What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Making money off of CA drought/wildfires....how? (1 Viewer)

eoMMan

Footballguy
What companies or investments stand to profit from the water shortage and/or wildfires in California?

I have to believe pest control companies are seeing more customers than ever. The ants have been extra crazy this year.

You're too late to profit on this particular drought- if profits are to be made at all.

Wildfires are pretty much going to be an on-going event for the West. Pine beetles are killing a significant portion of these forests and once dead it doesn't take much to set them ablaze.

I think one of the best investments long term would be in water, though again profits may not be realized from THIS particular drought. Demand for clean/fresh water is expected to rise by about 40% in the next 15 years and we are sucking dry aquifers and polluting rivers and other sources of fresh water. Look into water treatment, desalinization, irrigation and water technology companies. $PHO and $PIO are ETFs specializing in water.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're too late to profit on this particular drought- if profits are to be made at all.

Wildfires are pretty much going to be an on-going event for the West. Pine beetles are killing a significant portion of these forests and once dead it doesn't take much to set them ablaze.

I think one of the best investments long term would be in water, though again profits may not be realized from THIS particular drought. Demand for clean/fresh water is expected to rise by about 40% in the next 15 years and we are sucking dry aquifers and polluting rivers and other sources of fresh water. Look into water treatment, desalinization, irrigation and water technology companies. $PHO andare $PIO and ETFs specializing in water.
They are going to have to build some desalination plants. Lake Mead is going to go dry.

I think one of the best investments long term would be in water, though again profits may not be realized from THIS particular drought. Demand for clean/fresh water is expected to rise by about 40% in the next 15 years and we are sucking dry aquifers and polluting rivers and other sources of fresh water. Look into water treatment, desalinization, irrigation and water technology companies. $PHO andare $PIO and ETFs specializing in water.
Awesome. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread