What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BETO 2022! (Otherwise known as the 2022 Texas Governor Race) (1 Viewer)

whoknew

Footballguy
Beto getting in

I'm in the bag for Beto completely. But he's realistically got little chance of winning. 

BUT - I will say its interesting. I don't think Abbott's hard turn to the right is going to help him overall. And he's getting primaried from the right. That person (Allen West) is attacking Abbott that he isn't far right enough. Now, West has no chance, but he could bloody Abbott for the general.

Finally - the wildcard. Will Matthew McConaughey get in? My understanding is that he is fairly serious and would run as a moderate Republican.

• Love
Reactions: JAA
One thing about all those Californians moving to Texas...don't think they are going to be a big fan of an extreme right wing governor.  

Beto definitely has the best chance of any Democrat in Texas. The problem is - he's a Democrat in Texas.

That he felt it necessary to make a Youtube video to make an 'I can make a hamburger just like any 12 year old can', and then use a METAL spatula on a TEFLON pan in the process is enough to disqualify himself for any public office

Last edited by a moderator:
It's over.  They'll run the "hell yes we're going to take your ar-15" ad over and over and he'll get plowed by some trump guy.  I don't understand why they keep trying to make this guy a thing.  

I like Beto and I liked what he came out and said today (let's fix the energy grid and let's legalize weed), but also know that he will be haunted with the AR-15 comments for the rest of his life, even if he does walk them back in some way.

He would be a better governor than Abbott or any of the idiots trying to run on the GOP side (West, Huffines, absolute joke Chad Prather), but that's not going to be good enough to win in this backasswards state.

Beto getting in

I'm in the bag for Beto completely. But he's realistically got little chance of winning. 

BUT - I will say its interesting. I don't think Abbott's hard turn to the right is going to help him overall. And he's getting primaried from the right. That person (Allen West) is attacking Abbott that he isn't far right enough. Now, West has no chance, but he could bloody Abbott for the general.

Finally - the wildcard. Will Matthew McConaughey get in? My understanding is that he is fairly serious and would run as a moderate Republican.

Bobby needs to move to a different state.

UT/TT poll shows that only 35 percent of Texans approve of the job Biden is doing.  So I wonder if will be seeing Biden/Harris hitting the campaign trail in Texas for Joey!

Why would he walk them back? You think he's going to get a single vote from a 2A voter under any circumstance?

There is a certain population here that are liberal and gun owners/gun fanatics. I have several friends and family members that fall into that category, and they all vote. I think a softened stance, or more explained plan who earn back those voters. 

There is a certain population here that are liberal and gun owners/gun fanatics. I have several friends and family members that fall into that category, and they all vote. I think a softened stance, or more explained plan who earn back those voters. 

Obviously I don't know your friends and family, but if they are liberal and the alternative is Abbott - are they really going to vote for him? Especially after the nutty turn he's taken the last couple of years to come in 5th place in Iowa in 2.5 years?

Or maybe the alternative is to just stay home. Possible.

Obviously I don't know your friends and family, but if they are liberal and the alternative is Abbott - are they really going to vote for him? Especially after the nutty turn he's taken the last couple of years to come in 5th place in Iowa in 2.5 years?

Or maybe the alternative is to just stay home. Possible.

Valid point. For them it wasn't/isn't Beto vs. Abbott, it's Beto vs. third party, which they know is a wasted vote in this state. Beto isn't a perfect candidate but I think he has the energy and ideas that resonate with a lot of people in the state, as long as you don't mess with their guns. And this election will absolutely be an Anyone But Abbott mentality. 

I don't know what happened to Gov Abbott. He used to be somewhat normal. I think I voted for him the first time he ran for Governor. He was a middle of the road Republican. But I guess partisan primaries change people. Because he's a whack job now. The latest - 

1) Texas governor directs state agencies to investigate gender-affirming care for trans youths as ‘child abuse’

2) 19 Austin cops were indicted for allegedly assaulting protestors last summer. Abbott just released a statement ending with - "Time will tell whether the accusations against the courageous Austin police officers is a political sham. Time will also tell whether I, as Governor, must take action to exonerate any police officer unjustly prosecuted."

:Sigh: 

This is why Beto's campaign is so important. Need to get this guy out of office.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread