Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Best Draft Position with Keepers: Chubb in 3rd

abosweiler

Question

10-team, 1-keeper, PPR, 2 RB/WR/TE Flex league.

Other Keepers: McLaurin (8), Dobbins (7), Diggs (4), Montgomery (3), Herbert (11), Lamb (9), Godwin (5), Jefferson (11), Gaskin (11)

My keeper: Chubb (3)

What would be the best draft pick position (1-10) to have knowing that I keep Chubb in the 3rd? Our league starts pretty RB/WR heavy, with 1-4 TEs sprinkled in first 4 rounds. Most owners have learned to wait on QB until 5th round or later, but Mahomes/Allen will probably go in rounds 3-5. I'd like to maximize my value, so pick 10 would let me get Chubb as the last pick in round 3, then get the first pick in round 4. Any thoughts on picks 1-9?

6 answers to this question

Hm, tough to analyze as I'm not in a league with any snake drafts. At first your logic seems sound -- whatever pick you "lose" due to your keeper, you'd like that pick to be as low as possible. But at the same time, the top few picks in the draft can be significantly more valuable than the rest. You'd be missing out on all of the top 9. But still, you'd get #10 and #11 ... plus Chubb and then #31 ... I think I agree that #10 is your best bet. But clearly there is not a lot of experience or confidence behind my opinion.

Posted (edited)
On 7/1/2021 at 5:42 PM, jwsbowler said:

Jefferson?  Is that Justin Jefferson from Minny?  If so, for me a no brainer...  Jefferson.  

my bad... totally misread this.  I agree with the others, 10 would be good.  I do like the double pick...

Edited by jwsbowler

Take a guess at who you think would be taken in the 1st and 2nd round. Then list your top 15-20 players, see what your "worst" would be at picks 8,13 / 9,12 / 10,11. Hopefully there will be one or two that slip a little further.