Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

FFPC dynasty and redraft thread


Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

FBG FFPC Startup $250, June 5th (email)

I will submit the list to FFPC as soon as we get everyone's email; this could be tomorrow or a day or two from now. Fair warning, do not wait to make your deposits if the funds aren't there when needed you will be replaced with an alternate. (IE snooze u lose)

Quote and update the list by adding your email to the most recent reply.

NE_Revival 
Jabrony
Barackdhouse
Bombjack
FreeBaGeL
Menobrown
phandango
Marauders
Zyphros
Iheartff
Joey
Penguin

Alternate =(Grateful Zed)

 

If you have a suggestion for a league name post it here

I think I may have everyone's emails but I need to go through them and add them to the sheet. I plan to submit the excel by eod if I can.

Have we agreed on a lg name? Do we just go with FBG Shark Pool? Or something more creative? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

I like the updates, particularly for SF which is not my wheelhouse. I joined a $77 SF startup for practice\experimentation and plan to sell it after the season if not before. (All young, 3 future 1sts, 2rb,2qbs so far)

Stafford was 17th qb off the board at 5.10 as we get to the turn. 

We're finally having a legitimate WR run. About to fall off a value cliff I think after the next few WRs go off. Then there's gonna be a TE run. And a run on scrub veteran RBs and rookie RBs. Possibly also scrubs.

Here is the rookie order by round:

WRs:
Chase 4, Smith 5, Bateman 7, Waddle 8, R Moore 9

RBs:
Harris 2, Ettienne 3, Williams 4, Jefferson 7, Gainwell 7

QBs:
Lawrence 1, Fields 3, Wilson 4, Lance 5

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

I think I may have everyone's emails but I need to go through them and add them to the sheet. I plan to submit the excel by eod if I can.

Have we agreed on a lg name? Do we just go with FBG Shark Pool? Or something more creative? 

I'm terrible at handles and team names. I do know sharks are older than trees and that is pretty amazing. Some sharks, like great whites, have to swim forward continuously throughout their life in order to take in oxygen. Jaws traumatized me when I was 7. My parents thought it would be cute to let me watch it. It didn't work out. Despite that I'm a pisces and I'm like a fish in water. I love pools, lakes and streams and love to swim, especially on my back while *looking* forward. I like to call that floating. That is the end of my list about sharks and pools. They're apex predators. What happens when you put 12 of them in the same enclosed space? What would be a good name for *that*? Chum Factory?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

We're finally having a legitimate WR run. About to fall off a value cliff I think after the next few WRs go off. Then there's gonna be a TE run. And a run on scrub veteran RBs and rookie RBs. Possibly also scrubs.

Here is the rookie order by round:

WRs:
Chase 4, Smith 5, Bateman 7, Waddle 8, R Moore 9

RBs:
Harris 2, Ettienne 3, Williams 4, Jefferson 7, Gainwell 7

QBs:
Lawrence 1, Fields 3, Wilson 4, Lance 5

 

Mine almost identical except so far (at 6.1) Chase went 3.12.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@barackdhousewent on a bit of a stream of consciousness run there for a bit. Hope the meds have worn off a bit, man ;) 

 

Sharkpool name is fine with me. Anything is better than my current FFPC league called “$77 Dynasty #49”. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, joey said:

Sharkpool name is fine with me. Anything is better than my current FFPC league called “$77 Dynasty #49”. 

All my leagues are like this, I was not even aware they could be named, just thought they were all labeled with the entry fee followed by the number.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re League:

I sent the sheet in and Dave emailed me back saying we have one owner who didn't have enough funds. I have PM'd the owner and will give him\her until eod tomorrow to get the funds in there or we will need to move on to an alternate.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

Re League:

I sent the sheet in and Dave emailed me back saying we have one owner who didn't have enough funds. I have PM'd the owner and will give him\her until eod tomorrow to get the funds in there or we will need to move on to an alternate.  

I'm 99% sure I know the answer but just in case anyone was wondering, I think the draft order that is in the system right now is just a placeholder until the 12th team fills. Then an official draw happens and an email gets sent out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I'm 99% sure I know the answer but just in case anyone was wondering, I think the draft order that is in the system right now is just a placeholder until the 12th team fills. Then an official draw happens and an email gets sent out.

yes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I'm 99% sure I know the answer but just in case anyone was wondering, I think the draft order that is in the system right now is just a placeholder until the 12th team fills. Then an official draw happens and an email gets sent out.

Yes, I believe that is correct

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Penguin said:

I just saw they pulled the $350 from my balance

Me too. League link is there in you FFPC home page if y"all wanna bookmark the league page.  Excited to get this rolling. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, joey said:

Me too. League link is there in you FFPC home page if y"all wanna bookmark the league page.  Excited to get this rolling. 

Yeah, I'm excited to see the real draft order once team 12 joins

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I told Dave when we submitted the sheet we would like to get our draft order asap so we should have it soon. The funds glitch we had with 1 owner is resolved and I expect we ill be rockin and rolling this afternoon. 

Edited by NE_REVIVAL
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

I told Da when we submitted the sheet we would like to get our draft order asap so we should have it soon. The funds glitch we had with 1 owner is resolved and I expect we ill be rockin and rolling this afternoon. 

Draft order was emailed to me this morning!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Draft order is in. 

I think it would work better if people kept their forum name here as their team name. Or would that be a bad idea that someone might not make a deal with another player because of who they are?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, as far as I could tell, none of you are in any of my other FFPC leagues. 

Gonna be a looooong wait until the draft starts.

By the way, we can trade startup picks, in case anyone wants to get the action started!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I changed my name back to barack. I'm kind of sick of that handle to be honest but I think it makes sense to keep our forum name so no biggie. 

23 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Draft order is in. 

I think it would work better if people kept their forum name here as their team name. Or would that be a bad idea that someone might not make a deal with another player because of who they are?

I don't see that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, phandango said:

Well, as far as I could tell, none of you are in any of my other FFPC leagues. 

Gonna be a looooong wait until the draft starts.

By the way, we can trade startup picks, in case anyone wants to get the action started!

I think we need consensus on that first

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I can't think of a compelling reason to say no let's not trade. But it scares me a little just because I've never sat waiting for this long and my gut says we shouldn't. For awhile. But I don't have a strong opinion on it, we all paid. I think my fear is that one or more people will regret what they do now come June, and I guess I'd hate to see that. 

Also, I believe one of the main premises (for many) behind waiting until June wasn't just about our own availability but that we wanted to wait until after the NFL draft and subsequent rookie drafts as it relates to reading the NFL landscape *prior* to our startup. Otherwise we might have done the startup right now.

That's just me though.

 

Edited by barackdhouse
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I can't think of a compelling reason to say no let's not trade. But it scares me a little just because I've never sat waiting for this long and my gut says we shouldn't. For awhile. But I don't have a strong opinion on it, we all paid. I think my fear is that one or more people will regret what they do now come June, and I guess I'd hate to see that. 

Also, I believe one of the main premises (for many) behind waiting until June wasn't just about our own availability but that we wanted to wait until after the NFL draft and subsequent rookie drafts as it relates to reading the NFL landscape *prior* to our startup. Otherwise we might have done the startup right now.

That's just me though.

 

To me because it's officially "started" there's no reason we shouldn't be allowed to trade. If you make a trade you regret later on come draft time, it's your fault no? Just like any other trade. 

The issue I see is it shows peoples hands a bit early. Some prefer to trade out of the startup completely, and some prefer to go all in for the current year, it would give other teams time to catch up. That could be a good thing or a bad thing. I don't really know either. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

To me because it's officially "started" there's no reason we shouldn't be allowed to trade. If you make a trade you regret later on come draft time, it's your fault no? Just like any other trade. 

 

Yeah for sure. I still think the premise was to wait though. Would like to let everyone have their voice on it first is my main thing. I'll go either way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I assumed trading would be open when the league was formed.

That's the way I see it too.  If people want to make trades now they can.   I won't be making any trades until after the NFL draft but that's just me.  If some of you guys want to, I don't see any reason not to allow it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My 2 cents: I assumed we could start trading as soon as draft order was set and don't really see any reason why we shouldn't. Those who want to wait until after the rookie draft are free to do so but I wouldn't want to prevent others from making trades now. We are all adults here.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

My 2 cents: I assumed we could start trading as soon as draft order was set and don't really see any reason why we shouldn't. Those who want to wait until after the rookie draft are free to do so but I wouldn't want to prevent others from making trades now. We are all adults here.

Agreed. 
 

I have the feeling that general FFPC strategy and chatter in this thread might reduce due to the fact that 12 of us are now in a league together ;) 

 

ETA: Maybe we can move the league-specific chatter over the the league's FFPC's chat board instead of using this thread? 2cents 

Edited by joey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, joey said:

eeling that general FFPC strategy and chatter in this thread might reduce due to the fact that 12 of us are now in a league together ;) 

ETA: Maybe we can move the league-specific chatter over the the league's FFPC's chat board instead of using this thread? 2cents 

I was thinking that, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alright well I'll give an update on my SF startup. There isn't really anything interesting that I see other than I saw Penny go 10.02, Mac Jones came off mid 10th. It's pretty vanilla at this point. Guy on clock is trying hard to sell it as the time to buy Jonnu. No bites so far. I don't think people are running out to get him now that he went to NE. I do expect people to start stalling in earnest as free agency is unfolding.

I'll just go ahead and share I took Waddle at 8.10. Main idea and this is only FFPC centric in the sense that we have talked about the inherent advantages, perceived or otherwise, of drafting before FA and the NFL draft. But the same idea would apply in other formats. And that is that these rookies and/or FA guys that haven't signed yet, are inherently valued lower by the FF community right now and can be had later in a startup draft here in March than come June. Corey Davis just peeled off at 11.05 and who knows maybe he lands somewhere interesting and gets a small bump. Probably not a lot, though.

But once Waddle gets drafted I have to imagine that in a startup he would get bumped dramatically. So whether I like the guy or not I just thought the value there was too great. In a couple months I could flip him for a lot more than anyone else in that 8.10 range. Or so I'm banking. Jefferson, Gibson were good examples of this for me last year. Drafted them ridiculously late in the early spring startups I did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

Alright well I'll give an update on my SF startup. There isn't really anything interesting that I see other than I saw Penny go 10.02, Mac Jones came off mid 10th. It's pretty vanilla at this point. Guy on clock is trying hard to sell it as the time to buy Jonnu. No bites so far. I don't think people are running out to get him now that he went to NE. I do expect people to start stalling in earnest as free agency is unfolding.

I'll just go ahead and share I took Waddle at 8.10. Main idea and this is only FFPC centric in the sense that we have talked about the inherent advantages, perceived or otherwise, of drafting before FA and the NFL draft. But the same idea would apply in other formats. And that is that these rookies and/or FA guys that haven't signed yet, are inherently valued lower by the FF community right now and can be had later in a startup draft here in March than come June. Corey Davis just peeled off at 11.05 and who knows maybe he lands somewhere interesting and gets a small bump. Probably not a lot, though.

But once Waddle gets drafted I have to imagine that in a startup he would get bumped dramatically. So whether I like the guy or not I just thought the value there was too great. In a couple months I could flip him for a lot more than anyone else in that 8.10 range. Or so I'm banking. Jefferson, Gibson were good examples of this for me last year. Drafted them ridiculously late in the early spring startups I did.

This seems like a great move.  These next-tier QBs seem to just consistently rise as we approach the NFL draft.  Both in NFL terms and fantasy terms.  I think the chances are very high that Jones is drafted to be the QB going forward for some team, and I'd put the odds on favorite of it happening in the NFL's first round at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

This seems like a great move.  These next-tier QBs seem to just consistently rise as we approach the NFL draft.  Both in NFL terms and fantasy terms.  I think the chances are very high that Jones is drafted to be the QB going forward for some team, and I'd put the odds on favorite of it happening in the NFL's first round at this point.

Yeah probably true. The other rookie QBs were way more expensive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I'd put the odds on favorite of it happening in the NFL's first round at this point.

I've assumed it was foregone conclusion he's a first round pick for a few weeks. With the QB landscape I just can't see how he could get past NE, Chicago and WFT in mid round one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For those of you that buy orphans and rebuild them, what exactly are you looking for when you look? Also do you look on FFPC or dynasty depot? or are there other places that offer the sale of those teams? 

I take a look every once in a while at buying a cheapy but then I remember all my FFPC leagues are stingy when it comes to trades. Which makes me think that rebuilding something, even for cheap, isn't the way to go. But I know lots of people have a lot of success with that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

For those of you that buy orphans and rebuild them, what exactly are you looking for when you look? Also do you look on FFPC or dynasty depot? or are there other places that offer the sale of those teams? 

I take a look every once in a while at buying a cheapy but then I remember all my FFPC leagues are stingy when it comes to trades. Which makes me think that rebuilding something, even for cheap, isn't the way to go. But I know lots of people have a lot of success with that. 

I've bought three orphans. All were before Dynasty Depot, so I just bought off FFPC. I look for a balance. Gotta have at least one top-10 RB. Preferably deep at WR and/or TE, so I have depth to make trades. If superflex, at least two startable QBs. It needs to have its first-rounder in the upcoming draft. You can typically look at the draft picks and tell where the team finished (if a bunch of the picks are the same spot in each round -- 5.09, 6.09, 7.09 -- then the team likely finished fourth). If you know that the team made the playoffs, then you at least know it's not a total loser. It's common to find good teams. Some owners just want to take their winnings and cash out. I tend to avoid the discounted teams. I'm not into multi-year rebuilds when I'm paying $250 or more each season. 

Incidentally, this forum might be a good place for us to list teams we're willing to sell. I've never sold one, though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Zyphros said:

For those of you that buy orphans and rebuild them, what exactly are you looking for when you look? Also do you look on FFPC or dynasty depot? or are there other places that offer the sale of those teams? 

I take a look every once in a while at buying a cheapy but then I remember all my FFPC leagues are stingy when it comes to trades. Which makes me think that rebuilding something, even for cheap, isn't the way to go. But I know lots of people have a lot of success with that. 

I can't narrow it down to a specific formula or something. Looking for premium assets (ones I like) and rising assets (that I like but maybe the market is lower on) and perhaps some assets that if nothing else I think they hold trade value. I tend to be a "my guy" kind of drafter and manager, meaning there may be some names that I feel I can build around even with not much else around. I bought a couple teams with CMC because I figured it would be fun since I have never had him in dynasty. Fun is part of it. I like the challenge of turning a team around. Each had a few other solid assets where I was like all I gotta do is trim around the edges, make some good moves and run my typical FFPC approach(es) and this given team should be a playoff team in year 1. But maybe I bought it for $99. 

But I really only bought maybe 2 or 3 that are legitimate rebuilds IMO, meaning I have no realistic shot at competing year 1 unless a few very good breaks go my way. I've done that before, though. And in FFPC it can happen quite quickly. The other orphans I bought (and many of them for the same discounted prices or very close to it) were actually very strong playoff teams last year but just didn't quite close the deal and I *think* those owners were simply disgruntled and walked away. Or teams that are strong but had a couple guys underperform due to injury. See squads with CMC/Barkley/Thomas for example. I couldn't know something was a playoff team until I made the purchase, but I could look at the assets and make that call. I could try to add up assets per the Hindery style values I've talked about upthread, but I think mostly it is a gut call looking at ok what would this starting roster look like today? And where is there room to (easily) improve? IMO improvement can happen faster in FFPC than anywhere else, which I know they use as a selling point but they're right.

Some of my FFPC leagues are stingy and low in activity and I have no answer for that. It ruins this. But I am one of the top 2 or 3 most active traders in all my leagues historically. I am quite a bit farther on the loose side of risk tolerance than many others. I I actually think that is a crucial trait in rebuilding. You *have* to be willing to get dirty.

Some of these playoff caliber teams that are discounted are only discounted because maybe they only have one good QB in superflex (I've been favoring that format but not totally) and they know that the masses are turned off by that so they sell cheaper. Or maybe they only have one 1st rounder and it's late, or none at all. Draft capital is a big factor in the price, but should it be? I think at the margins it should. Like it should clearly be cheaper if they have almost nothing. And it should be more if they have a ton. 

 

Edited by barackdhouse
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

One of my SF startups from last year (not the one with Zyphros), I feel like my team is maybe more stacked than any of mine, though I *only* made the playoffs last year and didn't cash. But I don't really have any draft capital. My first pick is later 2nd and then a couple 4ths. Also no future 2nd but I do have my future 1st still. How much relative to the $250 baseline would somebody expect to see this listed for at auction on DD? I hope to never ever sell this team, it is just an example.

Allen, Rodgers, Ben
Henry, Robinson, Mixon, Hunt
Jefferson, Metcalf, McLaurin, Chark, Slayton
Fant, Higbee

TE seems the biggest weakness along with the lack of draft capital. 

Now here is an orphan I bought recently, again SF. How much would you expect there?:

Ben
Gibson, Zeke, Fournette, Mattison, Gaskin
Lamb, Adams, Evans, Julio, Fuller
Jonnu
That's 12 and I have some scrubs I may keep or I may buy a couple players before cuts but this is what you'd be looking at along with 1.10, 2.10 and so on to 7.10 and all future picks. QB is completely ####ed and TE is ####ty as well. But RB and WR are primed and TE is easy enough to deal with. If your expectation is you won't be satisfied unless it is Kittle or Waller then I think you should adjust expectations, keep hustling but almost *anything* is an upgrade in this example. There has *got* to be some owners with cut candidate or bubble TEs that you like and/or just helping them get to 14 skill players by selling someone decent (not a cut candidate). So TE should be easy to work with on this roster. 

QB is the obvious flaw. And it is a big one, but how much should this team be? Keep in mind there *will* be QBs available in the draft, both rookies and vets. It is so hard to hold all these guys that QBs can be streamed even in SF. Also, what is so wrong with starting Evans, Julio or Fournette (if he gets a big role) instead? Not ideal but not season killing. I have time to find QBs.
 

 

Edited by barackdhouse
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, phandango said:

Incidentally, this forum might be a good place for us to list teams we're willing to sell. I've never sold one, though. 

I'm against that but mostly because this thing could quickly devolve over time into a classified ads thread. There is actually an FBG forum for buying/selling teams and looking for leagues and such. That is just my opinion though. I think it is good if we talk about examples and the process, especially as it relates to the notion of rebuilding, competing now, etc.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/10-looking-for-leagues/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yet another SF wrinkle:

In the startups you are only allowed to come out with no more than 3 QBs. You can trade or acquire more than that later but can only have 3 during the startup. Software prevents you from getting 4. A couple of the owners didn't know that and are trying to deal with it as best they can.

But for me, I only have two QBs right now and am looking at maybe taking another one soon. Or even moving up to get one. But then looking at the rosters there are only two other teams that don't have their max already. So in other words there are only two teams that the software will even allow to snipe me. Furthermore the software will only allow three more QBs to be taken off the board. So looking at my board I think I'm happy to conclude that I can get my 3rd streamer as late as 20.20 and truly punt on it for now. Take upside guys at other positions instead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, barackdhouse said:

... The other orphans I bought (and many of them for the same discounted prices or very close to it) were actually very strong playoff teams last year but just didn't quite close the deal and I *think* those owners were simply disgruntled and walked away....

 

Yeah I see a lot of teams with pick X.09 listed.  Good teams, perhaps 1 or 2 seeds, that made the finals but didn't cash at all.  That can be very frustrating.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

Yet another SF wrinkle:

In the startups you are only allowed to come out with no more than 3 QBs. You can trade or acquire more than that later but can only have 3 during the startup. Software prevents you from getting 4. A couple of the owners didn't know that and are trying to deal with it as best they can.

But for me, I only have two QBs right now and am looking at maybe taking another one soon. Or even moving up to get one. But then looking at the rosters there are only two other teams that don't have their max already. So in other words there are only two teams that the software will even allow to snipe me. Furthermore the software will only allow three more QBs to be taken off the board. So looking at my board I think I'm happy to conclude that I can get my 3rd streamer as late as 20.20 and truly punt on it for now. Take upside guys at other positions instead.

Has this rule always been in place for standard SF leagues? I drafted two SF teams last year that both came away with four QBs each, but they were both best ball leagues, which don't seem to have that rule (makes sense). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, phandango said:

Has this rule always been in place for standard SF leagues? I drafted two SF teams last year that both came away with four QBs each, but they were both best ball leagues, which don't seem to have that rule (makes sense). 

I believe best ball does actually have different rules. I know they go 10 round in the rookie draft for example. And I don't know about prior to last year - those were my first FFPC SF startups.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/8/2021 at 10:58 AM, menobrown said:

Did you get in a draft? For sure I think doing a draft now increases odds of gaining an edge, and also increases odds of drafting a bad team but in this format I think it's worth tradeoff.

I'm big on slow drafts this time of year, time wasters, I'm in round 7 of my draft now.

How is yours going? All done yet?

On 3/9/2021 at 7:35 AM, barackdhouse said:

From the 12 spot:

Hurts 8, Tua 15
Swift 2, J Williams 3, Vaughn 9, Jefferson 10, Stevenson 13, Hill 14, Felton 16
Diggs 1, McLaurin 4, Juju 5, Chark 6, G Davis 11, B Edwards 18
Hockenson 7, Higbee 12
Wash 17, Cleve 20
Lutz 19

I did another of these this morning from the 10 spot. Decided to double down on this notion that we might need to really target the RBs early this year in redraft. So I went basically zero-WR here. Specifically RB/RB/RB/RB/QB/TE followed by 5 WRs:

Lamar 5, Tua 17
Swift 1, Gibson 2, Harris 3, J Williams 4, Jefferson 12, Felton 15
Viska 7, Reagor 10, G Davis 11, Perriman 18, Chase 8, Waddle 9, Bateman 14, E Moore 16
Hockenson 6, Firkser 13
Chargers 20 Lutz 19

Gonna need some WRs to really emerge.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...