What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL 2021 Draft Thread (1 Viewer)

We've had 5 even-numbered rounds so far, and @Stinkin Ref has taken the exact guy at the top of my draft list 4 out of 5 times.

I WANT REF'S DRAFT SLOT AWAY FROM MINE IN PDSL. FAR, FAR AWAY.

kthx

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies, guys. Can I get some QB Cam Newton? Not sure how to do a fill-in pick over at MFL.
Done.

ETA: and nice grab of Slayton coming back. If he's going in this range all summer and the Giants go after Pitts instead of a top WR, he'll be on a lot of my teams.

1.09 Derrick Henry RB5 TEN

2.08 DK Metcalf WR6 SEA

3.09 Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB KC19

4.08 Kenny Golladay WR22 DET

5.09 Antonio Brown WR28 TBB

6.08 Tyler Boyd WR36 CIN

7.09 Rob Gronkowski TE16 TBB

This pick came down to TE or QB since I didn't have either.  Lot of the folks in here are some of the same fellas from IBL who pound chests about waiting on QB, and didn't really see a huge gap between the next few that would go. 6 of the 7 guys behind me had a QB on board (the captain of the chest pounding group actually had two through 6.... :whistle: ) so felt pretty good about the options that would make it back in the 8th. I realize the format here is a little different...but still....so TE was the call.  Not many TE's left are going to light up the reception scoreboard.  So I went with Gronk who can get some TD's and the plan was to maybe add Higbee later as I think he pops next year with Stafford and Everett probably walking.  Gronk still has some game and is same age as Kelce, so felt good here. Considered saying screw it and taking David Johnson here. 

8.08 Jimmy Garoppolo QB24 SFF

So now by the time this pick came up all 7 of the guys behind me had locked up both QB spots... :eek: , lol.  I realize screw your neighbor and keep away factored in here, and that is fine. Every owner behind me took at least one (except for the guy that already had two  :whistle:  through six) and one guy took two.  I guess if we look back this is probably the area that people starting adding that second, so maybe I should have known better and I got caught getting greedy to some extent, but we will see how it plays out.  25 QB's in the first 121 picks has to be some kind of record. Jimmy G has great weapons including Kittle so should be ok. Was planning on taking one of Lawrence, Big Ben, Carr in that order.

9.09 Jameis Winston QB26 FA

Basically expect him to resign and be the starting QB for NOS.  If that's the case he offers the most upside of those left. No penalty in these leagues for INT's. If this works, i may have salvaged things in damage control mode.  But will also be adding a third with 20 rounds. Missed Higbee by three picks here or he would have been the pick.

10.08 Cole Kmet TE23 CHI

Debated for a long time here as I had Mike Williams dialed up and also had hoped Gus Edwards would have made it back. Switched gears and went with the promising TE.  Hate the current QB situation in CHI but Kmet could breakout and be one of the next big things at the position.  Sniffed adding Newton or hedging my bet with Taysom Hill. 

11.09 Phillip Lindsay RB49 DEN

Different directions I could have gone here but only 2 RB's on board and some of the guys behind me were in the same boat, so a good chance a few go before my 12th round pick. Think he is restricted FA, but Gordon is looking at a suspension to start the year next year so Lindsay should get another chance to show what he can do.  Also a chance he is disgruntled, hopes to move on, and DEN doesn't match an offer or something so he could have a different outlook in a new spot. A few other considerations I will sit on since this was recent pick.  Ruggs would have gotten a sniff if he was there, but felt like a luxary pick I wouldn't be able to afford and would have forced my hand in round 12 to revisit RB if I still only had two. 

1.11 11 -OZ- Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB

Wanted king Henry, shoulda known that wasn't happening. I think last year was zeke's floor, his upside is top 3. 

2.06 22 -OZ- Mahomes, Patrick KCC QB 

I don't usually take QB early but this seems like decent value and QBs score high here.

3.11 43 -OZ- Montgomery, David CHI RB 

Really did not plan to take 2 backs in the first 3 rounds. But I think he can be a very good rb2. Maybe even a rb1 if things break right.

4.06 54 -OZ- Johnson, Diontae PIT WR 

Really hoping he gets over his drops. When he's on he's been really good. 

5.11 75 -OZ- Aiyuk, Brandon SFO WR 

I'm not sure about this one but he looks good at times. They'll need better QB play. 

6.06 86 -OZ- Ertz, Zach PHI TE

I'll take the chance that he lands somewhere to bounce back. I fully expect him to change teams, GB, buffalo, and a few other possibilities.

7.11 107 -OZ- Smith, DeVonta FA WR (R)

He'll have a learning curve but dude is electric. I expect mostly low scores but a few big games hopefully timed right.

8.06 118 -OZ- Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB 

I've fallen before because I didn't have a good qb2. Assuming he plays, Ben is a fine #2

9.11 139 -OZ- Ebron, Eric PIT TE

Like Smith, I expect many low scores but he'll go big once in a while. 

10.06 150 -OZ- Williams, Mike LAC WR 

MW will probably be my #2 or even #1 many weeks. Another boom/bust but I'm good with that here.

11.11 171 -OZ- Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def 

Someone had to break the seal. It usually isn't me. And I totally forgot about the other 3 Steelers I drafted :bag:   :towelwave:

2.08 DK Metcalf WR6 SEA

6.08 Tyler Boyd WR36 CIN

This pick came down to TE or QB since I didn't have either.  Lot of the folks in here are some of the same fellas from IBL who pound chests about waiting on QB, and didn't really see a huge gap between the next few that would go. 6 of the 7 guys behind me had a QB on board (the captain of the chest pounding group actually had two through 6.... :whistle: ) so felt pretty good about the options that would make it back in the 8th. I realize the format here is a little different...but still....so TE was the call.  Not many TE's left are going to light up the reception scoreboard.  So I went with Gronk who can get some TD's and the plan was to maybe add Higbee later as I think he pops next year with Stafford and Everett probably walking.  Gronk still has some game and is same age as Kelce, so felt good here. Considered saying screw it and taking David Johnson here. 

So now by the time this pick came up all 7 of the guys behind me had locked up both QB spots... :eek: , lol.  I realize screw your neighbor and keep away factored in here, and that is fine. Every owner behind me took at least one (except for the guy that already had two  :whistle:  through six) and one guy took two.  I guess if we look back this is probably the area that people starting adding that second, so maybe I should have known better and I got caught getting greedy to some extent, but we will see how it plays out.  25 QB's in the first 121 picks has to be some kind of record. Jimmy G has great weapons including Kittle so should be ok. Was planning on taking one of Lawrence, Big Ben, Carr in that order.

Basically expect him to resign and be the starting QB for NOS.  If that's the case he offers the most upside of those left. No penalty in these leagues for INT's. If this works, i may have salvaged things in damage control mode.  But will also be adding a third with 20 rounds. Missed Higbee by three picks here or he would have been the pick.

10.08 Cole Kmet TE23 CHI

Debated for a long time here as I had Mike Williams dialed up and also had hoped Gus Edwards would have made it back. Switched gears and went with the promising TE.  Hate the current QB situation in CHI but Kmet could breakout and be one of the next big things at the position.  Sniffed adding Newton or hedging my bet with Taysom Hill. 

Different directions I could have gone here but only 2 RB's on board and some of the guys behind me were in the same boat, so a good chance a few go before my 12th round pick. Think he is restricted FA, but Gordon is looking at a suspension to start the year next year so Lindsay should get another chance to show what he can do.  Also a chance he is disgruntled, hopes to move on, and DEN doesn't match an offer or something so he could have a different outlook in a new spot. A few other considerations I will sit on since this was recent pick.  Ruggs would have gotten a sniff if he was there, but felt like a luxary pick I wouldn't be able to afford and would have forced my hand in round 12 to revisit RB if I still only had two. 
i think I upset Ref...

Regarding the IBL references...different scoring system, different number of teams, waiver wire.  Also QBs go faster in the WSL and generally drop as we do more of these.  Winston is a prime example, could be a great pick or could be a donut.  In two months we'll know if he'll be first in line.  Right now Brees is still a possibility.

I really wanted Stafford and almost took him over Brady.  There's a chance that McVay has the guy he wants to really open up that offense.  Usually you end up with a blank or two drafting this early, I wanted a strong QB position to help cover other weaknesses.

i think I upset Ref...

Regarding the IBL references...different scoring system, different number of teams, waiver wire.  Also QBs go faster in the WSL and generally drop as we do more of these.  Winston is a prime example, could be a great pick or could be a donut.  In two months we'll know if he'll be first in line.  Right now Brees is still a possibility.

I really wanted Stafford and almost took him over Brady.  There's a chance that McVay has the guy he wants to really open up that offense.  Usually you end up with a blank or two drafting this early, I wanted a strong QB position to help cover other weaknesses.
Yep. 

I'm never sure if handcuffs work in these leagues. I guess they do when they do and don't when they don't 🤷🏽‍♂️ but I wanted Pollard as I'm probably going to lack quality depth at RB. 

I'm never sure if handcuffs work in these leagues. I guess they do when they do and don't when they don't 🤷🏽‍♂️ but I wanted Pollard as I'm probably going to lack quality depth at RB. 
I almost took him the last two picks.  He'll post points each week regardless.  It's a solid pick here IMO either way.  The only reason I passed is I always see RBs I like late and wanted to leave a slot open.  

@Shadowfax I really wanted Herndon as my 3rd TE.  Got a good feeling about him with Gase out of the picture.  Not unhappy with Latavius Murray.
Ha. I debated between Murray and Herndon. Decided I finally needed to grab a TE2. Almost did that in the 9th round but went WR instead...then watched as my next 5 TEs went off the board. 

I almost took him the last two picks.  He'll post points each week regardless.  It's a solid pick here IMO either way.  The only reason I passed is I always see RBs I like late and wanted to leave a slot open.  
Meh...take out his 30 point week last year and he is a 5 point a week guy....great handcuff tho and home run if Zeke out

Wanted king Henry, shoulda known that wasn't happening. I think last year was zeke's floor, his upside is top 3. 

I don't usually take QB early but this seems like decent value and QBs score high here.

Really did not plan to take 2 backs in the first 3 rounds. But I think he can be a very good rb2. Maybe even a rb1 if things break right.

I'm not sure about this one but he looks good at times. They'll need better QB play. 

I'll take the chance that he lands somewhere to bounce back. I fully expect him to change teams, GB, buffalo, and a few other possibilities.

He'll have a learning curve but dude is electric. I expect mostly low scores but a few big games hopefully timed right.

I've fallen before because I didn't have a good qb2. Assuming he plays, Ben is a fine #2

MW will probably be my #2 or even #1 many weeks. Another boom/bust but I'm good with that here.

Someone had to break the seal. It usually isn't me. And I totally forgot about the other 3 Steelers I drafted :bag:   :towelwave:
Like the core at QB and RB....went young at wr breakouts.... :thumbup:

Boy, I can easily see my team finishing 16th this year .
Meh ...Survivor a different beast....always fun to look at the end totals sometimes to see how you did....not sure any of us are truly experts at avoiding “one bad week” even tho we had the best team or something in the long run....especially in these early ones where we don’t know bye weeks...

@Crippler sniped Carter from me. :sadbanana:
Should have been AJ Dillon also but thought 2nd TE huge too. Wish I had taken Irv Smith but went over it a few times in my head. Sometimes, I should go back and look at pre selects. I could have got Goff at the next turn and knew this was true. I wanted 2nd QB. So many guys I did not want. Other than Lawrence, what rookie QB. Who will NE, Wash, Chicago have.  Don’t like Hurts, what happens in NO, Tua sucks, Bridgewater average and no guarantee to play half the season,  and does Darnold start for Jets or rookie. What about Jimmy G. At time, no one knew about Big Ben and word came out soon as fine pick for Oz which leaves a group of Goff, Wentz, Tanny,  Carr, Cousins, Lawrence, Jones, Mayfield and I personally like Goff the best. I think Golloday is back and they add the rookie WR in first. I will have lots of shares. 

Mr. Irrelevant said:
6.09 Mike Gesicki MIA TE13 - I'll probably wait on TE in most of my drafts this year, so a good chance I'll wind up with multiple shares of this guy. The lightbulb finally seemed to go on for Gesicki in the back half of 2020, and with his freakish physical gifts and continued growth from Tua (spoiler alert!) he's got as good a chance at a top-5 season as anyone else at this God-forsaken position.

7.08 Jerry Jeudy DEN WR42 - Another bet on the WR youth movement. He went five picks later than in last year's WSL despite recording 53/764 at age 21 with the barely competent Drew Lock at QB, and looked good enough on-field for PFF to tag him as their top second-year breakout candidate. If Denver somehow pulls off a deal for Watson, Jeudy's ADP shoots into the top-30 overnight.

8.09 Tua Tagovailoa MIA QB25 - Six of the 7 teams behind me in this round don’t yet have a QB2, so either I’m cliff-diving here with the rest of the lemmings or hoping a 5’10” guy who loves to run makes it through a full 17 games. I think it’s a virtual certainty Tua is the Week 1 starter - where things go from there, who knows of course, but he’s got the talent and scheme to put up QB1 numbers if he gets another playmaker or two on the roster.

Really like what@Shadowfax and @BassNBrew have done so far. And for being a zero-hour parachute drop into the 16-hole, @Andy Dufresnehas acquitted himself very nicely as well, IMO.
9.08 Jeff Wilson Jr. SF RB39 - Tough spot here as my top 3 options (Shenault, Higbee, Smith) went in the literal 3 picks before mine. Rest of the TEs and WRs look pretty interchangeable to me, so that leaves Wilson, a guy with a nose for the end zone on a team losing half its RB room to FA whose current #1 has missed 17 games the last 3 seasons. In theory a good candidate to draft an elite RB, but as they haven’t spent a Day 1 or 2 pick there since 2014 I’ll roll the dice on JWJ still having a substantial role.

10.09 Gerald Everett LAR/UFA TE24 - I thought for sure my sleeper Kmet would make it back to me. But of course Ref sniped me, just as he did with DK, and Golladay, and Jimmy G. Anyway ... my working TE theory this offseason is that, with very little draft talent behind Pitts and no true studs on the open market, middling talents like Jonnu and Everett will draw much more FA interest than folks assume, which should ensure them a decent choice of landing spots and a likelihood of a bigger role. I guess we'll see in a few weeks.

11.08 Henry Ruggs LV WR63 - As my 12-year-old daughter would put it: “Fast man go brrrrrrrrr.” Whether he should have been the first receiver taken in last year’s draft or not (hint: no), seems awfully short-sighted for the fantasy community to throw in the towel on the 12th overall pick after one pandemic-wracked pro season, especially this guy in this format.

12.09 Rashod Bateman ROOK WR68 - WSL vets know I'm one of those guys who rarely sniffs rookies ... I don't watch much CFB and my dynasty days are years behind me so I'd just be throwing darts even more blindly than we all are already. But grabbing a consensus top-5 WR and probable 1st-round pick as my WR5 seems like it should be low-risk and high-upside. Hey, it worked for me with some guy named Jefferson last year.

Through 12 rounds ....

Kyler, Tua
Saquon, A. Jones, J. Wilson
Godwin, Higgins, Jeudy, Ruggs, Bateman
Gesicki, Everett

Boy, I can easily see my team finishing 16th this year .
Totally unscientific sample, but IMO the teams that go out Week 1 tend to fall into two buckets: owners that loaded up on rookies and FAs, who generally start off slow as they adjust to new surroundings; and teams that just roll snake eyes on the injury dice before September even rolls around, which no one can do anything about.

I feel like today is a day to sleep. I’ll worry about DSTs and PKs tomorrow.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The story so far. Good as anything I guess...

Lawrence, Trevor FA QB -    8.01
Watson, Deshaun HOU -    4.01

Dillon, AJ GBP RB        -    7.16
Edwards, Gus BAL RB        -    9.16
Gainwell, Kenneth FA RB -    12.01
Swift, D'Andre DET RB    -    2.01

Chark, D.J. JAC WR    -    6.01
Cooks, Brandin HOU WR        -    5.16
Hopkins, DeAndre ARI WR    -    1.16
Mims, Denzel NYJ WR    -    11.16
Mooney, Darnell CHI WR        -    10.01

Goedert, Dallas PHI TE    -    3.16
Trautman, Adam NOS TE    -    13.16

Dolphins, Miami MIA Def     -    14.01

Added

12.06    182    -OZ-    Pollard, Tony DAL RB    

Discussed briefly. Dallas was not good last year, injuries and overall bad play made for a rough year for most of the team. Pollard showed enough that he'll get a larger slice of the pie, which takes away from my top pick but might keep him healthy. I had been considering Pollard for a while as a handcuff but he could get a big play or two at times. In survivor, I think handcuffs have a little more value than most formats but they need to pan out.

13.11    203    -OZ-    Green, A.J. CIN WR    

He's practically guaranteed to leave Cincy this year, he says he wants to play for a contender, and there are a few contenders who could use a veteran receiver as a #2. Green's wr1 days are long over but as a wr5 I'll gladly take him here. My other receivers are young talented guys so adding a vet here seems like a decent idea.

14.06    214    -OZ-    Gay, Matt LAR PK  

Strong leg, did well after the Rams signed him last year, and an offense that should improve from last year. I'm fairly confident he'll finish higher than Pk12.

15.11    235    -OZ-    Felton, Demetric FA RB (R)    

Honestly I'm not sure about this one. He could soar up the drafts as we approach the season or this could be a massive reach. Could be another Antonio Gibson, or not do much.  🤷🏽‍♂️ I figure I'll take the risk and watch.

16.06    246    -OZ-    Howard, O.J. TBB TE 

Another rebound candidate. He looked decent early, then got injured and gronk came back. I'll probably take him in too many leagues again this year, just not as early as last year.

Making the team:

Mahomes, Ben

Zeke, Pollard, Montgomery, Felton

Aiyuk, Diontae, deVonta, MW, Green

E², Ertz, OJH

Gay

Pitt

🤷🏽‍♂️ I have no idea how this will go but I think I like it

Team rzrback77

QB - Deferred this position and it shows. Cousins drafted as QB15 at 7.01 and Darnold as QB30 at 11.01, If I chose correctly, then it could wind up being somewhere between QB8 and QB12, but it could be worse. Hoping that Cousins either remains in Minnesota or gets an optimum location. I am hopeful that the Jets trade Darnold, who is still young and has had no great coaching in his short NFL career. I still believe in his talent, but he needs a good landing spot.

RB - Drafted four and all of them are decent receivers. None taken early as I focused on receivers for the first four rounds. Might add another one in round 20

1. Gordon RB24 5.01 - should be lead dog in Denver, but could have a 3-game (or more) susp. - has reasonable 2021 salary and finished as RB13 in 2020
  2. Drake RB30 6.16 - Free Agent - potentially moving on from Arizona, but could stay - finished as RB15 in 2020
  3. Edmonds RB37 8.16 - nice receiving back in Arizona and might see more snaps if Drake leaves - RB25 in 2020
  4. Hines RB38 9.01 - nice receiving back that also runs strong, but back-up to Taylor - finished as RB18 in 2020
WR - This needs to be the strength of the team where they were drafted, but doesn't jump off the page to me

1. A. Robinson WR11 2.16 - Free agent that might be franchised, just hoping that he does not hold out although it is likely if he is franchised - finished WR9 in 2020 and has great hands and makes first downs
  2. T. Lockett WR12 3.01 - Hoping that Wilson stays in Seattle as Lockett has been ultra-productive without being heavily targeted with Russell - finished as WR8 in 2020 
  3. Smith-Schuster WR25 4.16 - Another free agent, but should make an impact wherever he goes. Strong hands, good routes, strong runner who seems to always be open on third down and in the red zone - Finished as WR16 in 2020
  4. C. Kirk WR60 10.16 - Less productive as third option, but will Fitzgerald return? I look for 60-70 catches like in 2019 and see him as a bargain, finished WR52 in 2020
  5. T. Marshall LSU WR72 13.01 Rookie - 23 TDs in past two seasons at LSU and is 6-4 and 200, look for a good combine and hopefully a nice landing spot
  6. Elijah Moore Ole Miss WR81 14.16 - Caught 86 passes for almost 1,200 yards and 8 TDs in 2020. He's more quick than fast, but seemed to always be open. Will play in the slot at 5-9 and 185, but stronger than you expect. Let's just forget about that dog in the end zone episode in the 2019 Egg Bowl, water under the bridge.
  7. Scott Miller WR97 19.01 - Draft profile similar to Moore above, except lighter. 5-9 and 175 - He showed legitimate speed and route running as a rookie and could get more targets if Godwin leaves, Finished as  WR73 in 2020 season wit five double digit ppr scoring games,
TE - Drafted Kelce at #1 overall instead of drafting an RB, So many RB injuries a year ago and seemed like a safer use of the #1 pick. Kelce has finished as TE1 in four of the last five seasons and in 2017 he finished 2nd. Two points ppr seems like a good use of the top pick. Backed him up with Jordan Akins TE34 who finished 2020 as TE27. Who knows what will happen in Houston this year?

PK - Jason Sanders as PK6 at 12.16 and G. Graham as PK20 at 16.16.Sanders finished 2020 as PK3 and just signed a long-term deal with Miami. Gano finished as PK15 with NYG in 2020 and made 31 of 32 field goals. Gano is signed through 2023.

DST - Waited a while here also, but was glad to get the Chiefs as DST13 taken at 15.01. They finished as DST11 and always seem to have decent returners. Wanted Carolina who I see as up and comers, but @Aaron Rudnickigot them, leaving me with Dallas as DST26 and as bad as their defense was last year, surely they will improve either in free agency or the draft.

QB: Brady, Stafford - Burned a 5th and 6th round pick here.  Does Tom have another year in him?  Huge TD potential for Brady but risky enough at his age that I needed a solid backup and I didn't want to be taking guesses at a starting QB in rd8.  Stafford on a real franchise could blow up into a top 5 QB.

RB: Ekeler, Harris, Cohen, Bell - Probably one of the weaker groups.  Really need Harris to perform like a 2nd round pick and Cohen to get back to 50 receipts.  Will Bell even be in the league or has he made enough money to retire?  Probably should have grabbed a 5th but 75 off the board and counting the well was pretty dry.

WR: Lamb, Davis, Samuel, Hardman, Brown, Van Jefferson, Hamler - The ultimate best ball group.  I probably waited the longest on WRs but am not disappointed with this group.  Kind of looks like an Al Davis group.  Instead of rookies who will be selected later than Van and Hamler, I went with guys the NFL liked better and have a year of seasoning.  It will be interesting to see where Davis/Samuel/Brown end up, but I think I paid worst case scenario prices and would love to see them in GB.

TE: Andrews, Brate, Boyle - At 2 ppr I always want this position to be a strength.  While Andrews isn't a stud, he's reliable.  I can't believe Tampa gets to have 3 of the top 20 TE in the league for a 3rd straight year.  Brate was better than Gronk down the stretch.  Boyle just got a new contract so he's in the plans in Balt.  If something happens to Andrews, I have a very cheap insurance policy.

DEF: Football Team, Pats, Packers - Yeah, I was that guy.  Really think a 3rd decent Def brings more points than an 8th WR.

K: Tucker - I've gotten pretty comfortable rolling the dice with one kicker in these leagues if I can get a solid one with a secure job.

13.08 Rodrigo Blankenship IND PK8 - Every time I watch the Colts’ FG unit come out on the field, I’m reminded of Matt Damon in The Accountant. I’m not saying that’s the reason I drafted Blankie … but I’m not saying it’s not.

14.09 Darrell Henderson LAR RB56 - Having started off RB-RB, I didn’t plan to stock much depth (if Barkley or Jones go down for the duration, I’m screwed regardless). So if I only have a couple backups, I might as well grab talent and pray for opportunity. The Rams’ acquisition of Stafford should mean fewer stacked boxes in 2021, and Akers hasn’t exactly been the picture of health all the way back to his FSU days.

15.08 Marquez Valdes-Scantling GB/UFA WR84 - He’s low-key a dime-store Will Fuller … last season he scored 17+ points six times (including 8/113/2 in the divisional round) and got goosed four others, which I don’t care about because, well, it’s best ball. May or may not be back in GB in 2021, but his splash-play skillset should get him targets wherever he signs. 

16.09 LA Chargers LAC DST17 - Lots of young talent, a new, young, defensive-minded HC and a fourth-place schedule. 

17.08 Drew Sample CIN TE35 - Earned a 70% TE target share after Uzomah’s injury in his first full season at age 23. C.J. is a free agent and unless the Bengals draft Pitts (which they should, IMO), Sample should be able to turn in an 8-10ppg season on opportunity alone. Also, my freshman roommate was a huge fan of (the indie band) The Samples, a factoid I forgot about for at least 20 years prior to making this pick.

18.09 Tylan Wallace ROOK WR96 - In @ZWK we trust.

19.08 Duke Johnson FA RB71 - His skillset will get him a third-down role somewhere. Didn't really think I needed an RB5 but, with receptions roughly twice as valuable as rush attempts in full-PPR, any back likely to land 50+ targets should be drafted at some point.

20.09 Texans HOU DST31 - At least they’re not the Lions.

QB: Murray 4.09, Tua 8.09
RB: Barkley 1.08, A. Jones 2.09, Wilson 9.08, Henderson 14.09, Duke Johnson 19.08
WR: Godwin 3.08, Higgins 5.08, Jeudy 7.08, Ruggs 11.08, Bateman (R) 12.09, MVS 15.08, Ty Wallace (R) 18.09
TE: Gesicki 6.09, Everett 10.09, Sample 17.08
K: Blankenship 13.08
DST: Chargers 16.09, Texans 20.09

I started off loving this team, then soured on it around the halfway point, but now I think I’m back to liking it again. Should have a really nice floor/ceiling pairing at QB, while Barkley and Jones should easily keep me at or near the top at RB. WR is loaded with young talent and corresponding upside - but with the destinations of so many of them unknown, there are undoubtedly a lot of ways this could go badly for me between now and May. TE is obviously a huge question mark, but the state of the position is so God-awful these days that a best-ball trio of guys who can just earn a bunch of snaps probably won’t lose too many points to the field.

Best of luck to all and see you back around here in a week or two.  :boxing:

QB: Brady, Stafford - Burned a 5th and 6th round pick here.  Does Tom have another year in him?  Huge TD potential for Brady but risky enough at his age that I needed a solid backup and I didn't want to be taking guesses at a starting QB in rd8.  Stafford on a real franchise could blow up into a top 5 QB.

RB: Ekeler, Harris, Cohen, Bell - Probably one of the weaker groups.  Really need Harris to perform like a 2nd round pick and Cohen to get back to 50 receipts.  Will Bell even be in the league or has he made enough money to retire?  Probably should have grabbed a 5th but 75 off the board and counting the well was pretty dry.

WR: Lamb, Davis, Samuel, Hardman, Brown, Van Jefferson, Hamler - The ultimate best ball group.  I probably waited the longest on WRs but am not disappointed with this group.  Kind of looks like an Al Davis group.  Instead of rookies who will be selected later than Van and Hamler, I went with guys the NFL liked better and have a year of seasoning.  It will be interesting to see where Davis/Samuel/Brown end up, but I think I paid worst case scenario prices and would love to see them in GB.

TE: Andrews, Brate, Boyle - At 2 ppr I always want this position to be a strength.  While Andrews isn't a stud, he's reliable.  I can't believe Tampa gets to have 3 of the top 20 TE in the league for a 3rd straight year.  Brate was better than Gronk down the stretch.  Boyle just got a new contract so he's in the plans in Balt.  If something happens to Andrews, I have a very cheap insurance policy.

DEF: Football Team, Pats, Packers - Yeah, I was that guy.  Really think a 3rd decent Def brings more points than an 8th WR.

K: Tucker - I've gotten pretty comfortable rolling the dice with one kicker in these leagues if I can get a solid one with a secure job.
Your QBs could keep you around even on your wr's bad weeks and if your backs don't do we well as you hope. The duo could outperform mine (mahomes and Ben)

I'm not sure what kickers were available when you took your 3rd defense but it's an interesting decision. Personally I'd rather have one top defense and 3 kickers but you could be right.

I fully expect either brate or OJ to be elsewhere next year, but if not Brady does like his TEs.

I like the team overall. Like all of us, you'll need a break or 3 to win this thing but the chances are as good as anyone.

QB: Murray 4.09, Tua 8.09
RB: Barkley 1.08, A. Jones 2.09, Wilson 9.08, Henderson 14.09, Duke Johnson 19.08
WR: Godwin 3.08, Higgins 5.08, Jeudy 7.08, Ruggs 11.08, Bateman (R) 12.09, MVS 15.08, Ty Wallace (R) 18.09
TE: Gesicki 6.09, Everett 10.09, Sample 17.08
K: Blankenship 13.08
DST: Chargers 16.09, Texans 20.09

I started off loving this team, then soured on it around the halfway point, but now I think I’m back to liking it again. Should have a really nice floor/ceiling pairing at QB, while Barkley and Jones should easily keep me at or near the top at RB. WR is loaded with young talent and corresponding upside - but with the destinations of so many of them unknown, there are undoubtedly a lot of ways this could go badly for me between now and May. TE is obviously a huge question mark, but the state of the position is so God-awful these days that a best-ball trio of guys who can just earn a bunch of snaps probably won’t lose too many points to the field.

Best of luck to all and see you back around here in a week or two.  :boxing:
I like tua just about as much as anyone does, but there's significant risk there (which of course could pay off well). 

Obviously your RBs are among the best in the league. I wanted Duke in the 20th but he shouldn't fall this far. Jones destination is key.

Very nice WR group, especially if the rookies play well. 

Don't really like your TEs but Everett could improve big time. 

Overall, I think you're a strong contender if Murray performs like he should and Barkley is healthy. 

Mahomes, Ben

The best in the business and a solid veteran backup. I gave thought to taking one of the rookies as a 3rd but that probably would have been a waste of a pick. Should be a strength.

Zeke, Pollard, Montgomery, Felton (R), jefferson (R)

Top 2 should be solid, the rookies could add to the depth or totally bust. Really wanted Duke late.

Aiyuk, Diontae, deVonta (R), MW, Green, watkins

3 vets (wouldn't call them solid), 2 of which will change teams. I probably didn't need to go 6 deep here but without a top #1, the depth should help.

E², Ertz, OJH

At least one, and probably two these guys will play elsewhere next year. If Howard keeps falling he'll be on a lot of my teams again.

Gay, slye

Two kickers with jobs. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Pitt, phi

A top defense, I think I could have gotten along without the eagles defense. 

In hindsight I would have taken N'Keal instead of Felton, j Kelly instead of the eagles defense, raiders instead of watkins.

2.08 DK Metcalf WR6 SEA

6.08 Tyler Boyd WR36 CIN

10.08 Cole Kmet TE23 CHI

12.08 Jakobi Meyers WR67 NEP

Took a look at the remaining WR's and Meyer's second half stuck out to me a little even with terrible QB play. Really only played in 11 games last year but finished as WR51, so add another 5 games and finish would have been higher.  Good chance Meyers in the WR1 in NE next year and hopefully QB play is better. So snagging a WR1 at WR67 seemed solid. Lots of targets and receptions, the TD's will come (although he did also throw 2 TD's). Didn't really sniff anything else here.

13.09    Preston Williams WR76 MIA  

Injury should be old news.  Talent and opportunity are there.  In the time they had together, he and Tua seemed to click. Williams to me has seemed like one of those guys always on the edge of busting out but never left the edge for one reason or another.  Personally I think Tua will end up being a bust for where he was drafted, so that kind of sucks, but if he ever starts throwing the ball downfield, maybe Williams will catch a few. Sniffed Trautman and D-Willy here. 

14.08    Daniel Carlson PK13 LVR   

Top PK in this league last year.  Hate the Raiders but watched a lot of their games and this dude is legit. (meaningless side comment: his newly resigned long snapper Trent Sieg went to high school with my kids here in our hometown of Eaton, CO.....they live about 2 blocks away) Trautman would have been my pick here and sniffed Dwilly again but felt PK's would be going and I was contemplating going with one so wanted a top guy. 

15.09    Damien Williams RB59 KCC

I was wondering how long I could wait so this felt solid here. He is coming back and I feel Dwilly should be one of the top tier "handcuffs" in the league due to the KC offense and this situation in particular.  In hindsight, I probably should have taken him earlier but it felt like most here are writing him off. Have a feeling he will be a little more than just a backup/handcuff. In best ball this was a no brainer. Bell will be long gone.  No other considerations here.

16.08    Zach Wilson QB32 FA

Hopefully the buzz turns into a starting gig, if so he could help out a few weeks.

17.09    Cleveland Browns DST21

Waited long enough, need one, I guess. May go solo here as DST just do not score here. 3 points separate 1 from 16 and 16 from 32 and none average more than 10 points a week. Mid range DST's get about 6 points a week, last place about 3. If you don't snag a top one, they are basically wasted picks and score so little you can probably make up the 3 point difference easily at other positions you could take with those picks that end up starting for you.  After the top teams that get some extra sacks or turnovers you are basically chasing your DST somehow getting a TD.  You could make a case for just taking your donut and try to load up another couple options at QB1/RB2/WR3/TE2/PK1. Sniffed Snell here.

18.08    Mike Badgley PK23  LAC

Meh....whatever....they should move the ball. Didn't love anything else, almost took Scott or Watkins.

19.09    Justin Jackson RB72 LAC

Looks like he should be RB2 in LAC.  Appears Jackson may be ahead of Kelley who was taken a few rounds earlier here I think.  Shows some burst, played well at end of season.  LAC could give him touches each week to spell Ekeler, and could be primary if Ekeler gets dinged. Boston Scott would have been the pick here and I almost took him last round. Sniffed around on Watkins and just not sure he comes back to KC at the right price, he could retire, and there are cheaper options in the draft that could provide same production or lack thereof at a discount. He just can't stay healthy and not sure I like him outside of KC.  Although I don't feel KC is sold on Hardman being a solid WR2 so I could see them bringing in an upgrade there and also addressing the position in the draft even though they have needs elsewhere.

20.08    Cincinnati Bengals DST30

Not sure I have ever taken so long for a 20th round pick, and something must be wrong with me as I actually felt myself agonizing over a last round pick in a bragging rights, 16 team best ball league, on a website, where I really don't know the other fellas, in the beginning of March. Draft is not over yet, so won't name drop, but tossed around a TE3 or a WR7.  Ultimately wore myself out mentally and wanted to go to bed so took a stupid defense.

16.08 Zach Wilson QB32 FA

Lot of if's here....could be ok....could be a #### show....FA will have a lot to say.

15.09  Damien Williams RB59 KCC
19.09 Justin Jackson RB72 LAC

Like this group overall.  Should be solid here in best ball. 

2.08 DK Metcalf WR6 SEA
4.08 Kenny Golladay WR22 FA
6.08 Tyler Boyd WR36 CIN
12.08 Jakobi Meyers WR67 NEP
13.09  Preston Williams WR76 MIA  

QB position cost me an extra body here or at TE. Debated on the 7th a few times but decided to ride or die with these 6 as I feel pretty confident in my top 4 carrying the mail.

10.08 Cole Kmet TE23 CHI

Weakness and I kind of punted, missed on a few I would have maybe added had they been there and just decided to ride it out.

14.08    Daniel Carlson PK13 LVR   
18.08    Mike Badgley PK23  LAC
17.09    Cleveland Browns DST21
20.08    Cincinnati Bengals DST30

Could be worse I guess.

Overall: as always need to pretty much be injury free at some spots.  Felt I got some decent value but not sure how the puzzle will really fit together. If the QB situation falls my way and I hit on Meyers and Preston, and Kmet I could hang round but this ain't a winner.  :banned:

:lmao: ....no respect for the staffer...MFL don't like all the rookies and don't understand the 2 PPR TE rule.........Sigmund Who....?

16.Sigmund Bloom

Sigmund Bloom's Coach had a poor draft in the recent 2021 2021 FBG WSL 1 !!11!!! 😎 draft. Their Sigmund Bloom franchise came away feeling dejected about their bottom grade in the league based on analysis by MyFantasyLeague.com.

Sigmund Bloom made their best pick of the draft in round 5, selecting Aaron Rodgers with the 67th pick of the draft, as compared to the 28th spot he should have been selected in, according to ADP rankings. "His stock is rising," Sigmund Bloom coach said.

Sigmund Bloom has the dubious distinction of making the worst pick of the entire draft, selecting George Kittle in round 1 with the 3rd pick of the draft, long before the 320th spot he should have been selected in, according to ADP rankings. "He's a work in progress," Sigmund Bloom coach said.

After such a pathetic draft grade, Sigmund Bloom is motivated to prove to the league that their picks will overachieve and bring home the trophy.

Users who are viewing this thread