What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] Sleeper List (2 Viewers)

No Im not. Since the end of the season the 49ers have been pretty adamant about given Smith an opportunity to compete for a starting Job. As for Hill, they have basically told him that "we are not sold on you" by not naming him the starter, asking him to compete for a starting job, resigning Smith, and basically being rumored to be interested in almost every available QB this off-season.Whoever wins the job has a pretty decent amount of weapons and could be a good sleeper. I also think theres people still in the organization that want to be proven right by taking Smith, and I think if its close Smith wins the job.
Then the new Niners regime is just as sil,ly as the last one.Hill came in at the end of 2007 to a trainwreck and played pretty well. Then Nolan desperately brought Martz in who promptly benched Hill for a never was who eventually coughed up the job. Hill then comes in again and plays pretty well in a trainwreck of a situation.Alex Smith has sucked in every one of his opportunities, Hill has done pretty well in both of his. This seems like a pretty easy decision to me, I will laugh my ### off if they go with Smith though. Foolishness.
Am I the only one who thinks Nate Davis has a shot at this job?
I LOVE Nate Davis, but unless both Smith and Hill fall flat on their face (Smith is likely, Hill is less likely but still possible) or get injured he's not going to get an opportunity until at least camp 2010. I had him targetted in my first dyno draft and missed him by one pick, hopefully I'll have more luck in my other dyno draft in July.

Nate Davis was a late round pick and an early entry. I don't know if a player with that background has ever won a starting job as a rookie. He may be a decent long term option, but I don't think he'll log significant minutes this season unless Hill and Smith both get hurt.
I agree. Anyone who thinks he has a "decent shot" at starting this year is kidding themselves. Strange things happen, but that doesn't make for a good shot. Even Henne, who was drafted earlier and did very well at camp didn't get the gig. And he, at the time, had less competition.

Not saying I would expect a 5th round QB to come in and start year one.

But if SF struggles or the QB are hurt it could give him an opportunity. I was more thinking Hill and Smith are not the answer. I that continues to be true then Davis may be competing for the start in year 2.

Anyone have opinions on Kenny McKinley and Sammie Stroughter? They landed in spots that could give them good numbers within the next year or two.

But then again, they could get cut so... :hot:

Hey EBF.

Nice thread. Hey, what are you opinions on Vincent Jackson? I've seen him go ridiculously high in a lot of dynasty drafts (mid-third round). Is that too high?

Hey EBF.Nice thread. Hey, what are you opinions on Vincent Jackson? I've seen him go ridiculously high in a lot of dynasty drafts (mid-third round). Is that too high?
Third round seems a little high, but he played well last year and there's no reason to think he can be a quality WR2-WR3 for the next few years. He has improved every season in the league and is now firmly entrenched as a starter with a capable QB throwing him the ball. He should be a solid player for a while.

Anyone have opinions on Kenny McKinley and Sammie Stroughter? They landed in spots that could give them good numbers within the next year or two.But then again, they could get cut so... :popcorn:
McKinley could be a find if they let Marshall go. Who's ahead of him? Gaffney, Jackson, and Stokley. None of those should be too much of an obstacle to overcome. He's a great receiver in terms of hands, routes, quickness, ups, body control, etc. However, he lacks a second gear and I read some concerns about his health due to his lanky frame and the hamstring problems he suffered last year. Stroughter's short, competitive, tough, technically sound, has good hands. He's also very elusive, but it's more moves than speed. He lacks separation, deep speed, and size. Because of that, I think his upside's a bit limited, more a useful NFL player than a fantasy one.

Anyone have opinions on Kenny McKinley and Sammie Stroughter? They landed in spots that could give them good numbers within the next year or two.But then again, they could get cut so... :excited:
McKinley could be a find if they let Marshall go. Who's ahead of him? Gaffney, Jackson, and Stokley. None of those should be too much of an obstacle to overcome. He's a great receiver in terms of hands, routes, quickness, ups, body control, etc. However, he lacks a second gear and I read some concerns about his health due to his lanky frame and the hamstring problems he suffered last year. Stroughter's short, competitive, tough, technically sound, has good hands. He's also very elusive, but it's more moves than speed. He lacks separation, deep speed, and size. Because of that, I think his upside's a bit limited, more a useful NFL player than a fantasy one.
Addition to your McKinley commentary - he's not tough, both at the LoS and going across the middle of the field.Addition to your Stroughter commentary - mental weaknesses, had issues dealing with off-the-field adversity pre 2007 and is prone to drops that appear to be caused by lack of focus

I would add Chaz Schilens from the Raiders here.

6th round pick last year, and eventually took over as a starter, and caught whatever came near him. Last three weeks of the season, was targeted 11 times, with 7 catches, and two TDs.

Has apparently been the hardest working Raider this offseason, had a good minicamp, and appears to have a starting job locked up.

With the Raiders passing game, and the presence of Miller + DMC, I wouldn't be predicting too many 1,000 yard seasons anytime soon, but he is also an athletic freak, 6'4", 220, and runs like a deer. It's getting lost in the usual Raider cirucs, but they are pretty excited about him.

I would add Chaz Schilens from the Raiders here. 6th round pick last year, and eventually took over as a starter, and caught whatever came near him. Last three weeks of the season, was targeted 11 times, with 7 catches, and two TDs. Has apparently been the hardest working Raider this offseason, had a good minicamp, and appears to have a starting job locked up. With the Raiders passing game, and the presence of Miller + DMC, I wouldn't be predicting too many 1,000 yard seasons anytime soon, but he is also an athletic freak, 6'4", 220, and runs like a deer. It's getting lost in the usual Raider cirucs, but they are pretty excited about him.
So it will be Schilens and DHB?What are your thoughts on Murphy?

For a deep sleeper, I'm still hanging on to Marcus Smith in Baltimore. I think he needs to get more serious about the NFL but he has some good skills. Mason is getting older, Clayton is just OK and Williams has been a sleeper so long he may as well be called Rip Van Winkle. They didn't draft a WR and the only WR they brought in of note was Riley from Duke.

I would add Chaz Schilens from the Raiders here. 6th round pick last year, and eventually took over as a starter, and caught whatever came near him. Last three weeks of the season, was targeted 11 times, with 7 catches, and two TDs. Has apparently been the hardest working Raider this offseason, had a good minicamp, and appears to have a starting job locked up. With the Raiders passing game, and the presence of Miller + DMC, I wouldn't be predicting too many 1,000 yard seasons anytime soon, but he is also an athletic freak, 6'4", 220, and runs like a deer. It's getting lost in the usual Raider cirucs, but they are pretty excited about him.
I don't really have too many thoughts on Murphy. I know he was considered their best value on Draft Day, but beyond that, all I know is what I have read in scouting reports. He had cramping issues at the recent minicamp, and missed some practice time because of it, but there wasn't much other news about him. At the recent minicamp, Schilens and DHB lined up as starters. That means little really,but it is better than not, I suppose. Javon Walker snuck off and had a knee surgery, unbeknownst to everyone, so I am pretty much writing him off. Javon said in a recent interview he was at about 65% last year, and had the surgery to clean things up. Yeah, we'll see. If anyone is optimistic that Javon will return to his glory days, then I'd say Schilens' starting spot is in jeopardy, but color me skeptical. It is a long way away, but if I had to guess right now, I'd say it'd be Schilens and DHB, with Higgins in the slot. I am not sure that that is how the catches break down, however. Higgins might wind up with more catches than both of them, as he has proven he can score from anywhere, and also catches the short stuff. A lot of his highlights are him taking short stuff over the middle and just outrunning everyone. I didn't mention him, because Schilens is more of a sleeper, but he's a tough little sonofagun, not just a deep threat. If you look at Schilens'scouting report, he had some eye-popping numbers. 6'4", 210 coming out of SD State, 43"vert, and ran 4.38 at his Pro Day. When the Raiders took him, he was pretty easily dismissed by Raider Nation as another track guy that the scouts threw Al Davis as a late round bone. But he was a 3 year starter for SD State, and his rep since he got to Oakland, and also mentioned in his NFLDS profile, is that of a tireless worker. This is from someone I trust:
My buddies dad is on the equipment staff for the old Silver and Black and rarely gives me any real insight that you can't find on the web. However in speaking to him yesterday I was told this:1. Mr. Schillens was spotted at the facility catching balls from the jugs machine in the rain on Thursday. Friday he was there catching balls out of a big barrel filled with water. He had requested that ever ball thrown to him were to be soaked.2. Had the machine set at one point to "rapid fire" where balls were launched at him one after another as he started about 30 yards away working his way towards the machine after each catch until being blasted off his his face mask/helmet. Was said the guy didn't miss a catch until about 10 yards away as the balls were humming one after another.3. He looked like he either put on about 10 lbs of muscle or has really leaned out his body fat. (If he gained 10 lbs that would put hin in the 235lb range so I am assuming he's slimmed his body fat. He's been reported anywhere from 210lbs to 225lbs) He was there for over an 3hrs wearing nothing but the T.O all black under armor suit catching pass after pass.4. Didn't see him running routes but was working sideline drills with his feet and catching the ball with one hand. (was snagging everything) Was working on explosion getting up on the ball. Positioned the machine to where he had to jump and catch over his head. He was working on timing with his back facing the machine, as the ball was launched he would spin and catch. (it was noted Kiffins footballs with the colored tips were not being used)
Jerry MacDonald mentioned him as having one of the most impressive mini-camps, and from what I read, he had no drops thie entire camp.

massraider said:
I would add Chaz Schilens from the Raiders here.

6th round pick last year, and eventually took over as a starter, and caught whatever came near him. Last three weeks of the season, was targeted 11 times, with 7 catches, and two TDs.

Has apparently been the hardest working Raider this offseason, had a good minicamp, and appears to have a starting job locked up.

With the Raiders passing game, and the presence of Miller + DMC, I wouldn't be predicting too many 1,000 yard seasons anytime soon, but he is also an athletic freak, 6'4", 220, and runs like a deer. It's getting lost in the usual Raider cirucs, but they are pretty excited about him.
It is a long way away, but if I had to guess right now, I'd say it'd be Schilens and DHB, with Higgins in the slot. I am not sure that that is how the catches break down, however. Higgins might wind up with more catches than both of them, as he has proven he can score from anywhere, and also catches the short stuff.
Good assessment. I like Schilens and targeted him in my offseason drafts (pre-DHB) as I thought he could emerge as the #1 there. Obviously, things have changed, but I'm glad to have him as a sleeper. A good read on him is here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/152888-...is-in-his-handsRegarding Murphy, he has good size and speed, acceptable hands, a real downfield threat. I don't see him having the route-running savvy or elusiveness to really excel in any other role, though. I think he'll be used like a pickup game where your entire play is "ok, um, Louis, you run real far and I'll throw it to you." He has a place on an NFL team, but I think he's clearly inferior to the other options in Oakland for fantasy purposes.

Really, it's hard to say how the offense in Oakland is going to shake out. Usually players are boom-or-bust, right? I see their entire offense that way. I'm half-convinced that it'll be 50% running plays and 50% bombs.

Deep Sleeper: I think Danny Ware for the Giants is a guy you can get very late and has a good skill set. People are writing him off after the draft, but Bradshaw looked bad last year and Jacobs may be gone after this year. Ware could do what Ward did IMO. I want to note that I liked the way Bradshaw ran two years ago, but he simply showed no vision last year. I am not sure what happened. I am a Giant fan who watches (many times) each game.

ETA: Bradshaw also fumbled too many times for so few carries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deep Sleeper: I think Danny Ware for the Giants is a guy you can get very late and has a good skill set. People are writing him off after the draft, but Bradshaw looked bad last year and Jacobs may be gone after this year. Ware could do what Ward did IMO. I want to note that I liked the way Bradshaw ran two years ago, but he simply showed no vision last year. I am not sure what happened. I am a Giant fan who watches (many times) each game.
:excited:

Also I don't see Greene's situation as more ideal than Andre Brown's or Jennings. And I like both of their talent about the same.

I could be very wrong about this. But I see Greene as a guy the Jets will always be looking to upgrade. To a more complete RB like they had in CuMart and have in Jones now. Doesen't mean he won't get his chance to play. But if he gets held back in commitee situations over the next 2 years the Jets might have the opportunity to draft someone better than him by then.
I don't think they'll be looking to upgrade; if anything, their hunger for him demonstrates they see him as an end of a search, not a beginning. Pairing him with Washington is a win-win for the Jets and fantasy leaguers. I don't know why that would hold him back at all. The bruising part of a committee can rack up a lot of points. Right now, I feel his situation is far superior to Brown/Jennings, though I'd put Brown next on the list for opportunity since you know Jacobs will get hurt during the season and Brown is, at this point, his eventual successor.
What does Bradshaw need to do in order to get any respect?When given a chance all he does is produce. He is not a beast like Jacobs but he is still built to be more than just a COP RB.
It's nothing against Bradshaw, but it seems doubtful that the Giants would move away from their current (highly successful) RB philosophy in the next couple of years. If Jacobs goes down, Brown is much more suitable to his powerback role than Bradshaw is. I can't imagine that the Giants would say "Ok, Jacobs is out. Let's throw Bradshaw and Ware out there all game long." It just doesn't fit.
FYI, Ware weighs 234.

:thumbup:
I deserved that; that was poorly written. What I meant to say is that he could be injured and out of football next year. That being said, I like Jacobs' game and think he is a weapon for an NFL team. That is what I get for posting while on a conference call.I still believe Ware to be a good very deep sleeper that could be a last pick

Also I don't see Greene's situation as more ideal than Andre Brown's or Jennings. And I like both of their talent about the same.

I could be very wrong about this. But I see Greene as a guy the Jets will always be looking to upgrade. To a more complete RB like they had in CuMart and have in Jones now. Doesen't mean he won't get his chance to play. But if he gets held back in commitee situations over the next 2 years the Jets might have the opportunity to draft someone better than him by then.
I don't think they'll be looking to upgrade; if anything, their hunger for him demonstrates they see him as an end of a search, not a beginning. Pairing him with Washington is a win-win for the Jets and fantasy leaguers. I don't know why that would hold him back at all. The bruising part of a committee can rack up a lot of points. Right now, I feel his situation is far superior to Brown/Jennings, though I'd put Brown next on the list for opportunity since you know Jacobs will get hurt during the season and Brown is, at this point, his eventual successor.
What does Bradshaw need to do in order to get any respect?When given a chance all he does is produce. He is not a beast like Jacobs but he is still built to be more than just a COP RB.
It's nothing against Bradshaw, but it seems doubtful that the Giants would move away from their current (highly successful) RB philosophy in the next couple of years. If Jacobs goes down, Brown is much more suitable to his powerback role than Bradshaw is. I can't imagine that the Giants would say "Ok, Jacobs is out. Let's throw Bradshaw and Ware out there all game long." It just doesn't fit.
FYI, Ware weighs 234.
Admittedly, I thought he was the same weight as Brown, and my comments were probably too focused on Bradshaw. Let me rephrase. I think right now, the 1-2 is Jacobs/Bradshaw, as it should be this early in the year. However, if Jacobs goes down--which would seem likely--I think that just like Derrick Ward did, Ware or Brown would step into the role of primary back--not Bradshaw.

Comparing Brown and Ware long-term, I think that Brown is the better bet. I simply think he's a superior talent (one of the top 6 or 7 backs in the draft). He runs with more power, is a good receiver, and is very good in pass protection. All of those are good signs that he'll earn PT sooner rather than later, and take over Ward's role.

Now, I admit I haven't seen Ware much--who has?--but he's on a one-year contract, struggled rising up the depth chart with the Jets and Titans, and was described in scouting reports as having a great burst but lacking elusiveness, having subpar vision, and not moving the pile as much as you'd think he should.

I could be wrong, of course. I just think out of everyone there, Brown's the one you should be watching and hoarding.

Any of these rookies worth a pickup in a deep league (53) with free roster spots, rookie draft is over?

Rhett Bomar

Devin Moore

Kory Sheets

Aaron Brown (Detroit)

Jeremiah Johnson

Mike Wallace

Brooks Foster

Sammie Stroughter

Demetrius Byrd

Louis Murphy

Jason Williams - LB

Mike Mitchell - DB

Any of these rookies worth a pickup in a deep league (53) with free roster spots, rookie draft is over?Rhett BomarDevin MooreKory SheetsAaron Brown (Detroit)Jeremiah JohnsonMike WallaceBrooks FosterSammie StroughterDemetrius ByrdLouis MurphyJason Williams - LBMike Mitchell - DB
I like Wallace and Mitchell the most of that group, I'd consider rostering all of them except for Murphy.

Any of these rookies worth a pickup in a deep league (53) with free roster spots, rookie draft is over?Rhett BomarDevin MooreKory SheetsAaron Brown (Detroit)Jeremiah JohnsonMike WallaceBrooks FosterSammie StroughterDemetrius ByrdLouis MurphyJason Williams - LBMike Mitchell - DB
I like Wallace and Mitchell the most of that group, I'd consider rostering all of them except for Murphy.
Thanks, those were also the two at the top of my cheat sheet. :link:

I like Ian Johnson as a DEEP dynasty sleeper. Chester Taylor is a free agent after this season and Johnson can possibly take over third down carries/receptions after that. Plus, with the way Peterson runs, his injury risk is higher than most.

I like Ian Johnson as a DEEP dynasty sleeper. Chester Taylor is a free agent after this season and Johnson can possibly take over third down carries/receptions after that. Plus, with the way Peterson runs, histhe other teams injury risk is higher than most.
Fixed.

Devin Moore gives something the other Seattle backs lack: Speed. I don't think he'd ever start, but he could be a useful CoP back that could score points ala Norwood or Washington, which has some value in deeper leagues.Mike Wallace could beat out Sweed and be the next Nate Washington in that offense. Jason Williams has a spot waiting for him once Brooking demonstrates he isn't good anymore. Byrd could take advantage of the lack of receivers in SD. He was a 3rd-4th round talent, he dropped because of the accident. Stroughter I think will have a small role, but there isn't much ahead of him. Even if he picks up more time, I don't think he'll excel, though. The rest I think have varying degrees of talent, but less of a chance to matter anytime soon.

I thought the Giant's method was to bring rookie RBs along slowly and make them serve their dues. Hence, Jacobs had to wait for Tiki. I don't think there is any certainty at all that Brown is the second back and more than likely he is the third or fourth. Bradshaw has produced really well in the NFL--what has Brown down in the NFL? He isn't an elite pick. He needs to show something and earn a roster spot before people anoint him Jacob's successor.
Agreed here, I think Ware might have something to "say" in the Ward role. He's young and the Giants have been very careful to keep him around.

Devin Moore gives something the other Seattle backs lack: Speed. I don't think he'd ever start, but he could be a useful CoP back that could score points ala Norwood or Washington, which has some value in deeper leagues.Mike Wallace could beat out Sweed and be the next Nate Washington in that offense. Jason Williams has a spot waiting for him once Brooking demonstrates he isn't good anymore. Byrd could take advantage of the lack of receivers in SD. He was a 3rd-4th round talent, he dropped because of the accident. Stroughter I think will have a small role, but there isn't much ahead of him. Even if he picks up more time, I don't think he'll excel, though. The rest I think have varying degrees of talent, but less of a chance to matter anytime soon.
I don't recall the exact quote but Cable basically said Mitchell would be their week 1 starting strong safety.

I don't recall the exact quote but Cable basically said Mitchell would be their week 1 starting strong safety.
I thought I'd mentioned Mitchell, but looking it over I guess I'm on crack. Yes, I agree, Mitchell should win a starting spot.

Admittedly, I thought he was the same weight as Brown, and my comments were probably too focused on Bradshaw. Let me rephrase. I think right now, the 1-2 is Jacobs/Bradshaw, as it should be this early in the year. However, if Jacobs goes down--which would seem likely--I think that just like Derrick Ward did, Ware or Brown would step into the role of primary back--not Bradshaw. Comparing Brown and Ware long-term, I think that Brown is the better bet. I simply think he's a superior talent (one of the top 6 or 7 backs in the draft). He runs with more power, is a good receiver, and is very good in pass protection. All of those are good signs that he'll earn PT sooner rather than later, and take over Ward's role. Now, I admit I haven't seen Ware much--who has?--but he's on a one-year contract, struggled rising up the depth chart with the Jets and Titans, and was described in scouting reports as having a great burst but lacking elusiveness, having subpar vision, and not moving the pile as much as you'd think he should.I could be wrong, of course. I just think out of everyone there, Brown's the one you should be watching and hoarding.
The question is whether getting Ward at the end of the draft is more valuable than getting Brown many rounds earlier. I feel Ware could do what Ward does.

I'm gonna go with Shawn Nelson TE Bills. With T.O. and Evans on the outside and Lynch/Jackson being good receivers out of the backfield, I could see him getting a lot of looks even as a rookie. Hopefully he can pick up the scheme fast enough to be able to play.

Deon Butler is being overlooked in alot of rookie draft and I think that might be a mistake.

prymetyme25 said:
Deon Butler is being overlooked in alot of rookie draft and I think that might be a mistake.
Agreed, Seattle traded up to get him for a reason. Kid looks effortless (in a good way) on the field.

New Jets coach Rex Ryan has already taken a liking to WR David Clowney.

Ryan took note of Clowney's blazing speed during last year's preseason, but now he thinks "there's more to him than that. He's been very impressive." Clowney has a chance to be a fantasy sleeper if the Jets don't draft a first-round wide receiver.Source: Newsday
I'm not sure what context this is in, but this is something I have not seen and is definitely interesting. Granted it's just one bit, but good info. To me the others are writers' speculation and more of the same I've seen around on Clowney since the preseason game he blew up.Until I see quotes from the staff saying that Stuckey is best fit as a slot guy, I still am holding strong that the kid could be a legitimate #2 guy in the NFL.
David Clowney ran as the Jets' starting split end at Thursday's OTA practice, ahead of Brad Smith.Chansi Stuckey was in the slot in three-wide sets. Jerricho Cotchery is the flanker. Clowney lacks Smith's experience, but has far more deep threat potential. We still think Dustin Keller is really the Jets' No. 2 receiver.Source: New York Daily News

:mellow:

New Jets coach Rex Ryan has already taken a liking to WR David Clowney.

Ryan took note of Clowney's blazing speed during last year's preseason, but now he thinks "there's more to him than that. He's been very impressive." Clowney has a chance to be a fantasy sleeper if the Jets don't draft a first-round wide receiver.Source: Newsday
I'm not sure what context this is in, but this is something I have not seen and is definitely interesting. Granted it's just one bit, but good info. To me the others are writers' speculation and more of the same I've seen around on Clowney since the preseason game he blew up.Until I see quotes from the staff saying that Stuckey is best fit as a slot guy, I still am holding strong that the kid could be a legitimate #2 guy in the NFL.
David Clowney ran as the Jets' starting split end at Thursday's OTA practice, ahead of Brad Smith.Chansi Stuckey was in the slot in three-wide sets. Jerricho Cotchery is the flanker. Clowney lacks Smith's experience, but has far more deep threat potential. We still think Dustin Keller is really the Jets' No. 2 receiver.Source: New York Daily News

:lmao:
I just saw this as well... nice tid-bit here. Interesting to see how this plays out throw the remainder of camp.

For me, it's the fact that he plays in Chicago.That is death for a passing game. Eleven 1000 yard receivers in their history. None since 2002 when Marty Booker did it in back-to-back seasons. He needed 97 and 100 catches to hit 1000. I think it's safe to say that there is no way that Hester is going to be a 100 catch guy.I have Jay Cutler on my "do not draft" list for the same reason. Four 3000 yard passers in their history. They have never had a 4000 yard passer. Never.Chicago is death for passing.
You do realize that different players in past years have zero correlation to this year's performance? Who have been the franchise QB's that the Bears franchise have had over the years? Who are the players that have had so much more success away from Chicago than they did while they were there? Has it really been the system depressing Bear's player stats or have they just not had much talent in the passing game? I'd say the latter after looking at the list of leading passers and receivers in Chicago over the last 20 years or more. QB's Orton, Griese, Grossman, Hutchinson, Stewart, Miller, McNown, Matthews, Kramer, Kreig, Walsh, Harbaugh, Tomczak, McMahon don't have a stellar signal caller among them and the list of WR's isn't much better although there have been a few guys like Berrian, Marcus Robinson, Curtis Conway (couldn't stay healthy) that were decent enough and a few solid possession guys like Booker, Engram, Proehl.
Very good point. You know...there was a time when people would not have touched a Cardinal.

The two biggest group think players in FBG drafts this year are Dillard (too high) and Coffee (too low).
Couldn't agree more. Coffee's ranking of #31 (32.1 avg, 35.5 mdn) in the current rookie rankings is ridiculously low for a RB that has very little competition for the #2 spot behind Gore.

The two biggest group think players in FBG drafts this year are Dillard (too high) and Coffee (too low).
Couldn't agree more. Coffee's ranking of #31 (32.1 avg, 35.5 mdn) in the current rookie rankings is ridiculously low for a RB that has very little competition for the #2 spot behind Gore.
for me, Coffee did not strike me as a NFL-type player. I just did not get the feel that he was a guy that could be a viable fantasy player. Now, it is early and anything can happen, but this is why I have him low.

for me, Coffee did not strike me as a NFL-type player. I just did not get the feel that he was a guy that could be a viable fantasy player. Now, it is early and anything can happen, but this is why I have him low.
I have Coffee lower because of how much I like Sheets. And downgraded both.But Coffee is was a 3rd round pick. Sheets was a FA not drafted. So maybe I am letting pre nfl draft ideas have too much influence here but I like Sheets as a prospect better than Coffee.This might be flawed thinking because it goes against SF knowing what they are doing.

I have Coffee lower because of how much I like Sheets. And downgraded both.But Coffee is was a 3rd round pick. Sheets was a FA not drafted. So maybe I am letting pre nfl draft ideas have too much influence here but I like Sheets as a prospect better than Coffee.

This might be flawed thinking because it goes against SF knowing what they are doing.
I have the same feelings. True one might be a 3rd round pick but unless you are a 1 or a 2 when camp starts draft rounds are thrown out the window. The players who pick up the offense faster play. IMO

Deep Sleeper: I think Danny Ware for the Giants is a guy you can get very late and has a good skill set. People are writing him off after the draft, but Bradshaw looked bad last year and Jacobs may be gone after this year. Ware could do what Ward did IMO. I want to note that I liked the way Bradshaw ran two years ago, but he simply showed no vision last year. I am not sure what happened. I am a Giant fan who watches (many times) each game.ETA: Bradshaw also fumbled too many times for so few carries.
Bradshaw did not look bad last year. Ware may turn into a great player and so may A. Brown, but people who want to write off Bradshaw haven't seen him play. He's proven he can play in the NFL. He hasn't proven he can be a featured back yet, but he hasn't had the chance. But to say he "played bad" is just plain wrong.

But Coffee is was a 3rd round pick. Sheets was a FA not drafted. So maybe I am letting pre nfl draft ideas have too much influence here but I like Sheets as a prospect better than Coffee.
Think Pierre Thomas vs. Antonio Pittman. That being said, they'd probably keep Coffee and Sheets both and drop someone else.

Chaz Schilens. Has the body, the opportunity, and appears to be No. 1 receiver in Raiders training camps/OTAs.

But Coffee is was a 3rd round pick. Sheets was a FA not drafted. So maybe I am letting pre nfl draft ideas have too much influence here but I like Sheets as a prospect better than Coffee.
Think Pierre Thomas vs. Antonio Pittman. That being said, they'd probably keep Coffee and Sheets both and drop someone else.
Michael Robinson is staying because of his versatility & special teams. Thomas Clayton is a dog in that 3 headed race. Clayton flashed talent at FSU then Kansas State. He's got just as much talent as those other two which is why Coffee may be generally undervalued. Singletary seems like the type of guy that is going to pick the guy proving it in camp

I'm gonna go with Shawn Nelson TE Bills. With T.O. and Evans on the outside and Lynch/Jackson being good receivers out of the backfield, I could see him getting a lot of looks even as a rookie. Hopefully he can pick up the scheme fast enough to be able to play.
I liked Nelson before he went to Buffalo. I just don't see where the targets will come from. There is already a shortage with TO being added.

I liked Nelson before he went to Buffalo. I just don't see where the targets will come from. There is already a shortage with TO being added.
TO is old and he's on a one year deal. I don't think he represents a long term obstacle in Buffalo.

TO is old and he's on a one year deal. I don't think he represents a long term obstacle in Buffalo.
:sleep: You don't draft a rookie TE with the expectation of results in year one... it's year 2 or 3 that he'll produce, if he is going to produce.

Users who are viewing this thread