics

This forum

Status updates

Events

Members

Find Results that contain:

Any the term words

All the term words

Find results in:

Titles and body

Titles only

It's working perfectly for me on all that. I've never tried to search for just things I've posted in and not sure how to do that from our search interface.

For what we're offering it seems to be working properly. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there are some google tricks to help on search too. Some of you guys may know those.

Search is one of the more painful features we have as it's consistently something everyone seems to hate but whenever I need it, it works exactly as it's intended to. So not sure. 

May be best to just assume search is not available if we're not able to get it going. Sorry. 

Locked out of this account on desktop (got logged out during the transition) Tried incognito and same  Fine on mobile

Free the :IBTL: JB

Memphis Foundry said:

I didn't have any problems until yesterday, but then started getting the "This page isn't working" error on Windows 10 using both Chrome and Brave browsers (working fine with Brave on my phone, though).

Clearing the cache seems to have worked with Chrome, but not Brave.  With Brave, I can open the page after clearing the cache, but once I sign in again, it goes back to the error.  I thought maybe my cache wasn't clearing properly for some reason, but found the Windows folder and it did empty out. I'm not sure if there's another place Brave might put something that's sticking around and causing the error?

I'm not sure there.
For instance, I tried searching for the thread on the TV show "Dark" in the FFA.  I searched for "dark" and checked "content titles only".  The results were worthless.  

I realize you probably have little control over this.

For instance, I tried searching for the thread on the TV show "Dark" in the FFA.  I searched for "dark" and checked "content titles only".  The results were worthless.  

I realize you probably have little control over this.
Thanks. You're right in I have zero control. I just get the negatives of paying for this every month.

But when I searched, I got no results with Dark in the title but 251 posts with dark in the content including several about the TV show on the first page.

https://forums.footballguys.com/search/?&q=dark&type=forums_topic&nodes=4&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

Did you not get that?

Thanks. You're right in I have zero control. I just get the negatives of paying for this every month.

But when I searched, I got no results with Dark in the title but 251 posts with dark in the content including several about the TV show on the first page.

https://forums.footballguys.com/search/?&q=dark&type=forums_topic&nodes=4&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

Did you not get that?
I only got two results when I searched titles only and neither were for that thread.

I only got two results when I searched titles only and neither were for that thread.
That's weird. I get zero results when searching for "dark" and titles only.

But there is a thread here that should have been returned. https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/764323-dark-netflix-series/page/3/.   Thanks @Mister CIA

I get 251 results if you expand to titles and content body. Including several posts talking about the TV show (from threads without dark in the title)

Not sure why it's working for me but not you.

What browser are using and what device or computer?

I know there are some google tricks to help on search too. Some of you guys may know those.

Search is one of the more painful features we have as it's consistently something everyone seems to hate but whenever I need it, it works exactly as it's intended to. So not sure. 

May be best to just assume search is not available if we're not able to get it going. Sorry. 
I've gotten used to relying on google for seaching the forums.  In Shuke's case, the following string sorted the thread he was looking for to the top of the list:  site:forums.footballguys.com tv show dark ... I'm not familiar with the show, but now I'm intrigued.

Because I use it somewhat regularly, as soon as I type "si" into the seach bar it autopoputates my last three or so forum searches, so all I have to do then is tap the end key and back over the most recent search and type in my new search criteria.

I've gotten used to relying on google for seaching the forums.  In Shuke's case, the following string sorted the thread he was looking for to the top of the list:  site:forums.footballguys.com tv show dark ... I'm not familiar with the show, but now I'm intrigued.

Because I use it somewhat regularly, as soon as I type "si" into the seach bar it autopoputates my last three or so forum searches, so all I have to do then is tap the end key and back over the most recent search and type in my new search criteria.
Thanks. I always just use the regular search from Invision but I thought lots of people used google for searching the forums. 

That's weird. I get zero results when searching for "dark" and titles only.

But there is a thread here that should have been returned. https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/764323-dark-netflix-series/page/3/.   Thanks @Mister CIA

I get 251 results if you expand to titles and content body. Including several posts talking about the TV show (from threads without dark in the title)

Not sure why it's working for me but not you.

What browser are using and what device or computer?
Laptop/Chrome

Home/static

By the way Joe, I appreciate you looking into this even though you have little control. 

This is definitely "first world problem" kind of stuff.  If the worst thing that happens to me today is I can't find a topic about a TV show on my imaginary football message board, I'm pretty well off.

By the way Joe, I appreciate you looking into this even though you have little control. 

This is definitely "first world problem" kind of stuff.  If the worst thing that happens to me today is I can't find a topic about a TV show on my imaginary football message board, I'm pretty well off.
Thanks. And you're welcome. I hear you on the first world problem and don't disagree. It's just frustrating to pay for stuff and it not work properly. 

I had some similar issues with none of the pages coming up in Chrome on W10 machine today. I cleared the cache and it took a little while, but the “New Content” did finally come up. 

If you are using AdBlock Plus or similar... you can have it block forums.footballguys.com##.ipsLayout_sidebarright

That'll remove that little bugger...

Looks like this is back, at least for me :hot:

Not sure if my browser settings changed, or, if the site changed the layout ID to block.

Any thoughts of hacking back in the ability to spoiler text?

Some boards do blurring of text for the same purpose.

The recaptcha thing is not that bad. Just a little annoyance. I do still wish they could turn the default text size up a bit. I would think that would be a common setting but maybe it isn't. I can turn the screen zoom up on my phone but then most everything else is too big. That's the one thing to me that is pretty annoying. 

Users who are viewing this thread