What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Trade - Mahomes for 1.03 and 1.04; 20 team league (1 Viewer)

Trade, or draft two out of Lawrence, Pitts, and Etienne?

• Trade for Mahomes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draft Lawrence and Pitts

• Draft Lawrence and Etienne

• Draft Etienne and Pitts

• Total voters

fornov

Footballguy
20 team dynasty league, 0.5 PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex (not superflex)

Trade offer is the following:

Patrick Mahomes, Eric Ebron, Chad Henne, 2.06 (pick 26)

for

1.03, 1.04, Rashard Higgins

I would be receiving Mahomes, et al.

Roster:

QB Tannehill

RB McCaffrey, Jacobs, J Howard, S Perine, D Freeman, K Ballage, I Smith (trash after the first two)

WR Ridley, Godwin, M Thomas, Juju, Mims, T Williams, J Brown, R Higgins

TE Engram

We also have IDPs, but those aren't involved here. I have one of the best teams in the league, including IDPs, lost in the championship game last year. Keep in mind a 20-team league means diluted rosters, so even though I'm thin at RB, for example, it's one of the better groups in the league. I acquired the 1.03 and 1.04 picks from trades over the past 2 years, so I'm in a really strong position to upgrade through the draft. All along, I've been expecting to take two out of the three of Lawrence, Pitts, and Etienne (Harris and Chase are going to go in the first two picks). 

So really, the question is am I better off taking the sure thing in Mahomes, or rolling with Lawrence and Pitts? Or should I take Etienne instead of one of those two? The draft is on Saturday, and all of these seem like good options. I just can't decide which is best.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
While Mahomes is great, you've got Tannehill.  I don't think the drop-off from Mahomes to Tannehill would be as negligible as giving up those two picks.  I would say stay put.  As to who you should take with that 3 and 4 pick?  Take who you feel are the two best players available.  Personally, I think I'd definitely go Pitts (the ceiling is just so high with him) and then I would pull my hair out trying to decide the next pick.

I am keeping the picks... and taking the best two players available at that point.  Agree with Pkroper22... your best two players based on your rankings.

Since this is a one QB league I agree with the answers so far.  You have Tannehill so are fine at QB so take the upside with the picks and hope you hit on two studs for the upcoming years.  That is more important in a 20 team league and could put you into a position to dominate for years.  

Users who are viewing this thread