What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yet More Proof Women are Impossible to Please (1 Viewer)

I have a couple divorced buddies from work who are the same as this woman. They date and date and always find a fault no matter what the women look like.

My one buddy was dating this really nice looking lady and all of a sudden she was not around anymore. i asked what happened and he said they went to a wedding and he hated the way she danced. I askes "How often do you plan on dancing with her" he said does not matter.

This is the same guy on Match.com who put in his profile. "Unless you consider yourself an 8 or above do not contact me" Also must in "Must be fit, and have good teeth and smile"

Quite surprised that he gets all kinds of hits.

I have a couple divorced buddies from work who are the same as this woman. They date and date and always find a fault no matter what the women look like.

My one buddy was dating this really nice looking lady and all of a sudden she was not around anymore. i asked what happened and he said they went to a wedding and he hated the way she danced. I askes "How often do you plan on dancing with her" he said does not matter.

This is the same guy on Match.com who put in his profile. "Unless you consider yourself an 8 or above do not contact me" Also must in "Must be fit, and have good teeth and smile"

Offdee is your work buddy?

The age range of men that women can get shrinks every year.

For guys it is the exact opposite.

I do like beer, but lately I’ve found sours can be fantastic so I’ve been ordering them but I always sample first. Even through this bar named their sour “hey girl hey” - girly name, delicious sour.
I did a really girly spritzy type drink at a very nice restaurant in London, called Daddy Issues. I had to fight and fight to keep that name, and it was our bestseller, nothing even close.
we have one on the menu now, BDKMV. b, don't kill my vibe. it's very popular.

If he wore Vans, would she think differently of him? I'm really kind of stuck on this Converse thing.
I would assume she meant tennis shoes. She wants a manly man in boots or something, not a boy in gym shoes. That's weird in 2023 but that is my guess here.
No. It was specifically Converse she had an issue with.
Chucks or one-star?
I did not get further details on it, I just immediately skipped to making fun and mocking her.

I don't get it. People are odd. I am so happy I am not single.

I did not get further details on it, I just immediately skipped to making fun and mocking her.
Yeah, I don't think she is representative of most women, certainly not of a certain age.

I think most women, who are actively looking for a long term partner, would see the shoes as something they didn't like, and need to fix. Lotta guys wearing clothes tout there their wife picked out.

If it wasn't the shoes, it would have been something else. Same with me at 25. I was always gonna find something wrong with who I was dating, cause I wasn't trying to get married.

Good call, this whole thread reads like a Seinfeld episode. In addition to her dancing, Elaine seemed to have a problem with her boyfriend's coats. One was a full length fur that she threw out the window. The other was his 8 ball leather jacket.

I had a crush on Julia back in the Seinfield days... even really chased a girl hard largely because she reminded me of her. If she danced like Elaine, it wouldn't bother me one bit. Hell, I would even dance like that with her on the dance floor. :pickle:

I’ve had a pina colada on vacation at the pool bar. And I’d do it again!!!
Of course. I've had Pina coladas, mai tais, slushy drinks and local concoctions by the pool on vacation. The bartenders have usually given me one with the fruit garnish, umbrella, etc. for my wife and a "toned down" version for myself.
It is usually hot as heck at these tropical locations so what am I supposed to drink, boilermakers?

We have a friend who went out with a guy whose family owns a significant number of chain restaurants. He runs their Ops. Guy has $$ and took her on a nice date. Good dude, she was into him, etc. Ended it. She couldn't get over his height. He wasn't shorter than her, but he was "about an inch too short."

And yes, complains about the guys who are out there. Crazy. With a capital C.
Yup. It is the "why are there no good guys?" that kills me.

And I bet if some guy didn't go on a second date with her because her boobs were too small, she would rant and rave about how superficial it is and never have it dawn on her the hypocrisy.
My wife wouldn't let me buy this for her for Christmas: https://www.spreadshirt.com/shop/de...xrgbmxVkDzC10ojJzgOy-210-7#?affiliateId=11625

Mio? Wtf? All that manliness dashed away in a couple of squeezes.
Mmmnnn..... Kirkland water bottle, Aldi lemonade pack and a Mio to add flavor. Every single day.

I started on it after kidney stones. Doctor said Crystal Light is great for helping avoid them forming again. Then found Aldi had the same but cheaper. Added Mio and other squirt stuff to change up the flavors. Now, I don't drink soda. 90% of what I drink is water or one of these concoctions.

You know how much I care if you judge me on it? Less than if you judged me for drinking a Pina Colada.
Oh I'm just bein a turd...I'm glad it helps you

Mmmnnn..... Kirkland water bottle, Aldi lemonade pack and a Mio to add flavor. Every single day.

I started on it after kidney stones. Doctor said Crystal Light is great for helping avoid them forming again. Then found Aldi had the same but cheaper. Added Mio and other squirt stuff to change up the flavors. Now, I don't drink soda. 90% of what I drink is water or one of these concoctions.

You know how much I care if you judge me on it? Less than if you judged me for drinking a Pina Colada.
All good. I don't mind getting teased for what I like.

It tastes yummy too.

It tastes yummy too.
Manly men don't say yummy!

:P

We have a friend who went out with a guy whose family owns a significant number of chain restaurants. He runs their Ops. Guy has $$ and took her on a nice date. Good dude, she was into him, etc. Ended it. She couldn't get over his height. He wasn't shorter than her, but he was "about an inch too short."

And I bet if some guy didn't go on a second date with her because her boobs were too small, she would rant and rave about how superficial it is and never have it dawn on her the hypocrisy.
My wife wouldn't let me buy this for her for Christmas: https://www.spreadshirt.com/shop/de...xrgbmxVkDzC10ojJzgOy-210-7#?affiliateId=11625
My son is 6’6” and was a basketball star in HS. After a dominating road game, a couple of chicks DM’d him on social media with some NSFW picks saying they bet each other $20 that he was at least a particular size. They both had to be there for the measurement and either way he would be the one that won the bet. Stuff like that used to happy pretty regular. Pretty sure he didn’t add Mio to any drinks, however.

It tastes yummy too.
Manly men don't say yummy!

:P
Never said I was a manly man... just secure in my manhood.

My son is 6’6” and was a basketball star in HS. After a dominating road game, a couple of chicks DM’d him on social media with some NSFW picks saying they bet each other $20 that he was at least a particular size. They both had to be there for the measurement and either way he would be the one that won the bet. Stuff like that used to happy pretty regular. Pretty sure he didn’t add Mio to any drinks, however.
So.... did he or did he not get an STD?

Well, I gotta say I sort of agree with her.
After a certain age, men need to leave the “yummy phase” and move on. Just because something tastes good doesn’t mean we should drink it. Hell, orange soda is delicious but we don’t keep cases of it around.
I’ve been dating some (divorced after 29 years of marriage 😫). And it’s interesting. Pretty much every woman I’ve dated has mentioned that they like that I drink whiskey neat. And they usually can’t explain it, but I’d say 80 percent of them comment on it. They say it’s nice to go out with a guy who doesn’t drink rum and coke - or something like that.
Maybe it’s dating a guy who drinks something different than college kids do? I don’t know. But I do know that those of you dating may want to start drinking whiskey…

After a certain age, men need to leave the “yummy phase” and move on. Just because something tastes good doesn’t mean we should drink it. Hell, orange soda is delicious but we don’t keep cases of it around.
I’ve been dating some (divorced after 29 years of marriage 😫). And it’s interesting. Pretty much every woman I’ve dated has mentioned that they like that I drink whiskey neat. And they usually can’t explain it, but I’d say 80 percent of them comment on it. They say it’s nice to go out with a guy who doesn’t drink rum and coke - or something like that.
Maybe it’s dating a guy who drinks something different than college kids do? I don’t know. But I do know that those of you dating may want to start drinking whiskey…
I got my wifey and I will stick to the yummy drinks.

The thing is, whiskey is yummy too. It just takes a while before it’s yummy. It’s worth the investment 🥃

Meh. All you alcohol aficionados overestimate its importance. The vast majority of the population, and certainly most females, couldn’t care less about their romantic interest’s beverage choice. I guess at the extreme, maybe something like chocolate milk might be a turn-off.

While I’m sure there are few women who admire a man who drinks whiskey, I’d wager more see it as a red flag. But most are indifferent.

Never had any problem dating, and all I drank was water. Granted, I didn’t add Mio, And I wasn’t picking up women at drinking establishments. Maybe in that environment, all this nonsensical machismo holds some value.

Last edited:
Meh. All you alcohol aficionados overestimate its importance. The vast majority of the population, and certainly most females, couldn’t care less about their romantic interest’s beverage choice. I guess at the extreme, maybe something like chocolate milk might be a turn-off,

While I’m sure there are few women who admire a man who drinks whiskey, I’d wager more see it as a red flag. But most are indifferent.

Never had any problem dating, and all I drank was water. Granted, I didn’t add Mio, And I wasn’t picking up women at drinking establishments. Maybe in that environment, all this nonsensical machismo holds some value.
Just found my fantasy team name for next year!

Meh. All you alcohol aficionados overestimate its importance. The vast majority of the population, and certainly most females, couldn’t care less about their romantic interest’s beverage choice. I guess at the extreme, maybe something like chocolate milk might be a turn-off.
Why do you think you speak for "the majority of the population"?

The thing is, whiskey is yummy too. It just takes a while before it’s yummy. It’s worth the investment 🥃
I can and have drank Whiskey but don't prefer it.

I also hate beer. Coffee as well. And Tea.

I suck for social drinking.

Ok...

At my wifes infusion treatment right now (LAST ONE!!!!) and so I asked her "if you were dating, would you care what the guy ordered for drinks" and she was like "if he ordered a foo foo drink like Pineapple and Malibu or some girly drink it would be a turn off". Asked the nurse, got a similar answer but then I said "I don't care, I am ordering for me and not what people think of me, to me that shows confidence." And they both agreed with me.

Don't know what that says really.

"if he ordered a foo foo drink like Pineapple and Malibu or some girly drink it would be a turn off". Asked the nurse, got a similar answer but then I said "I don't care, I am ordering for me and not what people think of me, to me that shows confidence." And they both agreed with me.

It means women have no idea what they want
Pay the bill with an American Express black card and you could drink the blood of the waitress and they wouldn’t care.

I don’t. I just know enough about drinking stats to realize most people don’t place such value on liquor consumption.

Over a third of the US population doesn’t drink at all, and more men drink than women - less than 50% of women drink worldwide.

So it’s not a stretch to believe most women of dating age in this country aren’t impressed by a particular type of alcoholic beverage. Do you believe otherwise?

Do you believe otherwise?

I think those statistics can be very misleading, and perhaps inaccurate - and I'm not going to pretend to know what women think. Women (and men) can be very superficial in the dating world, and I ABSOLUTELY think there are plenty that would even judge things like what kind of drink their date ordered, what they wore, how they ordered, etc. I once had a women tell me when she was breaking up with me that I "touch my face too much" (whatever that means).

Worldwide statistics aren't really very relevant when you consider Muslim countries and the many people that live in abject poverty. Same in this country to some extent.

I also think you project your own feelings/thoughts (especially when it comes to alcohol consumption) onto the "general population's" thoughts here and in other threads.

I don’t. I just know enough about drinking stats to realize most people don’t place such value on liquor consumption.

Over a third of the US population doesn’t drink at all, and more men drink than women - less than 50% of women drink worldwide.

So it’s not a stretch to believe most women of dating age in this country aren’t impressed by a particular type of alcoholic beverage. Do you believe otherwise?
Impressed... no but can they be turned off? Apparently. At least from my small sample size survey.

i try not to talk about being sober too much because for me it is a health choice i had to make and am glad that i did and i sort of have an aversion to sounding preachy about it but now that i am on this side of the line it amazes me in fact it flat out floors me how much our society shoves drinking down our throats and how much what i now view as misplaced importance gets placed on it i like being sober because i get to know the person not whatever i sort of think they are through a drunk haze and my relationships are better for it and it astounds me that anyone would date or not date someone based on what they ordered to drink i mean talk about a shallow place to start a relationship take that to the bank bromigos

Ok...

At my wifes infusion treatment right now (LAST ONE!!!!) and so I asked her "if you were dating, would you care what the guy ordered for drinks" and she was like "if he ordered a foo foo drink like Pineapple and Malibu or some girly drink it would be a turn off". Asked the nurse, got a similar answer but then I said "I don't care, I am ordering for me and not what people think of me, to me that shows confidence." And they both agreed with me.

It says:

1) They told you what they really think
2) Then they "agreed with you" because they knew that's what you wanted to hear.

Good news is, you're not dating, so it doesn't matter.

Also someone gave you specific real life examples, and you basically laughed him off - because you just can't see it.
No, I can see it. I even acknowledged it in my post. I just don’t think that characteristic is common, which is exactly what I said.

Help me understand your counterpoint.

Do you believe otherwise?

I think those statistics can be very misleading, and perhaps inaccurate - and I'm not going to pretend to know what women think. Women (and men) can be very superficial in the dating world, and I ABSOLUTELY think there are plenty that would even judge things like what kind of drink their date ordered, what they wore, how they ordered, etc. I once had a women tell me when she was breaking up with me that I "touch my face too much" (whatever that means).

Worldwide statistics aren't really very relevant when you consider Muslim countries and the many people that live in abject poverty. Same in this country to some extent.

I also think you project your own feelings/thoughts (especially when it comes to alcohol consumption) onto the "general population's" thoughts here and in other threads.
65% of US women drink alcohol, and a much lower percentage drink regularly. I feel safe positing it is extremely unlikely a significant percentage (let’s say 5%) are impressed by the type of liquor their partner drinks.

Yes, both men and women can be superficial in their decisions, including those related to alcohol. But that doesn’t change my opinion - I don’t believe “plenty” of women care about it one way or the other. If you disagree, that’s OK.

Me too. Thankfully, there are far more important character traits than sophisticated drinking.

Impressed... no but can they be turned off? Apparently. At least from my small sample size survey.
My wife said she thought more women would be concerned about the potential for problem drinking.

Users who are viewing this thread