What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Could it be we'll see the Washington "RedHogs" soon enough in 2022? (1 Viewer)

Yogibear

Footballguy
I just checked on Yahoo.com, and the new team name for the Washington Football Team will be revealed within the next six months to 1 year.  There are about 8 choices that management has narrowed it down to.  The name that sticks out to me is the RedHogs.  The reason for that is when they were called their other team name, and they were winning Super Bowls under coach Joe Gibbs, their offensive line was nicknamed "the Hogs."  And their fans were wearing hog masks.  They even went to coach Joe Gibbs himself and he said he would be disappointed if they didn't adopt the name "RedHogs" as a permanent name.  And even some players who won Super Bowls under Joe Gibbs want the team to adopt the name "RedHogs."  I think "RedHogs" would be a perfect team name for Washington.  As far as I'm concerned, the name Washington Football Team is not permanent, and it shouldn't be a permanent name.  The name "RedHogs" would keep the Washington tradition name alive & give that fanbase stability.  What does everyone think their name should be?  Is anyone in agreement with me that the name should be the "RedHogs"?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've said from the beginning they should just call themselves the Pigskins. Then all the old paraphernalia that just says "Skins" is still good. Plus the Hogs still works. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yogibear said:
Is anyone in agreement with me that the name should be the "RedHogs"?

Don't see the need for "Red" ahead of Hogs. Unless it's just an attempt to recycle part of the Redskins name?

Is the RedHogs -  one word, 2 caps - intentional, or should it be Red Hogs (or Redhogs)?

Maybe the Red Football Team... and Sammy Hagar (the Red Rocker) could sing the anthem every week.

What happened to Redtails?

Hot Sauce Guy said:
Redhogs is a terrible name. 

just “Hogs” would be solid.

Snyder will probably keep it WTF just to flip a middle finger to the league for daring to tell a billionaire what he can or can’t name something. 
RedHogs is the dumbest of the 8 choices I last saw, so as a Cowboys fan I hope that's the one they select. 

Yogibear said:
I just checked on Yahoo.com, and the new team name for the Washington Football Team will be revealed within the next six months to 1 year.  There are about 8 choices that management has narrowed it down to.  The name that sticks out to me is the RedHogs.  The reason for that is when they were called their other team name, and they were winning Super Bowls under coach Joe Gibbs, their offensive line was nicknamed "the Hogs."  And their fans were wearing hog masks.  They even went to coach Joe Gibbs himself and he said he would be disappointed if they didn't adopt the name "RedHogs" as a permanent name.  And even some players who won Super Bowls under Joe Gibbs want the team to adopt the name "RedHogs."  I think "RedHogs" would be a perfect team name for Washington.  As far as I'm concerned, the name Washington Football Team is not permanent, and it shouldn't be a permanent name.  The name "RedHogs" would keep the Washington tradition name alive & give that fanbase stability.  What does everyone think their name should be?  Is anyone in agreement with me that the name should be the "RedHogs"?
dumbest name ever. tha hell is a redhog? redskins + hogs??? just plain silly.

Don't see the need for "Red" ahead of Hogs. Unless it's just an attempt to recycle part of the Redskins name?

Is the RedHogs -  one word, 2 caps - intentional, or should it be Red Hogs (or Redhogs)?

Maybe the Red Football Team... and Sammy Hagar (the Red Rocker) could sing the anthem every week.

What happened to Redtails?

Red Baron with a post-Anthem flyover?

Users who are viewing this thread