What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kamala Harris' border crisis. Biden put her in charge. (3 Viewers)

Are we to the point now that just about anything a POTUS does that is wrong (or doesn't do)  is an impeachable offense? 
obviously no, but doesn't it strike you a little hypocritical & stupid that Biden & his minions spout mandates to get me vaccinated(I am) & lets in a million illegal immigrants un-vaccinated?   any reasonable answer for that?  votes over health appears the main reason, but hey I open to another explanation.  lets hear it.

I can see how some people are a little perplexed with the whole covid deal when they, the upper elite, Biden, his wife, Dem leaders flaunt us on a weekly basis with their total disregard for what they are telling us to do by going un-masked?

Do what I say but don't do what I do.

Biden, 50 years on the government dole & people think he is for us?  we have a puppet as a president being run by puppeteers telling you that they know best.  cripes, they won't even let him take questions from the press.  what does that tell you?

rant over.

Are we to the point now that just about anything a POTUS does that is wrong (or doesn't do)  is an impeachable offense? 

Protecting U.S. citizens and preventing invasions has to be one of the top jobs of the COMMANDER IN CHIEF of these United States.  If not doing that isn't impeachable, nothing is.

Protecting U.S. citizens and preventing invasions has to be one of the top jobs of the COMMANDER IN CHIEF of these United States.  If not doing that isn't impeachable, nothing is.
well of course, but votes are more important to this administration.   laws?  what laws? 

If only Kamala and Joe could work together on this issue. 

She could send the cartel members over to Cali to help with the shipping issues because they don't seem to have ANY problems moving people and goods all over the USA. 

invasion? :lol:

So basically we should have impeached every president from the last 30-40 years because of the ####ty job at the border.  

obviously no, but doesn't it strike you a little hypocritical & stupid that Biden & his minions spout mandates to get me vaccinated(I am) & lets in a million illegal immigrants un-vaccinated?   any reasonable answer for that?  votes over health appears the main reason, but hey I open to another explanation.  lets hear it.

I can see how some people are a little perplexed with the whole covid deal when they, the upper elite, Biden, his wife, Dem leaders flaunt us on a weekly basis with their total disregard for what they are telling us to do by going un-masked?

Do what I say but don't do what I do.

Biden, 50 years on the government dole & people think he is for us?  we have a puppet as a president being run by puppeteers telling you that they know best.  cripes, they won't even let him take questions from the press.  what does that tell you?

rant over.
I've said multiple times it's dumb that we aren't vaccinating these people.  That we can agree on for sure.  

Your other parts of the rants about its only about votes (in the sense that you seem to think he just wants these people here to vote D??)  or the "puppet" stuff ?  on your own there. 

American missionaries taken hostage in Haiti, including 5 children. Haitians in Florida protest begging Momala to stop sending Haitian illegals there. 

You couldnt screw up worse than this administration has if you were trying to. 

Unreal. Where's Kamala to address "root causes?"

Facebook has admitted to allowing users “to share information about how to enter a country illegally or request information about how to be smuggled,” in a letter to the Arizona attorney general. 

The admission came after Attorney General Mark Brnovich wrote to CEO Mark Zuckerberg to request information about reports that human smugglers and drug cartels are using the platform “to advertise their services” to help migrants “on their dangerous journey and unlawful entry into the United States,” 

https://nypost.com/2021/10/19/facebook-admits-to-letting-users-share-human-smuggling-info/

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/facebook-says-it-allowed-users-to-request-info-about-how-to-be-smuggled-into-u-s-illegally-124085829855

source: Washington Post

More than 1.3 million migrants have been taken into custody along the southern border in the nine months since Biden took office...In the fiscal years between 2012 and 2020, border arrests averaged about 540,000. 

Many migrants have told reporters they opted to make the risky journey north, at great cost and considerable danger, with the belief that Biden would allow them to stay.

Earlier this year, Biden directed Vice President Harris to address the “root causes” of migration from Central America’s Northern Triangle nations — Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador. But the strategy has had little to no measurable effect, and Harris has distanced herself from the border and immigration issues generally.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/border-arrests-have-soared-to-all-time-high-new-cbp-data-shows/ar-AAPKf8k?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBnb7Kz

Unreal. Where's Kamala to address "root causes?"

Facebook has admitted to allowing users “to share information about how to enter a country illegally or request information about how to be smuggled,” in a letter to the Arizona attorney general. 

The admission came after Attorney General Mark Brnovich wrote to CEO Mark Zuckerberg to request information about reports that human smugglers and drug cartels are using the platform “to advertise their services” to help migrants “on their dangerous journey and unlawful entry into the United States,” 

https://nypost.com/2021/10/19/facebook-admits-to-letting-users-share-human-smuggling-info/

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/facebook-says-it-allowed-users-to-request-info-about-how-to-be-smuggled-into-u-s-illegally-124085829855
I've posted about this a few times with 🦗

Doesn't matter who is in charge, they are morphing the message to fit their needs.  Last 4 years it was on the lines of :  you better go now, because there might be a wall mixed with videos of people successfully scaling the wall and getting over.   Now it's that anybody can get it, and Biden promised this or that.   

This is the stuff that the whistleblower was talking about as well, but people also don't seem that interested in that message either.  

I've posted about this a few times with 🦗

This is the stuff that the whistleblower was talking about as well, but people also don't seem that interested in that message either.  
Why do you think there is crickets (I assume that's the emoji) and the bolded? It frankly baffles me how little press coverage this entire issue gets.

Why do you think there is crickets (I assume that's the emoji) and the bolded? It frankly baffles me how little press coverage this entire issue gets.
0 clue.   Somebody brought up the possibility of one side of the aisle being against the idea of whistleblowers?

I think part of it is just our personal experience with SM (and our simple, snarky solutions like "don't click on it") , but it's pretty scary how it's being used around the globe and this is just one example.  This is a complex issue that is way more than just who is in the White House.  

Last edited by a moderator:
0 clue.   Somebody brought up the possibility of one side of the aisle being against the idea of whistleblowers?

I think part of it is just our personal experience with SM, but it's pretty scary how it's being used around the globe and this is just one example.  This is a complex issue that is way more than just who is in the White House.  
Yet there is still a lot they can do...if they actually viewed it as a priority. But based on their history I'm betting more crickets as the Garland/Harris/Biden response.

Bronvich said he’s seeking assistance from the Justice Department because states "are largely preempted from enforcing federal immigration laws and certain criminal statutes related to human smuggling."

Yet there is still a lot they can do...if they actually viewed it as a priority. But based on their history I'm betting more crickets as the Garland/Harris/Biden response.

Bronvich said he’s seeking assistance from the Justice Department because states "are largely preempted from enforcing federal immigration laws and certain criminal statutes related to human smuggling."
I guess I am not 100% what they can force FB or other SM outlets to do in this case.    They would have to change their business model internally, wouldn't they?   I guess what I am saying is I wouldn't imagine that us setting rules for them would effect how they use it in other countries.  

Like I've said before, I don't think we as a country are overly serious about the border anyway.  We seem to talk out of both sides of our mouths on the issue as a whole.  

I guess I am not 100% what they can force FB or other SM outlets to do in this case.    They would have to change their business model internally, wouldn't they?   I guess what I am saying is I wouldn't imagine that us setting rules for them would effect how they use it in other countries.  

Like I've said before, I don't think we as a country are overly serious about the border anyway.  We seem to talk out of both sides of our mouths on the issue as a whole.  
so we have the most illegal immigrants in the last 10 months in roughly 50 years & you don't think Biden is responsible?

so we have the most illegal immigrants in the last 10 months in roughly 50 years & you don't think Biden is responsible?
Odd take away from that post.  

I've voiced my opinion of Biden and his handling of the border several times in here.  

Odd take away from that post.  

I've voiced my opinion of Biden and his handling of the border several times in here.  
only thing I've noticed is your posts seem to want to spread the blame around on past administrations, et al. whereas this is a debacle of this administration's complete intentional doing.

only thing I've noticed is your posts seem to want to spread the blame around on past administrations, et al. whereas this is a debacle of this administration's complete intentional doing.
I've put plenty of blame on Biden, his rush job, and the #### show at the border.  

The border is a mess but there is an easy fix to it:

Vaccinate these poor people, process them, and let them in. 
or.....go back to the way it was a year ago, avoid the possible influx of unvaccinated people, do NOT invest ridiculous amounts of resources and supplies on people who have not went through the proper procedures to gain access to our country.  

or.....go back to the way it was a year ago, avoid the possible influx of unvaccinated people, do NOT invest ridiculous amounts of resources and supplies on people who have not went through the proper procedures to gain access to our country.  
Whatever resources we spend on them would be well worth it, as they are a net benefit to our society. Also, there are no “proper procedures” for them to go through. For the vast majority of undocumented  immigrants, either they come here illegally or not at all. I would rather they come illegally. 

Wait.... What?

Unaccompanied underage children are being flown across country in the middle of the night and being handed over to "sponsors" who don't have to show ID?  

But we trust the Biden administration is vetting all these "human trafficking" interactions right?  Of course, doing it in the middle night only adds confidence to this entire process. 

How is anyone ok with this stuff? 

Wait.... What?

Unaccompanied underage children are being flown across country in the middle of the night and being handed over to "sponsors" who don't have to show ID?  

But we trust the Biden administration is vetting all these "human trafficking" interactions right?  Of course, doing it in the middle night only adds confidence to this entire process. 

How is anyone ok with this stuff? 
If your solution to this problem is to make sure these children go to safe sponsors, then I’m all for that and I share your criticism. 

But if your solution is that these children shouldn’t be allowed to come here at all, then I find your criticism to be misplaced and highly hypocritical. 

If your solution to this problem is to make sure these children go to safe sponsors, then I’m all for that and I share your criticism. 

But if your solution is that these children shouldn’t be allowed to come here at all, then I find your criticism to be misplaced and highly hypocritical. 
I never said they shouldn't come here.  Pushing them to "relatives or sponsors" in the middle of the night with little to no vetting isn't a net positive for these kids. The Border patrol can't have a good grasp on who they are giving the kids to.  It's basically human trafficking, but because it's the government we seem to be ok with it. 

I'd rather they stay in another country than be handed over to random people or kept in orphanages. Was the sperating a kid from their parents a hiuge talking point a couple years back?  Now this is ok? 

You don't have any concerns with where or who these kids are ending up with? Because we have no idea....

Whatever resources we spend on them would be well worth it, as they are a net benefit to our society. Also, there are no “proper procedures” for them to go through. For the vast majority of undocumented  immigrants, either they come here illegally or not at all. I would rather they come illegally. 
You know who else is a benefit to our society? The people who came here legally or were born here legally and are hampered because of the flooding illegal folks coming in, whether that is because they undermine the lower workforce, bring drugs and crime, stress the welfare system, etc, etc.  

There absolutely IS a proper procedure for immigrants, refugees, interested parties to gain access to our country but the truth is you either don't understand it, aren't interested in understanding it, are impatient, doesn't fit your agenda, etc. But there has been and IS a proper way to do it and, quite frankly, that type of statement is very insulting to many people who have worked hard to become recognized legal citizens of the United States.  Very insulting. But people born here who have never known real struggles often take it for granted and don't begin to understand. 

I genuinely try to have discussions with you, Tim, but I honestly am beginning to believe that you make extreme statements that are designed only to get extreme reactions because I don't think educated people using common sense could actually stand by some of these lines of thought while understanding how these things interweave into the fabric of our country, constitution, rights and liberties as citizens of THIS country, and protect freedoms, liberties, country stability, etc. 

You'll have to excuse me if I don't get into these conversations with you or reply because although I am willing to have some pointed discussions with others and maybe see that both sides may take something from it, I have no interest in comments designed to snag extreme positions and reactions. 

Shutout said:
You know who else is a benefit to our society? The people who came here legally or were born here legally and are hampered because of the flooding illegal folks coming in, whether that is because they undermine the lower workforce, bring drugs and crime, stress the welfare system, etc, etc.  

There absolutely IS a proper procedure for immigrants, refugees, interested parties to gain access to our country but the truth is you either don't understand it, aren't interested in understanding it, are impatient, doesn't fit your agenda, etc. But there has been and IS a proper way to do it and, quite frankly, that type of statement is very insulting to many people who have worked hard to become recognized legal citizens of the United States.  Very insulting. But people born here who have never known real struggles often take it for granted and don't begin to understand. 

I genuinely try to have discussions with you, Tim, but I honestly am beginning to believe that you make extreme statements that are designed only to get extreme reactions because I don't think educated people using common sense could actually stand by some of these lines of thought while understanding how these things interweave into the fabric of our country, constitution, rights and liberties as citizens of THIS country, and protect freedoms, liberties, country stability, etc. 

You'll have to excuse me if I don't get into these conversations with you or reply because although I am willing to have some pointed discussions with others and maybe see that both sides may take something from it, I have no interest in comments designed to snag extreme positions and reactions. 
Sorry Shutout but you’re just spreading false information here. As I wrote, for most illegal immigrants THERE IS NO LINE, no legal means for them to get here. Here are the facts:

https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/research/why-don’t-they-just-get-line

What's taking so long for the September apprehension numbers?  Must have ran out of fingers and toes.
Numbers still not published. NBC getting and confirming what we already know:  The numbers for Sept arent coming down which puts the yearly total over 1.7 million.  Largest yearly numbers EVER.  

Numbers still not published. NBC getting and confirming what we already know:  The numbers for Sept arent coming down which puts the yearly total over 1.7 million.  Largest yearly numbers EVER.  
Which is a tremendous sign for our economic recovery from covid. Hopefully the numbers will continue to increase. 

Sorry Shutout but you’re just spreading false information here. As I wrote, for most illegal immigrants THERE IS NO LINE, no legal means for them to get here. Here are the facts:

https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/research/why-don’t-they-just-get-line
There is no line for people here illegally, nor should there be because like our politicians they have no regard for our laws.  They need to get in line before they get here.  I think you would do better advocating for a change in the laws rather than supporting mass violations of the law.  To me this falls way more heavily on the legislature than it does the president. 

They need to get in line before they get here.  
I think you’re still missing my point: for most people who eventually become illegal immigrants, there is no line they could have gotten into. There was no legal means they could have pursued to come here. Their choices were to come here illegally or not ever. 

I think you’re still missing my point: for most people who eventually become illegal immigrants, there is no line they could have gotten into. There was no legal means they could have pursued to come here. Their choices were to come here illegally or not ever. 
Why do you say that?   There are so many immigrants here legally, it's hard to imagine where that comes from.  I know several people from Mexico that have visas.  It took some time, but they did it the right way.  I think we should make some changes so more people can be let in and at a much higher rate, but just accepting lawlessness is a terrible idea.  It's the presidents job to enforce the laws, not to help circumvent them.

Why do you say that?   There are so many immigrants here legally, it's hard to imagine where that comes from.  I know several people from Mexico that have visas.  It took some time, but they did it the right way.  I think we should make some changes so more people can be let in and at a much higher rate, but just accepting lawlessness is a terrible idea.  It's the presidents job to enforce the laws, not to help circumvent them.
Read the article I linked. There’s a lot more like it. Most of the people in Mexico that get visas come from a certain economic class. For the destitute there is no means to do so. It’s a rigged game. 

Read the article I linked. There’s a lot more like it. Most of the people in Mexico that get visas come from a certain economic class. For the destitute there is no means to do so. It’s a rigged game. 
So your solution is mass lawlessness?  What other laws should we pay no attention to?  Every country I know of has immigration laws that are enforced pretty rigorously.  Why does everyone get to ignore ours?  Is it not strange that the lifers in congress have done absolutely nothing to address this problem during the last 30 or 40 years despite it being a major political issue?

So your solution is mass lawlessness?  What other laws should we pay no attention to?  Every country I know of has immigration laws that are enforced pretty rigorously.  Why does everyone get to ignore ours?  Is it not strange that the lifers in congress have done absolutely nothing to address this problem during the last 30 or 40 years despite it being a major political issue?
Awesome post

No that is not my solution. My solution is to loosen our restrictions, and provide a path to citizenship for the ones already here. I believe in the law, but I’m very sympathetic to those who break it in this instance. Nonetheless I firmly believe that they must pay some penalty. Perhaps a fine of a few thousand dollars. Then they can be allowed to stay. They should never be allowed to vote however; their children can vote. 

As regards your last question, not strange at all. The public at large wouldn’t mind seeing these people deported and a wall on the border. But large business and agricultural interests know that’s bad for them and are opposed. Democrats are terrified of losing Hispanic votes, but also scared of losing union votes. Republicans don’t want to lose their big donors, but they also know their base is laser focused on this issue. Therefore it serves neither party to take any action that would change the existing status quo. 

No that is not my solution. My solution is to loosen our restrictions, and provide a path to citizenship for the ones already here. I believe in the law, but I’m very sympathetic to those who break it in this instance. Nonetheless I firmly believe that they must pay some penalty. Perhaps a fine of a few thousand dollars. Then they can be allowed to stay. They should never be allowed to vote however; their children can vote. 

As regards your last question, not strange at all. The public at large wouldn’t mind seeing these people deported and a wall on the border. But large business and agricultural interests know that’s bad for them and are opposed. Democrats are terrified of losing Hispanic votes, but also scared of losing union votes. Republicans don’t want to lose their big donors, but they also know their base is laser focused on this issue. Therefore it serves neither party to take any action that would change the existing status quo. 
Everything that comes before the "but"  doesn't mean anything.  You say you believe in law, but your solution is to literally reward the law breakers with citizenship. 

To the second paragraph, how can you say that about the Republicans after they just spent 4 years trying to do something about it?  Something that was working I might add.

Everything that comes before the "but"  doesn't mean anything.  You say you believe in law, but your solution is to literally reward the law breakers with citizenship. 

To the second paragraph, how can you say that about the Republicans after they just spent 4 years trying to do something about it?  Something that was working I might add.
sure was.  Biden & his minions have single handedly made whatever border, illegal immigrant problems 10 times worse.  In 10 months I might add.

Joe is all for mandating vaccines, so how come not for those he is letting stream through the border?  hard to appreciate & respect a president who wants to mandate rules to citizens when he is letting in 100's of thousands illegals with a free pass.

It wasn’t working. It was a temporary band aid. 
But if the Republicans were serious about shutting down illegal immigration, they would vote to penalize employers who hire them. Ask yourself why they never do it. 

It amazes me that so many conservatives in here seem to believe that Trump’s actions regarding this issue were  “working”. I can’t think of a more clear falsehood (other than Trump winning the election, of course.) 

It amazes me that so many conservatives in here seem to believe that Trump’s actions regarding this issue were  “working”. I can’t think of a more clear falsehood (other than Trump winning the election, of course.) 
I guess it worked for the # of encounters, but it didn't help with the backlog of existing cases and it didn't decrease the power of the traffickers from the articles and info I read.   Basically a very short band-aid fix that really didn't address the overall issue at the border.  

Users who are viewing this thread