What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2021/22 Stanley Cup NHL Thread **** Congrats 2022 Avs Cup Champs! (1 Viewer)

No idea how Vegas is going to get out of their cap trouble, and ffs half their team is hurt.  Even if Stone is close to returning, Karlsson just went down, Pacioretty is out, Eichel no sure thing to return even after surgery before January and then they have cap issues.  
with fans and espn, do we know any future cap projections?  i mean, i think the rangers can only roster 8 guys pretty soon based on numbers.

rude, do you know if eichel’s back issue is lumbar or cervical?  just curious, my issue is cervical and i want to see how he progresses with the replacement.  i think peyton manning had a cervical fusion and he lost much strength.  i think buffalo did well here, they retained no money, got some pieces and cleared a guy needing spinal surgery, in a contact sport.
It’s in his neck so cervical I assume

dr seems very confident that he’ll make a full recovery but obviously not a sure thing. Surprised there weren’t any conditions on the trade regarding his health. 

Last edited by a moderator:
After all this wait, I expected more.

Tuch seems to be always hurt. Jury is still out on Krebs. #1 pick is protected.
not easy to move an injured player with a $10MM cap hit.

"always hurt? He played 78 of 82, 74 of 82 games, and 55 of 56 games in 3 of past 4 seasons.

"jury is still out" on a 1st round player who is 20 years old and has just 20 professional games. would rather have Zegras or some other young guys but don't think they were available.

the only valid criticism here I think is the Sabres could/should have not allowed the pick to be top-10 protected (but also don't think it will matter). I also think they could have tried to get another piece or not part with their 3rd, but those are minor.

ultimately, I think the Sabres screwed up by not letting him get the surgery he wants. once they dug in their heels there (and refused to retain any salary in a potential deal), there was no way they would ever get fair value here as too few teams were interested in trading for an injured player who could also fit him under the cap.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
not easy to move an injured player with a $10MM cap hit.

"always hurt? He played 78 of 82, 74 of 82 games, and 55 of 56 games in 3 of past 4 seasons.

"jury is still out" on a 1st round player who is 20 years old and has just 20 professional games. would rather have Zegras or some other young guys but don't think they were available.

the only valid criticism here I think is the Sabres could/should have not allowed the pick to be top-10 protected (but also don't think it will matter). I also think they could have tried to get another piece or not part with their 3rd, but those are minor.

ultimately, I think the Sabres screwed up by not letting him get the surgery he wants. once they dug in their heels there (and refused to retain any salary in a potential deal), there was no way they would ever get fair value here as too few teams were interested in trading for an injured player who could also fit him under the cap.
Given the #### sandwich that Kevyn Adams was given when he was hired, I think he's actually done a very good job. 

I never said this in 3 seasons of David Quinn. I think Gallant needs to be fired. Might be a great guy and a players coach, but he is not getting the best out of this team AND his answer to Mollie Walkers question about Lafreniere last night was unacceptable in my opinion. 

I never said this in 3 seasons of David Quinn. I think Gallant needs to be fired. Might be a great guy and a players coach, but he is not getting the best out of this team AND his answer to Mollie Walkers question about Lafreniere last night was unacceptable in my opinion. 
disagree.  6-2-3 without a 1st or 2nd line RW, getting nothing from Kaapo nor Lafreniere and having his top players be very ordinary so far.

my issue is his usage of the goalers.  why not give seorsieve the kraken and igor the b2b?  i mean, seorsieve let in 3 easy ones and this team has a 25 year better option being paid as a number 1.  they may be forced to move chytil up and strome to RW.  cant have goodrow on the top line.

disagree.  6-2-3 without a 1st or 2nd line RW, getting nothing from Kaapo nor Lafreniere and having his top players be very ordinary so far.
This is my exact point. The only reason their record stands at what it is is Igor. Plain and simple. He stole 3 games according to metrics and was close enough to a 4th. 

ETA: he plays Igor in the second game of back to backs when the team has tired legs. Can you imagine tired legs in front of Georgiev. Might as well forefit

Bolts beat Ottawa, but they’re still making weird mistakes. Brian Elliott gets the W, and he looked pretty good for a guy 4 months older than me out there on the ice. 

Habs outshoot Vegas 20-1 in the first. Mid way thru period 2 shots are about 23 7 and score is 3-2 LV.

:lmao:

Pretty much sums up the season. 

So once again, the NHL shows that their officials somehow get worse with more experience, unlike every other job in the Solar System, and the Bolts lose out on a point in large part to their incompetence at knowing the rules to the sport they officiate.

So once again, the NHL shows that their officials somehow get worse with more experience, unlike every other job in the Solar System, and the Bolts lose out on a point in large part to their incompetence at knowing the rules to the sport they officiate.
:violin:

It’s a league wide problem, but that display last night directly cost the Lightning a win in regulation. Stamkos was pushed into the Canes goalie, and the ref even waited several seconds before he put his hand up, like he’s running on Windows 98, or something. I’d settle for general competence/ consistency from the refs, but all we get are the Marx Brothers on skates.

Sounds like he was "verbally abusive". Is there more to it than that? I mean a bunch of folks should be worried then.
Heard he threw a chair at someone.  Many, including ex-Duck Ryan Whitney have tweeted they were not surprised at this and he was not well liked because he was always super negative to employees if they were not perfect.

Ryan Whitney@ryanwhitney6

·

Nov 9

I have zero clue what this is about but Bob Murray is one of the biggest pricks I have ever met in the game of hockey.

Bolts beat Florida 3-2 in OT, thanks to a Brayden Point breakaway. They gave up a 2-0 lead to get to OT, but both goalies did very well, all things considered. Vasilevskiy had an amazing stop in OT to keep the game going, that guy is a future Hall of Famer.

NHL canceling Sens games because of outbreak

@SunGarrioch: The NHL will postpone games vs. New Jersey Tuesday along with Thursday vs. Nashville and Rangers here in Ottawa Saturday because of the COVID-19 outbreak with 10 players in protocol. The club has cancelled its flight to New Jersey. #Sens

Bolts beat the Islanders 4-1, and the crowd started chanting “You got Tampa!” which is not going to get old anytime soon.

How is this different than every other professional sport?  It's not specific to hockey

It's amazing how great Raymond and Seider are playing given they ar. 19 and 20 years old. It's been a long time since I have been excited about the Wings. 

Yzerman may not have hit the draft lottery but he hit the jackpot with those 2 players.

Users who are viewing this thread