What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Time to bench Jahvid Best? (1 Viewer)

As others have mentioned, Stew Bradley not being in at MLB downgrades this entire defense big time. Best doesn't need a ton of space to rip off a few big gains. Hill, I don't think, is much of a downgrade at all. In fact he might bring a little stability to the team. He should checkdown to Best a ton as the pass rush via Graham and Cole is still strong. i could see 8-9 receptions for Best this weekend and once he gets into open field its lights out (Eagles secondary is not known for excelling at tackling). He played a tough defense at full strength on the road last week. This week he gets a team whose defense is without their "quarterback" and offense is without theirs as well, resulting in a lot of 3 and outs. At home. On turf. Sit him at your own risk.

I am starting him with Mendy and Brandon Jackson as my flex over MBII, Harrison, and Welker FWIW.

As a Packer fan, I watched the Eagles defense play last week. Before Ryan Grant was injured, he ripped off three double digit runs. Now I haven't seen Detroit's offensive line this year, but the Eagles D can be run on. I also both Best and Bradshaw, prior to Foster rolling up the Colts D, I was all Best. Now that Sanders is gone and the Colts were rolled up, I'm really starting to like Bradshaw. I'm in a PPR league, fyi.
:confused: Ealges' defense isn't great against the run,they were chewed up in preseason, and again last week by Grant before the injury..and Best is much faster..Lions play at home, where they seem to play better...confident in a 100+ yard rushing effort from Best..could make a big splash this weekend.

How the mighty have fallen...after one week.
Still love him...but Bradshaw is the better start this week. We are talking about 2 guys drafted as RB3's on most teams at this point. Best is a great prospect. He has proven nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best owner, riding the Best hype train. Drafted in the late 2nd, so I definitely "reached" for him.But with Stafford out, and facing the tough Philly defense, I am considering other options. Just a bad feeling about him this weekend.Anyone else worried?
Unfortunately i have to choose 2 rb's between Best, spiller, shonn green and felix jones. You feeling my delemma? :D
best is an obv start here cmon.

Best owner, riding the Best hype train. Drafted in the late 2nd, so I definitely "reached" for him.But with Stafford out, and facing the tough Philly defense, I am considering other options. Just a bad feeling about him this weekend.Anyone else worried?
Unfortunately i have to choose 2 rb's between Best, spiller, shonn green and felix jones. You feeling my delemma? :wall:
best is an obv start here cmon.
You have to start Felix and hope one of his 4 touches turns into a long touchdown. I kid. But yeah, you don't have the studliest backfield.

for me

week 1

m turner

j best

a bradshaw

week 2

m turner

a bradshaw

j best

what's in a title...RB2 maybe, RB3 definitely. he just still has too much upside...one broken tackle, one red zone opp. he should touch the ball 20 times...that's money for a RB2/3

Jahvid Best today: 16 carries 120 yards 2 TDs, 5 catches 60 yards

Going out on a limb, but I think this is the day he explodes as rookie of the year candidate. The first week was disappointing, but starting now he lives up to the hype.

Jahvid Best today: 16 carries 120 yards 2 TDs, 5 catches 60 yardsGoing out on a limb, but I think this is the day he explodes as rookie of the year candidate. The first week was disappointing, but starting now he lives up to the hype.
Man I hope so. I have been going back and forth between Best and Williams(TB) all week long for my flex spot.

Sitting best in 2 of 3 league.

Only league he is starting for me is my dynasty league where I have him in ahead of Hightower, Jacobs and Reggie Bush.

Jahvid Best today: 16 carries 120 yards 2 TDs, 5 catches 60 yardsGoing out on a limb, but I think this is the day he explodes as rookie of the year candidate. The first week was disappointing, but starting now he lives up to the hype.
Man I hope so. I have been going back and forth between Best and Williams(TB) all week long for my flex spot.
Exact same with me. Cadillac or Best in flex...

16 carries 47 yards, 5 catches 30 yards

That's about what I am expecting this week.
In the first quarter?
4 carries, 60 yards...yes, first quarter.

I think you may have underrated him. Eagles defense minus Stewart Bradley = sieve. Best is looking awesome right now.

That's about what I am expecting this week.
In the first quarter?
4 carries, 60 yards...yes, first quarter.
5-74, TD....1-19...

good call by timscochet. started him today (only other choice was steward... small benches) and am beginning to get very excited!

Nice jinx!
You fellow Best owners need to thank me for using my legendary jinx.I love this kid

Hi haters who posted ITT last week even though he had 2 TDs. Whats up now. EAT CROW...EAT IT. He is the number 1 RB in scoring.

Users who are viewing this thread