What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kamala Harris' border crisis. Biden put her in charge. (2 Viewers)

To be honest with you, I don't think the politics here really have much effect on how many people are trying to migrate over to the US. When you're fleeing a country that is filled with poverty, crime and gang violence, you're going to do whatever you can to get out and try to provide a better life for you and your family. Whether the President of the country you want to migrate to tells you to come or not, you're going to try and do it because the other option is to go back home where your life is a living hell and there is no opportunity for a future.
So are you calling that illegal a liar who said point blank when interviewed he wouldnt have came had Trump been president?  OK then.

To be honest with you, I don't think the politics here really have much effect on how many people are trying to migrate over to the US. When you're fleeing a country that is filled with poverty, crime and gang violence, you're going to do whatever you can to get out and try to provide a better life for you and your family. Whether the President of the country you want to migrate to tells you to come or not, you're going to try and do it because the other option is to go back home where your life is a living hell and there is no opportunity for a future.

There's a reason EVERY single President since Clinton has had a flow like this at the beginning of their Presidency :shrug:  
Looks like some of the stats are showing that too.  I think it was Commish that brought up the point of testing the waters more with a change in power.  on top of that we saw a couple hurricanes and covid effect already struggling countries. 

So are you calling that illegal a liar who said point blank when interviewed he wouldnt have came had Trump been president?  OK then.
No, I'm sure there might have been some who were more motivated as a result of hearing Biden might be more lax on the border, but I still don't think in totality it has much of an effect.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/20/us-mexico-border-immigration-crisis-477277

Biden’s critics say his messaging is squarely to blame for the thousands of migrants coming now: But more than half a dozen asylum-seekers interviewed by POLITICO said they would make the trek regardless of who was in the White House. Some of their reasons: lack of job opportunities, concern for the safety of their family and devastation from last year’s back-to-back hurricanes that walloped parts of Central America.

For Reyes, the decision came after she received threats that Meylin and Freddy would be kidnapped and killed if she didn’t pay a fee to keep them safe. She said she knew the threats were real because her husband's friend recently was kidnapped, tortured and killed even though his family paid the ransom. (Reyes did not discuss her husband’s whereabouts.)
This isn't an uncommon situation for what these migrants are going through. It's literally a life or death decision for a lot of these people, they certainly aren't going to hold back from trying to get a better life for themselves because of who is President at the time.

Immigration Act 1907:
Passed into law in Feb. 1907.

"All idiots, imbeciles, feebleminded persons, epileptics, insane persons, and persons who have been insane within five years previous; persons who have had two or more attacks of insanity at any time previously; paupers; persons likely to become a public charge; professional beggars; persons afflicted with tuberculosis or with a loathsome or dangerous contagious disease; persons not comprehended within any of the foregoing excluded classes who are found to be and are certified by the examining surgeon as being mentally or physically defective, such mental or physical defect being of a nature which may affect the ability of such alien to earn a living"

On April 17, 1907, an all-time daily high of 11,747 immigrants received is reached; that year, Ellis Island experiences its highest number of immigrants received in a single year, with 1,004,756 arrivals.

Your wish should be granted
I realize that this was written over 100 years ago, but I keep picturing some dude reading it out loud in some public square.  it makes me laugh.  We're not takin' no idiots!

To who Mexico?  IDGAF.  We shouldn't be trying to solve the worlds problems, we have enough of our own.  The fact is Trumps policies were effective keeping illegals out or at least slowing them down.  
Yep, instead of living in tent cities waiting for the legal process to work, Biden rescinded those policies that started the mad rush.  And Biden has no idea how to handle it now.  MSM networks begging to be let into the cage facilities that are up to 1,550% capacity and holding children longer than 3 days by law.  They won't let the press in.  

To who Mexico?  IDGAF.  We shouldn't be trying to solve the worlds problems, we have enough of our own.  The fact is Trumps policies were effective keeping illegals out or at least slowing them down.  
Shifts to a lot of places.  And the difference is I do care.  As they are our allies.  Just saying its your problem because they border us is not a solution either.  It again just shifts the problem down the line rather than address the actual problem.

His policies just moved things down the line vs really creating or helping the situation with any type of actual solution. 

What did everyone expect?

There was no plan in place when Biden overturned Trumps border policies.   The border is a huge undertaking and without a solid plan in place a disaster is sure to follow..and that is what is happening now.  With Biden banning media coverage it has to be way worse than we imagine.

I have no idea why he was in such a rush to overturn everything with nothing in place to handle the crisis. If you are going make a change do it right not half assed.    Biden could have waited for 3-6 months or whatever to get things organized, planned and in some sort of order.  Right now it is a chaotic free for all.

Shifts to a lot of places.  And the difference is I do care.  As they are our allies.  Just saying its your problem because they border us is not a solution either.  It again just shifts the problem down the line rather than address the actual problem.

His policies just moved things down the line vs really creating or helping the situation with any type of actual solution. 
Caring is half the battle

Kids in cages. Rampant spreading of coronavirus.  1000+percent overcrowded. National guard called in. Human trafficking increase with sexual assaults. Children separated from adults. Massive increase to taxpayers. Shut down the border.

If I didn't know any better, from past  complaints on this board, I would've thought Trump was still in office 🤔.  

Eta. Complete and utter failure on the Biden administration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kids in cages. Rampant spreading of coronavirus.  1000+percent overcrowded. National guard called in. Human trafficking increase with sexual assaults. Children separated from adults. Massive increase to taxpayers. Shut down the boarder.

If I didn't know any better, from past  complaints on this board, I would've thought Trump was still in office 🤔.  

Eta. Complete and utter failure on the Biden administration.
Yet it's even worse.   It's Biden calling for a rush on the border.     The good thing is nobody crosses the boarder without the Mexican mafia getting paid.   So it is in fact controlled.

Still not a crisis tho!!!
FEMA.  "E" stands for Emergency.  

FEMA's definition of Emergency - Any occasion or instance--such as a hurricane, tornado, storm, flood, tidal wave, tsunami, earthquake, volcanic eruption, landslide, mudslide, snowstorm, fire, explosion, nuclear accident, or any other natural or man-made catastrophe--that warrants action to save lives and to protect property, public health, and safety.

This appears to fall into the general category of other man-made catastrophe.

The worst part for us capitalists is that illegals eventually end up becoming citizens and having children and their children have children.  They vote Democrat 2 to 1...and a big reason why border states Az and Texas are turning blue.

That's a real problem for those of us that believe capitalism is the answer and not the problem.

The worst part for us capitalists is that illegals eventually end up becoming citizens and having children and their children have children.  They vote Democrat 2 to 1...and a big reason why border states Az and Texas are turning blue.

That's a real problem for those of us that believe capitalism is the answer and not the problem.
If you really believed in capitalism you would believe in open immigration. The two go hand in hand. Capitalism doesn’t work with a closed border, or tariffs. 

If you really believed in capitalism you would believe in open immigration. The two go hand in hand. Capitalism doesn’t work with a closed border, or tariffs. 
Closed border is different than "open immigration."

it's not an all or nothing solution.

Biden and the Democrats are on the wrong side of this as usual...mostly because they understand that illegals = blue states.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, from a political perspective: Latino immigrants, in terms of their political, economic, and cultural views, are natural conservatives. Just about the only reason most of them vote Democrat is that they believe the Republican Party is opposed to them. Remove the GOP’s current stance on immigration, go back to the days of Ronald Reagan, and you’ll be astonished how many of these people will vote Republican. 

Also, from a political perspective: Latino immigrants, in terms of their political, economic, and cultural views, are natural conservatives. Just about the only reason most of them vote Democrat is that they believe the Republican Party is opposed to them. Remove the GOP’s current stance on immigration, go back to the days of Ronald Reagan, and you’ll be astonished how many of these people will vote Republican. 
I agree with this, but the fact of the matter is they are voting Dem.  The Republicans definitely need a more Latino friendly message, and it should be concentrated on capitalism = Latino jobs, which is the truth.

Closed border is different than "open immigration."

it's not an all or nothing solution.

Biden and the Democrats are on the wrong side of this as usual...mostly because they understand that illegals = blue states.
This is a non-issue. The 3 states that undocumented people come to are California, Arizona and Texas. California is already blue. Arizona and Texas are heading that way- undocumented people aren’t going to speed up the process. In fact, given pluralism, they actually slow it down by making people who are opposed to what’s happening more eager to vote. 

On the bright side, the Dems are starting to loose house seats because of this. Vela and Kirkpatrick not running for reelection.  

On the bright side, the Dems are starting to loose house seats because of this. Vela and Kirkpatrick not running for reelection.  
Suprised CNN isactually ripping the Biden administration on the border crisis now for not holding a presser on it, not taking control and for not allowing media any coverage.   The head of homeland said they would release some footage soon.     Right now it was reported they have 500 kids jammed in like sardines into a facility that maximum is 200.   But when they "release" footage I am sure all the kids will be in clean clothes eating ice cream.   Also release footage?  What is this China?  Releasing whatever fits their agenda?

We need the Senate back...but House seats are a nice start.

I hope this country is learning a lesson here.

You shouldn’t be surprised. If you stopped buying into the false notion that CNN has a liberal bias, you would realize that they cover both political parties equally, as does the entire mainstream media. 
Big Blue L

Scientifically established with independent research, third party analysis by Pew Research, blind surveys, community feedback and editorial review.  

What you got?

Shall I quote you some Ronald Reagan? Or show about Emma Lazarus? 
Go for it, illegal immigration as a moral platform is sure to provide a laugh or two.

Only it isn't actually funny... illegal immigration is an awful and horrific enterprise.  

Go for it, illegal immigration as a moral platform is sure to provide a laugh or two.

Only it isn't actually funny... illegal immigration is an awful and horrific enterprise.  
“Illegal immigration” is a political term. Undocumented immigration has been occurring since before this country was founded. 

Have you seen the younger generations voting patterns too? They overwhelmingly hate the Republican Party and have much more liberal views. If you care about capitalism staying around, you've got much bigger worries than immigrants coming here.

“Illegal immigration” is a political term. Undocumented immigration has been occurring since before this country was founded. 
Please don't dodge with semantics.  Call it what you want - it is a terrible operation that preys on the immigrant.

While you are backpedaling, lets also just skip to the part where you stop using it as moral leverage.

Users who are viewing this thread