What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Some keeper help! (1 Viewer)

Cody L.

Footballguy
Hey folks,

I am in a 16-team .5 PPR league where everybody keeps 2 players. These keepers are always assigned to your last 2 picks so draft cost is pretty irrelevant. I am fresh off a championship with the following roster:

QB: Allen

WR: Adams

WR: Metcalf

WR: Ridley

RB: Chubb

RB: Akers

TE: Andrews

Flex: Jacobs

B: Mixon

B: Samuel

B: Hines

B: Edmonds

B: Henderson

I am wondering who you folks would be keeping in this situation. Keep in mind I have a terrible draft coming up and don't pick until the 6th round so my keepers this year are likely who I will be starting 2022 with. Right now I am leaning towards Chubb/Adams(Or Metcalf - pending Aaron Rodgers), or Chubb/Akers. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

So I am slightly confused are you able to trade draft picks in this league is that why you have no picks untill round 6. As my advice will very based on how this league works.

Hey folks,

I am in a 16-team .5 PPR league where everybody keeps 2 players. These keepers are always assigned to your last 2 picks so draft cost is pretty irrelevant. I am fresh off a championship with the following roster:

QB: Allen

WR: Adams

WR: Metcalf

WR: Ridley

RB: Chubb

RB: Akers

TE: Andrews

Flex: Jacobs

B: Mixon

B: Samuel

B: Hines

B: Edmonds

B: Henderson

I am wondering who you folks would be keeping in this situation. Keep in mind I have a terrible draft coming up and don't pick until the 6th round so my keepers this year are likely who I will be starting 2022 with. Right now I am leaning towards Chubb/Adams(Or Metcalf - pending Aaron Rodgers), or Chubb/Akers. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
What do you project you'll be looking at as top options at your 6th round pick?  I would think the good RB options would have dried up by then so maybe you want to lean that way if you feel more confident about finding mid-round QBs, WRs, TEs, etc.  Or if you don't think you'll be able to compete this year, go for best keeper option for the future or best tradable assets for more picks next year.

What do you project you'll be looking at as top options at your 6th round pick?  I would think the good RB options would have dried up by then so maybe you want to lean that way if you feel more confident about finding mid-round QBs, WRs, TEs, etc.  Or if you don't think you'll be able to compete this year, go for best keeper option for the future or best tradable assets for more picks next year.
I don't think this really matters much as I would be consigned to the fact that I am not really going to be competitive and will need keepers that will be good for next year.  

Also, can you trade some of these guys for picks now?  You have 7 or 8 quality keepers that I am sure could help other teams as they likely have lesser keepers.  Could you trade them to fill in your missing picks?  That would be my first option if that is possible.  Then I would put all of them on the trade block looking for picks in the first 3 rounds.  Maybe you can salvage this season after all.  

I would rank them in this order:

1. Chubb
  2. Adams
  3. Allen (only because it is a 16 team league so QB's might be scarce)
  4. Metcalf
  5. Ridley
  6. Akers
  7. Mixon
  8. Andrews
  9. Jacobs

Thanks for the input everyone. There is draft pick trades during the regular season but no off-season movement. My only option is to pick 2 of the above as keepers.

With being able to trade for picks for me this comes down to who you can trade for the most picks during this season to be good in 2022. I would proble keep akers and Metcalf and look to try and trade them for a massive amount of picks for 2022. Why looking to draft high upside guys in your draft that i could use as a keeper in 2022. I would also look to not draft like a normal person in the draft and instead load up on what ever position other owners arnt drafting to look to trade to teams in need. Now without knowing your league this may or may not work as with the pick trading allowed you may already have 2 or 3 teams that will have full rosters by round 4. In which case I would hold metcalf and Akers for 2022 and try and trade everything else I owned for middleish round picks. With your league setup it sounds as if tanking is a great option if your not going to win.

Users who are viewing this thread