What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**OFFICIAL Daytona 500 Hillbilly Super Bowl Game Thread or Race or Beer** (1 Viewer)

I live within a couple of hours of Daytona but I've only attended one race- 1998, Dale Earnhardt's only victory there. It is quite the spectacle, back then you could leave your seat and just hang on the railing fence while they whizzed by, you can really experience the grit of the track. And speaking of beer, you are allowed to bring a cooler in and each patron can bring up to 36 cans of beer!!!

Fixin’ to crack open my first beer sponsored by Miller Lite. The Miller Lite team has really worked hard this week brewing this beer, and the guys in the shop really have that Miller Lite can solid and raring to be opened.

Bubba Wallace news 

@AndrejevAlex: Multiple inspection failures for the No. 23 team. Wallace will have to start at the rear of the race and have a crew member (car chief) ejected.

Fixin’ to crack open my first beer sponsored by Miller Lite. The Miller Lite team has really worked hard this week brewing this beer, and the guys in the shop really have that Miller Lite can solid and raring to be opened.
i am going to see your Miller Lite and raise you my first Coors Light of the day. I love the fact Daytona usually falls on the three day weekend. 

The trucks and xfinity already play destruction derby and it was magnificent

Last edited by a moderator:
The Tostitos team really came together today for my taco salad. That and the collaboration with those boys at Kraft Cheese really made this a winning combination.

Ryan Newman saved his own life with the Newman bar.    Think about that!!!
I still cannot believe he survived that crash. My wife and I were looking at each other last year saying “that poor guy just died”.

Amazing.

Hey I don’t know if any you know about this, but Michael Jordan owns the 23 car with Hamlin. 

Little overkill on the coverage IMO

The only good thing about this break is I was able to shovel some snow with my Ace Hardware 24” wide snow pusher. The engineers did a real good job and the assembly crew at the shop put it together and gave me the confidence to push that snow along the driveway.

good thing they didn't start this race any earlier

@bobpockrass: Rain has returned and NASCAR has stopped trying to dry the track.

good thing they didn't start this race any earlier

@bobpockrass: Rain has returned and NASCAR has stopped trying to dry the track.
One report I've seen is a postponement to Monday would start at....4 pm Eastern.

If those morons double down on starting a race late afternoon in Florida,  I hope they get a Tuesday finish and abysmal ratings. 

fyi...looking at weather.com hourly forecasts for tomorrow...22% chance of rain at noon, 40% at 3pm. 

I've lived in FL for 20+ years and if you're trying to avoid rain, a 4 pm start is not the smartest move. in fact it's about the stupidest. 

/rant over.

One report I've seen is a postponement to Monday would start at....4 pm Eastern.

If those morons double down on starting a race late afternoon in Florida,  I hope they get a Tuesday finish and abysmal ratings. 

fyi...looking at weather.com hourly forecasts for tomorrow...22% chance of rain at noon, 40% at 3pm. 

I've lived in FL for 20+ years and if you're trying to avoid rain, a 4 pm start is not the smartest move. in fact it's about the stupidest. 

/rant over.
I feel like they used to start this race at 11:00 or so.

Some damaged cars trying to get up to minimum speed so they can stay in race and rack up points

@bobpockrass: so now 11 cars out of the race: Blaney Buescher Alfredo DiBenedetto Almirola Bowman Suarez Ragan Newman Jones Cope ... Byron says his wheel is a little off to the left.

I was gonna make a Buckshot Jones joke about 00 Quin Houff wrecking but it looks like he was a victim of William Byron debris. He took out Chase Panda Express Briscoe 

Users who are viewing this thread