What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Time to bench Jahvid Best? (1 Viewer)

Raiderfan32904

Footballguy
Best owner, riding the Best hype train. Drafted in the late 2nd, so I definitely "reached" for him.

But with Stafford out, and facing the tough Philly defense, I am considering other options. Just a bad feeling about him this weekend.

Anyone else worried?

I got him in the fourth, but the draft was mid-august.

Am I worried? Yes.

Am I going to bench him? No.

Keep in mind my other options are Michael Bush or Marion Barber.

It really depends on who you have but he scored 2 TD's in his first game ever and now it's time to bench him? They'll definately try and establish the run and I could see a lot of check down passes to a guy like Best from a backup QB.

He has some pluses this week. At home on turf, should get plenty of work with Stafford out. No Bradley for the birds. Thinking about him over Forte.

I still love Best going forward, but not as much now that Stafford is out. Staffords big time arm is going to open things up when he gets back. He is not a fallen might. I am not looking to sell low. Very much a hold.

Best owner, riding the Best hype train. Drafted in the late 2nd, so I definitely "reached" for him.But with Stafford out, and facing the tough Philly defense, I am considering other options. Just a bad feeling about him this weekend.Anyone else worried?
Unfortunately i have to choose 2 rb's between Best, spiller, shonn green and felix jones. You feeling my delemma? :thumbup:

Shaun Hill ain't a bad QB
Exactly. At this point in their careers, he may be a better quarterback than Stafford.
Agreed. What happened with Frank Gore when Hill was the QB at SF? Not saying Best = Gore, simply stating that Hill's presence shouldn't automatically devalue Best if you believe Best had value to begin with. Not to mention that Hill didn't have Calvin to throw to and stretch the field in SF... I am rolling with Best for now...

Best should get you 3-5 receptions, so in a PPR league, Best still has value, even he only gets about 50 yards rushing.

Most drafted him as a #2 or #3RB, so he still should be OK.......albeit PHI isn't a good matchup.

Exactly. At this point in their careers, he may be a better quarterback than Stafford.
Well Stafford got some first downs and 2 TD drives.
Detroit needs to run the two-minute offense the whole game and spread it out. That is when Hill looked sharp, and spreading out the defense is EXACTLY what Best needs. Best just needs some openings to run through and this kid is dangerous. Detroit ran an ultra conservative offense almost the entire game and Chicago gave no respect to Detroit's passing game.

i would never consider benching him for mcfadden
Why not? McFadden got 150 total yards and a TD against a tough Titans defense. The Rams will be much easier by comparison. I'd be surprised if McFadden didn't have top 10 numbers this week.
bush. also had mcfadden the last 2 years and know it doesnt matter how promising things look for him
Did you watch the Raiders game? I watched all of it 4x. I noticed McFadden had almost all winning plays, meaning he pushed through the garbage and maximized his gains. His 150 weren't on one long play and a bunch of stuffed runs. He was by and large consistently getting good chunks of yardage without the benefit of good blocking. You need to wake up and see the changes. If you are one of guys that remembers Mike X Williams as the fat turd, and cant get past that, you'll be too late. Actually never mind.

I would think Hill will only get more comfortable, taking all the first team snaps in practice now and preparing to be the starter. QB's who come in during the midst of a game for an injured starter don't always seem very prepared.

He's not an AWFUL QB. I think Best will be fine and will produce average RB2 numbers the rest of the season. I'm sure there will be some 5 point clunker games thrown in as well against a couple of the better defenses on the road.

As a Packer fan, I watched the Eagles defense play last week. Before Ryan Grant was injured, he ripped off three double digit runs. Now I haven't seen Detroit's offensive line this year, but the Eagles D can be run on. I also both Best and Bradshaw, prior to Foster rolling up the Colts D, I was all Best. Now that Sanders is gone and the Colts were rolled up, I'm really starting to like Bradshaw. I'm in a PPR league, fyi.

As a Packer fan, I watched the Eagles defense play last week. Before Ryan Grant was injured, he ripped off three double digit runs. Now I haven't seen Detroit's offensive line this year, but the Eagles D can be run on. I also both Best and Bradshaw, prior to Foster rolling up the Colts D, I was all Best. Now that Sanders is gone and the Colts were rolled up, I'm really starting to like Bradshaw. I'm in a PPR league, fyi.
My thinking too. I like Best, but think Bradshaw has higher upside this week.

when i watched the eagles d i thought the opposite. incredibly impressive. no defense lasts for long when the offense goes 3 and out every single time.

He's still about a top 20 option at running back. If you have better options then yes you should bench him. I see a lot are saying Bradshaw and that's a no-brainer, he'll torch the Colts. McFadden is close but even if Bush plays I'd still go McFadden because of matchup. Just remember Best ran well in short yardage against a tough front seven and that's something positive to take out of the game against the Bears. He'll feel more comfortable at home and the turf will only help him.

Same as what everyone else says, it depends on your bench.

I am stacked at RB so I'm either going to start Bradshaw, B.Jackson, or Mathews over Best this week alongside Ray Rice. Honestly, any one of those guys is a lot better. Best's matchup is obviously one people would rather avoid, especially if they put 8-9 in the box. I'd still like to see him gain a better YPC before having to start him though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to bench Jahvid Best?

If you have a player of comparable upside then its your decision.

I personally think he will be fine, he had a tough game sunday and still got his goal line touches touchdowns.

If I had Bradshaw I would be starting him as my RB2 this week and Best in the FLEX.

I came here to post "heck yeah you bench him!"... After reading through the thread I'm having 2nd thoughts. Some good points in here as to why he's still a decent option.

That said, I've got Greene+LT+BJax+Ronnie+Ricky, so he's still hitting my bench. I'm lucky to have 3 "better" options (IMO). The gist of it is that there are a lot more options who are "better" all of a sudden, but Best is still a decent option.

Benching him seems like the smart thing to do.

But having out-smarted myself too many times in the past, I'm going start him at flex.

Edit: my other option is Felix Jones. Still going with Best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Stafford got some first downs and 2 TD drives.
Detroit needs to run the two-minute offense the whole game and spread it out. That is when Hill looked sharp, and spreading out the defense is EXACTLY what Best needs. Best just needs some openings to run through and this kid is dangerous. Detroit ran an ultra conservative offense almost the entire game and Chicago gave no respect to Detroit's passing game.
This. I drafted Best in my dynasty because I think this guy has the ability to break a run or two a game, but that initial game, he wasn't given the opportunity by his own offense.If they open it up a bit, he'll score big points.

Benching him for Charles. The TDs saved him last week and I'm a bit concerned. Grant and Jackson combined did have over 100 rushing yards though, but Jackson was 18 for 65 by himself.

I'll probably let FBGs make this decision for me this week because I always seem to bench the wrong guy making my own decisions. :bag:

As a Packer fan, I watched the Eagles defense play last week. Before Ryan Grant was injured, he ripped off three double digit runs. Now I haven't seen Detroit's offensive line this year, but the Eagles D can be run on.
Most important Stewart Bradley will be out for the concussion. Omar Gaither is a big downgrade for the run defense.I still think Best is a minor risk with Hill at QB. The Hill > Stafford comments are laughable.

As a Packer fan, I watched the Eagles defense play last week. Before Ryan Grant was injured, he ripped off three double digit runs. Now I haven't seen Detroit's offensive line this year, but the Eagles D can be run on.
Most important Stewart Bradley will be out for the concussion. Omar Gaither is a big downgrade for the run defense.I still think Best is a minor risk with Hill at QB. The Hill > Stafford comments are laughable.
Hill doesnt have much upside, but he is a good game manager. not much of a downgrade imo.

I'm fairly convinced that I'm going to bench Best this week. DeAngelo and McCoy will fill out my 2 RB slots, and I'll probably roll with Moreno in my flex.

Why on earth would I bench a guy who scored 2 TDs on a full strength Bears Def in his first NFL game, on the road no less?

On KFFL: "Jahvid Best dealing with toe injury"

this was on the KFFL ticker and no other information. do you guys know anything more?

Users who are viewing this thread