What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yet More Proof Women are Impossible to Please (1 Viewer)

I’d like to clarify my earlier post that while I have no problem ordering a pina colada at a swim up pool bar at a Caribbean resort, I wouldn’t order one on a date at Ruth’s Chris. But that’s as much about the time and place as is it is about not wanting to look like a psycho. But I’d order a Jameson and ginger without thinking twice if that’s what I wanted. Anyone who would rule me out based on my drink order is going to be way too high maintenance for a successful long term relationship with me. So I would consider such a woman’s early dismissal of me for that reason to be a huge time saver.

P.S. I’ve been happily married for 30 years, so it’s admittedly easy for me to be boastful about my dating confidence when I haven’t had to ask a girl out since the 90s.

Last edited:
Ok...

At my wifes infusion treatment right now (LAST ONE!!!!) and so I asked her "if you were dating, would you care what the guy ordered for drinks" and she was like "if he ordered a foo foo drink like Pineapple and Malibu or some girly drink it would be a turn off". Asked the nurse, got a similar answer but then I said "I don't care, I am ordering for me and not what people think of me, to me that shows confidence." And they both agreed with me.

Don't know what that says really.
It says:

1) They told you what they really think
2) Then they "agreed with you" because they knew that's what you wanted to hear.

Good news is, you're not dating, so it doesn't matter.
Oh, you haven't met my wife. If she disagrees with me she has not reluctance to say that I am dumb and tell me what she thinks.

The nurse... I can't say but she seemed pretty enthusiastic about my perspective when I said it.... saying something along the lines of "Yes, confidence is very important and that does say that you are confident" I did say that I order for myself and not what anyone thinks of me and that is what she liked.

It did kind of seem like their initial reaction was 'girlie drink is a turn off' but then when I turned the perspective in that it was a confidence move they really liked that. Because, really, above all other things, women want confidence.

Do you believe otherwise?

I think those statistics can be very misleading, and perhaps inaccurate - and I'm not going to pretend to know what women think. Women (and men) can be very superficial in the dating world, and I ABSOLUTELY think there are plenty that would even judge things like what kind of drink their date ordered, what they wore, how they ordered, etc. I once had a women tell me when she was breaking up with me that I "touch my face too much" (whatever that means).

Worldwide statistics aren't really very relevant when you consider Muslim countries and the many people that live in abject poverty. Same in this country to some extent.

I also think you project your own feelings/thoughts (especially when it comes to alcohol consumption) onto the "general population's" thoughts here and in other threads.
65% of US women drink alcohol, and a much lower percentage drink regularly. I feel safe positing it is extremely unlikely a significant percentage (let’s say 5%) are impressed by the type of liquor their partner drinks.

Yes, both men and women can be superficial in their decisions, including those related to alcohol. But that doesn’t change my opinion - I don’t believe “plenty” of women care about it one way or the other. If you disagree, that’s OK.
My wife doesn't drink.... not that she won't drink but she just has never been a drinker. When we were young and all she would have MAYBE a drink. Now, we rarely drink. But her reaction, when asked is shown above. I do think that there is a common perspective which is cultural that there are girlie and manly drinks and that I think women are swayed buy that even if they don't drink.

Meh. All you alcohol aficionados overestimate its importance. The vast majority of the population, and certainly most females, couldn’t care less about their romantic interest’s beverage choice. I guess at the extreme, maybe something like chocolate milk might be a turn-off.
Why do you think you speak for "the majority of the population"?
I don’t. I just know enough about drinking stats to realize most people don’t place such value on liquor consumption.

Over a third of the US population doesn’t drink at all, and more men drink than women - less than 50% of women drink worldwide.

So it’s not a stretch to believe most women of dating age in this country aren’t impressed by a particular type of alcoholic beverage. Do you believe otherwise?
Impressed... no but can they be turned off? Apparently. At least from my small sample size survey.
My wife said she thought more women would be concerned about the potential for problem drinking.
That was the nurses initial thing.... basically how hard and how much because of worrying about a drinking problem. I had to clarify what I was asking to move on.

I’ve had a pina colada on vacation at the pool bar. And I’d do it again!!!
My man!

I would say that we should meet up on a beach and have those Pina Colada's together... but then then that might taking it a little too far. :suds: :unsure::lmao:
Try ordering them in a Mexican restaurant...It took them a few tries but I got one.
What is wuss in Spanish?
Gato? I don't know but I was on Vacation dammit. I wanted a Pina Colada! God bless 'em they there eventually.

I’d like to clarify my earlier post that while I have no problem ordering a pina colada at a swim up pool bar at a Caribbean resort, I wouldn’t order one on a date at Ruth’s Chris. But that’s as much about the time and place as is it is about not wanting to look like a psycho. But I’d order a Jameson and ginger without thinking twice if that’s what I wanted. Anyone who would rule me out based on my drink order is going to be way too high maintenance for a successful long term relationship with me. So I would consider such a woman’s early dismissal of me for that reason to be a huge time saver.

P.S. I’ve been happily married for 30 years, so it’s admittedly easy for me to be boastful about my dating confidence when I haven’t had to ask a girl out since the 90s.
I don't even like Pina Colada's taste wise much at all but I REALLY wanted a tropical drink for me as I sat in an open air bar next to the beach in Hawaii.... the only freaking drink I could think of was that though. I knew my buddies were going to give me a hard time about it.... surprised for sure that the bartender did too but still didn't care.

I asked my wife about my go to drink "Cape Cod" and she was like kind 'meh' on it.... said something like she did notice it but it had Vodka in it so it wasn't anything she thought much about it either way

Ok...

At my wifes infusion treatment right now (LAST ONE!!!!) and so I asked her "if you were dating, would you care what the guy ordered for drinks" and she was like "if he ordered a foo foo drink like Pineapple and Malibu or some girly drink it would be a turn off". Asked the nurse, got a similar answer but then I said "I don't care, I am ordering for me and not what people think of me, to me that shows confidence." And they both agreed with me.

It says:

2) Then they "agreed with you" because they knew that's what you wanted to hear.

Oh, you haven't met my wife. If she disagrees with me she has not reluctance to say that I am dumb and tell me what she thinks.

The nurse... I can't say but she seemed pretty enthusiastic about my perspective when I said it.... saying something along the lines of "Yes, confidence is very important and that does say that you are confident" I did say that I order for myself and not what anyone thinks of me and that is what she liked.

It did kind of seem like their initial reaction was 'girlie drink is a turn off' but then when I turned the perspective in that it was a confidence move they really liked that. Because, really, above all other things, women want confidence.
Confidence is key. However, ordering the Blue Hawaiian on the first date is still inviting trouble. You will be judged.

i think really that this thread should be called more proof that women have discussions and actually listen and react to counterpoints in the normal course of a conversation in the manner almost everyone normal does but that there are some men who want to go all incel and use that as a basis to conclude that women are impossible to please take that to the bank bromigos

I’ve had a pina colada on vacation at the pool bar. And I’d do it again!!!
My man!

I would say that we should meet up on a beach and have those Pina Colada's together... but then then that might taking it a little too far. :suds: :unsure::lmao:
Try ordering them in a Mexican restaurant...It took them a few tries but I got one.
What is wuss in Spanish?
Gato? I don't know but I was on Vacation dammit. I wanted a Pina Colada! God bless 'em they there eventually.
Cat :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I don't even like Pina Colada's taste wise much at all but I REALLY wanted a tropical drink for me as I sat in an open air bar next to the beach in Hawaii.... the only freaking drink I could think of was that though. I knew my buddies were going to give me a hard time about it.... surprised for sure that the bartender did too but still didn't care.

I asked my wife about my go to drink "Cape Cod" and she was like kind 'meh' on it.... said something like she did notice it but it had Vodka in it so it wasn't anything she thought much about it either way
You can get them in giant hollowed out coconuts in Cancun and Maui. Tastes like Heaven.

Ok...

It says:

Confidence is key. However, ordering the Blue Hawaiian on the first date is still inviting trouble. You will be judged.
But what if the Shark move is to order it and then when it comes saying something like "You know, some guys might be worried about ordering a drink like a Blue Hawaiian on a date but the thing is that I order for myself and not what people think of me.... I like what I like. Now, let's talk about something else I like... you."

*I have heard it before for sure but have no idea what is in a Blue Hawaiian

i think really that this thread should be called more proof that women have discussions and actually listen and react to counterpoints in the normal course of a conversation in the manner almost everyone normal does but that there are some men who want to go all incel and use that as a basis to conclude that women are impossible to please take that to the bank bromigos
You must be super fun to have at parties and I am taking that to the bank bromigo.

What is a Blue Hawaiian made of?

The Blue Hawaiian is a fun, refreshing cocktail made with rum, cream of coconut, pineapple juice, and Curacao liqueur

The vodka, water and mio drink order is pretty questionable though. If I was on a date with a woman and she pulled that stunt, it would annoy me. I can't imagine a guy doing this.
I'm the opposite - drink whatever you want to drink, if you want to put Pappy 15 into your Coke, or mix some sugary umbrella drink with a screwdriver, if you're The Mountain and want to drink a Whiteclaw, whatever floats your boat. Vodka is tasteless, water is tasteless, so if you want a splash of flavor in there to go with the burn, go for it :shrug:
This
Who cares what one enjoys drinking?

What is a Blue Hawaiian made of?

The Blue Hawaiian is a fun, refreshing cocktail made with rum, cream of coconut, pineapple juice, and Curacao liqueur
There has to be an angle with the cream of coconut to say on a date.... but the ones I am coming up with are creepy vs smooth :lmao:

Help me understand your counterpoint.
Read your response to @kutta. Thats what I was referring to. It came across as dismissive based on your “feelings”. Sure his post was anecdotal but it was relevant to the main point of this thread. I think you’d be surprised in the real world. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong to be judged about what you drink, or even if you don’t drink at all, and I’m not saying one necessarily has to be concerned about it - but let’s not pretend it’s not happening in the world where the people here tread.

You must be super fun to have at parties and I am taking that to the bank bromigo.
not as much fun anymore now that im sober im told sadly take that to the bank brohans

Not alcohol-related but still on-topic, I've noticed a couple of articles recently about how Android phones have become "poor-coded" and apparently now put one at a disadvantage in the dating market. One thing I deeply appreciate about my wife is that both of us are cost-conscious to the point of being a little on the cheap side. (I'm prudent, she's cheap of course). Neither of us would ever buy an iPhone in a million years given the price differential, and we could easily afford whatever phone we wanted.

These things matter a lot when you're going on 30 years of marriage. Congrats on finding a good match!

Ok...

It says:

What drink did you order on your first date with your wife?

Ok...

It says:

San Pellegrino.

The vodka, water and mio drink order is pretty questionable though. If I was on a date with a woman and she pulled that stunt, it would annoy me. I can't imagine a guy doing this.
I'm the opposite - drink whatever you want to drink, if you want to put Pappy 15 into your Coke, or mix some sugary umbrella drink with a screwdriver, if you're The Mountain and want to drink a Whiteclaw, whatever floats your boat. Vodka is tasteless, water is tasteless, so if you want a splash of flavor in there to go with the burn, go for it :shrug:
This
I don't care what a guy drinks. As long as he's not wearing joggers.

not as much fun anymore now that im sober im told sadly take that to the bank brohans
Only drunks tell people that

Not alcohol-related but still on-topic, I've noticed a couple of articles recently about how Android phones have become "poor-coded" and apparently now put one at a disadvantage in the dating market. One thing I deeply appreciate about my wife is that both of us are cost-conscious to the point of being a little on the cheap side. (I'm prudent, she's cheap of course). Neither of us would ever buy an iPhone in a million years given the price differential, and we could easily afford whatever phone we wanted.

These things matter a lot when you're going on 30 years of marriage. Congrats on finding a good match!
We are Samsung for since we got smart phones except my wife does have an iPhone for work. She has no interest in changing ours to iPhones and I haven't liked Apple since iPods which never worked for me but then all these Apple nerds would be all "It's so intuitive... just swipe here, scroll here and do a jumping jack... there!" No interest. I am a green bubble guy and don't care what people that buy almost the exact same phone because it is now "Titanium" and get excited about it think.

Ok...

It says:

I don't remember to be honest... most likely a Cape Cod. Most likely was drinking them when I met her too. Back then I was pretty much 70% Cape Cod, 20% Long Island and 10% the field. I can't imagine I would have ordered a Long Island on the date though it is possible that I did at the Club when I met her (we went to the club with a bunch of work people after being at Chevy's for Cinco de Mayo.)

This
What are joggers? Sweat pants?

This
Those hip, stylish tapered male capri pants that all the kids wear these days - as do some older guys that really shouldn't. I loathe them.

Ok...

It says:

I don't remember to be honest... most likely a Cape Cod. Most likely was drinking them when I met her too. Back then I was pretty much 70% Cape Cod, 20% Long Island and 10% the field. I can't imagine I would have ordered a Long Island on the date though it is possible that I did at the Club when I met her (we went to the club with a bunch of work people after being at Chevy's for Cinco de Mayo.)
I can get drunk and prevent urinary tract infections, all at the same time

This
Those hip, stylish tapered male capri pants that all the kids wear these days - as do some older guys that really shouldn't. I loathe them.
I thought those were called skinny jeans?

I can get drunk and prevent urinary tract infections, all at the same time
I laugh every time I see The Departed when the guy says "It's a natural diuretic. My girlfriend drinks it when she's got her period. What, do you got your period?"

Do you believe otherwise?

I think those statistics can be very misleading, and perhaps inaccurate - and I'm not going to pretend to know what women think. Women (and men) can be very superficial in the dating world, and I ABSOLUTELY think there are plenty that would even judge things like what kind of drink their date ordered, what they wore, how they ordered, etc. I once had a women tell me when she was breaking up with me that I "touch my face too much" (whatever that means).

Worldwide statistics aren't really very relevant when you consider Muslim countries and the many people that live in abject poverty. Same in this country to some extent.

I also think you project your own feelings/thoughts (especially when it comes to alcohol consumption) onto the "general population's" thoughts here and in other threads.
65% of US women drink alcohol, and a much lower percentage drink regularly. I feel safe positing it is extremely unlikely a significant percentage (let’s say 5%) are impressed by the type of liquor their partner drinks.

Yes, both men and women can be superficial in their decisions, including those related to alcohol. But that doesn’t change my opinion - I don’t believe “plenty” of women care about it one way or the other. If you disagree, that’s OK.
My wife doesn't drink.... not that she won't drink but she just has never been a drinker. When we were young and all she would have MAYBE a drink. Now, we rarely drink. But her reaction, when asked is shown above. I do think that there is a common perspective which is cultural that there are girlie and manly drinks and that I think women are swayed buy that even if they don't drink.
I agree, the “girlie drink” phenomenon exists, but it’s usually (young) males that adopt absurd posturing about the “manliness” of drinking. While some women may care, I believe most are indifferent, at best.

Anyway, I’ve beaten this horse to death. The ideas that women are hard to please/seem not to know what they want are the take-home points on which we can all agree.

Read your response to @kutta. Thats what I was referring to. It came across as dismissive based on your “feelings”. Sure his post was anecdotal but it was relevant to the main point of this thread. I think you’d be surprised in the real world. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong to be judged about what you drink, or even if you don’t drink at all, and I’m not saying one necessarily has to be concerned about it - but let’s not pretend it’s not happening in the world where the people here tread.
I live in the real world, and the crude stats suggest my stance isn’t off-base. But whatevs, lucky I’m not dating, or drinking around sensitive women.

This
They aren’t made of jeans. They are actually kind of the opposite in terms of comfort. Some are made of a sweatpant like material and others are more of a stretchy material. It’s athleisure.

I've noticed a couple of articles recently about how Android phones have become "poor-coded" and apparently now put one at a disadvantage in the dating market.

Really? I'm poor as hell and would trade in my iPhone 12 Pro for a new Galaxy in a flash. Folding screens and all. Those are rich, I would think.

I live in the real world, and the crude stats suggest my stance isn’t off-base. But whatevs, lucky I’m not dating, or drinking around sensitive women.

Once again, if you say so.

Women in Iran and Ethiopia not drinking was real relevant to this conversation (thanks for sharing) and I love how the goalposts got moved in your other responsive post.

But yeah, I’m done with this also. You know what’s going on.

Last edited:
I always ordered a gin and tonic and thought it was manly enough that I wouldn't get pressed about the juniper berries that were used in the making of the drink. I'm sure somewhere out there is a woman that would judge me for not knowing that I was drinking a fruity drink, nor did I know where the berries themselves were sourced, or some other neurotic stance.

I just don't date anymore because of many things, but ridiculousness like you described is rampant.

I'm going to add this to the thread. If you aren't married in by forty, forget it. You're going to wind up with damage or people who are damaged. Get in young, stay young, be young, grow old together. That's the only way to do it with men and women.

I'm sure I'll take flak for it, but I haven't seen too many second or third marriages work really well. Nor have I seen the dating be anything but a bit either cutthroat, needy, or co-dependent once you hit a certain age. People have their damages and points to prove, and it can manifest in something so gobsmackingly stupid as the drink preferences of a veteran who served in the military.

Fickle is the word I'm looking for here. Annoyingly and disqualifyingly fickle.

Honesty is what women want at the core. Be true to yourself be true to them. If you're at point in your self destructive life that you're dating multiple women most won't care if you're honest about it. Women in the dating world are unrestrained, you can be too.

The mio girl is just looking for a reason to still be looking. There's a lot of excitement in the chase, sometimes more than to the catch.

What's wrong with Converse? Are these Chuck's we're talking about?
Yea! She couldn't tell me. :lmao:
Later she was like "well, I guess he has had to wear boots all his life and now just wants to be comfy" :lmao:
I had a pair of Converse boots when I was in. Buncha guys did. Way comfier than the Uncle Sam issued ones. If that's what he's sporting at the swim club with his shin length board shorts, then she'd better marry him ASAP right there in the pool.

Women want guys to have flaws so they can be less self conscious of their own. If a guy isn't upfront about their own their date will find some.

Ok...

It says:

But what if the Shark move is to order it and then when it comes saying something like "You know, some guys might be worried about ordering a drink like a Blue Hawaiian on a date but the thing is that I order for myself and not what people think of me.... I like what I like. Now, let's talk about something else I like... you."

It’s a pina colada with blue curacao added. And no, that’s not going to fly on a first date.

This
Think Miami dolphins head coach

Ok...

It says:

It’s a pina colada with blue curacao added. And no, that’s not going to fly on a first date.
I can make it fly

Users who are viewing this thread