What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New longshot name for the Washington Football Team (1 Viewer)

Yogibear

Footballguy
I was doing some thinking recently, and I've come to the conclusion that the name the "Washington Redhogs" doesn't seem right.  I still continue to believe that they're not going to keep the name the Washington Football Team.  So, what do we refer to them as?

How about the Washington Coyotes?

That's right, the Coyotes.  I'm not sure if coyotes are relevant in the D.C. area, but it's time the name Coyotes gets more recognition than just the hockey team in Arizona.  I mean, think about it: they couldn't keep the name 'Redskins,' but there's nothing offensive about the name 'Coyotes.'  Does anyone doubt me that the name should be the Washington Coyotes?

Washington Sentinels...

yeah... I went there... Keanu Reeves movie, but not a bad name overall.

I think they should be the Washington Warriors and go back to the arrow on the helmets.  Nothing disrespectful with that name.  Snyder would get the last laugh on all those that opposed the Redskins name.

I think there should be a public demand to have a new owner name the team — this way Snyder’s getting out-ed is always a topic of questions & conversation. 

I kind of like the Washington Football Team becoming permanent. 

Screw it. Let's get some old school up in here, right? No names on the jerseys, either. Burgundy and gold, through and through. Name on the front, not the back. 

IDK why they didn’t quickly immediately switch to Hogs.

Would def be unique.
When the email investigation concludes we may find that a lot of the front office and coaching staff habitually and freely shared pictures of their hogs with cheerleaders and others.  

Washington Lizards

- rhymes with Washington Wizards

- You could have a really cool mascot and toy line

- Washington politics has more than its fair share of lizard people.

People, I offer to you the Washington Corruption.

#holdyourapplause

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know what they will change it to but I still expect them to change it.....  too much money to be made in apparel NOT to change it.  

In honor of Snyder...

Soulless Warriors would be fine with me.

Since we're airing this out, I have zero respect for Snyder and have almost zero doubt that he directly set up a misogynistic culture and environment, wouldn't shock me if he was connected to any number of sleazy things we hear about involving men with too much money at their disposal and nothing but evil in their souls.   

Already have Wizards in town so relocate to London,gonna be a team there sometime anyway,build a stadium that looks like Hogsmead,Harry Potter could be the mascot,fly down to the field before every game on a broom.  London Wizards.

Users who are viewing this thread