What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Modern Family Thread (1 Viewer)

I'm a huge fan of Modern Family, but for me this season premier episode was just OK (minus the cleavage).
I agree. There are some memorable moments but not the best episode. I loved Manny coming in from his date, anyone check out his outfit?

One of my favorite scenes from last night...

Luke [looking at photo from Rose Bowl from 20 years ago]: Mom, you look pretty.... so, what happened?

Phil: Well Lukey, everyone gets older. Just because parts of your mom aren't what they used to be...

Luke: I mean, what happened in the game?

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my favorite scenes from last night...Luke [looking at photo from Rose Bowl from 20 years ago]: Mom, you look pretty.... so, what happened?Phil: Well Lukey, everyone gets older. Just because parts of your mom aren't what they used to be...Luke: I mean, what happened in the game?
It's even funnier because Phil did the same thing season:Luke: So what was the picture of? Phil: Well, it was a woman on a tractor, and she had her shirt off.Luke: Was it hot? Phil: Okay, we're being honest here. Umm... this particular woman - well, my tastes do run to the curvy, and the cowboy had did not hurt one bit. Couple that with the cut-off jeans - and you were asking about the weather, weren't you?

iamsmilin said:
PlayaHata said:
I'm a huge fan of Modern Family, but for me this season premier episode was just OK (minus the cleavage).
I agree. There are some memorable moments but not the best episode.
You were looking for more laughs?Phil sold them.

Was it just me or did last nights episode portray a bit more gayness affection than last season? I like the show however if Mitchell and Cam ever become lip locked I will have to turn it off.

:angry:

iamsmilin said:
PlayaHata said:
I agree. There are some memorable moments but not the best episode.
You were looking for more laughs?Phil sold them.
:lmao: Did anyone notice Luke's jar of sunlight glowed a bit at the end?
Was it just me or did last nights episode portray a bit more gayness affection than last season? I like the show however if Mitchell and Cam ever become lip locked I will have to turn it off. :goodposting:
You may want to quit while you are ahead. It's in the plans for this season.

Was it just me or did last nights episode portray a bit more gayness affection than last season? I like the show however if Mitchell and Cam ever become lip locked I will have to turn it off. :shock:
I noticed that too. Handholding and such from teh gay guys. I wonder if a focus group told them to get that in there more often.

Jayrok said:
Jayrok said:
Just gave this show a shot last night.

Nice cleavage. But only one laugh: the Vietnam line.
Best scene of the show last night was Gloria stirring the salt into the drink. Jiggling Jubbly cleavage is always a bonus for a season premiere.
I've been looking for that gif all morning.
HerePosted in the Sofia V. thread.

She looks great now at 38, but the first time I ever saw her was in FHM magazine circa 2001/2002 and I thought she was one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen.

Visit My Website
Only reason I watch 4 brothers when it's on , ok not the only reason

Was it just me or did last nights episode portray a bit more gayness affection than last season? I like the show however if Mitchell and Cam ever become lip locked I will have to turn it off. :goodposting:
I noticed that too. Handholding and such from teh gay guys. I wonder if a focus group told them to get that in there more often.
Things like that (and the little peck on the head) just make them all the more believable as a couple, IMO. That's one of the things I really like about the show - as over-the-top as some of their situations are, the characters feel more real to me than those on the typical sitcom.

Was it just me or did last nights episode portray a bit more gayness affection than last season? I like the show however if Mitchell and Cam ever become lip locked I will have to turn it off. :lmao:
it's not any focus group told them to do it. there has been some effort to portray them as an actual couple and that includes displays of affection.

Was it just me or did last nights episode portray a bit more gayness affection than last season? I like the show however if Mitchell and Cam ever become lip locked I will have to turn it off. :shrug:
Things like that (and the little peck on the head) just make them all the more believable as a couple, IMO. That's one of the things I really like about the show - as over-the-top as some of their situations are, the characters feel more real to me than those on the typical sitcom.
As funny as the show is, my favorite aspect of the show is the dynamic in Phil's family, that both parents are a little off, and its not the typical doofus dad, and keeping the family together master of everything mother couple. There are hints of it, like when Phil jumps on the hood of the car, but she makes plenty of her own mistakes, which as you said, makes the characters feel more real.

Jayrok said:
Jayrok said:
Just gave this show a shot last night.

Nice cleavage. But only one laugh: the Vietnam line.
Best scene of the show last night was Gloria stirring the salt into the drink. Jiggling Jubbly cleavage is always a bonus for a season premiere.
I've been looking for that gif all morning.
HerePosted in the Sofia V. thread.

She looks great now at 38, but the first time I ever saw her was in FHM magazine circa 2001/2002 and I thought she was one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen.

Visit My Website
:goodposting: I could stare at that all day.

It took me a few episodes but I am loving this show now. Really funny. Not to mention the Colombian mother's boobies are really hypnotizing. :wub:
:popcorn: Loved the tight shot of her stirring salt into the chocolate milk.
More of that last night when she was cooking dinner... I have to assume her juggies shaking will be in every episode now.
Was it just me or did last nights episode portray a bit more gayness affection than last season? I like the show however if Mitchell and Cam ever become lip locked I will have to turn it off. :shock:
So you're out after last night I guess, huh?

Cam says, "You can do my back," and turns around waiting for a back rub....meanwhile Mitch stands there with shaving cream and razor in hand waiting for Cam to take off his shirt.

All of the Cam scenes last night were killing me. I loved how they blurred him everytime he turned forward.

Jay's response during the "father daughter" dance was hilarious.

All of the Cam scenes last night were killing me. I loved how they blurred him everytime he turned forward. Jay's response during the "father daughter" dance was hilarious.
:goodposting: But once again. Gay guys = hilariousJay = very funnyPhil = funnyPhil's wife and kids = not so funnySophia Verclevage = hot but not funnyFat little Colombian = very unfunny

All of the Cam scenes last night were killing me. I loved how they blurred him everytime he turned forward. Jay's response during the "father daughter" dance was hilarious.
:unsure: But once again. Gay guys = hilariousJay = very funnyPhil = funnyPhil's wife and kids = not so funnySophia Verclevage = hot but not funnyFat little Colombian = very unfunny
Gay guys = hilariousJay = very funnyPhil & Fat little colombian= funnyPhil's kids = not so funnySophia Verclevage = hot but not funnyJulie Bowen is growing on me. She is hit or miss, mostly miss but once in a while a hit. She's the catalyst for Phil and everyone else to be funny.

iamsmilin said:
Officer Pete Malloy said:
iamsmilin said:
All of the Cam scenes last night were killing me. I loved how they blurred him everytime he turned forward.

:kicksrock: But once again.

Gay guys = hilarious

Jay = very funny

Phil = funny

Phil's wife and kids = not so funny

Sophia Verclevage = hot but not funny

Fat little Colombian = very unfunny
Gay guys = hilariousJay = very funny

Phil & Fat little colombian= funny

Phil's kids = not so funny

Julie Bowen is growing on me. She is hit or miss, mostly miss but once in a while a hit. She's the catalyst for Phil and everyone else to be funny.
Ever notice how she HATES Phil?

mr fancypants said:
Pipes said:
Glaven said:
Phil is the funniest imo.
:ph34r: Manny is a close 2nd.
This is shtick, right?
OPM there was a prior post somewhere describing the connection between the Phil Dunphy and Michael Scott characters.I just figured the majority of FBG's are either one or the other in real life.
I meant the Manny part. The character isn't funny and that kid can't act.

iamsmilin said:
iamsmilin said:

:ph34r: But once again.

Gay guys = hilarious

Jay = very funny

Phil = funny

Julie Bowen is growing on me. She is hit or miss, mostly miss but once in a while a hit. She's the catalyst for Phil and everyone else to be funny.
She doesn't hate Phil. I think it takes a wife/mother to understand her frustrations with him. She has to be the responsible one and do everything while Phil gets to jack around and be a prankster.

"Leave it to the gays to raise the only underachiving Asian in America"

Guy: I admire you.

Jay: Wait a minute and tell me.

:lmao: But once again.

Gay guys = hilarious

Jay = very funny

Phil = funny

She doesn't hate Phil. I think it takes a wife/mother to understand her frustrations with him. She has to be the responsible one and do everything while Phil gets to jack around and be a prankster.
No, she hates him.

Users who are viewing this thread