What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Royals/Angels Thread. (1 Viewer)

Yost should've pulled Vargas against Kendrick with 2 on, 2 out. Kendrick's really strong against lefties, and he was probably Vargas' last batter either way, who was certainly scuffling a lot more than Shields was the other night.

No rule that says you can't bring in Herrera early. Yost lucked out that time, although Kendrick obviously got into one.

Aoki twisting, turning, then twisting again for the catch. :lmao:
Yeah, that was ugly. But credit where credit's due, smaht to bring in Davis against Cron. For Yost to do the obvious/right thing is a small victory in itself.

Angels bullpen is severely underrated. They've got some nasty guys down there.

No wonder Tim loves the Angels, only he can appreciate that rock fountain thing they have in the outfield.

I get that it's lefty/lefty, but I can't believe they trusted Collins in that spot. I've seen him soil his pants countless times.

They flash the graphic under Moustakas' name: First Career Post-Season Homerun.

He wasn't even born the last time KC was in the post-season, so of course it was.

This is usually when I catch the new episodes of "Pawn Stars". I never expected to have to DVR it so I can watch a game involving the Kansas City Royals.

I am starting to get the feeling that the KC Royals of 2014 are the Anaheim Angels of 2002.

Why is Gordon hitting 6th and Hosmer cleanup? :loco:
Yost never really settled on a batting order all season. There were lineups in August and early September with Perez hitting cleanup and Cain hitting eighth. If Yost said he moved Hosmer to cleanup because he was playing Strat-O-Matic against Rusty ####z and Hosmer homered for his team, it would make as much sense as the real reason.

Worth mentioning that Holland should've come in with 2 out in the 9th against Cron (then stay in to face Iannetta/Calhoun/Trout in the 10th) and a man on second, instead of being saved for the "save", which was against the bottom of ANA's order?

Worth mentioning that Holland should've come in with 2 out in the 9th against Cron (then stay in to face Iannetta/Calhoun/Trout in the 10th) and a man on second, instead of being saved for the "save", which was against the bottom of ANA's order?
Since too many managers do this, it's hard to single out Yost on this one. However, you're right. Even if he didn't bring in Holland to finish the 9th, he absolutely should have had Holland out there in the 10th against the top of the order.

I am starting to get the feeling that the KC Royals of 2014 are the Anaheim Angels of 2002.
Was also just thinking this. Some definite similarity in the teams.
They do many of the things that that Angels team did as well. Blue collar guys who didn't mash, but grinded it out with speed and situational hitting. And they have some young arms, too.The ***** in the armor is that they are managed by Ned Yost.

#### me. Even the Baseball Forum isn't a Tim free zone? Jesus Christ.

Gawd I hope the Angels lose now.

Was also just thinking this. Some definite similarity in the teams.
They do many of the things that that Angels team did as well. Blue collar guys who didn't mash, but grinded it out with speed and situational hitting. And they have some young arms, too.The ***** in the armor is that they are managed by Ned Yost.
That team also had a lockdown bullpen - Scot Shields, Brendan Donnelly (who was great that year), Percival, and of course K-Rod in the post-season.

Since too many managers do this, it's hard to single out Yost on this one. However, you're right. Even if he didn't bring in Holland to finish the 9th, he absolutely should have had Holland out there in the 10th against the top of the order.
Some of the old "rules" gets thrown out in the playoffs though, no? I just can't see how a manager's going to feel good about potentially losing a close game and going down 1-0 with Holland going unused.

Dogma can be a powerful thing, I suppose.

We were hopeful Yost would bring in Holland earlier. The last few months, he set a pattern of Herrera in the 7th, Davis in the 8th, Holland in the 9th. Seeing Yost bring Davis in an out "early" last night was an encouraging sign. (Seeing Herrera leave with an injury after one hitter was not.)

What Yost (and other managers who set strict bullpen patterns) will say to defend their position is the pitchers need defined roles to have the best chance of success, and that role is best defined by inning or hitter type, not how much Win Probablity is at stake. I disagree, but that's the defense.

Ventura just hit 102mph in the 7th. Amazing stuff.

If he could refine his curve, he'll win a Cy Young in the next few years.

Someone needs to make a gif of that Royals fans taunting the Angels fan after that and then the other kid beating him in the head with his big foam finger. :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread