What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waukesha WI - Christmas Parade Attacked by Driver (Darrell Brooks Jr) in an SUV (1 Viewer)

I'm on the side that this is a horrible tragedy but I'm also realistic in how this will end up being portrayed. 

At the very least if the suspect ends up being the person being reported, it will lead to a discussion about reforming our bail policy. The person being reported was let out on bail on Friday with multiple violent charges. 
How will it end up being portrayed?  

It'll be a Fox News story and a local news story by tomorrow AM.
Dunno if you've heard, but there's this thing happening 3 days from now. Mr. Pitts almost got swallowed by Woody Woodpecker at this thing a few years ago. Can't quite put my finger on it, but there seems to be a correlation between these two things.

How about you just explain your assertion...because no...I have zero idea where you are going bringing CRT and BLM into this at the moment outside of the suspect being black.  
CRT only serves to embolden BLM and viewing life through a racial prism.  BLM was very vocal in the fallout of the Rittenhouse verdict in Wisconsin. 

Even democrats are associating the two events. So why is that? 

After Sunday’s Christmas parade horror in Waukesha, Wisconsin, an Illinois Democrat appeared to portray the tragedy as a form of payback for Friday’s acquittal of Kyle Rittenhouse in Kenosha.

"It was probably just self-defense,"

read one of a series of mocking social media posts from Mary Lemanski, who is listed as the social media director for the Democratic Party in DuPage County, Illinois. Lemanski also describes herself as an acting student with the famed Second City comedy group.

"Living in Wisconsin, he probably felt threatened,"

read another post attributed to Lemanski, referring to the SUV driver in the Waukesha case

"I’m sure he didn’t want to hurt anyone," she added. "He came to help people."

"The blood of Kyle Rittenhouse’s victims is on the hands of Wisconsin citizens," she writes at one point, "even the children."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/illinois-democrat-waukesha-tragedy-rittenhouse-mocking-twitter-self-defense

Uh oh...Board cop is trying to control the conversation.   Here we go.

Way too early to speculate on motive.   Very sad for all those involved.
Oh stop with this.  Not trying to control anything...dong the same things you do when you just have to call things out.

Sorry...this one hits a bit closer to home as I have quite a few friends and relatives in that area...and the usual PSF crap being thrown around did get to me (rare that anything ever gets me like that).  But it did.

So when someone is now saying CRT had anything to do with this guy...I questioned it.  I think that should be highly questioned.

When someone claims this will just be buried because he is black.  I questioned that.  And I think that should also be questioned.

When someone takes a shot at another poster...I called that out as well.  It was uncalled for and unprovoked.  That is about as close to board cop as you will get...but it had zero to do with trying to control anything.

Like you...its too early to speculate and sad for sure...which is what got me to react to some of the stuff that was posted.

Stepping away as it helps nobody to keep going on with that.

CRT only serves to embolden BLM and viewing life through a racial prism.  BLM was very vocal in the fallout of the Rittenhouse verdict in Wisconsin. 

Even democrats are associating the two events. So why is that? 

Those quotes are pretty sickening to read.  I assume, whatever political group they are associated with will admonish and cut ties with them.  

The story is not going to get buried.  I think its pretty natural to not name the guy that soon after (especially since there were other suspects/people of interest) still out there according to some reports early on.

And the calling out of dozer is absolutely ridiculous.  I guess being in the PSF that is a natural reaction to just flat out try to get personal with posters though.  
I have no idea how or why I would be brought up in this thread. There are definitely some hateful individuals on my ignore list.

So sad.

Almost as sad as how fast people in here spin this for their cause.  It's disgusting to watch that people can't get out of their partisan dreamland for even five seconds
Just yesterday you were defending the choice to frame the Kyle Rittenhouse case as a racial story.  You don't get to do that and then be all "Hey now we need to reserve judgement and just take each case on its own individual terms" now.

(I think we need to reserve judgement and just take each case on its own individual terms all the time, not just now).

Just yesterday you were defending the choice to frame the Kyle Rittenhouse case as a racial story.  You don't get to do that and then be all "Hey now we need to reserve judgement and just take each case on its own individual terms" now.

(I think we need to reserve judgement and just take each case on its own individual terms all the time, not just now).
The question was asked as the thread title and I gave my thoughts on the outcome of a trial and an event that is already over.  

The two aren't even close to the same...you are usually way smarter than that.  

That video of the little girl scared the ever loving crap out of me. Because we have been at parades with my kids around that age doing the same thing. Just laughing and dancing in the street collecting candy from the people. 
My thoughts exactly.  I have a young daughter now and we were at a parade not to long ago.  I’m stomach dropped watching it.  

Last edited by a moderator:
CNN already crafting their own narrative "fleeing another scene" as their top headline, and "escaping another incident".

Unbelievable, they may want to actually watch the numerous videos out there. 

CNN already crafting their own narrative "fleeing another scene" as their top headline, and "escaping another incident".

Unbelievable, they may want to actually watch the numerous videos out there. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59369492

CNN isn't doing anything.  That's what an officer is apparently telling people and it's being reported everywhere.  

The race to find out it is 'terrorism' is a ratings boom unfortunately

I haven't read this whole thread.  Anything in here about the fact that the DA who let this guy out on $1000 bail a few days ago is a Soros backed activist DA in favor of bail "reform", ie getting rid of it?  It's amazing what Soros is doing to this country behind the scenes. 

So sad.

Almost as sad as how fast people in here spin this for their cause.  It's disgusting to watch that people can't get out of their partisan dreamland for even five seconds
That was my point.  It’s sickening.  Every single thing is spun. 

I haven't read this whole thread.  Anything in here about the fact that the DA who let this guy out on $1000 bail a few days ago is a Soros backed activist DA in favor of bail "reform", ie getting rid of it?  It's amazing what Soros is doing to this country behind the scenes. 
No not really.  Just you. 

I haven't read this whole thread.  Anything in here about the fact that the DA who let this guy out on $1000 bail a few days ago is a Soros backed activist DA in favor of bail "reform", ie getting rid of it? 
Yeah, he's on record as being against cash bail and recently celebrated when it was outlawed in San Francisco.  Honestly, if it wasn't for this guy and his "reformist" policies and viewpoints, this horrible tragedy yesterday probably would've never happened.  

No not really.  Just you. 

Well, you guys should wake up. This dude is financing the replacement of DA's countrywide with a radical agenda that is very dangerous:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/aug/20/george-soros-funded-das-oversee-big-cities-skyrock/

It's no coincidence that in every city where a Soros backed DA is elected law enforcement/prosecution deteriorates almost immediately.  Los Angeles, San Francisco, and many other cities are being destroyed by this guy.

Yeah, he's on record as being against cash bail.  Honestly, if it wasn't for this guy and his "reformist" policies and viewpoints, this horrible tragedy yesterday probably would've never happened.  

Probably?  Have you seen this perp's rap sheet?  Google it if you haven't.  He absolutely shouldn't be on the street, and Soros is the kingpin of this type of thing.  And people like Killface think people dying as a result is a joke.

Well this page should put to rest any of the questions about what this thread was started in the PSF.  Good call @Insein

Now that we know more, I'd be interested in a thread discussing bail, repeat offenders, etc.  Could be valuable and a learning experience for someone like me who is clueless about those kind of things.  Not discussing it in this #### show though.

I knew this D.A as a teen,  I knew his whole large family.  His Dad was an opthmalogist in the area.  I have been in his childhood home.  He was younger than me by a few years.  I have been in their home and their condo in Keystone Colorado.  Last I spoke with him was 45 years ago.  Last I spoke with his Dad who was good friends with my Dad and who I occassionally supplied airport pickup and transportation up to Keystone was maybe 10 years ago. I am well-disposed to his family. I am not well-disposed to the current bail reform movement nor to the all presumptions behind the same

There is actually a discussion to be had about why does Soros donate so much money to campaigns for DA candidates all over the country and what are the repercussions of that. 

But people that dont want to have that discussion brand any talk of it as antsemitic or that it is the far right and that any talk of such things means you support all the crazy conspiracy theories out there re: soros. 

And I fully admit that there are lots of crazy theories out there about the man that should be shouted down.

But it doesnt mean that all criticisms of his spending are off limits.

He ran over somebody in a gas station parking lot. And they released him on 1000 bail. Come on. Lot of people need to be fired.

NSFW: Archive of some of the accused Twitter's account before Jack Dorsey and Vijay Gadde ordered it locked down and isolated. Point to note, before the attack, Brooks apparently had this account open to the public.

I've never used the NSFW tag before but some of the internal commentary uses coarse language and there are some items that some here might perceive as inciteful rhetoric allegedly from Brooks himself. I think it's important to see what his state of mind could have been before the attack. Also apparently some images and/or videos show the SUV in question in the background.

I used NSFW because I honestly expect this reply to be Reported several times simply to silence it. Not for community values but under the guise of community values to just silence it.

https://archive.md/txGp9

This is great.  Turns out all those who politicized EVERYTHING the last 6 or so years now want us to stop politicizing things when it turns out the alleged murderer is actually a black, left-wing radical whom the Democrats and BLM have been cultivating with their rhetoric.

Unbelievable.  :doh:

I'm not sure how much George Soros has to do with John Chisholm, who has run unopposed in Milwaukee County for the past several elections - going back probably over 10 years at least.  I don't think he even has to campaign. It would be nice to see some opposition and some new ideas. Like most politicians, I'd say he's done some things I agree with and some I don't like at all since I moved here in 2007.  He is a strong proponent of bail reform, which is a particularly hot issue right now given the massive caseload and backlog in the criminal courts.

I would think most agree this case is an example of a need for some type of bail reform. At the same time, cases on the extreme like this one are rarely a good reason to make massive knee-jerk changes in criminal procedure. It appears from the official communication from Chisholm's office that this was a prosecutor's mistake - asking for an unacceptable low cash bail under the circumstances. I am personally against cash bail, as it obviously criminalizes poverty. The difficulty is that its hard to hold people in jail pending a trial given the constitutional presumption of innocence. As noted in the FFA thread, we have a recent case in Wisconsin where an innocent young man would have spent the past year in jail had he not been fortunate to raise a $2mil cash bail through donations. 

Chisholm also went after Scott Walker with the John Doe investigations (yes, he started TWO of them against Walker) because his wife cried about Act 10.  Lined his office with wall to wall Blue Fist/Anti-Walker people to go after him.

The John Doe eventually was thrown out of both state AND federal courts - after wasting millions of dollars in taxpayer money, of course, for a vendetta and to appease the Act 10 Blue Fists.

So, yeah, it's THAT district attorney.  No one should be surprised they let this guy go with $1K bail.

I'm not sure how much George Soros has to do with John Chisholm, who has run unopposed in Milwaukee County for the past several elections - going back probably over 10 years at least.  I don't think he even has to campaign. It would be nice to see some opposition and some new ideas. Like most politicians, I'd say he's done some things I agree with and some I don't like at all since I moved here in 2007.  He is a strong proponent of bail reform, which is a particularly hot issue right now given the massive caseload and backlog in the criminal courts.

I would think most agree this case is an example of a need for some type of bail reform. At the same time, cases on the extreme like this one are rarely a good reason to make massive knee-jerk changes in criminal procedure. It appears from the official communication from Chisholm's office that this was a prosecutor's mistake - asking for an unacceptable low cash bail under the circumstances. I am personally against cash bail, as it obviously criminalizes poverty. The difficulty is that its hard to hold people in jail pending a trial given the constitutional presumption of innocence. As noted in the FFA thread, we have a recent case in Wisconsin where an innocent young man would have spent the past year in jail had he not been fortunate to raise a $2mil cash bail through donations. 

I wonder how many more "mistakes" they've made that we'll only hear about if people die.

NSFW: Archive of some of the accused Twitter's account before Jack Dorsey and Vijay Gadde ordered it locked down and isolated. Point to note, before the attack, Brooks apparently had this account open to the public.

I've never used the NSFW tag before but some of the internal commentary uses coarse language and there are some items that some here might perceive as inciteful rhetoric allegedly from Brooks himself. I think it's important to see what his state of mind could have been before the attack. Also apparently some images and/or videos show the SUV in question in the background.

I used NSFW because I honestly expect this reply to be Reported several times simply to silence it. Not for community values but under the guise of community values to just silence it.

https://archive.md/txGp9
Can we now ask if Biden's reaction to the Rittenhouse verdict emboldened this guy?  

I would love to hear more about arguments for and against bail reform, but I agree that this is not the right context to have that discussion.

White kid defends himself with a rifle and he's immediately and repeatedly portrayed by the media as a white supremacist, despite ZERO evidence from the kid's background, cell phone or social media to support any racist leanings. Crickets from the Left on this board and elsewhere about this gross and dangerous example of media racialization, distortion and polarization.

Black multiple-accused felon with a long and disturbing social media trail of white hatred and domestic terrorist leanings mows over a parade in a well-known conservative town - after already having used a vehicle as a weapon in the past! - just a few days after and an hour's drive from the Rittenhouse acquittal - with footage seeming to show him veering *into* the crowd - and somehow the media is reporting he was fleeing from another crime scene and may have not meant to mow over 40+ people.

What in the holy ####. 

I would think most agree this case is an example of a need for some type of bail reform. At the same time, cases on the extreme like this one are rarely a good reason to make massive knee-jerk changes in criminal procedure. It appears from the official communication from Chisholm's office that this was a prosecutor's mistake - asking for an unacceptable low cash bail under the circumstances. 
Interesting how the word mistake can be used.  It's not like the entry was fat fingered and a few zeroes were left off right?

The prosecutor knew what they were asking for, no?  Why did they ask for it, a brain fart?  Was a mistake only because of what occurred after?  I think mistake is an expedient characterization and I'll need to be convinced it's not designed to deflect away from over-arching bad practices.

Not saying those are questions you can answer Cletius...

I hope the perpetrator of this crime spends the rest of his life suffering in prison.

My heart breaks for the families of the victims.

These bail discussions are interesting because everyone wants this guy kept in jail. But that's not the purpose of bail. The purpose of bail is to ensure he shows up for his trial. 

Remember, this guy had not yet been found guilty of anything. We can't just throw him in jail (and keep him there) because we think he's a bad guy.

Users who are viewing this thread